• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Users Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I need help!!! I am a new user!!!!
    Well, I would be more than happy to assist you if you gave a little more information on your dilema. If you don't feel like posting it here, feel free to send a private or visitor message any time.

Hope you have a great time around the community!
    Welcome to PC.

CourtSumWareInThyme

Ol' Skool Trainer
    Years
    Anyone over16 wanna be my friend that's coool! I'm 25 and new to this, so PM me and we'll talk about one of the coolest franchises on EARTH! POKEMON!

EAT PIE! From CourtSumWareInThyme!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Ah, but you would be cutting yourself off from a nice group of Pokemon fans if you only wish to become friends with members who are 16 and older.
    (Unless you're looking for some kind of pair or relationship...)

Welcome to the forums, CourtSumWareInThyme. Quite the interesting user name you picked out there! I... I have no idea if it is a reference to something, but it's nice all the same.

Don't worry, there are certain no lack of discussions about Pokemon around here, SSWIT. Simply find a thread that looks promising and post in it.

Have a time.

SpellingAce

Who, me?
    Years
    Hi people I'm new here(even though I was scrolling around the web for two days) and I'd just like to introduce myself here. Also can someone tell me where I can find some hacking tools that are easy to use? I want to try it out.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Hi people I'm new here(even though I was scrolling around the web for two days) and I'd just like to introduce myself here. Also can someone tell me where I can find some hacking tools that are easy to use? I want to try it out.
    Oh good! You decided to grace us with some posts instead of just lurking!
    (Lurking may be fun and ninja-like... but it's nothing when compared to being an active member. ;D)

Hacking tools, eh?
    Well, I do believe you would benefit rather well from visiting the Toolbox over in the ROM Hacking section. That sub-forum should contain quite a few little gadgets to get you going on your project!

Hope you have a wonderful time around the Pokecommunity. Take care now!

SpellingAce

Who, me?
    Years
    Hi again people, can I ask for tools that are compatible with Windows 98? plz? Someone put that on the Toolbox sub-forum and sadly, Windows 98 was too outdated to have any good tools...
    And EVEN MORE sadly, I am using Windows 98 :(
    Edit: I can use EliteMap, but it seems kinda screwed up too.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Sadly, most of those tools were developed to run on my recent operating systems. Personally, I have never owned a Windows 98 and therefore could not begin to tell you which tools are and are not compatible. I do apologize.

I am afraid you will just have to work with what you can. If that is the only computer available to you, I would suggest getting really handy with a hex editor. :o

Good luck, and welcome again.

SpellingAce

Who, me?
    Years
    Aww, darn it, I was hoping to get some nice tools to start with before I get a new computer. EliteMap is so hard to know how it works it doesn't even come with an instruction manual.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
    Yeah, there really isn't a set time frame for being new, Shedinjareese. However, I would say either about a month or until you pretty much know what you're doing. That's just my take on when you're still new, though. In reality, it's up to you.

Do you still feel new?

Ok so I thought nearing my hundredth post that I wasn't feeling new anymore but apparently I still am because I have a question: what is that "reputation" thing I just enabled?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Ah, welcome to the world of having your posts ranked! xD

Reputation is a system where people can either give you good reputation for posts they deem good or helpful, or they can give you negative reputation for posts they deem pointless or mean. Don't worry, however, I don't believe you would make any posts that would upset anyone.

If you want a more detailed explaination of this, Ausuadriel wrote an entry in the FAQ about it not too long ago:
    Reputation System

Take care.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Pokemon games on the computer? Do you mean like CD-ROM's or like ROM files?

If it is the first, the only place I could suggest checking out would be the Other Pokemon Games section. Information on it would be there if anywhere on this forum.
    (I remember seeing Pokemon CD-ROM's when I was much younger, but they didn't take off too well. xD)

If you are asking where to find ROM's, I'm afraid that infringes upon the rules of this community. You can, however, check out the ROM Hacking or Game Development sections and see the different projects people are working on.

Hope your first day here will be a good one, Ughiug59. If I misunderstood your question just say so and I will be happy to assist you further to the best of my abilities. ;D

Take care!

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
    Ah, welcome to the world of having your posts ranked! xD

Reputation is a system where people can either give you good reputation for posts they deem good or helpful, or they can give you negative reputation for posts they deem pointless or mean. Don't worry, however, I don't believe you would make any posts that would upset anyone.

If you want a more detailed explaination of this, Ausuadriel wrote an entry in the FAQ about it not too long ago:
    Reputation System

Take care.

XD Great, thanks! Suddenly everything is clear....

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Ah, so you mean like an MMO of sorts?
    Well, since most Pokemon online games are either not complete or have stopped development all together, there is not a said section for the discussion of them.
    You can, however, check out the Game Development forum. Information on MMO's that people create would be located there.

It's great you had a good first day. I'm sure the rest of your days here will be just as good!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back