• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The NFL Gridiron Football Club - Where Discussions Win You A Lombardi

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Considering they're ages - Allen 31 and Peppers 32 respectively - do you think that these two players can bring a lot to these teams?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    1. Michael Vick being signed by the New York jets; Mark Sanchez being cut and going to Philadelphia

I saw that coming @ Mark Sanchez. It was relevant that the paycut he was going to get wasn't worth it, so moving to a new team would be a better choice. Not surprised that he went to Philly.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    I would like to report what members of the Seattle Seahawks did last Monday. You know how the fans of the Seahawks are known as the 12th Man? Well, this past Monday members of the Seahawks headed to one of the areas affected by the Oso Mudslide and offered support by joining the relief effort. That is one way of giving back to their fans.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Chad Johnson just signed with the New York Jets. My god, could the Jets actually be a threat this year? At least they'll make the race for the AFC East a little bit interesting for once.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    WHUUUUUUUUT.

The Jets got really good (and most well known) players in their roster. We're well away from the new season to start and we're already seeing so many potential threats. omg ;;

Almost a few weeks left till the actual draft and I'm seeing lots of potential scenarios popping up. Houston Texans are officially desperate. [link]

Years
    Chad Johnson just signed with the New York Jets. My god, could the Jets actually be a threat this year? At least they'll make the race for the AFC East a little bit interesting for once.
    Chris Johnson, not Chad :p It should be exciting for Jets fans though, as they've now got a threat in both the backfield with Johnson, and at receiver with Eric Decker. The Michael Vick/Geno Smith tandem at QB may still be a bit of a question mark, but the rest of their pieces are looking pretty solid.

Speaking of Chad Johnson though, he did sign in the CFL today with the Montreal Alouettes. I doubt anyone outside of me cares about this, but it should be interesting to see how he does, as the slotback/wide receiver position is played a little bit differently up here than what he's used to.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    YO. BUMP.

NFL Draft starts tonight!! Anyone excited for it? Who will be the first pick? What are you guys hoping for?

sadly i'll be in class but i'll be following during then.

Years
    I'm at work during the draft tonight, so at least you won't be the only one missing out, Megan!

As for Houston's #1 pick, I'd be shocked if they didn't take Jadeveon Clowney to play alongside JJ Watt. Actually, looking at a couple of mock drafts, it seems everyone else feels the same way, so I'm guessing that taking anyone else would be the wrong decision for them. For my Chiefs, they don't have any real holes, but just a few places they could use some upgrades. I wouldn't mind us taking a WR or defensive back at #23, with Marquis Lee probably being my top choice (if he isn't gone yet).

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Watts and Clowney would be nasty together, I wouldn't want to go up against that. I would be surprised if Clowney didn't go first. The bigger question is whether the Rams with the second pick will go for a quarterback like Blake Bortles. Considering that Sam Bradford has been inconsistent and doesn't seem to be the answer in St. Louis, it might good of that franchise to bring in a little competition for him (as well as think about their future instead of staying as a middle-of-the-pack team.)

EDIT: Well, 1 for 2 ain't bad. Clowney went #1 and OT Greg Robinson went #2. Which makes sense; as much as I think the Rams should go with a quarterback, the Rams have bigger needs that need to be full filled.

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    For the draft, I will be watching the picks made by the Buccaneers. They made an interesting choice in the first round by picking Mike Evens. Now I have to wait to see who they will pick in the upcoming rounds.
    How do you feel about them picking a WR? He might not have been the best WR on the table, but looking at the depth chart of the Bucs, besides Vincent Jackson it doesn't look like you have any "go-to" guys, and it looks like Josh McCown could use all the help he could get.

Years
    It looks to have been an interesting first round of the draft, and I'm surprised that I predicted both Manziel to the Browns and Bridgewater to the Vikings, albeit at different slots than they were selected. I hope for the sake of Browns fans that Johnny Football turns out to be a good pick, and doesn't become the next Colt McCoy, Brandon Weeden or Brady Quinn (incidentally, the latter two were taken at 22nd overall as well- Quinn in 2007 and Weeden in 2012).

As for the Chiefs, I've got to say I'm disappointed in our pick of Dee Ford. I don't think I saw him projected in anyone's top 40, and with our next pick coming at 87, the last thing we needed was another hybrid d-line/linebacker while we still have Justin Houston, Derrick Johnson and Tamba Hali ahead of him on the depth chart.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'm pretty impressed with the Saints' overall pick of WR Brandin Cooks. Seems like they're building one MONSTER of a team. Y'all better be afraid.

My Steelers got a pretty awesome player in the first round! Ryan Shaizer is a speed demon of a linebacker, so imo that'll back up the Steelers so well.

Haven't watched today's draft though. To be quite honest I was quite skeptical as to why it took a while for Manziel to get selected in the first round. I figured he'd be one of the first ones.

Years
    Overall, I'd say the Chiefs had a below average draft, at least as far as team needs are concerned. We didn't draft a single receiver to take the load off of Dwayne Bowe, and we didn't address our offensive line holes until near the end of the draft. I'd say that we got a couple of steals with CB Philip Gaines in the 3rd round, QB Aaron Murray in the 5th and OL Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (a Canadian!) in the 6th, but none will be starters for a few years barring injury. So between the less than solid draft, and the lack of free agent signings so far, I'm a bit disappointed with the what the Chiefs have done this off-season. But hey, they proved a lot of people wrong last year, and I can only hope they'll do the same going forward.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Wow, I need to check this section more often.

The Eagles had a decent draft. It's often overshadowed by Marcus Smith in the first round, but realistically, they got a guy who could've been a first rounder in Jordan Matthews later, so it was a wash for me. They shaped up the defense quite a bit so I think they could make quite a bit of a difference this year.

Years
    Definitely signing up for this! I'm a huge fan of of the game.

Who is your favorite NFL team?
    Grew up in Dallas, Texas, so got to rep the Cowboys. I've been rooting for them for a while, but recently it's been pretty tough, as you all probably know. :/

Who is/are your favorite NFL player(s)?
    Dez Bryant plays with an immense amount of passion and has untapped superstar potential. In the past two years, he has utilized some of that to become an explosive #1 WR for the 'Boys. Aside from that, even with the loads of controversy surrounding him, what Richard Sherman does on the field is simply hard not to respect.

Who would you like to see in next year's Super Bowl? Winner?
    If we're talking realistically, I could see the Seahawks making a reappearance, and the AFC side could have the Patriots. However, I'd like to see the Cowboys make a run and defeat the Colts. Andrew Luck has done something really special in Indianapolis these past few years he's been in the league.

Back