• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The new Alola region!

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
    The new Alola region!

Things...look interesting. There's a rift above Poni Island not unlike those seen while soaring in OR/AS and the overworld has an orangey, sunset-ish tinge. What could those mean? Something tells me the rift will involve a legendary of some kind.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    The rift above Poni Island is likely the portal to the Ultra Dimension/Ultra Space that we went through in Sun/Moon, the positioning seems about right for it. Hopefully that indicates a greatly expanded Ultra Space for us to play through.....it was pretty disappointing in S/M.

Don't really think the map being at sunset/sunrise really means much though

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I'm probably looking way too much into this, and I hate to bring the clouds back into this, but...

Spoiler:

Does this cloud look like Kommo-o to anyone else? There also looks like there's something next it, that doesn't really look like a cloud... It's more than likely than nothing, but mildly interesting.

Years
    Like Nah, I think that dark cloud above Poni Island might be an Ultra Wormhole. Hopefully this will mean an expanded Ultra Space, because it was disappointing in S/M.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I'm probably looking way too much into this, and I hate to bring the clouds back into this, but...

Spoiler:

Does this cloud look like Kommo-o to anyone else? There also looks like there's something next it, that doesn't really look like a cloud... It's more than likely than nothing, but mildly interesting.

I don't really see it, but I'm bad at things like these xD
    also that's a boat.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I don't really see it, but I'm bad at things like these xD
    also that's a boat.
    Not the boat, there's something to the right of the cloud (probably should've been more specific XP).

It's probably absolutely nothing, but now I can't unsee.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Not the boat, there's something to the right of the cloud (probably should've been more specific XP).

It's probably absolutely nothing, but now I can't unsee.

Unless I'm blind, and the thing is painfully obvious, I think that's just a weird cloud shape.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2019
    If you take a look at the original Alolan map from S/M and look and take a look at the USM map that little island behind Akala isn't covered up anymore. (Clouds are covering it in the original SM artwork) Am I overthinking this? I don't think it was an accessible area in SM.

HeroLinik

Years
    I've also just noticed something. If you look at Brooklet Hill in the original map, you'll see the fountain-esque design, where all the water appears to trickle down, but here there doesn't seem to be any water. What could this be representing?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2019
    I've also just noticed something. If you look at Brooklet Hill in the original map, you'll see the fountain-esque design, where all the water appears to trickle down, but here there doesn't seem to be any water. What could this be representing?

You're right, it looks like it's all dried up. Maybe there's an artificial dam blocking the way, or possibly a Pokemon? I suppose maybe an extreme drought, but I personally doubt that.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    in the area around the rift, the water is the normal blue color. What if the hole thingy takes you to an alternate version of alola?

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 25, 2024

Another thing I noticed about Akala is that the volcanos are also no longer spouting smoke. Something could be affecting Alola's ecosystem and environment.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    It's also the case in the waters south of Ula'ula as well. In fact, the entire southern half has the normal blue colour for the water. Is this meant to represent something?
    I think it's just that the rift and Lanakila are blocking the sunset's reflection, so the water looks normal.

HeroLinik

Years
    Something could be affecting Alola's ecosystem and environment.

This could potentially be a cue for Zygarde to come into the plot, because according to its Pokedex entries it becomes enraged when the ecosystem becomes affected in a substantial way, and reveals its secret power, which is quite possibly its Complete Forme. I hope this happens and that you actually get to battle Zygarde this time around, because the Zygarde collection quest was very tedious and poorly-done.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    This could potentially be a cue for Zygarde to come into the plot, because according to its Pokedex entries it becomes enraged when the ecosystem becomes affected in a substantial way, and reveals its secret power, which is quite possibly its Complete Forme.

That would certainly be much better than SM's Zygarde quest. It could even be a game-spanning side quest running concurrent with the main plot.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I love the colour scheme of the map, while there isn't much different it looks miles better than the original imo. That purple void above Poni Island has a striking resemblance to the one above Mt. Coronet.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Apart from the purple void, the region looks the same to me. Can't see new areas. Disappoinment growing.

Back