• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Users' Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
Years
  • I had forgotten how nice and cute new members are! Welcome to the PokéCommunity. You all seem to be adorable. n_n I hope you have a great time posting on the forums. Let me know if you need anything, and I'm always up for making new friends. :D

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • ...and do NOT catch a Ninetails or Lucario. My friends need to be free.
    *throws a pokéball*

Hey its the murk. Im new to the forums but i have been playin since blue and red version :) im an elder lol
    Hey hey! We're always happy to have more veterans around!

...it makes the rest of us feel slightly better about being so old.

I guess the cool kids introduce themselves here? :3
    Only the Coolest! Buuut the Hangout can be used for much more than introductions. While you're new, it's pretty much the treading water before you step into the big pool that is the rest of PC. Feel free to ask simple questions, and make a few acquaintances. :D

I had forgotten how nice and cute new members are!
    Aren't they? o3o

Visit more often! D:

Welcome to the community everyone~

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    hey umm well im new to this and i'm looking for friends to battle trade and cook and just about anything:) so please umm trade friend codes?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Best place to get that accomplished would be over in the Wi-Fi Center, Franky. I don't know about cooking, but you'll definitely find people willing to trade and battle with ya over there.

If you want, I'm available to cook with you. I should warn you though, I burn nearly everything. :D

SoaringSomeone

Residential Sprite Slave
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2014
    Uh, hi! *waves*

I just signed up here, but I've always wanted to make my own custom ROMs. (No idea why it took so long to actually google a forum like this to begin it all)

Uhm, that's about all I have to say right now? Do you have any sort of advice for Newbies like me? (Erp, I'm a little awkward when it comes to these things...Sorry)

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    The Ninjas are coming! The Ninjas are coming!............For my cheese

Hi im pretty new the names Kirbycog i really wanted TheCuriousCog, but i forgot to jajaja. Soi have 1 question what do i do with ips files cuz i wanna play Pokemon LoG anyones help will be very useful :O

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Soi have 1 question what do i do with ips files cuz i wanna play Pokemon LoG anyones help will be very useful :O
    You have to apply that .ips file to a clean ROM file via a patching program. Lunar IPS can do this, for example. Once you do this, you can play the ROM file in your emulator. As for where you can find those ROM files, well, my best advice is to use Google. We... don't allow 'em here due to legality issues. :3

Hey everyone! Welcome to the community! :D

If any of you ever have any questions, I'm more than happy to help. Just send me a private message or a visitor message anytime. o/

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2011
    'Ello! I be Rely, Rely be I. I joined this site just today; although I've known about it and have gone on several times before. I realized a bit ago I need help making my games that can't exactly be fixed with youtube tutorials :P

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    'Ello! I be Rely, Rely be I. I joined this site just today; although I've known about it and have gone on several times before. I realized a bit ago I need help making my games that can't exactly be fixed with youtube tutorials :P

Oh really? D: Well we do have a Script Help thread, if scripting is what you're referring to.
    PC has no shortage of help of any kind that relates to ROM hacking or Game Development, so good luck, and welcome!

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2011
    *Has no idea what RXMP even is*

See, that's the kinda thing I'm looking forward too, new software I can actually use!

Right now I'm using PKSV as my main scripter.

*To Drew*

Thank you very much! I'll look into that.

Skiron

Skiron Skarmory
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    Heya I just joined well Just joined last night but hey! I love Pokemon and you can call my Ski or Skiron ^_^

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • hi i, new does anyone know how to download the hacks???
    Of course we know how. ^^

Simply go to the thread that hosts the hack you wish to play, and see if there's an actual beta released to the public yet. If so, download the .ips patch from the thread. Use a program such as Lunar IPS to apply the patch to a clean ROM file (we do not provide information on where to find those here, as the files themselves are less than legal - just use Google). Then, play the ROM file in your favorite emulator. Oh, and don't forget to post a nice little comment in the hack creator's thread. You know, to show your support. Just common courtesy...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back