• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The new Alola region!

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I don't like that Pikachu is again getting attention. I get it is the mascot of the franchise but it has gotten old in my opinion. What is the purpose of this new pikachu area thing?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
    I don't like that Pikachu is again getting attention. I get it is the mascot of the franchise but it has gotten old in my opinion. What is the purpose of this new pikachu area thing?

The chances are that the girl who teaches Volt Tackle to Pikachu will be living there.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023

It's fanservice. They know that most people like pikachu, so they put tons of pikachu in so the games will sell more.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    It's fanservice. They know that most people like pikachu, so they put tons of pikachu in so the games will sell more.
    I don't think so. Pikachu is not a great pokemon. It's stats is not good enough for competitive play. I do not think most people like pikachu.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I don't think so. Pikachu is not a great pokemon. It's stats is not good enough for competitive play. I do not think most people like pikachu.

Ok not everyone cares about competitive play. The competitive fanbase is probably 20% at most. They're aiming for the kids who know pikachu from the show or think it's cute or whatever.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Ok not everyone cares about competitive play. The competitive fanbase is probably 20% at most. They're aiming for the kids who know pikachu from the show or think it's cute or whatever.
    Pikachu still can't handle serious battles in the the story and post game. Pikachu is more of a collectable pokemon than a fighter. Why else would Red's Pikachu go down so fast?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Pikachu still can't handle serious battles in the the story and post game. Pikachu is more of a collectable pokemon than a fighter. Why else would Red's Pikachu go down so fast?

The pokemon games aren't that hard, any properly trained pokemon can get through pretty much the entire game. And Red's pikachu may be weak defensively but it has high speed and Special attack allowing it to one shot a fair number of pokemon.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    The pokemon games aren't that hard, any properly trained pokemon can get through pretty much the entire game. And Red's pikachu may be weak defensively but it has high speed and Special attack allowing it to one shot a fair number of pokemon.

Say that to SM who has a much harder difficulty than previous games. I had to rely on other pokemon and not just my starter. That was a pain.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Alex you sound like those kids who just use their starter and nothing else. If you want to not switch out why not just do a solo challenge with your starter?

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    But what's the point of a full party when you just use your starter to carry your team?
    I don't like having empty spots on my team.

Alex you sound like those kids who just use their starter and nothing else. If you want to not switch out why not just do a solo challenge with your starter?
    I actually an adult. I just like playing through the story and post game with my starter.

Back