• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Pokémon that don't make sense thread!

The_Judgmentor

A Guide to the Spirits..
Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2009
    How can the TV show be SO different from the video game? There are SO MANY ****ing inconsistencies between the two, that it isn't even funny.

How can the main character in the video game run, for days on end, without food, drink, water, or shelter?

How can Ash, a (Currently) 13 Year old kid, after 3 measly years of training, defeat people who have studied and trained for a lifetime?

How can the same Ash, an alleged "World-renowned" Pokemon trainer make SUCH poor Pokemon choices at every new season?? Seriously, his Pokemon suck!

Why doesn't this idiot-of-a-trainer Ash, ever capture the 10000 (hyperbole) ****ing legendaries that he's seen!!! He must have seen like, every one by now!! And yet he still sticks with Pokemon like Starly and Corphish?

Why do all of the supposed "Ten-year old" girls have developed chests, and are tall? Furthermore, why do these behemoths, obviously injected with estrogen steroids, run away from home...at age 10...to travel the country...and their parents are fine with that? Don't they take in account to the danger that could happen to their 5' 7", 10 year old bodies????

Why do the Pokemon, (those poor creatures), allow themselves to be captured and enslaved by the evil human race, who pit them in sadistic fights to the death, (Reminiscient to "rooster-fighting," brawls of the 11th century), until one of them faints from exhaustion and cruelty? Furthermore, why is this kind of animal abuse allowed, and even exhibited by the police officers, misc. governmental officials, and other authorities of the law who apparently are more corrupt and wicked than the Bush Administration!!!
    Does the infamous "Pokeball," have some kind of brainwashing affect that, in which relinquishes control of all motor neurons to a maniacal puppet master??
    Was it a scheme, concocted by this said government, in order to achieve a "higher quality of life?" Read The Animal Farm, by George Orwell, and you'll see where I come from. "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

Why don't Team Rocket, if they really hate the protagonist so much, just shoot him? It's very easy, and obviously guns exist in the Pokemon world. (See Episode no. 35 from the original series, titled "The Legend of Dratini," in which the Safari Zone warden pulls a magnum onto the kids. James, later in the episode, took that gun and held the warden for ransom; killing the warden if the kids did not oblige.)

*Gasp* *Catches Breath*

How can it that I can continue to ramble and ramble about this topic for hours, and yet nobody will even care about what I'm saying?

Why do these questions matter if it is just a kid show? Is it more than a kids' show? Are the creators trying to imply something here?

I shall end with a homage to the Tootsie Roll commercials...
    "The world may never know."

Last edited:

#Gecko#

Alert: Tacos Rule
    Years
  • How can the TV show be SO different from the video game? There are SO MANY ****ing inconsistencies between the two, that it isn't even funny.

How can the main character in the video game run, for days on end, without food, drink, water, or shelter?
    Video Games are like that

How can Ash, a (Currently) 13 Year old kid, after 3 measly years of training, defeat people who have studied and trained for a lifetime?
    Luck and Friendship?

How can the same Ash, an alleged "World-renowned" Pokemon trainer make SUCH poor Pokemon choices at every new season??
    You know Ash is an idiot
    Why do all of the supposed "Ten-year old" girls have developed chests, and are tall? I only remember Misty being taller than Ash and May was the only one with developed chest.Furthermore, why do these behemoths, obviously injected with estrogen steroids, run away from home...at age 10...to travel the country...and their parents are fine with that? I think its a parent's dream for their kids to leave in Pokeworld.Don't they take in account to the danger that could happen to their 5' 7", 10 year old bodies???? Good point.

Why do the Pokemon, (those poor creatures), allow themselves to be captured and enslaved by the evil human race, who pit them in sadistic fights to the death, (Reminiscient to "****-fighting," matches of the 11th century), until one of them faints from exhaustion and cruelty? Good point
    Furthermore, why is this kind of animal abuse allowed, and even exhibited by the police officers, misc. governmental officials, and other authorities of the law who apparently are more corrupt and wicked than the Bush Administration!!!
    Officer Jenny allows it
    Does the infamous "Pokeball," have some kind of brainwashing affect that, in which relinquishes control of all motor neurons to a maniacal puppet master??
    It doesn't. Wobbufet comes out whenever he wants
    Was it a scheme, concocted by this said government, in order to achieve a "higher quality of life?" Read The Animal Farm, by George Orwell, and you'll see where I come from. "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." Don't know waht you mean.

Why don't Team Rocket, if they really hate the protagonist so much, just shoot him? It's very easy, and obviously guns exist in the Pokemon world. (See Episode no. 35 from the original series, titled "The Legend of Dratini," in which the Safari Zone warden pulls a magnum onto the kids. James, later in the episode, took that gun and held the warden for ransom; killing the warden if the kids did not oblige.)
    They just want Pikachu. They don't hate him

*Gasp* *Catches Breath*

How can it that I can continue to ramble and ramble about this topic for hours, and yet nobody will even care about what I'm saying?
    That's why you're getting answers.

Why do these questions matter if it is just a kid show?
    Think again https://www.pokemopolis.net/main.htm
    Is it more than a kids' show? YES
    Are the creators trying to imply something here? Yes

I shall end with a homage to the Tootsie Roll commercials...
    "The world may never know."
    I enjoyed trying to answer your questions.
    I agree with the Gyarados one. He should be Water/Dragon.

The_Judgmentor

A Guide to the Spirits..
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2009
    Real

Okay, I have calmed down my rant...no....I can't resist. One more...then I'll stop.

How in the hell does, in the tv show, the kids make any money? Apparently they're able to feed themselves and the plethora of Pokemon that they have enslaved, so where, in, the, ****, do they get the money? Does it just magically appear out of thin air? Does Ash get royalty money for his successful winnings? Does he show off his 48 or odd badges for profit? Is he even so financially desperate as to auctioning off some of these badges so he can stuff himself with food? I mean, think about it. These 10 year old kids roam the country, drifting from town to town to earn commemorative badges, and never stay in one place.
    And why does, similarly, when you lose to a trainer on the video game, you lose half of your money? Lets say, you have...oh...₤999,999, and your Pokemon are defeated in a brawl where they freely electrocute and burn themselves. Does the hospital bill honestly cost almost ₤450,000??? Are the hospital staff more taxing for the rich? That's a pretty damn high hospital bill...
    Or does, being in an untrusting and malicious society as the Pokemon world, the money get STOLEN from your weak, defenseless, pitiful, 10 year old body. If so, why only half? Why not 3/4? Why not 7/8? Why not ALL of it???

Once again,
    "The World may never know."

Alright, I'm finished with my rant.

Team Poison, the reason that Gyarados cannot fly, is because he does not have wings. At least, not any that are strong enough to propel his 20 foot, dragon-scale body through the air. They just call him a flying type to ridicule and mock his small wings.

Oh, the irony. :(

#Gecko#

Years
  • Okay, I have calmed down my rant...no....I can't resist. One more...then I'll stop.

How in the hell does, in the tv show, the kids make any money?
    Winning battles?
    Apparently they're able to feed themselves and the plethora of Pokemon that they have enslaved, so where, in, the, ****, do they get the money? Does it just magically appear out of thin air? Does Ash get royalty money for his successful winnings? Does he show off his 48 or odd badges for profit? Is he even so financially desperate as to auctioning off some of these badges so he can stuff himself with food? I mean, think about it. These 10 year old kids roam the country, drifting from town to town to earn commemorative badges, and never stay in one place.
    This is the stuff that don't make sense on Pokemon. Like TR's machines. Good Point.
    And why does, similarly, when you lose to a trainer on the video game, you lose half of your money?
    That's the trainers reward
    Lets say, you have...oh...₤999,999, and your Pokemon are defeated in a brawl where they freely electrocute and burn themselves. Does the hospital bill honestly cost almost ₤450,000??? Are the hospital staff more taxing for the rich? That's a pretty damn high hospital bill...
    Trainers reward. If you won that battle. You earned that money. Its no hospital money.
    Or does, being in an untrusting and malicious society as the Pokemon world, the money get STOLEN from your weak, defenseless, pitiful, 10 year old body. If so, why only half? Why not 3/4? Why not 7/8? Why not ALL of it???
    Pokemon people are respectful and yes it is a weak, pitiful, 10 year old body, but with powerful Pokemon on his side.

Once again,
    "The World may never know."
    You actually made me think. The thing that don't make sense is that Ash keeps telling everyone that they'll meet again and they're always forgotten.

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    How can Ash, a (Currently) 13 Year old kid...

Why do all of the supposed "Ten-year old" girls have developed chests, and are tall? Furthermore, why do these behemoths, obviously injected with estrogen steroids, run away from home...at age 10...to travel the country...and their parents are fine with that? Don't they take in account to the danger that could happen to their 5' 7", 10 year old bodies

ok, i'm pretty sure he should be 15 now after 10 seasons. espacially since it's been out for 10+ years. srsly.

on the topic of female sidekicks:
    we know Misty is NOT 10. it never said she was and she was with Ash for at least 5 seasons.

2nd, May is the only one that has any chest at all.

3rd, there is no effing way they are 5'7". the only reference i have is the GBA game and i checked and both characters are definitely only 5 feet tall. also, if they were around 5'7", Brock would probably be 6'0" and then you have pretty much everyone else in the anime towering at 7 feet.

k im done :P

Years
  • Bill is the creator of the Pokémon storage system so why in Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and Pokémon Diamond/Pearl he is not mentioned as the original creator of the Pokémon storage system, in Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald a woman known as Lanette is taking credit and in Pokémon Diamond/Pearl a girl called Bebe is taking the credit.

#Gecko#

Years
  • Bill is the creator of the Pokémon storage system so why in Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and Pokémon Diamond/Pearl he is not mentioned as the original creator of the Pokémon storage system, in Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald a woman known as Lanette is taking credit and in Pokémon Diamond/Pearl a girl called Bebe is taking the credit.
    Bill was the original creator, but the two girls made possible on the other regions. I think.
    How come Brock goes crazy for every girl except Misty, May, Dawn, and Jessie?

Dark Kafra

Master Balls
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    How can there be so many Dittos when it cant even mate with itself?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    How can the TV show be SO different from the video game? There are SO MANY ****ing inconsistencies between the two, that it isn't even funny.

For one thing, the game is turned based. The anime "real life" wouldn't be like that, where you can jump around and whatever. There wouldn't be EVs where you have to defeat millions of Bidoofs to make Pikachu faster...that would just be weird

T'is a mystery...

Same as in the games. Strategy etc. I think the anime follows Ash because there is something "special" about him, that we won't find out for a long...long...time...

How can the same Ash, an alleged "World-renowned" Pokemon trainer make SUCH poor Pokemon choices at every new season?? Seriously, his Pokemon suck!

Yeah, because Skarmbliss would be sooo interesting. His choices are popular Pokemon, Pikachu (yes, its popular when you're young) a starter, common bird and then random. Ash's Sinnoh team is probably what most people have when they start the games, or a collection of what people have.

Why doesn't this idiot-of-a-trainer Ash, ever capture the 10000 (hyperbole) ****ing legendaries that he's seen!!! He must have seen like, every one by now!! And yet he still sticks with Pokemon like Starly and Corphish?

Yeah, Ash'll just throw that Pokeball at Mewtwo. I'm sure it'll work.

Why do all of the supposed "Ten-year old" girls have developed chests, and are tall? Furthermore, why do these behemoths, obviously injected with estrogen steroids, run away from home...at age 10...to travel the country...and their parents are fine with that? Don't they take in account to the danger that could happen to their 5' 7", 10 year old bodies????

Its anime. They leave at 10 because you do in the games. And its not real lol. The worst that could happen to you is getting told the same motto everyday for the rest of your life...

Why do the Pokemon, (those poor creatures), allow themselves to be captured and enslaved by the evil human race, who pit them in sadistic fights to the death, (Reminiscient to "rooster-fighting," brawls of the 11th century), until one of them faints from exhaustion and cruelty? Furthermore, why is this kind of animal abuse allowed, and even exhibited by the police officers, misc. governmental officials, and other authorities of the law who apparently are more corrupt and wicked than the Bush Administration!!!

It'd probably be banned if it was real life. But in the anime, they enjoy battling. For cruelty, see Paul

Was it a scheme, concocted by this said government, in order to achieve a "higher quality of life?" Read The Animal Farm, by George Orwell, and you'll see where I come from. "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

Love the quote...but they enjoy it in the anime. Its not as if Ash is kicking his Pokemon around screaming at Pikachu to Thunderbolt as it's just about to die...aww...

They don't hate Ash. They just want Pikachu.

Okay, I have calmed down my rant...no....I can't resist. One more...then I'll stop.

How in the hell does, in the tv show, the kids make any money? Apparently they're able to feed themselves and the plethora of Pokemon that they have enslaved, so where, in, the, ****, do they get the money? Does it just magically appear out of thin air? Does Ash get royalty money for his successful winnings? Does he show off his 48 or odd badges for profit? Is he even so financially desperate as to auctioning off some of these badges so he can stuff himself with food? I mean, think about it. These 10 year old kids roam the country, drifting from town to town to earn commemorative badges, and never stay in one place.
    And why does, similarly, when you lose to a trainer on the video game, you lose half of your money? Lets say, you have...oh...₤999,999, and your Pokemon are defeated in a brawl where they freely electrocute and burn themselves. Does the hospital bill honestly cost almost ₤450,000??? Are the hospital staff more taxing for the rich? That's a pretty damn high hospital bill...

You give the prize money over to the opponent (in the games). It says it in FR/LG.
    The Ash thing...well, that is what Brock is for. That is the real reason why he cannot leave. His personality, money and the reason why Giovanni doesn't fire Jessie, James and Meowth are allllllll held inside the GS Ball. Well, all of lifes mysteries really. That's why it vanished in Johto...and they tried to wipe everyone's memories of the GS Ball by piling on the fillers. Sorry, I've eaten too much chocolate XD

Back