• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Pokémon that don't make sense thread!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I always wondered why they suck with ash for so long, i think the pokemon chronicals were much better because they would follow random people for an episode

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
  • Why is Ash such a freaking huge Mary Sue?

Why is an old man [Prof. Oak] taking care of a herd of easily angered, physically powerful bulls?

How can Muk glomp Oak every time he appears, yet Oak hasn't gotten poisoned yet? I mean, Muk's footsteps are supposed to kill plants on contact...

Why are there Chansey at every pokemon center everywhere ever, yet it's nearly impossible to find them in the wild?

Oh yeah and how does Murkrow fly with wings too small and weak [and shaped completely wrong] for it's body?

PiplupRocks

Electric Trainer
    Years
  • It can learn Toxic and Sludge Bomb via TM.

I agree with the Gyrados question. It really makes no sense why Gyrados is classified as a Water/Flying type when it should be a Water/Dragon.
    it's actually
    Water/Flying/Dragon..
    otherwise, Lance wouldn't have one >_>

Last edited:

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
    Years
  • pipluprocks said:
    it's actually
    Water/Flying/Dragon..

naw, you can't have a triple type he's defintely water/flying.

Lance has one because he doesn't agree with Nintendo in saying he belives in it being a dragon aswell =D

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Why do they only change the Girl in the anime?
    It has always been Ash and Brock then Misty/May/Dawn
    Why don't they get rid of Brock (They will most likely say 'Ash is the Main character, we can't get rid of him' they can't say anything about Brock as he is just like Misty!!!)

Also, someone has already said this, but.. How come Brock likes every girl but Misty/May/Dawn/Jessy?

Why do Jessy James and Meowth still work for Team Rocket

Why To the Team rocket Trio follow Ash everywhere he goes, why don't they go to catch another Pokemon. Why don't they catch a wild Pikachu and say it is Ashes?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Ooh! Quote-answer fun!

Why can't Arceus use punching moves if it said it made the world with
    1000 (or some number like that) arms.
    I think that was just part of the myth. 1000 was probably an exagguration they made to make it seem more impressive, but it created the legendaries, which shaped the world, so that could serve as its "arms".

How can the TV show be SO different from the video game? There are SO MANY ****ing inconsistencies between the two, that it isn't even funny. Well, the animie, UNrealistic as it is, is meant to be realistic, whereas the video game series would be killed if they tried to relate the two.

How can the main character in the video game run, for days on end, without food, drink, water, or shelter?
    Because that's what video games do I guess... Sonic does it. Mario does it (though he might eat an occasional mushroom). Just makes the game simpler, as a Pokemon-training game would get rediculously annoying if you had to not only collect badges and do battles, but feed and rest your trainer.

How can Ash, a (Currently) 13 Year old kid, after 3 measly years of training, defeat people who have studied and trained for a lifetime?
    I agree, but still it is a show geared toward kids. They want to make people think Ash knows what he's doing (ha) so they'll keep watching. They lost me a LOOONG time ago, but a lot of people are still into it, so apparently it's working.

How can the same Ash, an alleged "World-renowned" Pokemon trainer make SUCH poor Pokemon choices at every new season?? Seriously, his Pokemon suck!
    Because children would rather watch fluffy electric mice and adorable little birdies and funny smiling baby-alligator-things than experienced Gengars and Blisseys beating hundreds of Bidoofs for HP EVs.

Why doesn't this idiot-of-a-trainer Ash, ever capture the 10000 (hyperbole) ****ing legendaries that he's seen!!! He must have seen like, every one by now!! And yet he still sticks with Pokemon like Starly and Corphish?
    Because he feels that catching such an untamed and majestic beast would be wrong, probably. Either that or catching legends would screw a lot of things up; look at what happened to Celebi.

Why do all of the supposed "Ten-year old" girls have developed chests, and are tall? Furthermore, why do these behemoths, obviously injected with estrogen steroids, run away from home...at age 10...to travel the country...and their parents are fine with that? Don't they take in account to the danger that could happen to their 5' 7", 10 year old bodies????
    Misty was like 13 I think when she joined Ash. They probably aren't 5'7", but May was more than a bit odd for 10. And in a world where the greatest people and most well-known idiots <coughashcough> are Pokemon trainers, it's probably an honor.

Why do the Pokemon, (those poor creatures), allow themselves to be captured and enslaved by the evil human race, who pit them in sadistic fights to the death, (Reminiscient to "rooster-fighting," brawls of the 11th century), until one of them faints from exhaustion and cruelty? Furthermore, why is this kind of animal abuse allowed, and even exhibited by the police officers, misc. governmental officials, and other authorities of the law who apparently are more corrupt and wicked than the Bush Administration!!!
    Does the infamous "Pokeball," have some kind of brainwashing affect that, in which relinquishes control of all motor neurons to a maniacal puppet master??
    Was it a scheme, concocted by this said government, in order to achieve a "higher quality of life?" Read The Animal Farm, by George Orwell, and you'll see where I come from. "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
    Thy don't fight to the death in anything released to-date. They only knock each other out. And most wild Pokemon, unless they've developed a bond with the trainer, do try to resist capture. The act of battles could easily be considered cruel, but hell, what would Pokemon be without battles? If they started making games/episodes with blood and real violenence (as in Mightyena bites Pikachu and you see the wound pour out blood and the Mightyena's mouth covered in red splatters), then would be the time to really consider it crualty. I personally would like some Pokemon stuff with blood though, just because of how serious and realistic it'd be ^^

Why don't Team Rocket, if they really hate the protagonist so much, just shoot him? It's very easy, and obviously guns exist in the Pokemon world. (See Episode no. 35 from the original series, titled "The Legend of Dratini," in which the Safari Zone warden pulls a magnum onto the kids. James, later in the episode, took that gun and held the warden for ransom; killing the warden if the kids did not oblige.)
    If they shot him, kids worldwide would be screaming for their mommies as simultaniously Pokemon is getting sued by a hundred angry parents, television-rating-officials, and who knows who else. Plus, they just want his Pikachu, not him dead. Though they could come up with a lot better than baloons and giant machines when the trainer has Swellows, Charizards, WATER-SPITTING <water screws up machines, people> animals, and tons of other weapons at his disposal (though he doesn't make use of half of them in a pinch...)

*Gasp* *Catches Breath*

How can it that I can continue to ramble and ramble about this topic for hours, and yet nobody will even care about what I'm saying?
    I care. That's why I'm replying. And don't worry, it's a VERY easy topic to ramble about.

Why do these questions matter if it is just a kid show? Is it more than a kids' show? Are the creators trying to imply something here?
    It's more than just a kids show to most of the people on Pokemon forums. Well, personally I think it's completely geared for children ten and under, but that doesn't mean you can't watch it because you're 14/15/16/8923. I don't think they're implying anything more than that kids'll buy into anything if it has a hero that always wins and uses cute yellow mice to do it.

I shall end with a homage to the Tootsie Roll commercials...
    "The world may never know."
    I love those commercials...

Mitosis is the answer :|
    Pink mitosis at that.
    ^lol.

Why is Ash such a freaking huge Mary Sue?
    Because all the nine year olds obsessed with the show don't see the difference between unrealistic, hacked (come on, Pikachu beating high-level elite-four quality Pokemon is obviously Action-Replay :laugh: ) uberness and realistic, EV trained uberness.

Why is an old man [Prof. Oak] taking care of a herd of easily angered, physically powerful bulls?
    Because he's a professional Pokemon-caretaker. He knows what he's doing, like... like Jane Goodall with wild-and-potentially-dangerous chimpanzees... or something.

How can Muk glomp Oak every time he appears, yet Oak hasn't gotten poisoned yet? I mean, Muk's footsteps are supposed to kill plants on contact...
    That's a really good point there! I was about to form a reason why, but even if they did poison him, they could just take him to the hospital. And that could be a good story-plan for some random episode too.

Why are there Chansey at every pokemon center everywhere ever, yet it's nearly impossible to find them in the wild?
    Maybe they have a breeding system that dates back to the frist Pokemon Center ever.

Oh yeah and how does Murkrow fly with wings too small and weak [and shaped completely wrong] for it's body?
    Because it's a video game/cartoon character. Video game/Cartoon characters can do whatever they want. :P

it's actually
    Water/Flying/Dragon..
    No. Pokemon cannot be more than two types. And if he needed all his pokemon to be part dragon, what's with Charizard and Aerodactyl? If they were Dragons, I don't know where my Lanturn back in Crystal wouldda gotten!

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2008
    how come tropius can learn fly but gyarados who is flying and dragon type cant?

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    how
    come tropius can learn fly but gyarados who is flying and dragon type cant?

Well... Tropius is a flying type and has got wings, and Gyarados hasn't got them.... so that's pretty obvious. Doduo can't learn fly, can it? (can it??:S)
    And Gyarados isn't dragon type. It's water/flying.

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    i'm not sure if doduo and dodrio can learn fly, but i remember in pokémon stadium there was a dodrio that knew fly

it looked so funny cause it was basically levitating in midair while running.

PiplupRocks

Electric Trainer
    Years
  • Well... Tropius is a flying type and has got wings, and Gyarados hasn't got them.... so that's pretty obvious. Doduo can't learn fly, can it? (can it??:S)
    And Gyarados isn't dragon type. It's water/flying.
    I remember my Dodrio learning fly in Ruby. So ya, it can..

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Whoa... then that's even crazier than the new pokémon. But it's a little crazy that a Pidgey or Taillow can fly you anywhere as well ^^
    ... that might be a little off topic though. Sorry.

PiplupRocks

Electric Trainer
    Years
  • well, you can find info. on moves pokemon can learn,how many steps until they hatch, etc. at Serebii.net - it's one of the best pokemon resources :D

boo836

I'm back?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    How come when a jolteon uses pin missle, you don't see any bald spots. You could have it do that for 10 years and you won't see a bald cat. And how can a sneasle use surf??? Third, if the unown were ancient writing then back then you would be attacked by the christmas card that your aunt Joe had sent for you.

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
  • Because Roosting is for birds...? I dunno, but yeah, it would make Mantine usable.

Oh yeah, and how is Ash still alive? I mean, he's been hurt in every way imaginable, died once but came back to life magically and was electrocuted by Pikachu in the first episode.

eternalglory

Private Eye
    Years
  • on an electrocution note, pikachu should have killed ash with the amount of times he's electrocuted him. Maybe in Pokeworld the little boys and girls are shocked with electricity when they are born, so that they are more used to it when they grow up. :)

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
  • Actually, in reality, that would just kill them sooner; you can't be "used" to electricity, because it's going to kill you no matter what if you don't try to stay away from large amounts of it; it'll just keep damaging your brain, heart, and innards in general...until you die.

But meh, since when was Pokemon realistic...?

Back