• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New ROM Hacking Newsletter

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Well, I only noticed a few spelling problemz.. :0
    Lol, Vrai's rant.

Nice job, Panda/Darcy/tiny bit of Disturbed. :)

Years
  • Nice newsletter ! :)
    It was abit short, which is ok scince you had too rush it.
    Well i can't wait for next weeks newsletter.
    :)

Buizel 9 ~

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Well, I only noticed a few spelling problemz.. :0
    Lol, Vrai's rant.

Nice job, Panda/Darcy/tiny bit of Disturbed. :)
    Tiny bit of Disturbed?! :@
    And I hate making cave maps, FYI. They sicken me. :D
    Anyways, quite a bit of spelling errors, sadly. Just document the whole damn thing in MS Word before posting it, so you can see where you made those errors.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Okay guys I have this super uber thing to announce.
    This week will be the first anal Rom Base Of The Week competition

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • Mac_Mini, I don't think it could be held weekly.

One, rom bases aren't put out at that high of a rate.
    Two, the same rom bases will end up in the competition each week. People will be voting for the same base over and over again. Each rom base could eventually win. There isn't that high of a supply rate.

I would try monthly. If you have a steady supply of well done rom bases, then bump it down to bi-monthly.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • Mac_Mini, I don't think it could be held weekly.

Two, the same rom bases will end up in the competition each week. People will be voting for the same base over and over again. Each rom base could eventually win. There isn't that high of a supply rate.

I would try monthly. If you have a steady supply of well done rom bases, then bump it down to bi-monthly.
    +1

Most of the ROM bases aren't very good to be honest, I'd make it monthly. So we don't end up like hack of the week and just giving it to best hack that hasn't won yet (aka a bad hack).

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    uhh... did you say anal on purpose mac_mini?
    And this will be held weekly?
    Woops
    Typo ._.

+1

Most of the ROM bases aren't very good to be honest, I'd make it monthly. So we don't end up like hack of the week and just giving it to best hack that hasn't won yet (aka a bad hack).

Mac_Mini, I don't think it could be held weekly.

Good point guys
    I think we'll put the idea into effect once Darcy can get back to the RHN
    Oh yeah are we releasing this week or next?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Something tells me that the RHN has died somehow. >>

We need to fix this.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Updates
    Updates and News
    Opening Notes

Darthatron recently resigned as leader of the RHN. In his place i will be taking the RHN over and hiring some new writers so we can get it back up and running. So far .Phones and Megiddo have joined up and started writing. If you would like to join you could state so here. Any ideas, question, or just straight out comments are also welcome. Applicants must have an example review, tip, or other article.

Also, I am planning on adding a trophy to people who are winners of HOTW or HOTM each with an emblem stating the hack name and author so keep your eyes out for that. Some new sections of the RHN will include a recollection of the weeks events, helpful tutorials section, and also as started by Vrai we will want to continue the rant section which will be in the first new issue with a nice article by .Phones.

Thanks,
    From the New New RHN Team

CSS by Darthatron, edited by ~Teh Panda~

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • The New ROM Hacking Newsletter
    Updates
    Updates and News
    Opening Notes

Darthatron recently resigned as leader of the RHN. In his place i will be taking the RHN over and hiring some new writers so we can get it back up and running. So far .Phones and Megiddo have joined up and started writing. If you would like to join you could state so here. Any ideas, question, or just straight out comments are also welcome. Applicants must have an example review, tip, or other article.

Also, I am planning on adding a trophy to people who are winners of HOTW or HOTM each with an emblem stating the hack name and author so keep your eyes out for that. Some new sections of the RHN will include a recollection of the weeks events, helpful tutorials section, and also as started by Vrai we will want to continue the rant section which will be in the first new issue with a nice article by .Phones.

Thanks,

Ok, taht sucks, I will miss Darthatron, but he resigned, so yeah... If you resign as well, I call dibs on the RHN Chief Editor Spot! I'd take good care of the RHN, I know I would!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Updates
    Updates and News
    Opening Notes

Thanks,

Okay. I apologize, but I will be unable to write any articles for the next two weeks to a month. I am actually unsure of how long I'll be gone, but I can hopefully say it'll be no longer than a month.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Ok, taht sucks, I will miss Darthatron, but he resigned, so yeah... If you resign as well, I call dibs on the RHN Chief Editor Spot! I'd take good care of the RHN, I know I would!

So you don't like me... :P, JK. I am gonna take great care of it and will you still be a writer? If so could you PM your MSN?

Back