• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    There are still a number of clones. Take Ganondorf and Captain Falcon for example. Or Lucas and Ness. Even the StarFox trio have similar attacks(not to mention final smashes).

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    To put it in the simplest terms possible, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is THE game to have for the system. If you have the money for it, there is no excuse not to get it. In fact, it is almost obligatory.

Just a question. Now don't call me crazy I have seen the unlockable characters, but I noticed Mewtwo being possbile for the rewards. does anyone know how to unlock him???

I know what you're talking about. The reason Mewtwo and the others are called "The Forbidden 7" is because they were removed from the final game and thus have no way to unlock them.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2008
    They have changed the clones characters a bit significantly. If you take a closer look the A Smash buttons have changed quite a bit, not to mention the regular attacks. The specials are quite different too. Although the Final Smashes for the fox trio are agreeablly similar. I guess the gamemakers got lazy. I seriously didn't think Lucario and Mewtwo were that similiar other than sharing a similiar B button, they were quite different in both tier and knockout percentages.

Well anyways, get the game ITZZZ TEEEH PWWWWNZZZERRRZZZZIZZZLE

I bought a copy and can't stop playing, the games that awsome =)

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    Has anyone found that Fire Emblem song on SSBB?
    Roy's Hope or something like that
    Does that mean Roy was really considered for the game?
    Marth was in because of a remake on the DS.

Mewtwo....WHY'D YOU HAVE TO GO?!?!

Dixie Kong? I can think of a moveset (Not that great, but whatever):
    B: Barrel Toss - With her hair, Dixie picks up a small barrel and throws it forward.
    Side+B: Copter Whirl - Dixie spins her hair forward, moving forward.
    Down+B: Bongo Girl - Dixie taps a bongo, working as a reflector.
    Up+B: Ponytail Whirl - Dixie spins her hair, and flies upward, in any direction the player chooses.
    FS: Crazy Plane - Dixie hops into her plane from DKRDS and can ram anywhere in the stage, working like Super Sonic.

Roy - I can think of a new moveset. (Not great, again...)
    B: (The same from Melee)
    Side+B: Fire Wave - Roy shoots a wave of fire from his sword. The wave then works as a boomerang, but can drag players closer while being damaged.
    Up+B: Fire Spin - Roy jumps up in a ball of fire like Sonic's normal jump.
    Down+B: Fire Tornado - Roy spins into a fiery tornado, just like who Mario used to use his tornado.
    FS: Fiery Aim - Roy aims at a random opponent, and moves toward that person. Roy swipes his sword down, so the opponent will be buried in the dirt. When the opponent is buried, Roy charges his sword just like in Melee, except it will take five more seconds. Once the opponent jumps up, Roy charges his sword down, resulting in a fiery explosion.

Toon Zelda/Sheik: (I honestly don't like that idea... Let It Be)
    Dr. Mario: Better off as an alternate costume for Mario.
    Young Link: Ehh.......

Plusle & Minun: (I guess I can think of one)
    Down+B: Helping Hand - Plusle and Minun charge each other's attacks.
    B: Thunder Wave - Plusle and Minun create an electric wave that stuns the foe or just causes damage. The wave will get bigger the more Helping Hand is used.
    Up+B: Quick Attack - Plusle & Minun move up just like Pikachu's Quick Attack/Agility, except with red and blue colors. Their attack will move up more the more Helping Hand is used.
    Side+B: Shock Wave - Plusle jumps forward, then Minun jumps forward. The two have electric power coming with their attacks. It works a little like Diddy Kong's Monkey Flip. However, their attack will get more powerful if Helping Hand is used more.
    FS: Swift Spark - Plusle & Minun charge with Helping Hand for 5 seconds, and create a huge swift attack that goes everywhere on the stage. Stars fly everywhere, being sure to hit all characters on the stage, no matter where they are.

I can actually think of another moveset for Pichu.

Pichu
    Down+B: Charge - Pichu charges up his attacks.
    B: Spark - Pichu emits a small electric spark that surrounds its body. (causes 2% damage to himself)
    Side+B: Zap Cannon - Pichu shoots a zap cannon forward. You can charge this attack, and double the damage even more with Charge. (causes 6% damage to himself)
    Up+B: Agility - Still the same.
    FS: Thunder Rage - Pichu charges up for a huge attack. "PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICHUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" he says. A huge Thunder shoots down at him. Anyone hit will be hit with massive damage. However, Pichu will get 45% damage, but will not be flung away by his own attack.

These movesets really are not that great, huh?

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    When the heck did the title change? I wish the mods would PM me or post when they do that.

Now, we ALL knew that Dr.Mario, and ESPECIALLY Pichu was out of the game. They were both extreme clones. Pichu even hurt himself per move! Sure, only with electric moves, but that's stupid. Take a venom out of a snake, he's not fighting.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Just a question. Now don't call me crazy I have seen the unlockable characters, but I noticed Mewtwo being possbile for the rewards. does anyone know how to unlock him???

You have to beat All-Star mode on Intense (you can unlock All-Star by getting all of the characters).

And to everyone other genius in this thread, that's a Mewtwo trophy he's unlocking. Lurk moar.

Has anyone found that Fire Emblem song on SSBB?
    Roy's Hope or something like that
    Does that mean Roy was really considered for the game?

Hahaha no.

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    Well thx for the assistance airconditioning^_^ um one more question, how do you unlock the events after the 28th one?^^"

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2008
    Sorry about the double post, its the computers fault, anyways Igot the game the day it came out. The next day after the release they had a brawl tourny at gamestop, I got to semifinals as Marth but got owned on the last round :P Haha they made us use the wii remote instead of GC controller >_< Consolation prize $20 Woo0Ottt11!!1! Grabbed me some McDonalds on the way home :P

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    When the heck did the title change? I wish the mods would PM me or post when they do that.

Now, we ALL knew that Dr.Mario, and ESPECIALLY Pichu was out of the game. They were both extreme clones. Pichu even hurt himself per move! Sure, only with electric moves, but that's stupid. Take a venom out of a snake, he's not fighting.

The title changed because we had a few Brawl threads floating around. I merged them.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    augh merge confuses me ><

meta knight is a beast, a sexy sexy beast, he is like *combocombocombocombodsmashnairwin* and you are like 'wtf just hit me D:'

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years

Meh, as this one guy said in another Brawl thread that there aren't really any "clones." Clones are exactly the same. imo

And now my final smashes for the removed characters.
    Dr.Mario - Original Dr.Mario music plays and giant pills fall to the ground, Tetris style. the pills dissapeear after a while and after landing on a player.
    Roy - Hmm...a big explosion or something. I can't think of anything else that isn't like Ike's FS.
    Mewtwo - a big blast of psychic energy spreads around the stage...don't have big ideas for this.
    Young Link - He puts on the Fierce Deity Mask from MM and can shoot beams from his sword. (like Giga Bowser, but faster and more agile. Also doesn't last as long)
    Pichu - It has to be something powerful. Very powerful. A massive lightning attack that'll redeem his hated name in SSB. hahaha. XD

~~~
    Toon Zelda/Sheik. Ha. I had an idea like that a long time ago, expect Shiek was Tetra instead with a different moveset. Tetra was also the defalt form of the character.
    ~~~

I also got Brawl yesterday. (pre-ordered.) (I was on vacation so I couldn't get it)
    I played it all day today. I loved it.
    Spoiler:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I agree with what Eternal smasher said, the loading times are a pain. But it is worth the wait!

I will say The Great Maze...whoa! For those attempting it, I suggest finding and taking out Lucario ASAP since after beating him, you get the locations of everything. It was a very useful little tool once I defeated him.

But yeah, Brawl is pretty awesome...I have to ask, is Wolf worth the trouble to get? It just seems like another Fox clone. When I beat boss Battle with Fox, Wolf destroyed me (because I'm awful at Brawl)...and I fail with super speedy characters. Is it worth the time?

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
    Years
    *joins* xD

Well to awnser your question anti-pop if you dont want to waste all that time unlcoking him then dont but hes a bit diff from fox nothin major but there are differances

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well from my experiences with Captain Falcon and Ganondorf, Ganondorf is just more powerful, but Falcon seems to be a bit faster...I don't ue Ganondorf much so yeah lol. But I assume they're pretty much the same thing.

However, if Wolf is slower, that's something I'd be interested in since I might have a shot at not running of the edge dashing at everybody, lol

Also, what do you guys think about Mr. Game and Watch? I could never seem to figure out how to unlock it in Melee and don't really know how good it is. Beating the computer isn't really an accurate measure of how good a character is, so what do you guys think about him?

As you can see, I'm a total newbie at this game >.>

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    Several different topics:

Spoiler:

~.~.~
    It's worth getting all the characters.
    I haven't unlocked Wolf yet, but based on gameplay videos, I'd say he's quite good. Maybe I'll even use him more than Falco.

~.~.~
    Spoiler:

~.~.~
    I'm glad Mr.G&W is back. I couldn't imagine how some people wanted him cut. He's the most original character in Melee!
    You have to beat classic mode or the target test with all of the other 24 characters in SSBM to unlock the flat guy.

I think I'll explain him in a later post. (he's one of my mains in SSBM, with Luigi and Ganondorf) I mostly use G&W for fun.

Last edited:
    Back