• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The new and improved Hoenn Dex! Now with 20% more awesomeness :33

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    We know that we had a fair share of 202 Pokemon in the local Hoenn Dex. That itself is pretty large considering it is 202/386 total Pokemon. Do you think that we will get more additions to the Hoenn Dex? Will some get removed? What do you think will the total number of Pokemon will be available in the game?

Discuss!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The title miss led me into thinking an addition to the Hoenn dex was confirmed xD.
    I doubt any will be removed. I hope that just the Gen 4 pre-evos and evos to Hoenn dex Pokòmon are added and I'll be happy with it. I wouldn't mind it staying the same like Kanto's dex did either.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    In X and Y you can transfer pokemon that aren't in the Costal/Mountain/The other one Kalos pokedex at the start of the game before you get the national dex, so IMO it doesn't matter how much there will be.

But I do think pokemon such as Gallade/Froslass will be in it as that would make sense. Any new pokemon getting a Mega that was not originally in the R/S Pokedex should be added (not sure about Diance though). And personally I hope pokemon that were not available/catch-able/obtainable without pokebank (other than legendaries) for X/Y are catchable in OR/AS such as Misdreavus. I could also see some pokes like Cherubi get added because of their moves/ability realating to weather...

Katunei999

Katunei
    Years
    I think it will be pretty much the same as last time, seeing as it's a re-make. I think they'll make Mawile and Sableye version exclusive again, because they both have a mega evolution. But I doubt they will introduce new Pokémon, or take any of the Hoenn region specific Pokémon out. Though after the League, maybe more Pokémon will pop up? Speaking of which, the Safari Zone will probably have a different range of Pokémon, and the Pokédex might accommodate newer Pokémon. Like, maybe now you can find Woobat in Rusturf Tunnel, or Hawlucha in Route 119.

Years
    In the Official art for super secret bases, it was shown that there is a Litwick and Lapras doll. This seems to hint that more than just Hoenn pokemon will appear.

Years
    In the Official art for super secret bases, it was shown that there is a Litwick and Lapras doll. This seems to hint that more than just Hoenn pokemon will appear.

It's promotional art, they usually tend to have Pokemon that aren't even native to the dex of the game. Also note that the Kanto starters also have dolls, and I don't think they'll be part of a fourth regional Pokedex any time soon (if anyone wants to know what the three are they're Kanto, Johto, and Central Kalos).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I believe 250 is the best suited number for an expanded Hoenn dex, because there are 135 Hoenn Pokémon, and you don't want the number of non-Hoenn mons to outnumber it. Just look at the Unova dex in B2/W2, which had a total of 300 Pokémon. There are 155 Unova mons, and the dex has 145 non-Unova mons, so it doesn't outnumber the Unova mons. That because ORAS is a remake of an odd-numbered gen, so the new mons are suppose to outnumber the old mons, whereas with even-numbered gens, it's the exact opposite.

Years
    I believe 250 is the best suited number for an expanded Hoenn dex, because there are 135 Hoenn Pokémon, and you don't want the number of non-Hoenn mons to outnumber it. Just look at the Unova dex in B2/W2, which had a total of 300 Pokémon. There are 155 Unova mons, and the dex has 145 non-Unova mons, so it doesn't outnumber the Unova mons. That because ORAS is a remake of an odd-numbered gen, so the new mons are suppose to outnumber the old mons, whereas with even-numbered gens, it's the exact opposite.

That's true, I wouldn't like it if the Gen III pokemon were outnumbered by Gen I, II, IV, V, and even VI pokemon combined. Maybe the addition mentioned is only the Sinnoh evolutions...

Years
    According to CoroCoro there are different Pokemon in Hoenn than before, hopefully this means in addition to the original 202!

I'm hoping they'll limit it to the Sinnoh evolutionary relatives and perhaps add in a few ice and ghost types such as Lapras and the Litwick lines so that they will hopefully give them to Glacia and Phoebe.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm hoping they'll limit it to the Sinnoh evolutionary relatives and perhaps add in a few ice and ghost types such as Lapras and the Litwick lines so that they will hopefully give them to Glacia and Phoebe.

Same. I hope to see a small amount from each region perhaps, obviously not over doing it but a similar figure to the Dex in B2/W2 would be nice.

Years
    Same. I hope to see a small amount from each region perhaps, obviously not over doing it but a similar figure to the Dex in B2/W2 would be nice.

I hope not that much. 98 more Pokemon seems like a lot and would cause them to outnumber the Gen III Pokemon in the dex. Pinkie's number of 250 seems good, I wouldn't mind something the size of Pt's dex.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    They'll definitely add the 4th evolutions like Froslass, Dusknoir etc. Then they'll probably add more Pokemon to make Glacia and Phoebe's teams more interesting. And hopefully some more Steel Pokemon to make Steven's team more to his type than Fossil's, lmao. Something like Skarmory, Klinklang, Aggron, Magnezone, Steelix, and Metagross. His pitiful excuse of a "Steel" team in RSE was awful lol.

I would like the dex to be a lot bigger, though, it seemed that a lot of the routes in RSE had a lot of the same Pokemon. I'd even like to see it expanded to be as big as X & Y's was tbh.

Years
    They'll definitely add the 4th evolutions like Froslass, Dusknoir etc. Then they'll probably add more Pokemon to make Glacia and Phoebe's teams more interesting. And hopefully some more Steel Pokemon to make Steven's team more to his type than Fossil's, lmao. Something like Skarmory, Klinklang, Aggron, Magnezone, Steelix, and Metagross. His pitiful excuse of a "Steel" team in RSE was awful lol.

I would like the dex to be a lot bigger, though, it seemed that a lot of the routes in RSE had a lot of the same Pokemon. I'd even like to see it expanded to be as big as X & Y's was tbh.

XY was diverse in the Pokemon we found in a route, just like they (GF) said they'll be. I just don't want it to be Kalos' size, that's just too much. Hoenn isn't as big as Kalos (it' the third biggest region, with Sinnoh being second, and Kalos first I think). But then again in the tropics one is likely to find as much more diversity in one spoonful of soil than in the whole Tundra.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I think it would be wise to add a small number of Kalos Pokémon, with these games being tied in with Gen VI I think it would be a good way to connect with X & Y.

Years
    I definitely cannot see any Pokemon being removed from the Hoenn Dex, even those that aren't native to Hoenn (e.g., Pika line, Zubat line, etc.). I can, however, see the Gen. IV pre-evos. and evos. being added on, as HGSS included plenty of the Gen. IV evos. If GF decides to add any unrelated Pokemon, I'd like to see more Ice types, particularly the Swinub line (Mamoswine is a fantastic Ice type and would be so useful for Glacia to have), Lapras (also useful), and the Jynx line (Jynx may get a Mega Evo., so having her in the game could make sense).

Years
    I definitely cannot see any Pokemon being removed from the Hoenn Dex, even those that aren't native to Hoenn (e.g., Pika line, Zubat line, etc.). I can, however, see the Gen. IV pre-evos. and evos. being added on, as HGSS included plenty of the Gen. IV evos. If GF decides to add any unrelated Pokemon, I'd like to see more Ice types, particularly the Swinub line (Mamoswine is a fantastic Ice type and would be so useful for Glacia to have), Lapras (also useful), and the Jynx line (Jynx may get a Mega Evo., so having her in the game could make sense).

Not native? Well they are native, they simply weren't introduce in Gen III like Absol and friends.

In addition to the Gen IV evolutions I want some Ice types, Ghost types, Fairy types, Water types (for Aqua and underwater), Ground and Fire types (for Magma and to be added in the desert and Mt. Chimney area), and 1-3 dragon lines to be added.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'd be fine if we got a large amount of new Pokémon in the Hoenn Dex this time around. As long as the Hoenn Pokémon are made more common, they won't particularly be "overshadowed" (unlike XY, where there were hardly any Kalos Pokémon, and they were, for the most part, rare to find). I'm especially hoping for (a fair amount of) the Pokémon that can (currently) only be obtained through Pokémon Bank to be added to ORAS (this includes the gen 2 starters, and the Frillish line, which I really want to see in these games, personally).

Years
    I'd be fine if we got a large amount of new Pokémon in the Hoenn Dex this time around. As long as the Hoenn Pokémon are made more common, they won't particularly be "overshadowed" (unlike XY, where there were hardly any Kalos Pokémon, and they were, for the most part, rare to find). I'm especially hoping for (a fair amount of) the Pokémon that can (currently) only be obtained through Pokémon Bank to be added to ORAS (this includes the gen 2 starters, and the Frillish line, which I really want to see in these games, personally).

Misdevius and Frillish lines are ghost which would also help Phoebe get a more diverse team, so I hope so.

Back