• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The new HG SS Battle design

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • i honestly liked the one from diamond and pearl better. but im quite disapointed in this....... i dont see "new" anywhere

Actually, compared to Diamond and Pearl the Health Bar does have its differences. It is higher in depth compared to that in DPPt. However, it is a lot less simpler. Which these aren't bad features, but the look of Platinum's did come out better. However, it isn't something I would nitpick on as much as other features or displays in the game. The reason why is because it isn't as important as other things in the game in my opinion. However, it does have its differences giving it a new look for the game. Also, when compared to the originals, I'd say it is a big change.

I don't think Red and Blue had EXP. Bars, they only put them in for G/S/C. =]

(Playing Pokemon Yellow and No EXP. Bar. >.< )

Anywho, I kinda like the look of these boxes.
    The Notched-Ear Pichu looks cute in its pose. xD

~Ryu

Spoiler:

What you see marked in red is the EXP. Share bar used in either RBG or Pokémon Yellow. This was also found in Pokémon RBYG. So the older versions did have the Exp. Bar and it has been continued ever since. It is just a way so players can know how far or close they are to leveling up.

Ephraim

I am no servant.
    Years
  • Well, hopefully they make the HP bars go down faster. (Gameplay in Platinum JUST got slower, compared to the Generation I, II and III games.)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well, hopefully they make the HP bars go down faster. (Gameplay in Platinum JUST got slower, compared to the Generation I, II and III games.)
    What platinum version have you been playing? DP is the slow version. Platinum was like DP with a jetpack strapped on.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Maybe you're just fighting Pokémon with high HP? I haven't noticed any slowness.

Yes but the little part at the bottom marked in red doesn't fill up or anything. O.o
    He wouldn't have marked it if he didn't know it filled up. It looks decorative, but it actually turns blue when you gain experience.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Yes but the little part at the bottom marked in red doesn't fill up or anything. O.o

Now, I never said anything about the blue fill in effect when gaining experience. I just pointed out that the decorative design I squared off is what later became the Experience Bar. However, it is an added in feature now and makes gameplay a whole lot easier knowing when you are closer to leveling up.

Well, hopefully they make the HP bars go down faster. (Gameplay in Platinum JUST got slower, compared to the Generation I, II and III games.)

Er...HP deduction's speed depends on how much HP the Pokémon has. For example, a Pokémon with 20/20 HP will go down faster than a Pokémon who has HP with about 500/500, such as Blissey, who's HP takes awhile to decrease whether the move be super effective or not.

However, Platinum's battle speed did increase compared to Diamond and Pearl, so I wouldn't expect HGSS to go any slower. Not only in battle, but in surfing as well, DP has a slow speed in surfiing, while Platinum picked up the lag. With this being said, I would expect HGSS to carry on that continuous speed like in Platinum.

Years
  • He wouldn't have marked it if he didn't know it filled up. It looks decorative, but it actually turns blue when you gain experience.

Dude, I've been playing the game for the past 3 hours, it does NOT fill up.

Now, I never said anything about the blue fill in effect when gaining experience. I just pointed out that the decorative design I squared off is what later became the Experience Bar. However, it is an added in feature now and makes gameplay a whole lot easier knowing when you are closer to leveling up.

It sounded like you were saying that it filled up when you said that it was the EXP. Bar, when I posted saying that Red and Blue had no EXP. Bar I meant that they had no bar showing how far into leveling you were, seeing as how the decorative bar doesn't do anything. (Until G/S/C as I said xD) =]

~Ryu

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • It sounded like you were saying that it filled up when you said that it was the EXP. Bar, when I posted saying that Red and Blue had no EXP. Bar I meant that they had no bar showing how far into leveling you were, seeing as how the decorative bar doesn't do anything. (Until G/S/C as I said xD) =]

~Ryu

Fair enough, and I can understand where you are coming from. I guess it was the way I worded what I said that said one thing, but sounded like something else. However, now you know that when I mentioned the decorative bar in RBYG I was simply referring to it as so, because like you've stated, later on it did end up being known as the Exp. Bar in GSC. Now, since then, we've known it as so and the remakes have kept it as so.

Actually when you think about the cycle in battling, the original GSC changed a lot of it. Seeing as after about ten years since the first GS Japanese release, the same things it brought back then is making a comeback in battle now. It is quite interesting when thought about. To tell you the truth, you can quite say GSC is what made Pokémon battling kind of how it may be now as it set some pretty good standards for the future Pokémon games after it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2009
    since they are male and female pichus thats probably why they look different. CAN'T WAIT FOR HG/SS:classic:

Nemaru

nah
    Years
  • There's never an EXP bar in double battles. Plus, you already own Pikachu-Colored Pikachu, otherwise you can't get the Notched-Ear Pichu.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    It looks so plain =| I liked Platinum's the most.

Last edited:
    Back