• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Land RP (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • There is/are 4 spot(s). When spots are open, post them in this thread.

INTRODUCTION
    You are a Trainer in a region called Lementos. You'll face new adventures, new places, new Trainers, new terrain and even better, a new future! Your path of destiny awaits!~

REGION​

The region of Lementos is a very isolated and remote region. The landmass has a variety of elements and Pokemon. Trainers by the minimal age of 11 are permitted by law to own a Pokemon.

History
    The region's history is quite vague and historians are constantly looking for answers to Lementos' origin. But one fact is certain, Lementos has a link to Arceus and Sinnoh. It was said that when Arceus created the universe and Sinnoh, an unnoticeable mass of energy particles was unused by Arceus. Before Arceus went into a deep sleep, the legendary Regigigas unintentionally tugged that huge chunk of energy together with the planet and thus, the region Lementos was formed. No other regions knew about this unique continent and communication between Lementos and the outside world was rare and difficult.

The country endured many hardships during its growth. The new government had to set up a Pokemon League and the best Trainer of every city would be the Gym Leader of that city's symbolizing type. Then came the introduction of highly-advanced Poke Balls, more efficient than those from other regions. With that issue resolved, Lementos finally enjoyed a long period of peace, rest and without doubt, happiness. Humans and Pokemon lived alongside together without conflict.

PLOT​

YOU: You are of eligible age to become a Pokemon Trainer. You'll be given your starter Pokemon by Professor Casuarina. You have to beat all 8 Gyms and earn all 8 badges in order to challenge the Lementos League.

VILLAINS: There seem to be trouble stirring and trying to disrupt the harmony Lementos has. As of now, only few organizations have been noted to be connected to odd happenings around the region. You should keep a lookout on them.

Team Light: They have been actively supporting the use of solar energy and have made it clear that their message is that the Sun is very important. They seem to be on feudal ties with Team Darkness.

Team Darkness: Lately, they have been mysterious. They carry out activities at night and rarely in the day. They are said to be ruthless killers. No one knows what their motives are. They seem to against Team Light in everything.

MAP
    The image of the map is attached(see thumbnail.) It's not a very good one as I used Paint to draw it.
    The numbers by the lines are the routes. The numbers in the boxes are the cities and the red ones in the triangles are landmarks.

CITIES & LANDMARKS
    1. Springdawn Town: A town that is quiet and peaceful. This is your hometown. Professor Casuarina's Lab is here and it's where you receive your starter Pokemon.
    2. Greenlush Town: A slightly bustling town that has open fields and several farms.
    3. Stronewold City: A city surrounded by strong stone walls. These walls were used to defend the city in medieval times.
    4. Flaunora Town: Known as the 'Town of Flowers', a Gardener's Association was set up here. On the last week of Spring, people living here celebrate the Festival of Final Flowers.
    5. Naltresa City: "City of Green", it got its name from the plants and trees found everywhere in the city. A renowned botanist lives here.
    6. Cairbreze Town: A town with a relaxed atmosphere. It has a motel and a daycare.
    7. Atermos City: This city has a cool climate and a Weather Institute.
    8. Maquarine City: Near a lake, this city is home to Water-type Pokemon. Even the Gym Leader is a user of it.
    9. Eltecon City: "City of Technology." The city is full of highly-advanced technologies. Scientists here create countless prototypes of fascinating gadgets that are very high-tech.
    10. Flarmeno City: A relatively-large city with a sunny climate. There are barren moors on the outskirts of the city.
    11. Nethcrone Town: A remote town in a rural area. It is situated near a huge graveyard. It's residents are mostly old folks and priests.
    12. Dreanide City: A city build within a fortress, the surroundings are dark and black. Thick undergrowth surround the city's borders and the walls are heavily guarded.
    13. Blizzerost City: In the northernmost part of Lementos, this city experiences a constant polar climate. Glaciers and snow-cap mountains are around the city and it was build on a sloped side of a large mountain glacier. It has an unused port frozen in ice and icebergs and ice floes are found floating around its waters.
    1. Ore Mines: An ore mine that is operated by Stanley, the gym leader of Stronewold City. One of the tunnels located at the far east side of the mine is blocked by a cave-in. No one knows the actual cause of the cave-in and how long it has been there.
    2. Naltresa Forest: A huge forest that forms a natural maze inside. The canopy blocks out most sunlight and the undergrowth is home to many Pokemon.
    3. Maquarine Lake: The entire lake is home to many Water-type Pokemon. The lake water is clear and the weather here is partly cloudy with short periods of light drizzle.
    4. Necropolis: An enormous graveyard where dead Pokemon are buried. The atmosphere is eerie and silent and the surroundings are still. An ancient folklore states that a being that overlooks the Necropolis sometimes come for a visit.

STARTER POKEMON
    The New Land RP (IC)

Vulpix Master Trainer Empoleon
    The New Land RP (IC)

Growlithe

The New Land RP (IC)

Buizel Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
    The New Land RP (IC)

Psyduck

The New Land RP (IC)

Sunkern
    The New Land RP (IC)

Tangela

RULES
    1. All PC and RP rules apply here.
    2. The RP will go in chapters. I'll post a chapter with the requirements and info and you'll RP in that chapter. You can choose to move along at your own pace but it's advised to keep up with everyone to avoid confusion of who's where.
    3. No godmodding/bunnying/character-controlling etc unless I say so.
    4. You would have to be able to write chapter-length posts, at least 250 words.
    5. No spelling, grammar, punctuation etc errors while writing. I just can't stand posts with too much mistakes. Use a spell-check or type your post on MS Word before transferring to here.
    6. If you're inactive for more than a week, I take that as you want to quit.
    7. You may reserve a spot here. Reservations lasts for 2 days to the maximum.
    8. This RP is Rated PG-12. No gore, violence, swearing, cursing and no inappropriate themes.
    9. To make sure you've read everything, you need to provide the password in your SU. The password is DIAMOND1304 IS AWESOME. The password must be on top of your SU.

SU Sheet

Name: First, middle(optional) and last.

Starter Pokemon: Choose 1 out of the 6 above. Male/Female.

Appearance: Favourite clothing, usual outfit, accessories etc. One paragraph minimum.

Personality: Likes/dislikes? How do you react in certain situations? At least one big paragraph.

History: How was life like before being becoming a Trainer? Any childhood experiences? At least 2 good long paragraphs.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Chapter 1
    Springdawn Town
    (You can title the chapter with any name you want. It's all up to you.)
    Chapter Theme Song

Springdawn Town is where you live and it is also where Professor Casuarina's Lab is. It is a small quiet town with lots of scenery in the countryside. Far south of the town is a short beach with shallow water. The houses in the town are widely spread out and are not very big like those found in the cities. Most of the residents here consists of children the same age as you or younger together with their families and elders. At the north, route 1 travels all the way to Greenlush Town.

Professor Casuarina's Lab is made up of one huge building, surrounded by casuarina trees outside. In the Lab, there are aides and scientists hard at work and doing research. There are computers on desks, flashing images are complex Pokemon anatomy and diagrams. Many paperwork is piled up on several desks and printers and photocopying machines are buzzing and humming away. At the back of the Lab, there are 2 restrooms, a pantry, a few high-tech machines and a stack of labeled boxes. There are several rooms at the corner, where equipment is stored and research files and books archived.

When you arrive at the Laboratory, Professor Casuarina would give you your starter Pokemon, your Pokedex with the official trainer's license stored electronically in it, as well as five Poke Balls free as a gift from her.

On your way out, an aide would come up to you and talk to you about the 8 Gyms in Lementos. If you listen to everything he says, he would then present you a case with the colour of your choice for you to safely keep any of your badges in.

After that, you will set off to route 1.

Posts: Minimum of 1 post. Try to make it long enough though. You're allowed to write several posts, as long as you cover the chapter in the end.

Catchable Pokemon: Only your starter.

Note(s): You will not interact with other players in this area. Everyone visits the professor at different times of the day.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ((OOC: I can't help but seeing that somebody copied my chapter style xD For you, it's ok though ;p

What's normally not ok is double posting... but I'm allowing it sometimes for new chapters or things like that if it really looks neater. Fyi. Now, on with it!))

Chapter 1
    Begin...​

The alarm clock ticked. Tick-tock... Keira's eyes followed the digital numbers for countless minutes until finally... *brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

"MORNING!" the 11 year old girl shouted, jumping off her bed and getting dressed in the same minute.

Only three minutes later, she was turning the doorknob, just about to leave the house for good. Nah, of course she wasn't. Only for a day or two. Or a week. Or months... She didn't know. The only thing she knew was that she wasn't going to stay here for very long. She was itching, all her intestines were jumbling in a dance inside her guts. At least it felt like it. Her green bag was on her back and her favorite, warm, gray sweater was on. She had gulped down her breakfast in mere seconds and was now ready to take on the wo-

"Hold on there, Keira," a voice stopped her. "You're going without saying goodbye?"

Keira sighed and turned. It was her mother, smiling towards her, walking through the great hall. Keira smiled back. "No, of course not," she said. "I'm sorry."

"That's my girl."

"Bye, mom!" Keira said, disappearing out the door one second later.

The mother blinked and then crossed her arms. "Seriously, what's with that girl nowadays?"

"She's eager," another voice came from a corridor behind her. The Butler appeared, his dark skin making him look like the only thing not shining in the clean hall. "Don't you remember how it was?"

Mrs Sodar smiled again and sighed, much alike her daughter had done. "I remember. I knew she would go as soon as she got the chance. That's why I convinced her father to not object when he realized Keira was starting to like pokémon, so many years ago..."

"Let's hope she will manage, then," Butler said reassuringly.

There was a short pause, where only birds song from the open door that Keira had forgot to close could be heard. Butler broke the silence. "You want me to go with her, don't you?"

Mrs Sodar gave him a worried look. "I don't know."

***​

The morning was fresh. Ocean winds came blowing in over Springdawn, even though the ocean itself was pretty long ways away. Keira ran the whole way through the small town to the laboratory. Not many people were up yet, but Keira knew the professor would be. This was her time.

Casuarina trees were lining the huge building where the professor and all her assistants resided, doing their advanced research in a calm place like Springdawn. Keira didn't hesitate outside the entrance. She walked straight in, searching with her incredibly eager eyes for where she was supposed to go.

She found the professor quickly, walking between computers starting up and scientists starting their work for the day in the rather cluttered lab. She spotted the young girl and immediately recognized her. The professor knew what kids she had invited, after all.

"Professor!" Keira shouted, earning looks from several annoyed scientists and almost stumbling on her own feet, dashing forward. "I'm here to get my pokémon!"

"I understand that," the professor said calmly, lifting an eyebrow. "They're always so eager..." Putting down her coffee mug, she lead Keira over to a table where several pokéballs were lined up. Keira didn't have to think. She had decided beforehand, since the professor had told her in the invitation what pokémon were available.

"I want that one," she said, grabbing a pokéball from the table. It glimmered in the lamp light and a tiny creature was visible through the half-transparent top of the ball. "Buizel..." Keira said slowly, growing a smile on her lips.

"A very good choice," the professor said. "You will also need this if you want to try to become a professional Pokémon trainer."

Keira got a pokédex, which was downright incredible. She had never held one of these in her own hands before! To own one herself... it was simply incredible. It was a purple color. Pretty weird, since all the pokédexes she had seen on tv had been red or orange.

"It's a special colored model," professor Casuarina added, seeing Keira's quizzical look. "I'll throw in these as well, by the way," she said, handing 5 additional pokéballs to the little girl, who was almost shaking with anticipation by now.

"I can see you want to be on your way..."

"I DO I DO I REALLY DO!" Keira blurted out. "I can't wait to meet my pokémon!"

She held out the pokéball and was just about to press the button...

"No! Not in here, stupid!" the professor screamed. The she calmed down, when Keira lowered her hand. "Outdoors, please. Pokémon running around in here.... ugh, it wouldn't be pretty."

"I understand!" Keira said happily. "I'll go outside. Thanks, professor!"

Casuarina opened her mouth to add some extra words of wisdom before the rushed girl left... but she was already gone. Instead the professor scratched her head, took a sip from the coffee mug again and waited for the next trainer to come for their starter pokémon.

Just before Keira left the lab, she ran into a lab assistant. Literally. He fell over and dropped all the papers he was carrying. Keira realized she'd been clumsy and helped him pick them up. "Thank you," he said. "You're one of the new trainers, aren't you?"

"Yes I am!" Keira replied happily. "I just got a Buizel!"

"Oh, I remember how it was, starting your journey... I did it too long time ago. Only made it to the second gym before i realized it wasn't the life for me though."

"Gym? You went to gyms?"

"Well, of course! It's what professional trainers do. To battle and catch pokémon, most people can do that to a degree. But to beat gym leaders, whoa. That's another story. You have to really care about what you're doing, and be good at it, to beat them. If you beat all 8 in Lementos, you will get a spot in the League competition!"

Keira was suddenly lost in thought.

"Uh, weren't you going to participate?" the assistant scientist asked her.

"I think... I think I never really thought about there being gyms. I thought trainers only fought and battled. So I need to win at all these gyms?"

"Yes, all 8 of them. Because then you'll get 8 badges, one from each gym. And those are what you need to show to the league in order to enter. Here, let me give you something to help build your team for that undertaking!"

He picked up something from a box he had been carrying as well. It was a case of some sort. It was a bleak purple color... matching her pokédex completely! Was that a coincidence?

"Wow... is this for holding those badges? Thank you! Alright... keep your eyes glued to the TV screen then, mister," Keira said, walking outside. "Because one day soon, you'll see me in the League!"

With that, she left the lab, walking out into the sunlight on the way to her very own adventure.

Years
  • "AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" "HAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!"

Those screams belonged to 11-year-old Jaren A. McDaniel. Jaren happened to be doing his early morning punching exercises. The heavy bag fell to the ground with a thud.

"That felt good, I must say." said Jaren in a well-sophisticated tone

Jaren showered and put on his outfit as he grabbed his bag and closed the door of his bedroom. He was going to miss the place, but was ready to go on his journey. As Jaren came through the kitchen, he saw a note taped onto the fridge.

"Congrats on your journey, sorry we were on call at the daycare, there are a few doze eggs that are about to hatch. We love you and are proud of you."
    -Mom and Dad

Jaren took the note and flipped it over and wrote "Thanks." on the back and taped it back onto the refrigerator.This was the typical way Jaren and his parents communicated due to their jobs as Traveling Breeders. Jaren took one last look around the house and locked the door on his way out.

A little later....
    As he walked up the street, Jaren looked across the small town. The place he grew up was all being left behind because of his journey. As he came across the lab, he saw the many Casuarina trees and knew he was at the right place. As he went in and observed, he saw the various computers and aides chattering away. He then came up to Prof. Casuarina.

"How is your late morning Professor?" asked Jaren

"Fantastic." said Prof. Casuarina

"First of all which Pokemon do you want?" Asked the professor as she presented 5 pokeballs to Jaren

Jaren smirked and grabbed the pokeball in the middle.

"I'll take this one Professor." said Jaren coolly

"Vulpix. A great choice. Here is your Pokedex by the way."

The Pokedex was a black one in color. Which of course was a bit interesting, considering that they are in fact typically red.

"Thanks Professor! I appreciate it."

"Oh and take these 5 empty pokeballs as well." said The Professor

"Thanks."

"Alright, run along now." Said Professor Casuarina as she waited for the next trainer.

On the way out......

As Jaren was heading out, he came across one of the aides.

"What's up?" said Jaren

"Nothing much...well actually something much." said The Aide

"Oh really. What?" asked Jaren

"Have you heard of The Lementos League?"

"I've heard of it once or twice, why?" asked Jaren

"It's a huge tournament that only the top battlers who collect all 8 badges of this region are allowed to participate."

"Sounds awesome, so how do I get these badges?" asked Jaren

"You go from Gym to Gym throughout the region and defeat all 8 leaders."

"Sounds fun. Vulpix and I will dominate."

"Hah, well good luck then." said The Aide as Jaren began to walk away

"Wait, I almost forgot to mention, you'll need a case in order to carry the badges!"

The Aide then gave Jaren a badge case that had a black and white camoflauge design on it.

"Thanks. I'm gonna put it to good use." said Jaren as he walked up the road to Route 1.

Years
  • @RHCP: Sorry, but I liked your style a lot. And I don't really know other chapter styles that much. XD I loved reading your post and almost laughed out loud at the part where Keira was about to release Buizel in the Lab. Your portrayal of Professor Casuarina was lovely and fantastic, I can't wait to see more of your posts!

Keira received Buizel (Male, Lv 5) from Professor Casuarina!
    Keira received a purple Pokedex and 5 PokeBalls!
    Keira received a purple gym badge case!

@Master Trainer Empoleon: Not bad for an opening post, but keep on improving. Your impression of the aide was very well done. Looking forward to see more creative and interesting posts from you, you have potential! :)

Jaren received Vulpix (Male, Lv 5) from Professor Casuarina!
    Jaren received a black Pokedex and 5 PokeBalls!
    Jaren received a black-and-white gym badge case!

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    "Be safe, now!"

"Sure."

Zeke wasn't fond of good-byes. He knew that he'd be back to see his family sooner or later, but it still felt like he should get going as soon as possible or he'd start regretting his decision. His mother let him go, having briefly hugged him, and smiled heartily at him. His father sat by the table with his coffee cup and gave his son a respectful nod.

"Go get 'em," he said with his deep daddy-voice. Zeke nodded shortly, threw his backpack over his shoulder and was out the door in a flash.

He decided to skip saying good-bye to Trish - she would just nag about how he was going on an adventure and she wasn't. Seeing as she was a year younger, she had to wait longer before she could start her own Pokémon journey.

The trip to the professor's laboratory wasn't a long one, but it felt longer than usual today. Zeke didn't feel particularly excited about getting his very own Pokémon, but maybe he was - subconsciously? Maybe he did look forward to train his own Pokémon, to battle with them and raise them to become as strong as they could be. He couldn't tell.

When he did reach the laboratory, he took a second to stare up at it. It did seem bigger now, didn't it? Slightly. This was where he would begin his journey.

Inside he found mostly scientists sitting by their computers, chatting together about incomprehensible things. Deeper into the laboratory he went, until he finally found the professor. She looked up, and smiled when she saw who it was.

"Ah, welcome," she said with a nod. "Come to get your Pokémon, I take it?"

"I guess I'm not the first one?" said Zeke and glanced at the selection of Pokéballs. There were only three left.

"Indeed, you aren't," said the professor and stepped over to them. "Well, you know the drill. Take your pick."

It didn't take much thinking. Zeke had already gone over his choices several times in his head. He just hoped no-one had taken it already...

Yes! With a satisfied grin he released Growlithe from the Pokéball he had picked.

"Hey! Don't release it in here!" said the professor, but Zeke didn't really listen. He knelt down and held out his hand to the Pokémon, who approached him slowly and with a lot of hesitation.

"It's great," Zeke said with a genuine smile - a rare occasion. Perhaps that was what made the professor a little more lenient.

"Yes, getting your first Pokémon usually is," she said with a small sigh. "Alright, here's your Pokédex."

"My what?"

Zeke blinked as he stood up, recalling Growlithe into its Pokéball. The professor held out a strange, crimson-colored device. She handed it to Zeke, who took it and examined it curiously.

"It's for collecting Pokémon data. Very, very useful for a travelling Pokémon trainer. And here's your Pokéballs..."

She gave him five Pokéballs.

"... and your badge case."

Along with a red case that he received from one of the professor's aides.

"Gym badges, I take it?" said Zeke. The professor nodded again, this time with a bigger smile.

"I assume you're going to take the challenge, then?" she asked. "Beating all the eight Gym Leaders?"

"Of course," said Zeke with a frown. "Isn't that the whole point of getting a Pokémon?"

"Oh, it's not all there is to it," said the professor. "It's merely one of many, many options. The world of Pokémon is a big one indeed."

She let out a sigh before clapping her hands together.

"Well, enough chatter! You've got your Pokémon, your Pokédex and your Pokéballs - it's time to get going!"

"Oh, right!" said Zeke. "Err - thanks, professor!"

He waved at her as he hurried out. It wasn't long before both the professor and her lab were way behind him, as he took the first steps of his brand new journey.

Last edited:
    Years
  • @Abyss Master: Not bad for an opening post. I can't expect how Zeke's character would be developed. You have plans? Btw, an aide would give you a gym badge case. Professor Casuarina doesn't. So just change the post to fit the criteria and you're good to go.
    Zeke received Growlithe (Male, Lv 5) from Professor Casuarina!
    Zeke received a crimson Pokedex and 5 PokeBalls!
    Zeke received a red gym badge case!

Years
  • Chapter 1

BEEP...BEEEP...BEEEEEEP... sounded for a minute before Mrs Lingul came upstairs to turn Morth's alarm off which was a usual routine in the Lingul household as Morth was like any other 11 year old, who just didn't want to get out of bed.

"Morth, it's time to getup" his mother shouted while shaking Morth.

"awww Mum, please can I have a little longer in bed"

"No you can't now get up and come downstairs and have your breakfast, as you are not leaving this house until you eat. Then you are free to go see the Professor."

Once the word Professor was mentioned, Morth eagerly jumped out of bed and hurried his mum out of the door so he could get dressed for the busy day ahead of him. He first went into the Bathroom to get cleaned up before he got dressed and set off downstairs for some breakfast.

"Good Morning Mum"

"Morning son, your breakfast is on the table. So are you looking forward to seeing the Professor this afternoon?"

"Thank's for breakfast. Yeah I am, I struggled to sleep last night due to the excitement"

As Morth's mother giggles to herself she reminisces over the last time Morth got excited and couldn't sleep the night before, he couldn't get up the morning after and missed the activity he was supposed to be doing.

"I've finished my breakfast now, now can I go mum?" said Morth.

"Yes that's fine, I'll clean up. Come give me a kiss and a cuddle and say hi to the Professor for me".

Morth gets up and gives his mum a kiss and cuddle and agrees to say hi to the professor for her before leaving the house to head towards the Laboratory. Morth slowly started to stroll towards the Laboratory while taking in the early afternoon sunshine. Morth had never stepped inside the Professors lab before so when he found himself in front of the building he began trembling with nerves and couldn't bring himself to go inside but then from behind one of the tall casuarina trees a voice spoke.

"Hello young man, are you here to see the professer?"

"He..he..hello" Morth said in a trembling voice.

"There is no need to be shy my dear, the professor isn't as bad as he looks honestly. I'm one of his assistants and my name is Helen. If you want I can take you to Professor Casuarina?"

Morth replied in a low tone "Yes please, that would be nice".

"That's not a problem, so what is your name?" said Helen.

"My name is Morth"

"Well it is nice to meet you, oh here we are. That is the Professor over there".

Morth said thank you and slowly made his way to the Professor.

"Hello, and you must be Morth" said the professor.

"How do you know my name?" said Morth in a confused voice.

"You are the last person I am expecting to see you see, everyone else has already been and gone. I barely had time to sort out all of my paperwork that is currently lying around, so I apologise for the mess".

"That's not a problem. I'm so excited to be given this opportunity Professor Casuarina".

"That is good to hear. Now before I can entrust you with a Pokemon I need you to listen carefully. You have to treat this Pokemon with the utmost care and not neglect it. As I had a lot of applicants to take the position you have been given, and with me selecting 5 lucky people and you being one of them. I don't want to have to think I made a wrong choice".

Morth very eagerly "I promise Professor that I will look after it".

"Very well then" She bends down to pick up something from the side of the table. "Now in here is a few Pokemon for you to chose from, now I want you to chose carefully as you can't come back later on and change it"

Morth looked at the different Pokemon and didn't take too long to decide which one he wanted.

"Please can I have that one" pointing towards the Psyduck"

"No problem, that is a very good choice. I also want you to take these 5 pokeballs and this Pokedex to get you started"

"Thanks Professor. Seeya"

Morth then turned round and rushed towards the main entrance to try out his new Pokemon but before he could leave he was asked to hold on a moment.

"You are one of the ones Professor Casuarina has asked to help with the Pokemon data are you not? She is one great Professor"

"Yeas miss, I am and I can't wait to get started"

"Well before you begin, would you care to listen about the different Gyms you will have to face?"

"Gyms? What Gyms? Nobody said anything about Gyms"

"Well let me explain for you, to keep the story short, as you make your way around each different routes and visit different towns your pokemon will grow stronger and as they do you will eventually have to beat the Gym leaders in 8 different towns if you want to be the best"

"So does this mean I am not just collecting data for the Professor?"

"Yes that is correct, while collecting data and trying to fins as many different pokemon as possible is the main task, you also have to try and grow your pokemon so you can be strong enough to beat the Gym leaders. Here take this case, it's what you keep all your badges in"

Morth received the Green case.

"Thank you. Was you a pokemon trainer too?"

"A long time before you was born yes, I was like you when I was younger, wanted to collect pokemon and try and beat the gym leaders but I had to quit prematurely as the Professor offered me a position in his lab which I couldn't turn down"

"Thank you for the help miss. I will surely use this to help me on my way"

So as Morth finished listening to the woman he left and made his way to route one to begin his life as a pokemon trainer.

ghasteon

EXPLOSIVE AWESOME
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2011
    Koray looked upon the grey building that was the Pokémon lab. He had no clue what he looked like on the outside but on the inside he was nervous. He was leaving his friends, his family, his town, and his dependence behind. He wondered what Pokémon he would obtain. Maybe a spiky Gengar, or a Gigantic Tyranitar. No he thought that was too much to ask for his first Pokémon.
    He walked into the lab for his afternoon appointment. All of the scientists ignored him, seeming to be used to it by now. He walked towards a machine on the far side of the room that held two pokeballs. A female scientist went to greet him, Professor Casuarina.
    "Ah, a new trainer," She said looking him over curiously.
    "Yeah," he said. "What do you have for me? An Absol or a Heracross? Or maybe-
    Professor Casuarina start to chuckle at his Naïve nature. "No, no, no. I'm afraid I only have a Tangela and a Sunkern left."
    Koray considered the choice. Tangela sounded weird to him, like a tangled mess of hair, much better than Sunkern. He reached forwards and grabbed the pokeball.
    The Professor smiled and dug in her pocket for something. She pulled out a pokedex, black in color, and handed it to Koray. "Your parents asked for this color," she said, "this will tell you information on every Pokémon known to man. Try it out when you go outside. Also take these she said handing him 5 shrunken pokeballs."
    "Thanks," said Koray, stashing the pokeballs in his pockets having forgotten to buy a backpack. In the other pocket was his Sunkern.
    "We'll now it's time; ahead of you is the journey that is Pokémon. Be it one of friendship or one of victory, it begins now. Goodbye and take care."
    "Goodbye professor," said Koray. As he walked out of the lab an aide stopped him.
    "Are you think about taking the league challenge?" asked the aide
    "YES" yelled Koray. He had been waiting for two years to take the league challenge. "I've researched it a bunch," spat Koray, "There are 8 gyms each with their own badges. You need all 8 to participate in the league challenge."
    "Very good," said the aide. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a few cases in many different colors. "You'll need one of these to hold your badges, don't want to go losing them."
    "Thanks," said Koray, choosing a black one to match his Pokedex. He then ran out of the lab to see his new Pokémon. He threw out the pokeball and out came Sunkern, a yellow seed like Pokémon.
    "SUNKERN," it yelled excited to meet the stun Koray.
    "Ugh" moaned Koray. Had he chosen the wrong Pokémon? Would it be too late to take it back and exchange it? He sure had never seen one used before. Maybe it would grow stronger. He pulled out his Pokedex and scanned Sunkern. It lives by drinking only dewdrops from under the leaves of plants. It is said that it eats nothing else. "Well at lease I don't have to feed you" sighed Koray. He returned Sunkern to it pokeball and started to route 1.

Years
  • @mark_htfc: Nicely suitable length of post! Descriptive and clear to the point. Btw do you want a specific colour for your Pokedex?
    Morth received Psyduck(Male, Lv 5) from Professor Casuarina!
    Morth received a Pokedex and 5 PokeBalls!
    Morth received a green gym badge case!

@ghasteon: Very satisfactory post as well as the in-depth thoughts of your character. Next time, give paragraph spacing to make your posts more reader-friendly and neat. That's all I want to point out, keep up!
    Koray received Sunkern (Female, Lv 5) from Professor Casuarina.
    Koray received a black Pokedex and 5 PokeBalls!
    Koray received a black gym badge case!

(OOC: The next chapter for Route 1 will be up within the next few days. Let's wait a bit for the last person to post.)

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • (OCC: 748 words :P)

Eric yawned as he tumbled off his bed hitting the floor with a solid thump. His alarm clock blared just minutes ago reminding him that today was the day to go grab his first Pokémon. He looked out the window towards the ocean, trying to remember where Professor's Lab was located. Eric got up off the floor getting dressed in his favorite navyblue t-shirt, pulling the thick jacket over his shoulders he stepped quicklydown the stairs trying not to trip and fall down the stairs.

"Eric honey" his mom yelled as he reached the bottom of the stairs. Putting the breakfast down on the table she said "You going to stay to eat?

"Of course mom, I love your cooking" Eric said with a grin on his faced and slid into one of the six chairs set at the table. He quickly munched down on the scrambled eggs and ham, worrying he was going to be late.

Seeing the worried expression, his mom let him go. "Have a good time honey!" she said as he hopped out of the chair.

Eric rushed down the stairs outside the front door looking around for the Professor's Lab. He rushed down to the beach and pulled out the note the Professor gave him.

"In case you get lost, look for the Casuarina trees."

"So, what do these look like really?" He asked himself as he walked along the beach hoping to see the lab. He suddenly tripped over a steep stone staircase. "Ow" he moaned. Must behere, he thought. He got up and brushed himself up; walking slowly up the stairs to the lab with a small limp.

He entered the building, trying to push himself through a mess of people in white lab coats runningaround with papers flying. Eric finally pushed himself through to a more open area, he looked around and found a few computers, a table, some big book shelves and a trash can. Surprised at this more open and clean area, he walked around running his fingers across the wall, heading towards the table to see what was waiting for him.

"So, you want your first Pokémon?"The Professor said with a smile on her face. "Yes mam." Eric gulped. Shereached out and messed up his hair a little. "Well I'm afraid I only got onemore Pokémon left.

Eric ran to the table hoping to find a legendary maybe, or perhaps just a rare one. "A ball of yarn?" Eric said baffled at the last Pokéball. "Like I said you were a bit late, but..." she bent down on one knee so she can get eye level with me. "It's not a ball of yarn" she giggled. "It's called Tangela"

Eric reached out and grabbed the Pokéball and held it up to what seemed like the heavens, smiling.The Professor quickly catches his arm and his smile faded. "Not it here, please"Disregarding the warning, Eric threw the Pokéball to release the newly obtained Pokémon, but it went back in its Pokéball. Confused, he decided to not try it again. "Here" the Professor said as she gave him a midnight blue Pokédex.

"Tangela can be a bit shy, don't worry he'll come out sometime." Eric started walking towards the exit of the lab. "Hey, let me tell you something" Eric stopped and turned around. "Tangela can be a bit rare around here." With that he was off, happy with his new Pokémon.

As he was pushing through the mess of people he ran into an aid. "You're one of the new trainers, aren'tyou? Well are you going to enter the Pokémon league?"

"Well, I heard about it, and it sounds interesting. So you can count me in." The aid, happy with the answer gave Eric a clear-coloured badge case. "What's this?" Eric asked. "A badge case. Every time you beat a gym, you get a badge. Once you get eight badges, you can enter the League."

"Sounds easy enough. Thoughto complete the Pokédex, don't I need some Pokéballs?" "Oh yes" the aid saidand pulled out five shiny new Pokéballs from his desk. "When you run out ofthem, you can buy them at Pokémarts. They have a blue roof, don't they?" Tryingto remember, he hardly remembered last time he left the lab.

Eric thanked the kind aid,and ran out of the lab towards his new dream. Starting with Route 1.

Last edited:
    Years
  • @countryemo: Wow, good length! I'm pretty sure it's not human error, probably technically, but some of your words seem to be joint together which makes reading slightly unfriendly. Not much to say, it's great so keep it up!
    Eric received a Tangela (Female, Lv 5) from Professor Casurina!
    Eric received a midnight-blue Pokedex and 5 PokeBalls!
    Eric received a clear-coloured gym badge case!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Chapter 2
    Route 1
    Chapter Theme Song
    Route 1 is a short route that is lined with trees and hedges. On the left, you can see farms and fields spread out over the vast countryside. Along the road, there are a few short ledges and a long gentle slope. Grass patches spring up all over the route and in there, other rookie Trainers who like you, have also begun on their adventure, are searching for Pokemon to be caught to their growing team. It is a popular area for starting Trainers and do not be caught by surprise when one of them challenges you for a battle.

In this chapter you may do 2 out of 3 events:

1) Meet a rookie Trainer who is not succeeding when using his/her newly gotten Pokemon in a battle against a wild Pokemon. If you battle the wild Pokemon for the Trainer, he/she will reward you with an Oran Berry and your Pokemon will gain Exp Points. You may decide for yourself what Pokemon the Trainer has as well as what Pokemon he/she is facing from the list of catchable Pokemon in this area. You may also catch it.

2) Meet a farmer who is being harassed by a wild Pokemon. If you battle and chase away the wild Pokemon, he will give you an Oran Berry and your Pokemon will gain Exp Points. You may choose for yourself what wild Pokemon is harassing the farmer from the list of catchable Pokemon in this area. You may also catch it.

3) Meet your rival; someone whom you know (might be a childhood friend, neighbour, schoolmate etc) that also received their starter Pokemon but before you. You may choose your rival's starter Pokemon species to be any one of Professor Casurina's (Vulpix, Growlithe, Psyduck, Buizel, Sunkern, Tangela) except for the species you chose as your starter.

Posts: A minimum of 2 posts. One post for each event. You may also make up other opponents to battle with and gain Exp for your Pokemon.

Catchable Pokemon:
    Sentret
    The New Land RP (IC)
    (Scratch, Foresight, Defense Curl)
    Zigzagoon
    The New Land RP (IC)
    (Tackle, Growl)
    Rattata
    The New Land RP (IC)
    (Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack)
    Aipom
    The New Land RP (IC)
    (Scratch, Tail Whip, Sand Attack)

Levels 2-4. End your capturing post with the PokeBall shaking. I will determine if the capture was successful or not, as well as the gender and level of the Pokemon, depending on the quality and creativity of the post.

Note(s): You will not interact with other players here. You may choose to stay in this chapter when the next one is up

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Keira Sodar...
    Chapter 2
    ... Monkeybusiness​

Keira was walking down the slope on Route 1. Trees were swaying in the gentle breeze, flowers in the large patches of high grass were sparkling in the calm sunlight of the noon and Keira met at least two other people walking the road, greeting the little girl with a "good day". But she only replied absentmindedly. She completely missed the scenery. All she could think of was the shining ball in her stretched out hands. She was holding it tightly, trying to spot something through the half-transparent upper part of the ball. But nothing moved inside.

Finally she couldn't take it any more. She had to meet her pokémon. Eyes almost glistening of excitement, she held her arm out with the pokéball in it, took a breath and...

"Aaargh, you little creep! Not again!"

Keira blinked and looked at the ball. That wasn't her voice. And it wasn't the ball who had spoken. So who was it? She looked around, taking in the scenery for the first time and spotted a garden with fruit trees to the right of the road. The closest tree was a big one with lots of red apples. A man came running towards it, holding a big hay fork in his hands. He looked really flustered.

Keira shifter her gaze to the top of the tree and spotted... a pokémon! It was a purple monkey that she recognized from playing with pokémon toys and creating imaginative teams so many times. Aipom! It held three big red apples in its arms and swung from branch to branch in the tree with its tail, giggling as it did so. It looked so cute!

"Get out of my garden, you silly bastard!" the farmer shouted, trying to reach the monkey with the hay fork without success. Keira giggled a little but earned a grim stare from the farmer man.

"And what do you think you're doing, you little rascal?" he said. "Think it's fun when old men have to chase mean thieves?"

Keira blushed. She did think it was fun... but she wasn't going to be rude, even if he was. She had been raised in a fine, wealthy family after all and was taught to at least seem polite at all times. At least when she wasn't overly excited, like this morning.

"Certainly not, mister," she said and bowed slightly. "I'm sorry."

"Now... aren't you a pokémon trainer?" the farmer suddenly asked.

"Uh... well, I'm going to be!"

"Good enough. Please chase away this pestering rat from my garden, will you? I'll give you something useful if you help this old man out here."

"Uh..." Keira looked up at the monkey, who was eating the apples in the top of the tree as fast as it could. "Alright, let's do it!" she decided.

She once again pulled out her pokéball and now she finally said the words: "Buizel, I choose you!"

A light beam erupted from the ball, which opened up. A creature materialized on the ground before Keira, its light reflecting in her large open eyes. It was almost as tall as her legs were long, had brown fur and fins on its arms, and its tail was split in two. It opened its black eyes and looked straight at Keira.

"Buizel!" it said, greetingly.

"Wow!" Keira exclaimed. "You're here! You're real! You're... my pokémon!"

"Bui?" the creature said, eyeing her slightly.

"I'm Keira, your trainer!"

"Bui," the Buizel said and shrugged its shoulders, putting on a calm smile as if it accepted her. A wave of relief washed over the little girl.

"You haven't even met your pokémon yet?" the farmer said in disbelief.

"Hey, that doesn't mean we can't do this! Right, Buizel?"

The pokémon smiled a little wider. It seemed to approve of Keira's fiery style. It nodded and growled, looking for its opponent.

"Up there," Keira said and pointed towards the Aipom in the tree. It had just finished its lunch, it seemed.

Buizel nodded again. It was ready.

"Alright," Keira said, opening her pokédex. Buizel had a pretty impressive array of attacks already. She recognized them all. She could probably use them! Even though she hadn't really seen them in action before her own eyes before...

"Buizel, use Sonicboom!"

Buizel took a death breath and barked one time, with a weird voice that Keira almost couldn't hear. She supposed it was due to the supersonic blast he sent out. The waves spread and hit the Aipom in the tree. It screeched and fell backwards, tumbling down a few branches. But it was still in the tree.

"Now, use Quick Attack... on the tree!"

Buizel gave her a questioning look. "Come on," she said then, "Don't you have a thick skull? I thought all pokémon had!"

But the Aipom was a bit angered and jumped down from the tree on its own accord. It suddenly whipped up sand from the ground and threw it against the water pokémon with its strong tail. Buizel got hit and stumbled backwards, sand in his eyes.

"No... gotta think, gotta think..." Keira was the straightforward type, but she should be able to... she looked at the list of Buizel's attacks. The Aipom was getting ready to come in for a tackle, or so it looked. "Right!" Keira shouted. "Use Water Sport!"

Buizel didn't aim, he just blew out spouts of water around himself, drenching the ground in water. He managed to get a lot over himself as well, actually flushing away the sand from his eyes. He happily rubbed them and did thumbs up to Keira. She was happy to see that some strategy from her side had worked. Maybe she was good at this!

The Aipom still lounged forward, aiming with its tail. It was going to slap Buizel! But Buizel was fired up now, and managed to dodge the attack before shooting at it with a Quick Attack on its own accord. The Aipom was sent hitting the ground, rolling a few meters before stopping and shrugging the mud off itself. It was panting. Buizel was too, but not at all as much.

"Great!" Keira commended. "Now, finish it with another Sonicboom!"

The Aipom came in for another Sand Attack, and threw up some mud instead, but Buizel closed his eyes and took the hit head on without much damage. It hadn't really been a full Mud Slap after all. Then he barked almost unhearably again and a wave of whiteness now hit Aipom straight on. It shrieked shortly and then fell down, swiftly knocked out.

Keira breathed heavily. She hadn't even been moving from the spot, but it had been so exciting... and their opponent was down. it was... awesome!

Applause was heard, and turning around they saw the farmer being very pleased. They were given a big Oran berry by him and when they turned back to the apple tree... the Aipom was gone. Hopefully it had run back to where it came from and wouldn't pester the farmer again. But you could never know.

((OOC: Buizel level get, go go! :3 ))

Years
  • Chapter 2: A fiery fox and a little pest!!

As Jaren looked back at Springdawn Town for the last time, he looked forward and continued up Route 1. He had been walking for quite a while and started getting his thoughts together as well. As he thought of it, he hadn't met his own pokemon yet. He figured that now would be as good as a time as ever.

"Okay Vulpix, come on out!" he exclaimed as he tossed the ball in the air.

The pokeball shot out a white ray of light as a pokemon materialized in front of him. It was appeared to be a fox-like pokemon with red-brown fur, with four chocolate brown paws. Best of all, it had six orange tails, curly orange bangs and a cream underbelly.

"Vul?" is said as it looked around at it's surrounding and looked at Jaren with its large, pupil-less brown eyes

"Hey Vulpix, I'm your new trainer!" said Jaren with a small grin as he flipped out his pokedex

"Vulpix, the Fox Pokemon, Inside Vulpix's body burns a flame that never goes out. During the daytime, when the temperatures rise, this Pokémon releases flames from its mouth to prevent its body from growing too hot.

Pretty cool. So, I know when you get too hot then! Let's see what attacks you know!

"Vulpix knows Ember and Tail Whip.

"Ember...as in that weak fire attack?" asked Jaren

"Vuuuulllllllll!!!!" Exclaimed Vulpix as a stream of fire bolts shot from its mouth into Jaren's face. Jaren fell with a thud.

"Okayy...I take that back." he said groggily as a puff of black smoke is released from his mouth.

Just then as he sits up, Vulpix looks around and suddenly runs off. Jaren, shocked jumps up and follows Vulpix. The fire fox runs off through the grass and over a fence. Jaren hopped the fence and started taking off across the field as he followed Vulpix. As Jaren is running, he notices the farm buildings and sees Vulpix runs toward an orchard. Vulpix came to a bit of a halt as it saw a farmer.

"What is with all of the pests today?! First an Aipom, now you! Go away!" he yelled as he swiped at the tree with a pitchfork Jaren finally caught up to Vulpix and kneeled eye-level to his pokemon.

"So, this is what you sensed Vulpix?" asked Jaren

"Vul."

Jaren then stood up and walked over to the farmer.

"Excuse me, do you need any help?"

"I guess...you are a pokemon trainer right?" said the farmer

"Yes sir." said Jaren

"There's a pest in my trees, eating my berries and I can't get to it with my pitchfork." said the farmer, who was fairly stressed

"Me and my pokemon will nab the pest for you sir." said Jaren

"Alright, let's see what you can do then." said the Farmer

Jaren then looked at the trees and tried to find the pest. He instructed Vulpix to look over at one side as he did the other. Suddenly, he heard a few branches rustle, Jaren looked around again but did not see anything. Just then, a few more branches rustled and he then heard a chewing noise. As he looked up, he saw a brown raccoon-like pokemon with pink juice on its mouth.

"There's the pest, it's been eating my Pecha Berries!" yelled the farmer

"A Zigzagoon!" said Jaren as he pulled out his Pokedex

"Zigzagoon, The TinyRaccoon pokemon, Zigzagoon restlessly wanders everywhere at all times. This Pokémon does so because it is very curious. It becomes interested in anything that it happens to see.

"Vulpix! Over here!" called Jaren as Vulpix came running to his side

"Vul."

Zigzagoon jumped down from the tree and glared at Vulpix. Suddenly, it just started batking cutely. Jaren and Vulpix let their guard down as they saw that Zigzagoon didn't mean any harm.

"Eh, I guess Zigzagoon was just hungry." said Jaren

The Farmer facepalmed and said, "No! That's Zigzagoon's Growl, it lowers the enemy's attack!"

Just then Zigzagoon charged into Vulpix and sent it flying into Jaren's stomach as he fell down.

"That was Tackle!" said Jaren

"Alright Vulpix, no more playing around, use Ember!"

Vulpix fired bolts of fire at Zigzagoon as it fell it over. Zigzagoon then started growling but in a cute way.

"We're not falling for that again! Vulpix, get closer to Zigzagoon and blast it with Ember!"

Vulpix charged forward and hit Zigzagoon with a powerful ember. The raccoon pokemon crashed into the tree bark and had a large bump on its head.

"Okay Mr.Farmer, I know how to keep this Zigzagoon from bothering you anymore!"

"How?" asked the farmer

Jaren reached into his bag and pulled out a pokeball.

"Ahh I see now!" said the farmer

"Pokeball go!" yelled Jaren as he tossed th epokeball. The ball hit zigzagoon in the back and opened and a red lasers sucked the pokemon in.

"Bing!" The pokeball stopped moving

Jaren ran over and picked the pokeball up.

"All right, I got a Zigzagoon!" said Jaren

"Vulpix!"

"Thank you trainer." said The Farmer as he gave Jaren a large Oran Berry

"You're welcome and my name is Jaren, I came from Springdawn Town. There may be others that will pass through here from there as well. I also overheard you saying something about an Aipom. What was that about?"

"A few hours ago, an Aipom was in my apple tree and a girl with a Buizel came through here and defeated it. I wonder if she came from Springdaw too?"

"She probably did, if I see a girl with a Buizel up ahead, I will find out! Now, I must get going!"

"All right, take care!" said the farmer

Jaren put his hands behind his head as he began walking up route 1 some more, he had his 2nd pokemon and was ready to get to some training soon.

OOC: Woo Vulpix got exp!!

Last edited:
    Years
  • @RHCP: Wooh, nice post! Gotta like that Water Sport cleaning method. And I wonder where Keira got that thought about thick-skulled Pokemon. xD

- Buizel grew to Level 6 and learned Water Gun!
    - Keira
    received one Oran Berry from the farmer!

@Master Trainer Empoleon: Umm, actually I decide whether you catch Zigzagoon or not, but since you already wrote then I'll give it to you but I won't be lenient later on. Also, you could make the battle more interesting by describing how the moves look like instead of just saying them the next time.

- Vulpix grew to Level 6!
    - Jaren
    received one Oran Berry from the farmer!
    - Jaren caught a Zigzagoon (Male, Lv 2)!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Keira Sodar...
    Chapter 2
    ... Water Gun​

The day was turning into afternoon and Keira was starting to wonder if she was going to reach Greenlush Town today. Her parents had a friend there with whom she could stay... they actually had acquaintances in every city ahead so Keira wouldn't ever really have a hard time finding some place to stay when necessary. Buizel was in his pokéball, contentedly resting after the previous battle. Keira was still excited. It had went so well!

Walking down the road, she suddenly heard a scream. She barely had time to turn her head in the direction of the noise, before something ran past her quickly. Blinking, Keira saw that is was a little girl and a Sentret, who were running from something. Looking back, she realized what the something was. A Rattata! The little rat came to a halt when it spotted Keira, and growled as mean as any little rat can do. Then it took a leap forward, fangs ready.

"Eek!" Keira screamed and instinctively kicked in its general direction. The kick missed, because Rattata was quicker. It dodged but stayed back instead of biting her.

"Help!" the other girl screamed. She had stopped on the other side of the road and hid in a bush. The Sentret was shaking beside her. "Chase it away! We thought we could fight it but... it bites too hard, look!"

The girl held up Sentret and showed an injury on the Sentret's tail.

"Well of course it bit you!" Keira said. "Why did you go into a battle if you didn't want to get hurt?"

"We... didn't really think..."

Keira wasn't the one to sigh and think badly of people... so she didn't. She noticed the Rattata getting ready down in the grass again, and saw another opportunity to train Buizel.

"Are you ready again, pal?" she asked, holding up the pokéball. As an answer, the ball popped open and Buizel materialized before her.

Rattata wasn't the least intimidated when the water weasel growled at it. Instead it came in for what looked like a tackle. But in the last second, it flipped somehow and made a Tail Whip instead. Buizel got a little taken by surprise, which had probably been Rattata's intention.

"Don't get taken aback!" Keira shouted. "Use Water Gun!"

Buizel breathed in and blew out a rather weak beam of water that flushed the Rattata away. Hm, they had to train that attack more. The Rattata got up quickly, it was a feisty one! Maybe its level was close to Buizel's?

It tackled Buizel before he or Keira had time to react again. Buizel rolled backwards but got up to his feet, panting. He had been struck right in his belly. A Quick Attack, no question about it.

"Come on, Buizel! You've got to learn to cope with these things!"

Buizel nodded. He knew he couldn't let a well placed Quick Attack affect him so much in the future. He was going to endure. He straightened himself up and prepared to use Sonicboom. But Keira stopped him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"No, let's practice the Water Gun! Use it!"

Buizel grunted, but so far Keira had been wise when it came to strategy. He better listen to her. So he blew another Water Gun towards Rattata, but missed. Rattata was weak, but came in for another Tackle. Buizel's instincts told him to use Sonicboom now... but Keira insisted. Another Water Gun was shot, Buizel even closed his eyes which maybe wasn't so good when he needed to aim... but he hit.

Rattata got struck hard and fell down, completely knocked out.

"Whoooho! That's the way to go, Buizel!"

Buizel panted and calmed himself down. He had made it. Cool.

The little girl with the Sentret was in complete awe. "You handled the battle so well! I can't believe it!"

"Well, talent, you know," Keira boasted, but got an annoyed look from Buizel. "Aaaand a very good pokémon," she added, and the look became softer.

The girl handed Keira an Oran Berry to heal Buizel with, and Buizel happily ate it. Then they parted ways, after the girl promised Keira to stand up better in the future and endure the battle. The sun of the afternoon went down over the treetops and Keira sent Buizel back into the pokéball and continued on towards Greenlush Town.

Years
  • Chapter 2: In the Heat of the Vulpix!

As Jaren continued walking up Route 1, he noticed a small clearing, he rushed over to it and sat down on a large rock. He had been walking for ages and decided to take a break.

"Zigzagoon, Vulpix, come on out!" yelled Jaren as he tossed the two pokeballs in the air.

"Zigzagoon!"

"Vul."

Jaren then reached into his bag ad pulled out the Oran Berry he received earlier from the farmer and much to the delight of his pokemon.

"Huh...oh, you two want the Oran Berry. Don't worry, you're both are going to get some of it." and after saying that, Jaren reached into his bag and revealed a pocket knife, Jaren sliced the Oran Berry into three pieces. He picked up Zigzagoon and fed him by hand. Jaren was going to do the same for Vulpix but it had gobbled down the chunk of Oran Berry before Jaren had a chance to pick it up. Jaren then ate his piece of the berry. The firmness was really hard, but juicy. It had a whole mix of flavors, it was like eating a bunch of different fruit at once. Jaren's pokemon curled up next to him and he was now laying down in the clearing looking up at the clouds in the sky as the mid-afternoon raged on. However this peace and quiet would not last too much longer, as Jaren suddenly heard a familiar voice.

"Alright, I caught another one! All in a day's work of course!"

Jaren shot up, but he didn't make too much noise, he had to make sure that the voice belonged from the person he thought it did.

"Heh, I'm going to conquer all of the gyms in this region they should just hand the Lementos League championship over to me right now."

Jaren looked on and his suspicions were right. The voice belonged to a boy with long brown hair tied into a ponytail. He was tall like Jaren, and wore a tight black t-shirt that fit his kinda-lean torso and blue skinny jeans and black skateboard shoes as well. Notably, he wore a thin silver chain with a silver Arbok piece on it. Jaren had enough of this guy's attitude and he recalled his pokemon in their pokeballs as he then stood up and marched through the grass.

"You're still as loud-mouthed and annoying as ever." said Jaren

"And you're still pathetic." said the boy

"Wakeland, just because you started a litle bit before me, does NOT make you better!" said Jaren who was getting mad

"Well Jaren, we'll have to settle this with a battle! We'll use 4 pokemon each!"

"I...only have two." said Jaren

"Man, you suck. We'll use one pokemon each! First pokemon that gets knocked out loses!"

"Fine with me!" said Jaren

Jaren and Wakeland walked to an open area near the road. Jaren was a bit antsy, this was his first pokemon battle ever and he was fairly sure that Wakeland had already been in a few.

"Have you decided which pokemon you're going to use?" asked Wakeland

"Easily." said Jaren

"Go Vulpix!" yelled Jaren as he threw his pokeball

"Vulpix." said the fire fox pokemon

"Growlithe, get out here and battle!" yelled Wakeland

"Growl."

"A Growlithe!" exclaimed Jaren as he flipped out his pokedex

Growlithe, the Puppy Pokemon. Extremely loyal, it will fearlessly bark at any opponent to protect its own Trainer from harm.

As soon as Growlithe appeared, Vulpix was taken aback and flinched a little bit. Jaren was a bit surprised at this as back in the battle with Zigzagoon, it was eager to fight.

"I know why you're looking surprised, that's Growlithe's special ability Intimidate."

"Vulpix use Ember now!!!" yelled Jaren

"Vullllllll!!!"

Vulpix opened its mouth as fire bolts shot out at Growlithe and hit the Puppy pokemon head on, Growlithe however bounced back and stood strong.

"Growlithe, use bite!" yelled Wakeland

"Growl!" yelled Growlithe as bit Vulpix and locked onto two of its tails.

"Vulpix!" yelled Jaren

"Hehehe, you fail in general Jaren." Sneered Wakeland

"Growlithe, put your weight down and slam Vulpix!"

Growlithe was still locked onto Vulpix's tails and slammed the Fox pokemon to the other side of the ground. Jaren looked on as he tried to figure out what to do.

"Wait a minute...he's trying to knock Vulpix out by using brute strength. However, I think he's putting us in a position to overwhelm him with him even knowing!"

As Growlithe held Vulpix down by its tails, Wakeland was dancing and gloating that he had defeated Jaren. However, Wakeland's showboating went overboard.

"Vulpix! Can you hear me?!" yelled Jaren

"Vul..." grunted Vulpix as Growlithe was still locked on it's tails and was hovering over the rest of its body.

"Okay great! Turn your head around and use Ember on Growlithe's face!"

"Vulpiiixx!!" yelled Vulpix as he blasted Growlithe in the face with the fire bolts.

Growlithe flew back and Vulpix was freed. Wakeland became furious, there was no way he was going to lose to Jaren.

"Growlithe use Ember at full power! Do not give Vulpix a chance to attack!"

"GROOOWWWWLLL!!!!" yelled Growlithe as it blasted aVulpix with a huge barrage of fire bolts, Jaren was in a bit of dismay as black smoke kicked up and he couldn't see Vulpix.

"Keep it up!!" yelled Wakeland

"GROWLITHE!!" yelled Growlithe as it kept spraying Vulpix

"Vulpix! No!" yelled Jaren as the smoke cleared and Vulpix was still standing, however, Vulpix had a glowing orange aura around its body.

"Vulllllll" it said as it slurred it's l's.

"What happened to you Vulpix."

Just then, Jaren's Pokedex went off and trumpted, "Vulpix's special ability is Flash Fire, Flash Fire makes the user immune to Fire-type attacks and powers up their own as a result."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv87lkkSr18

"Alright! Vulpix! Let's go!!"

"It doesn't matter what fancy ability you may have, Growlithe finish it off Bite!"

Growlithe charged at Vulpix with it's fangs bared.

"Vulpix, blast him with Ember now!!"

Vulpix, who was fired up, (no pun intended) shouted as it's aura glowed even brighter, spewed a stream of fire bolts at Growlite. Instead of the usual round orange bolts, these were much bigger and were Red. The bolts collided with Growlithe and kicked a bunch of smoke and when it cleared. Growlithe was knocked out cold.

"Growlithe!" yelled Wakeland

"Alright Vulpix, you did it!" yelled Jaren

"Vul." said Vulpix happily

"That was a fluke." said Wakeland as he walked off into the grass.

"Take a nice rest Vulpix." said Jaren as he got back on the road and went off to finish making his way to Greenlush Town as the late afternoon sun began to set in.

Years
  • @RHCP: Very well written, and Buizel managed to improve his water Gun! xD Btw, you sure you don't want a Rival yet? There'll be another time where you can meet up with a rival, but it's not must to have one. ;)

- Buizel grew to Level 7!
    - Keira received one Oran Berry!

@Master Trainer Empoleon: Much better, I like how you displayed Flash Fire, it was good. Keep on improving and you can write much more creative posts! :)

- Vulpix grew to Level 7 and learned Roar!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Chapter 2: A Night battle!!

As Jaren was making his way up the road towards Greenlush Town, darkness fell. He wasn't surprised that it was getting dark, after all a lot has happened today, so it is of course a natural occurrence. He was considering camping out and getting to Greenlush bright and early the next morning. Then again, it would probably be a better deal to take a full-speed ahead approach and just get there late at night. As he was contemplating what to do, he heard a voice from behind him.

"Hey you, let's battle."

Jaren turned around and looked to see who the voice belonged to. In front of him was a girl about his age. She was obviously not as tall as Jaren, she was a few inches shorter, about 5 feet tall and wore blond pigtails in her hair, she had on a pink shirt and blue overall shorts. She wore white socks and blue shoes. She had a bit of a scowl on her face and her large green eyes burned with passion.

"I'm a bit busy right now. I need to get going." said Jaren

"No way! You're gonna battle!" exclaimed the girl

"Um no. It's getting late and I got to get to Greenlush before it gets too late."
    said Jaren who was losing a bit of his patience

"Here's the deal, you battle me and if you win, I will show you a shortcut to Greenlush Town. If you lose, then you have to give me one of your pokemon."

"Too bad I'm not gonna lose." said Jaren slyly

"You shouldn't be so arrogant! Sentret, I choose you!" yelled the girl as she tossed a pokeball

The pokeball burst open and a light shot out and materialized a furry brown pokemon

"Sentret." said the pokemon

"Hmmm..." said Jaren as he flipped out his pokedex

Sentret, the Scout pokemon, This pokemon is very cautious, it raises itself up using its tail to get a better view of its surroundings

"All right, Zigzagoon! Let's go!" yelled Jaren as he flung a pokebll in the air

The pokeball burst open and The Tiny Raccoon pokemon materialized in front of Jaren

"Zig."

"Okay, we use two pokemon each! No substitutions!The first one to knock out two pokemon wins." said the girl

"Alright fine." said Jaren

"Ladies first." he said coolly

"You're so arrogant! Sentret! Use Scratch!"

"SEEENNNTRETTT!!!" yelled Sentret as it began clawing at Zigzagoon

"Zigzagoon, use Growl!" ordered Jaren

Zigzagoon waited until Sentret was clawing its face to let out an ear-shattering bark and knocked Sentret back a bit.

"Alright Zigzagoon, hit it with a Tackle attack!" commanded Jaren

Zigzagoon charged and slammed into Sentret, knocking it to the ground. For a second, it appeared that Zigzagoon had won, however the Sentret wiggled its tail and used it to stand up. It was ready for more. Jaren decided to try and end this quickly.

"Zigzagoon! Tackle Tackle and more tackle!" yelled Jaren

Zigzagoon charged forward and began slamming into Sentret repeatedly, the girl smiled and said "Sentret, use Defense Curl!"

Sentret curled into a ball as Zigzagoon kept slamming into Sentret repeatedly. Jaren knew that his opponent couldn't keep playing defense for long. Zagzagoon slammed into sentret once more as the Scout Pokemon uncurled and fell back a bit.

"By doing all of that tackling, your Zigzagoon has tired out. You can't win on Offense alone!" said the girl

"Heh, well you're Sentret is not a tank so it can't take too much damage either. You can't win on defense alone!" shot back Jaren

"Zigzagoon, let's finish it off, Tackle one last time with all you got!" yelled Jaren

"Sentret! Use Scratch to finish this battle!" yelled the girl

Zigzagoon ran forward and picked up speed as he charged towards Sentret with a strong Tackle. Sentret's claw dimly glowed as it aimed for Zigzagoon.

The two Normal Pokemon clashed and stood there with their backs facing each other's. Zigzagoon shook first but stood his ground. Sentret however, fainted.

"Oh no, Sentret!" said the girl

"Good job Zigzagoon!" said Jaren enthusiastically

"Zigzagoon." said Zigzagoon

"You think you are so smart?! Rattata! I choose you!" said the girl as she tossed a pokeball

"Rattata."

"A Rattata." said Jaren as he flipped his pokedex

Rattata, the mouse pokemon. Rattata is cautious in the extreme. Even while it is asleep, it constantly listens by moving its ears around. It is not picky about where it lives - it will make its nest anywhere.

"Zigzagoon, you were great. Take a rest. Vulpix, let's rock!" said Jaren as he tossed the Pokeball

"Vulpix." said Vulpix as he came out of the pokeball and blew fire into the air

"Vulpix. Let's get an easy win!"

"Vulpix." he said in agreement

"Alright, blast Rattata with ember!"

"Vulllllll!!!!" yelled Vulpix as the fire bolts blew up onto Rattata's body, the mouse pokemon was charred and fell with a thud

"Rattata!" yelled the girl

"Rattata..." it said weakly with swirls in its eyes

"That was a nice one Vulpix." said Jaren

"Vul."

"Vulpix, return!" yeleld Jaren as Vulpix went back into its pokeball

"That was a fluke! I...I just caught that Rattata! No fair!"

"Heh, you made the rules." said Jaren

"Hmph." said the girl

"Anyways, I need to get going. Maybe we can have another battle if we run into each other again."

"Hold on! State your name and as a promise I have to show you a shortcut!" said the girl

"My name's Jaren McDaniel and I'm from Springdawn Town." said Jaren without even turning around

"My name is Carla. Now come on, here's a shortcut!" she said as she began leading Jaren towards a side-winding path in the road

Jaren wondered what he had gotten himself into as he decided to battle Carla but he did not really care much, considering as far as he was concerned, the sooner to Greenlush Town, the better.

Years
  • @Master Trainer Empoleon: Nice battle work! Jaren goes for the offense huh? :)

-Zigzagoon grew to Level 4!
    -Vulpix grew to Level 8!
    =============================================

Chapter 3

Greenlush Town
    Chapter Theme Song

Greenlush Town has the basic facilities of a Pokemon Center, Poke Mart and there is a kindergarten where all the children living in this town attend to learn their basics on raising and caring for a Pokemon. During their breaks, they go out to the kindergarten playground where other than playing, battle each other or just show off their Pokemon. They seem to love cute or cool Pokemon and those with the cutest/coolest are said to be the most popular.
    The New Land RP (IC)
    The New Land RP (IC)

Half
    of the town's population is taken up by the elderly and the aged. You will see numerous old people everywhere. Some make take a stroll in the park; some might pick up certain unusual hobbies. Some might even challenge a passerby to a Pokemon battle!
    The New Land RP (IC)

Cottages and houses are arranged in a neat linear pattern and fruit trees line the neighbourhood. There are a few ponds scattered around the town.

In this chapter you may do anything you feel like roam about the town, create opponents to battle with etc.

Catchable Pokemon:
    Magikarp
    The New Land RP (IC)
    (Splash)
    Shroomish
    The New Land RP (IC)
    (Absorb, Tackle)

Levels 4-5. End your capturing post with the PokeBall shaking. I will determine if the capture was successful or not, as well as the gender and level of the Pokemon, depending on the quality and creativity of the post.

Note(s): You will not interact with other players here. You may choose to stay in this chapter when the next one is up.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back