• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Users' Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
    I didn't even know there were supposed to be slot machines. Eh, they're not really my thing, but I'm sorry it saddens you. I generally hate math, but I love the secret simplicity of Voltorb Flip. Though the luck factor I could do without. ;)
    Each game from Red to Platinum had slots in them, and yet they decide now that it makes gambling seem ok and take it out. Voltorb Flip to me seemed like a simplistic version of that old Computer Game, Minesweeper. It also seemed to take longer to gain up coins. Especially adding in the fact you can't even buy any coins, just seems to make those prizes alittle out of reach, unless you want to spend your life playing with that old man lol

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Been here for two days and I'm a Moderator! Nah, JK everybody.
    Let's not go around saying that, even if you were kidding. Okay? ^^ There are some members who have selective reading, and who knows what ideas they might get after reading that. XD;

Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!
    Of course, silly! Why else would we dedicate an entire board to welcoming new members? :P

Good day to you. o/

A friend "lent" me ... Platinum, I think ... about 4 years ago.
    ...but Platinum has only been out for less than a year in English-speaking parts of the world, and less than two over in Japan. D: Maybe you miscalculated just a bit, ne?

Either way, I'm incredibly addicted to Voltorb Flip. I found it a heck of a lot more entertaining than the slot machines they had in the Japanese version, but I do miss the ability to just buy coins. >:

Welcome aboard, you guys. If y'all have any questions at all, please feel free to contact either me or any other staff member. You'll find us lurking around in bold usernames if you haven't already. ;D See you guys around!

ThePinkDragon

Rawrtastic!
    Years
    Each game from Red to Platinum had slots in them, and yet they decide now that it makes gambling seem ok and take it out. Voltorb Flip to me seemed like a simplistic version of that old Computer Game, Minesweeper. It also seemed to take longer to gain up coins. Especially adding in the fact you can't even buy any coins, just seems to make those prizes alittle out of reach, unless you want to spend your life playing with that old man lol

I thought it was like Minesweeper, too. At first. But in fact, a little simple math and you can win the early games without the luck factor at all. I'm a math idiot and I've gotten to level 7 and won 700+ coins in single rounds past round 3. Only took me a few hours to make 12,000 coins. :)

...but Platinum has only been out for less than a year in English-speaking parts of the world, and less than two over in Japan. D: Maybe you miscalculated just a bit, ne?

Either way, I'm incredibly addicted to Voltorb Flip. I found it a heck of a lot more entertaining than the slot machines they had in the Japanese version, but I do miss the ability to just buy coins. >:

Welcome aboard, you guys. If y'all have any questions at all, please feel free to contact either me or any other staff member. You'll find us lurking around in bold usernames if you haven't already. ;D See you guys around!

I did say "I think". :D Must have been Pearl, then. Heck yes fellow Voltorb Flip addict!

Last edited:

AuraGaurdian

Protector of auras
    Years
    Hey everybody my names aura gaurdian and Im looking for some new friends!
    (considering Im kinda new myself so plez be my friend!)
    my favourite pokemon is lucario.
    and by kinda new I mean at least 6 days now but Ive still only got one friend....
    (no offense though Galukxys great)

XandY

PC's #1 Coldplay Fan!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2010
    Hey everybody my names aura gaurdian and Im looking for some new friends!
    (considering Im kinda new myself so plez be my friend!)
    my favourite pokemon is lucario.
    and by kinda new I mean at least 6 days now but Ive still only got one friend....
    (no offense though Galukxys great)

Hello AuraGaurdian, I'm X&Y. I'm new too, in fact, I just joined yesterday. If you want, I'll be your friend. I promise not to bite lol! :P

Whatup everyone?

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    Hey guys I'm Leo just joined yesterday, so far having a great time here on PC. If your looking to chat about pokemon or anything just hit me up always happy to make new friends.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
    Hi, hi ! So it's here for the newbies ??

Well then, Hi there peeps !
    Seems like a good forum you have here !! *waves*

Let's Pokerave around the world now, shall we ?!
    Anyways, I hope that I'll manage to have some new pokefriends on here ! FINALLY a place where we can talk of that non-for-baby-at-all game !
    I wish pokemons were real !

That's about it, see ya all ~

ThePinkDragon

Rawrtastic!
    Years
    Hi, hi ! So it's here for the newbies ??

Well then, Hi there peeps !
    Seems like a good forum you have here !! *waves*

Let's Pokerave around the world now, shall we ?!
    Anyways, I hope that I'll manage to have some new pokefriends on here ! FINALLY a place where we can talk of that non-for-baby-at-all game !
    I wish pokemons were real !

That's about it, see ya all ~

Welcome. :) I'm new around these parts too. Hope you like it as much as I do!

XandY

PC's #1 Coldplay Fan!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2010
    Yep, I already decided that I like it here :).

Ok, random question, but does anyone have the new Soulsilver/HeartGold Pokemon versions? I've been thinking about getting it, particularly Soulsilver, and I wanted to hear someone's thoughts on it. I already have all the 2nd Gen ones, so is it worth it to get the remake?

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years

Ok, random question, but does anyone have the new Soulsilver/HeartGold Pokemon versions? I've been thinking about getting it, particularly Soulsilver, and I wanted to hear someone's thoughts on it. I already have all the 2nd Gen ones, so is it worth it to get the remake?

Hi ! And yes, I have Soul Silver, and my sister has Heart Gold !
    If you liked the previous versions, then you'll certainly like those new ones, haha !
    I personally love the fact the pokemons can follow you, and the fact you can see Gold, Silver and Crystal pokemons and characters back in a new way ;D
    That's not to mention the gym leaders and all, it's a very good remake, you should try and buy it ;D

ThePinkDragon

Rawrtastic!
    Years

I have SoulSilver! I like it!

I did hear someone say HeartGold is "better" though, because it has more of the originals in it? But then again ... if you've played those ones already then maybe you'd like SoulSilver more?

Anyway - I dig it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back