• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Users Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2009
    Hello, first post here. I'm actually glad this particular thread exists, because I had a simple question to ask. I've been playing pokemon since my 1st game (blue) up until yellow and then stopping at silver. Couldn't afford a GBA back in the day so I had to pass up on the advanced generation games (ruby/sapphire; L-green/F-red). I've had my DS for a while and decided to get diamond a few months after release. Well, for whatever reason, I'm just now finishing it (over a year!). When I beat the E4 I was excited because I remembered that boat in (insert town name, I forgot) and thought "hey, just like the SS Anne or that one boat that took you from johto to kanto in G/S.!" So I get on the boat and find out that I don't go to any different region, only that little square of land on the upper right of the map. The only reason I picked diamond back up was because I wanted to go back to the past gym leaders and stomp on them like I did in silver, but there does not seem to be a way to do so. Does anyone know of any pokemon games (handhelds) that allow you to go back to different regions (a la gold/silver) and see the other cities and battle gym leaders? As mentioned before, I completely missed the games past silver leading up to diamond so I have no idea what went on there. I do know that I'm gonna search for a copy of leaf green because I like that it is set in Kanto (where know most of the stuff :)).

Now that I think about it, I probably want to go back to the other regions because I actually know whats going on there; ie pokemon and types. Almost everything I encountered in diamond was new and led to me getting crushed more often than not because I couldn't tell what type x pokemon was without going to gamefaqs. I feel slightly gimped with diamond, even though I definitely got my 35 bucks worth of gameplay. I guess I kind of expected to be able to go through the other regions (they are on the DS now after all) with a technologically stronger platform. Yeah there is the trading and WFC battles, but they're just not my thing. Seriously, I know maybe the first 150-250 pokemon, most, not all of those, and there are over 300 now right? This is probably a really old discussion, but was anybody else a little mad about that feature not being put into the new game (or the ones before it which would have been new back then)? Does anyone know why they would take something like that out? Woah, long post, oh well ;)

Years
  • Hi everyone, I'm new here. Been playing pokemon off and on since I was probably 12. I swore I would never "sell-out" and play the newer games (anything after gen 1) but of course I did and now I love them.

So yep I'm looking forward to hanging around here.

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    Hello, first post here. I'm actually glad this particular thread exists, because I had a simple question to ask. I've been playing pokemon since my 1st game (blue) up until yellow and then stopping at silver. Couldn't afford a GBA back in the day so I had to pass up on the advanced generation games (ruby/sapphire; L-green/F-red). I've had my DS for a while and decided to get diamond a few months after release. Well, for whatever reason, I'm just now finishing it (over a year!). When I beat the E4 I was excited because I remembered that boat in (insert town name, I forgot) and thought "hey, just like the SS Anne or that one boat that took you from johto to kanto in G/S.!" So I get on the boat and find out that I don't go to any different region, only that little square of land on the upper right of the map. The only reason I picked diamond back up was because I wanted to go back to the past gym leaders and stomp on them like I did in silver, but there does not seem to be a way to do so. Does anyone know of any pokemon games (handhelds) that allow you to go back to different regions (a la gold/silver) and see the other cities and battle gym leaders? As mentioned before, I completely missed the games past silver leading up to diamond so I have no idea what went on there. I do know that I'm gonna search for a copy of leaf green because I like that it is set in Kanto (where know most of the stuff :)).

Now that I think about it, I probably want to go back to the other regions because I actually know whats going on there; ie pokemon and types. Almost everything I encountered in diamond was new and led to me getting crushed more often than not because I couldn't tell what type x pokemon was without going to gamefaqs. I feel slightly gimped with diamond, even though I definitely got my 35 bucks worth of gameplay. I guess I kind of expected to be able to go through the other regions (they are on the DS now after all) with a technologically stronger platform. Yeah there is the trading and WFC battles, but they're just not my thing. Seriously, I know maybe the first 150-250 pokemon, most, not all of those, and there are over 300 now right? This is probably a really old discussion, but was anybody else a little mad about that feature not being put into the new game (or the ones before it which would have been new back then)? Does anyone know why they would take something like that out? Woah, long post, oh well ;)
    Welcome Doom,

I consider D/P an update, even though you can't go to the other regions mostly all pokemon can be caught in this game. With the touch addition players get to interact with the game more [Ex: Making Poffins, Battling, Your new Watch].

In Emerald you can call gym leaders or regular battlers and battle them as many times as you wish.

Pokedex:493. With the exception of Acreus [The god of all pokemon] It has not been released legibly.

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Been playing pokemon off and on since I was probably 12. I swore I would never "sell-out" and play the newer games (anything after gen 1) but of course I did and now I love them.

So yep I'm looking forward to hanging around here.

Welcome Fast Tony,

Hope you have a great time here at PC.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    Hi guys. My first day here, lol.

I have a question about hacking Ruby though, is there any way to change where the character is when he comes out of the truck? Because right now he comes out into the middle of the ocean. xD

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Hi guys. My first day here, lol.

I have a question about hacking Ruby though, is there any way to change where the character is when he comes out of the truck? Because right now he comes out into the middle of the ocean. xD

Welcome to PokeCommunity!
    You are better off asking these guys as they are the ROM hackers here.
    I hope you have a great time here and make heaps of friends! I love your avatar by the way!

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    Hi all. SoulRed12 here. Just thought I should introduce myself...

I'm an Emerald player, hoping to get a DS and pokemon platinum soon. I've never played D/P so I figure I'll just start with that one so I'm not playing a relatively old game. lol.

Got a quick Q about hacking though...actually about "cheating". Does the majority of the pokemon community (in general, not just this place ;) ) frown upon getting the event pokemon (deoxys, mew, etc.) through action replay? Just curious, I don't plan to use it for anything else. I just don't want to be shunned by people if I tell them how I got those guys lol. Maybe I should make a poll?

But yeah, it's just kind of annoying that Nintendo makes those pokemon and presents just about no way to get them...I mean come on, one event per year or so? lol you have to be incredibly lucky just to hear about them. Seems fair to me, they cheat me out of a legendary pokemon, I cheat them back. :p

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    Hi all. SoulRed12 here. Just thought I should introduce myself...

I'm an Emerald player, hoping to get a DS and pokemon platinum soon. I've never played D/P so I figure I'll just start with that one so I'm not playing a relatively old game. lol.

Got a quick Q about hacking though...actually about "cheating". Does the majority of the pokemon community (in general, not just this place ;) ) frown upon getting the event pokemon (deoxys, mew, etc.) through action replay? Just curious, I don't plan to use it for anything else. I just don't want to be shunned by people if I tell them how I got those guys lol. Maybe I should make a poll?

But yeah, it's just kind of annoying that Nintendo makes those pokemon and presents just about no way to get them...I mean come on, one event per year or so? lol you have to be incredibly lucky just to hear about them. Seems fair to me, they cheat me out of a legendary pokemon, I cheat them back. :p

Welcome SoulRed,

Well on your question hacks can't be traded here you either get a warning for doing it or you could get banned.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2009
    thank u
    i apppericate that

...... this i kind boring do we just chat???

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    Welcome SoulRed,

Well on your question hacks can't be traded here you either get a warning for doing it or you could get banned.

Hey rellyms, well I'm not asking for a hack or looking to trade them, I'm just wondering if people generally frown upon getting event legendaries like deoxys through action replay. I can find the codes on my own lol. I guess I'll just make a poll about it to find out.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2009
    haha lol ............ im the quiet type...

.................................................................. :]

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i bored like compleatly

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2009
    Hiya Dudes!

Valtor here!

I've joined the forums as a guy who knows virtually nothing about hacking, recently acquired a bunch of tools (like Pokepic and Advance Map) and is testing stuff out to see where the limits lie. A lot of you guys seem to have similar interests, only you're probably miles ahead of me in experience. I am here to learn from you.

The question which brought me here, for anyone who has the answer, is this: how do you edit the main character picture for your Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire ROM? In other words, how do I turn Brendan and May into my own made-up picture, both for front and back images?

I've got all the tools to do this sort of stuff (I'm 95% sure, anyway), so I am PUMPED to go. Thanks in advance for any replies! I'm off to search for a section in the site where this may be discussed.

'Later dudes!
    -Valtor

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back