• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The new and improved Hoenn Dex! Now with 20% more awesomeness :33

Years
    I'd also like to see Pokemon Bank-exclusive ones added in. I'm all for the Ghosts being included to help with Phoebe's team so she isn't stuck with two Dusclops (though, she might have a Dusknoir if Gen. IV evos. are included) and two Banettes. Yamask and Cofagrigus are also not available in Kalos, so it's a possibility that they could be added as well.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'd also like to see Pokemon Bank-exclusive ones would also be nice to see added in. I'm all for the Ghosts being included to help with Phoebe's team so she isn't stuck with two Dusclops (though, she might have a Dusknoir if Gen. IV evos. are included) and two Banettes. Yamask and Cofagrigus are also not available in Kalos, so it's a possibility that they could be added as well.

A lot of ghost types...it'll be great though if they were added.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The thing is, whatever they do with the region pokedex it'll be a step down from X/Y. (Which I think had something like 450 pokemon in the Kalos pokedex) Unless they intend to more than double the amount of pokemon catchable in Hoenn?

I'm guessing (after hearing about corocoro) that we'll get a smattering of mainly 4th and 5th gen pokemon. Maybe a couple 6th gen ones too. Of course Eevee and the Eeveelutions will probably be added.

I hope they add all of the non Hoenn pokemon that had to be migrated/bred rather than caught in X/Y. (Meowth, Misdreavus, Darumaka, Yamask etc)

Years
    The thing is, whatever they do with the region pokedex it'll be a step down from X/Y. (Which I think had something like 450 pokemon in the Kalos pokedex) Unless they intend to more than double the amount of pokemon catchable in Hoenn?

I'm guessing (after hearing about corocoro) that we'll get a smattering of mainly 4th and 5th gen pokemon. Maybe a couple 6th gen ones too. Of course Eevee and the Eeveelutions will probably be added.

I hope they add all of the non Hoenn pokemon that had to be migrated/bred rather than caught in X/Y. (Meowth, Misdreavus, Darumaka, Yamask etc)

I hope so too, then all Pokemon will be obtainable in Gen VI (minus a few legends). Well the legends could be added post game to catch like the Creation Trio, and the Beast trio, as well as the Johto Bird Duo, oh and Mew. The other legends can be in 'Z'.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I definitely cannot see any Pokemon being removed from the Hoenn Dex, even those that aren't native to Hoenn (e.g., Pika line, Zubat line, etc.). I can, however, see the Gen. IV pre-evos. and evos. being added on, as HGSS included plenty of the Gen. IV evos.

HG/SS didn't add that many. Mamoswine, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, and Yanmega are the only four that come immediately to mind, and only because they evolved by Moves that the Pokemon learned naturally. Togekiss, wasn't available until Post-game when you got a Shiny Stone, Misdrevous couldn't evolve until post game either. All of the Johto Pokemon that got add ons later weren't available to evolve until the Post-Game. Even Electrivire and Magmortor weren't available until then.

As for the CoroCoro leak, it only says "Different Pokemon in Hoenn than before." That does not mean that they just added. They could have removed some other Pokemon and replaced them, or did an exclusive shuffle. This reference may not even be true until Post-game. Like how Johto had non-native Pokemon roaming its lands in the post-game. It says nothing about pokedex updates, only that there could be more Pokemon that weren't in Hoenn before, which if you trade with Sinnoh, Unova or Kalos, this is a true fact.

Years
    HG/SS didn't add that many. Mamoswine, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, and Yanmega are the only four that come immediately to mind, and only because they evolved by Moves that the Pokemon learned naturally. Togekiss, wasn't available until Post-game when you got a Shiny Stone, Misdrevous couldn't evolve until post game either. All of the Johto Pokemon that got add ons later weren't available to evolve until the Post-Game. Even Electrivire and Magmortor weren't available until then.

As for the CoroCoro leak, it only says "Different Pokemon in Hoenn than before." That does not mean that they just added. They could have removed some other Pokemon and replaced them, or did an exclusive shuffle. This reference may not even be true until Post-game. Like how Johto had non-native Pokemon roaming its lands in the post-game. It says nothing about pokedex updates, only that there could be more Pokemon that weren't in Hoenn before, which if you trade with Sinnoh, Unova or Kalos, this is a true fact.
    I mentioned those two points in the DCC trend. The second is kind of obvious as they added Pokemon to FrLG and HGSS for the Post game and even for third versions such as Emerald. I really hope it's not the first one as I like the Gen I and II Pokemon we got in RSE and would hate to lose any of them.

Years
    I'd surely hope that some additions to the Hoenn Dex are made, because after games with almost 300 and 450 Pokémon to use before post-game, dropping to 200 would be underwhelming. But what i'd want most of all is for the Elite Four to have more variety than they did in the originals. If nothing else i'd hope they would add stone evolutions or such like Roserade and Gallade.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'd surely hope that some additions to the Hoenn Dex are made, because after games with almost 300 and 450 Pokémon to use before post-game, dropping to 200 would be underwhelming. But what i'd want most of all is for the Elite Four to have more variety than they did in the originals. If nothing else i'd hope they would add stone evolutions or such like Roserade and Gallade.

Such is the life of a Remake. Its just taking an old trophy and polishing it.

E4 teams are going to remain the same just as they did in the other Remakes. The only changes that will be made will be in Post game. This much is to be expected.

Years

It's not that bad of a number 202 with the evolutions it'll be like 210 or so.
    I hope they add the stone evolutions too.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The thing with adding to the PokéDex post-game is that there isn't really a whole lot of places for them to be added to. Almost every area can be accessed before the game is over. Unless they expand the Battle Tower (Frontier) to be a full-blown area like in Sinnoh, or they add a whole new mini region like the Sevii Islands, there is no place for gen 4, 5, and 6 Pokémon to be added.

The FRLG post-game had gen 2 and 3 Pokémon in the Sevii Islands. The HGSS "post-game" had gen 3 and 4 Pokémon in Kanto. The only time those Pokémon would appear in Johto would be due to the radio programs--they didn't just change the Pokémon that appeared in Johto once you beat the Champion. So if we're going by those examples, where would the gen 4, 5, and 6 Pokémon go in the Hoenn post-game? The Hoenn post-game was the Battle Tower/Frontier; it didn't have any "new locations" to explore, technically.

Granted, they could easily add an area similar to the Sevii Islands, but then it wouldn't really be considered "Hoenn," but rather a "sub-region" or "mini region," and the scan (supposedly, because I can't make out a great deal of what it says) specifically mentions Hoenn.

It's also unlikely that they removed Pokémon from the Hoenn Dex. Changed exclusives around is a slight maybe, mainly due to Mawile and Sableye being version exclusives, but Mawile getting its Mega in XY. But even then, I wouldn't count on that being what the scan meant.

Years
    The thing with adding to the PokéDex post-game is that there isn't really a whole lot of places for them to be added to. Almost every area can be accessed before the game is over. Unless they expand the Battle Tower (Frontier) to be a full-blown area like in Sinnoh, or they add a whole new mini region like the Sevii Islands, there is no place for gen 4, 5, and 6 Pokémon to be added.

The FRLG post-game had gen 2 and 3 Pokémon in the Sevii Islands. The HGSS "post-game" had gen 3 and 4 Pokémon in Kanto. The only time those Pokémon would appear in Johto would be due to the radio programs--they didn't just change the Pokémon that appeared in Johto once you beat the Champion. So if we're going by those examples, where would the gen 4, 5, and 6 Pokémon go in the Hoenn post-game? The Hoenn post-game was the Battle Tower/Frontier; it didn't have any "new locations" to explore, technically.

Granted, they could easily add an area similar to the Sevii Islands, but then it wouldn't really be considered "Hoenn," but rather a "sub-region" or "mini region," and the scan (supposedly, because I can't make out a great deal of what it says) specifically mentions Hoenn.

It's also unlikely that they removed Pokémon from the Hoenn Dex. Changed exclusives around is a slight maybe, mainly due to Mawile and Sableye being version exclusives, but Mawile getting its Mega in XY. But even then, I wouldn't count on that being what the scan meant.

There's still islands that are covered up by clouds. They could put them there. Maybe the islands behind the clouds will be big. Or maybe post game Hoenn will be swept by hordes of foreign region Pokemon not seen in Hoenn before.
    I do think that it'll be the main story that we'll see them in.

Years
    I don't think one should be confident believing in previous trends set by remakes in the past, like HGSS and FRLG. Every game is its own entity; yes, they do have similarities, but that doesn't mean it can't stray from the norm in any way. However, I do think it's improbable that huge changes will be made to the Hoenn Regional Dex, but obviously there will be some, and that could effect which Pokemon NPCs own, including gym leaders and the elite four.

Years
    I don't think one should be confident believing in previous trends set by remakes in the past, like HGSS and FRLG. Every game is its own entity; yes, they do have similarities, but that doesn't mean it can't stray from the norm in any way. However, I do think it's improbable that huge changes will be made to the Hoenn Regional Dex, but obviously there will be some, and that could effect which Pokemon NPCs own, including gym leaders and the elite four.

I don't think we'll see massive changes to the dex either. Probably some to give it some needed spicing.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    There's still islands that are covered up by clouds. They could put them there. Maybe the islands behind the clouds will be big. Or maybe post game Hoenn will be swept by hordes of foreign region Pokemon not seen in Hoenn before.
    I do think that it'll be the main story that we'll see them in.

The islands that are covered by clouds are still accessible during the story, though, with only the Battle Tower/Frontier being the exception. There are lots of clouds on the map but the ones that aren't in the areas where there was an island before could very well be just artistic decoration. Without getting too deep into discussing the map, it just seems that at this point in time we are seeing Hoenn the way it was back in gen 3, so it seems difficult for the "new Pokémon" to be added to the post-game.

Even if Game Freak has to retcon some things (like Mega Evolutions existing for these games), they usually try to have good explanations for most things. It just seems unlikely that an island that is so far away from every other region can suddenly have hordes of new Pokémon just because you defeated the Champion. It would just make a lot more sense if the Pokémon were there from the beginning. "These are the Pokémon native to Hoenn." It's a little bit of a retcon from the originals, but nothing so incredulous that it needs any explaining.

I agree, just because these titles are remakes doesn't mean they will follow the formulas of the previous ones. The previous remakes had newer Pokémon in their post-game, and because Hoenn lacks new areas for the post-game (at this point in time, knowing what we do about the originals) it tells me that it's more likely these "Pokémon that aren't normally in Hoenn" will be seen during the regular story, and won't be a post-game addition. How many that will be is completely up in the air at this point in time; I just think it's unlikely that they'll be restricted to post-game. I mean, if Game Freak is adding all these new Megas, which will certainly be obtainable during the main story, why not include some newer Pokémon? Megas aren't their own new Pokémon per se, but they're new enough to constitute as them, so since they're being included I see no harm in adding some Pokémon from gen 4, 5, and 6 to the Hoenn Dex, either.

It could be a small amount, and that would be fine. If it happens to be a large amount, all that would need to happen is have them be distributed in a fair way and it would be fine, too.

Years
    Unova had Pokemon added two years later after waves of migration at least that what we fans think irc it was never explained. Hoenn could be similar. Also the region isn't the fathest from the others, it's said to be south of Johto just like Sinnoh is north of Kanto. Kalos and Unova are the farthest.
    Maybe they could have the dex like the original but have an upgrade mid game after a mass migration event mid-game. Perhaps due to Aqua and Magma's activities.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    So I've calculated how many non-Hoenn Pokemon are needed to bring the dex up to 250, which happens to be 115 when combined with the 135 Hoenn Pokémon. If you guys want it, I could increase the number to 260 if it were 125 non-Hoenn Pokémon.

Such is the life of a Remake. Its just taking an old trophy and polishing it.

E4 teams are going to remain the same just as they did in the other Remakes. The only changes that will be made will be in Post game. This much is to be expected.
    You just had to remind us of that one thing that's the bane of my existence as a Pokémon fan. Don't you at least care about changing their teams from the result of a new and improved Hoenn dex that isn't post-game material? If their teams remained unchanged, I may go under an emotional state and claim ORAS as being nothing but inferior to XY for failing to fix the biggest problem the original games had: type diversity.

Years
    Hoenn had type diversity, having one member of all types. It lacked species diversity for each type though :(
    I don't think they'll be inferior to XY in my book if it doesn't fix the issue. 260 would mean 58 new pokémon added to the dex. I hope evolutions will be amongst them if GF ends up going for that number or something close to it.

Years
    You just had to remind us of that one thing that's the bane of my existence as a Pokémon fan. Don't you at least care about changing their teams from the result of a new and improved Hoenn dex that isn't post-game material? If their teams remained unchanged, I may go under an emotional state and claim ORAS as being nothing but inferior to XY for failing to fix the biggest problem the original games had: type diversity.

Ah yes I know about your type diversity problem, as far as the Hoenn Dex goes there are a huge lacking of of Ghost, Ice and now also Fairy-types and with the former two this is easily reflected in Phoebe and Glacia's teams, who repeat a few evolution lines, with Phoebe having two Dusclops and two Banette alongside the Sableye but they did have different movesets. Glacia on the other hand had two Glalie, two Sealeo and also its evo in the form of her ace, Walrein.

Khrysta's logic is based on past examples of remakes, so while it's likely we'll see the majority of the Dex retained they may add in the 4th Gen evos and pre-evos of the Hoenn Dex Pokemon. Sorta like how Johto did a similar thing, although it only included 5 such Pokemon which were the ones that evolved by learning a certain move.

Now, here's what the Gym Leaders' teams looked like in the originals:
    Spoiler:

And the Elite Four/Champion:
    Spoiler:

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
    I hope they add some more Pokemon to the remakes. I'd like to see Pokemon from all Generations available!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    You do realize that Ghost, Ice, and Fairy types are the three rarest types in the games, so it's justified if there is a huge lack of these Pokemon.

Back