• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The new Zelda game

BigBoss

Banned
Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Yeah,but they never mention anything from the prequels when you play, so you get the storyline. THAT'S what I meant. And I did forget about MM, that one I never really liked. And as for the monsters, some do look like what you mentioned, like Lizardflos (sp?) and Bokoblins, but Nintendo mentioned nothing, so they could be somthing diff. and I know there were connections, but not all, because most I got used or rented. They probly said in the manuals but I never got them. I beat most, but not all, and and I only know the storylines of the game, and it is usually like 100 year connection with 3/4 of them, so you CAN understand one that came recently and it's your first.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Toothache said:
    Er, any chance you could make those abbreviations into some form that are readable. Or just explaining them would be nice...

Such as:
    OoT = Ocarina of Time.

I know most of these, but what's HA? It took me a while to get that FS was Four Swords.
    LoZ = The Legend of Zelda
    AoL = Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
    ALttP = The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    LA = The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
    OoT = The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    MM = The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    OS = Oracle Series
    - OoS = The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
    - OoA = The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
    FS = The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
    TWW = The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
    FSA = The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
    - HA = Hyrulean Adventure
    TMC = The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Sorry about that. I've used these acronyms so many times that it just seems normal to me. In fact, I occasionally pronounce SOME of these acronyms in real life. For example, OoT is ōōt.

DarkLink said:
    Yeah,but they never mention anything from the prequels when you play, so you get the storyline. THAT'S what I meant. And I did forget about MM, that one I never really liked. And as for the monsters, some do look like what you mentioned, like Lizardflos (sp?) and Bokoblins, but Nintendo mentioned nothing, so they could be somthing diff. and I know there were connections, but not all, because most I got used or rented. They probly said in the manuals but I never got them. I beat most, but not all, and and I only know the storylines of the game, and it is usually like 100 year connection with 3/4 of them, so you CAN understand one that came recently and it's your first.
    FS is mentioned in HA, OoT is mentioned in the beginning of MM if I'm not mistaken, and OoT is mentioned in ALttP as well. But yes, the others are mentioned through the instruction booklets. Especially the LoZ and AoL connection since the in game text has very little relevance. "I AM ERROR!" No, you are not! You are Errol! Saying that you are Error is an error!

About the creatures: I did say that it was "speculation" and "guesses," didn't I? And it's Lizalfos not Lizardflos. The plural for any "fos" creature is "foses." So you may have been a little closer if you said "Lizardfloses." O_o

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 26, 2005
    I saw that movie a few months ago, a day after E3, I will definately get this game. I wasn't too keen on WW and it kind of put me off that this was a sequel. However, it looks like the Zelda series is going more down the OOT path again...so very promising. Has anyone got any idea of a release date for this game. I remember it being next year sometime but does anyone know roughly when?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Absol said:
    I saw that movie a few months ago, a day after E3, I will definately get this game. I wasn't too keen on WW and it kind of put me off that this was a sequel. However, it looks like the Zelda series is going more down the OOT path again...so very promising. Has anyone got any idea of a release date for this game. I remember it being next year sometime but does anyone know roughly when?
    IGN says June 1, 2005...as does EB Games. But summer isn't usually a good selling time. My best guess would be for the holidays...possibly November.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    May have blood huh? I doubt that. I know it will be more mature but blood? Nintedo would offically "grow up" if they did. Which is not likely.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • "Blades Will Bleed" means absolutely nothing. The Wind Waker's trailer said "The Legend is Reborn"; impling that it is a remake of the original game...which it wasn't.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • I read the first post, and although I can't verify it to you, the new game is in fact NOT a Wind Waker sequel, but more like a sequel to OOT.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Get the latest. Go to it's site, Mullet. and Pogiforce, you never know. ^^

Last edited:
    Back