• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Users' Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.

pillzya

Leader of Team Warlock!
Years
  • Hello! I'm sorta new. I mean sorta because I've been lurking around the site for awhile..hahaha. I usually watch the hacked roms threads and hoping someday I might be able to do one myself. :D
    Same here :D nice to meet ya! it's not all that hard to get started, but it does take quite a bit of pratice, I can show you a little bit of what I learned if you would like.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    Hi I've started playing Fire Red again, chosen a Charmander but I just can't decide on which pokémon to catch first? Should I catch a pidgey or wait?
    What is the first pokémon that people generally catch first (with the intention of using it for the entire game)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Hi I've started playing Fire Red again, chosen a Charmander but I just can't decide on which pokémon to catch first? Should I catch a pidgey or wait?
    What is the first pokémon that people generally catch first (with the intention of using it for the entire game)

Welcome to PC. =)

Generally...I would catch a pidgey first, and keep with through the game since, well, for me its a great pokemon for Fly.

Incidentally, you can view the sub forum for Fire Red and the GBA pokemon games at this link.

But yeah, GL, and I hope to see you again. :3

SimonTheGodlikeTrainer

Godlike Trainer
    Years
  • Hello everyone, I'm new and also starting Fire Red again and I want to know peoples' opinions on what starter Pokémon to pick. It's either gonna' be Squirtle or Charmander for me.

If anyone wants to chat generally or about Pkm then just pm me/pm me for skype (:

Also, do people here use their PC to play Pkm or do they have GBA's?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Hello everyone, I'm new and also starting Fire Red again and I want to know peoples' opinions on what starter Pokémon to pick. It's either gonna' be Squirtle or Charmander for me.

If anyone wants to chat generally or about Pkm then just pm me/pm me for skype (:

Also, do people here use their PC to play Pkm or do they have GBA's?

Hello SimontheGodLikeTrainer. :3 And gawd, what a gawd like trainer you are!

Honestly? I'd choose Squirtle. Its easier for me in the first few gyms... @-@;

And well, I would use my regular gameboy or whatever; some of my friends just use the PC. :3

But in anycase; I hope you have fun. ^^
    And GL on Fire Red. ^_~

weeman10

Mr. Blue Sky
    Years
  • Hello everyone, I've just signed up to this place to talk about general pokemon stuff.

I'm reliving my days as a 6 year old coming home from school early to catch Pokemon on Sky One, by watching the episodes on youtube. Great stuff :)

Also, for you Fire Red people, I always find that getting charmander is the best option, as too many fire pokemon are quite far into the game for me. Ironically, I just started playing it again recently too :)

SimonTheGodlikeTrainer

Godlike Trainer
    Years
  • dude that's awesome! Same, I finished watching the Angel series (spin off from Buffy) and was thinking of something else to start watching and pokémon came into my head. After watching the first few episodes I thought I'd start playing it again myself! Although after reading both posts, it hasn't really helped because there's a vote for each pkm haha. Whereabouts are you in fire red man?

Also, if you like ELO that makes you even cooler. I'll add you as a friend!

weeman10

Mr. Blue Sky
    Years
  • I always have to be watching some sort of nostalgic television series of some kind, just to keep me happy :L I'm just off to Pokemon Tower I think, started playing sometime last week, and got my team of Charmeleon, Pikachu, Gyrados, Kadabra, Mankey, and Pidgeotto. Not that bad :L

Why else would I be Mr, Blue Sky? I'm surprised that someone else actually knows ELO to be honest :) happy about it at the same time. Gives me faith in humanity :D

zeroshin0

The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2013
    hello there im new here like all the other people here since that is the point of this but anyway i made this account just so i could download a rom but the more i was on here the more intrested i became so i figured why not try actully doing something on here

SimonTheGodlikeTrainer

Godlike Trainer
    Years
  • Yeah me too. I went from Scrubs, to Southpark, to Buffy, to Angel, and now to Pokemon (I mean every single episode) with a few films in between on weekends :D

Yeah I only know ELO through my Dad really but I like Mr. Blue Sky, Here is the news, Fire on high and evil woman a lot. Although, they're no longer on my iPod because I obsessively update it with new songs that I'm listening to and get rid of any old ones :p

hello there im new here like all the other people here since that is the point of this but anyway i made this account just so i could download a rom but the more i was on here the more intrested i became so i figured why not try actully doing something on here

Hey bro. I know, start Fire red with me tomorrow and we can chat on skype about progress etc. :D

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • hello there im new here like all the other people here since that is the point of this but anyway i made this account just so i could download a rom but the more i was on here the more intrested i became so i figured why not try actully doing something on here
    Hi, and welcome to PC. People aren't allowed to link to ROMs on here unless they want to get banned. So I suggest you Google it. And I'm guessing you're a ROM hacker if you are interested in ROMs? Then go to the Emulation forum. ;)

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2011
    Hey everyone I'm new here. I play Emerald, Firered, HeartGold and soon Black or White. I have played pokemon for about 6 years on and off so I know what I'm doing. Just happy to be here so...Hi!

Years
  • hey guys, hows it going. im new here and to forums in genral but im a long time pokefan :).
    ive been playing since the days of RBY and poket gameboys but have only really got in to training pokemon with consideration to stats/natures/etc recently. hope to meet people who share the same passion that doesnt seem to want to go after this long time, which im very happy about :)

psychic7hr33

Psychic Expert
    Years
  • *teleports* Hey everyone. New guy here, longtime fan of Pokemon. Looking for new friends playing SoulSilver/HeartGold and who can't wait for Black/White. Good to meet everyone! :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Hey. Nice to meet you. I guess you could say I'm a new user. I've been here before.

Nice to meet you. I guess I'm new. I have a history before this account on it.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • hey guys, hows it going. im new here and to forums in genral but im a long time pokefan :).
    ive been playing since the days of RBY and poket gameboys but have only really got in to training pokemon with consideration to stats/natures/etc recently. hope to meet people who share the same passion that doesnt seem to want to go after this long time, which im very happy about :)
    Welcome to PC! I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for pretty quickly. ^_^

*teleports* Hey everyone. New guy here, longtime fan of Pokemon. Looking for new friends playing SoulSilver/HeartGold and who can't wait for Black/White. Good to meet everyone! :)
    Hi there~ We've got lots of people who share those interests here, and dedicated forums to both the things you mentioned. :D Have fun!

Hey. Nice to meet you. I guess you could say I'm a new user. I've been here before.

Nice to meet you. I guess I'm new. I have a history before this account on it.
    And I'm sure I know you. Regardless, welcome back to PC.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • I am a new member as well :)
    I was wondering where I would be posting to talk about teams of pokemon for ingame.
    Thanks whoever answers :D

Hey, hey, heyyyy! Welcome! <3 [lol I fat albert welcome alot. >.<;]

Here you go; you can talk about in game teams at the In-Game Team Help sub forum. <3

Self-explanatory. <3

So yeah! Hope this helps!
    See you again. ^_~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back