• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
  • Day 3 - My First Dead Pokemon. Hooray. And I cheat a little.

Okey dokey, so I left Oreburgh after my victory over Roark yesterday. I had been checking out Echo the Zubat and accidently had him at the front of my party. I encountered a wild Psyduck in Oreburgh Gate and long story short - I foolishly tried to fight, it scored a critical and Echo fainted. Meaning Echo gets the (dis)honour of being my first dead Pokemon in this challenge.
    Anyway I went to Jubilife where I tagged with Dawn against a pair of Galactic Grunts. I had a close call when they reduced Starlight to red health, although I won on the next turn with Quick Attack. That levelled Starlight up to Lv14, meaning he evolves into Staravia!
    So I headed north and battled the random trainers up to Floaroma Town. And guess what happened in Ravaged Path? I encountered a Shiny Psyduck!!! So I captured it. Okay, I know that's cheating since I already captured a Pokemon here, but in my self-defence, that was only the second shiny Pokemon (other than Red Gyarados) that I've ever encountered (the other was a Carvanha on Emerald while I searched for Feebas). To keep in the spirit of the challenge, I immediately traded it off to my Diamond cartridge and released the Pokemon I recieved for it.
    Anyways, I got a couple berries around town and then headed over to Valley Windworks. I really wanted a Buizel (because as you can see in my avatar, I freakin' love those things). Unfortunately I ran into a Pachirisu instead first. I named it 'Not Buizel' in my annoyance. I then scrambled around the area, beating up various Galactic Grunts until I could access the Windworks. Also, I honeyed up a tree in Floaroma Meadow. I'll report the Pokemon I encounter there in tomorrow's update.
    Inside the windworks, I quickly dispatched the Grunts, healed and challenged Mars. Starlight took on her Zubat and took it out, but not before being badly poisoned. I switched into Chimster and took care of Purugly with a couple of Mach Punches. She chucked a spaz at Charon and then Team Galactic pulled out. I headed up Route 205, capturing Shelly the Shellos.

My Team
    Spoiler:

Pokemon in Box
    Spoiler:

Dead Pokemon
    Spoiler:

Areas failed to catch Pokemon: Route 202

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2014
    This looks pretty cool, I'm thinking of starting one of these challenges in FireRed.

Quick question though, does a cave count as a single route or is every floor a seperate route? In other words, can I capture only a single pokemon in an entire cave, or one per floor?

Cheers!

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    This looks pretty cool, I'm thinking of starting one of these challenges in FireRed.

Quick question though, does a cave count as a single route or is every floor a seperate route? In other words, can I capture only a single pokemon in an entire cave, or one per floor?

Cheers!
    Cave = Route

That means once you catch a pokemon in the cave thats it.No catching from other floors if you caught a pokemon already

For my Progress:
    Volknor was swept by the Dynamic Duo of Terror and Ursula.

Time for the Elite Four

Aaron was swpt by Rapid enough said.
    Bertha's Wishcash gave my Dragon Dances and I swept fer with Koi
    Same as above but with Flint's Houndoom

Lucain is gonna be a little bit harder in my eyes Psychic is the most threating type in this region.And Lucain has all the good ones.Espeon is fast and has really good Sp.Atk,Same with Alakazam.Bronzong has the highest Defences in the Region if I recall correctly.And Gallade is hell on earth,all of his attacks has a high Crit Ratio and is at a really high Level

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • Update #3 - I officially hate double battles.

So first up today I went back to Floaroma Meadow to check the Honey Tree I placed honey on yesterday, hoping for a Munchlax, Aipom or Heracross. And I get a unevolvable male Combee. Seeing as he can't evolve, and would only ever use him as my absolute last chance at this challenge, I named him Utter Fail.
    Anyway, I continued to train up Chimster, Starlight and Psy Aye Ay as I headed up Route 205 and reached the Eterna Forest.
    Okay, let me start off here by saying that I officially hate double battles. Because they're undprectiable and you can gang up on anyone, a single Pokemon of mine usually gets ganged up on. When I did a practice run for this about a week ago, TWO of my team members got wiped out in that battle with two Grunts in Jubilife. Anyway, I made slow progress through the Eterna Forest. And if Cheryl hasn't been healing my team after each fight, I never would have made it through. I had a couple of close calls, but I always switched before any of my Pokemon could be killed (I learned my lesson with Echo.) And my big capture for Eterna Forest was... a Cascoon (Ana). Yay. At least it has evolutionary potential though, unlike a certain male Combee...
    I headed onto Route 205 and shortly after Eterna City! I talked to everybody and picked up some stuff, including HM01 from Cynthia. I saw my rival and Cyrus at the Pokemon statue and I met a boy who wants to trade a Buizel for a Chatot (Buizels are more awesome than a Chatot will ever be!). At the Name Rater's House I renamed Chimster, Fernonator, in honour of its evolution. And I got the Explorer Kit and did all the underground tasks. I headed east to Route 211. I encountered a Meditite but I beat it with a crit so I just pounded the trainers. Anyway, there weren't any major Galactic or Gym fights this time, but now I'm all set to take on the Eterna Gym.

My Team:
    Spoiler:

Pokemon in Box:
    Spoiler:

Dead Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Areas Failed to Catch Pokemon: Route 202, Route 211.

shot571

Havent had time do much today.I now have:
    LV15 luxio
    Lv12/13 turtwig
    Lv 2 Bidoof.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • Update #4

I headed over to the Eterna Gym and quickly kicked the butts of the gym trainers using Psy Aye Ay and Starlight. I went back and healed before beginning the match against Gardenia. She started with Turtwig while I started with Fernonator. Flame Wheel + Critical Hit = Roasted Turtwig. Next came Cherrim. I finished it off in two Flame Wheels, but it did manage a Leech Seed on me. Next up was Roserade. It kept healing whenever it was weak and Leech Seed continually sapped my health, but it eventually fell too. And that was that - the Forest Badge was mine after a Fernonator sweep.
    Next stop was the Galactic HQ. I kicked Grunt butt all the way to the top floor where I met Jupiter, the secodn Commander. She attacked with her Zubat. Psye Aye Ay rose to the challenge and used Confusion. That's when she used Giga Drain... and scored a crit. Thankfully my next Confusion also critted and Zubat went down. Next up was Skuntank. Psy Aye Ay was on red health so to keep it alive I switched to Fernonator. He landed couple of solid Flame Wheels, but Skuntank healed with a Sitrus Berry and lowered my accuracy with repeated Smokescreens. I switched to Starlight, who got Screeched and Night Slashed to yellow health. I switched back to my final hope, Fernonator. He took Night Slash like a beast before countering with a critical Flame Wheel. Skuntank was weak so I finished it with a Mach Punch. The bicycle guy thanked me, Jupiter left and Cynthia awarded me with my fourth team member - a Togepi egg.

My Team:
    Spoiler:

Pokemon in Box:
    Spoiler:

Dead Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Areas Failed to Catch Pokemon: Route 202, Route 211.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Lucian was another DD Sweep.

I sent out Terror against Mr.Mime to use Stone Edge while he was using Reflect.Then I switched to Koi because I know from previous Runs if use a Rock move against Mr.Mime he will switch to Bronzong and he did.Then I used Bronzong as DD Fodder and Won.

Time for The epic Showdown.I hope no one dies.

EDIT:

Beat Cynthia.All I needed was to Set Up DD's on Spiritomb and Cynthia was a Cake Walk,I had to teach Koi Stone Edge.I'll post a pic of the Hall of Fame later (I'll take a pic of it from the PC) But my Challenge isn't over yet.There's still Stark Mountain and the 2nd Comming of the E4

So let's do it!

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    i just started a Nuzlocke run on diamond and I have a few questions?

Can you revisit an area?
    Can you trade a trade-evolving pokemon that you own to another ds then immediately trade back after. Simply for the purpose of evolving your pokemon?

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Urg, I have terrible news everyone. During my next mission, my DS happened to shut down on the spot after being in sleep mode for three straight days. Not sure how to put this other then...

GAME OVER Yeaaaaaaah!

And so, Nuzrick's journey ended prematurely. Will this be the last we will ever hear about our hero, or will he revisit an old region for an adventure renewed? Find out next time, on:

Nuzrick's NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE!

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    i just started a Nuzlocke run on diamond and I have a few questions?

Can you revisit an area?
    Can you trade a trade-evolving pokemon that you own to another ds then immediately trade back after. Simply for the purpose of evolving your pokemon?
    You can revist an area but not catch any ´pokemon.

And yes to the Trade evos

I may not be the OP but I know a thing or two about Nuzlocke-ing (seeing that I finished the E4)

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    k, well here's my progress so far.

Lv. 11 Agent Lex-SHINX
    Lv. 11 Brady-STARLY
    Lv. 16 Kazzy-Monferno (lol, i used him to PWN roark the others need training)
    I should have caught more pokes but i got lazy.

Badges earned:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread

Time to go to floaroma, I should probably get a Budew or something. I hope Mars Purugly doesn't KO my peeps.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • Update #6

Sorry 'bout the lack of updates over the last two days - I've been really busy. Anyway, I started off buy spending about 20 minutes hatching the Egg I got from Cynthia in the last part - it was a female Togepi. I gave it the Soothe Bell and spent another 40 minutes or so on my bike around Eterna City, till my Pedometer said I'd gone 25,600 steps. This would have sufficently raised Togepi's experience, so I then gave it a Rare Candy and it evolved! Yay! I headed south down Cycling Road and then back up Route 206. I encountered a Ponyta, which I killed, before entering Wayward Cave. I encountered a Gible, which I happened to catch with my final Poke Ball (and named Sharkie). And guess what? It was another female. Meaning my party was now a harem of five female Pokemon. I'm not overly fussed about my Pokemon's gender, but if the next one isn't a guy, I'll be mad.
    Anyway I explored the second entrance of Wayward Cave, got TM26 Earthquake, and prepared to enter the regular entrance for the Mira sidequest.

Pokemon on team:
    Spoiler:

Pokemon in Box:
    Spoiler:

Dead Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    lol, u did not find a gible on ur first try!

can u only use honey trees once btw.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • lol, u did not find a gible on ur first try!

can u only use honey trees once btw.

Believe it or not, I actually did. Although according to Pokearth on Serebii, they have a 20% encounter rate - so it was a only a one in five chance.

The way I'm doing it, is if you encounter a Pokemon through the trees, that counts as your Pokemon for the route. So you can only catch a Honey Tree Pokemon if it's your first encounter for the route.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2010
    Alright this is going to be my first challenge but i hope i do alright haha :) im doing it on SS so lets start this nuzlocke game!

- started the game and remembered how much i hate not having running shoes -_-
    - chose myself a totodile :) and named him Conrad
    - rose him to level 10 and beat my rival.
    - caught a hoot-hoot at lv 3 and named her limpy
    - caught a rattata at lv 4 and named him Chuck
    -caught a geodude at lv 2 in dark cave and named him geopebble
    - grinded a lil and rose all my pokemon to at least lv 8
    - entered violet city and proceeded to the bellsprout tower
    - A GHASTLY!! lv 5. YES! then i realized all i have is normal moves and water gun which belongs to my lv 10 Conrad -_-
    but i gotta get it. so my Limpy used Hypnosis to put him to sleep the water gun..........barely anyhp left! threw a pokeball aaaannnndddd... CAUGHT!
    named her Neona :)

------Current Team-------
    Conrad *Tododile* lv 10
    Chuck *Rattata* lv 8
    Limpy *Hoot-Hoot* lv 8
    Geopebble *Geodude* lv 8
    Ghastly *Neona* lv 6
    --------Dead---------
    None
    ------------------------------
    And on a lil sidenote. since im pretty new anyone have any advice? :D much ablidged *tips top hat*

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Believe it or not, I actually did. Although according to Pokearth on Serebii, they have a 20% encounter rate - so it was a only a one in five chance.

The way I'm doing it, is if you encounter a Pokemon through the trees, that counts as your Pokemon for the route. So you can only catch a Honey Tree Pokemon if it's your first encounter for the route.

your pretty lucky, anyway that sucks for me because I wanted a Munchlax with has an encounter rate of about .00000001 when you use honey trees.

Alright this is going to be my first challenge but i hope i do alright haha :) im doing it on SS so lets start this nuzlocke game!

- started the game and remembered how much i hate not having running shoes -_-
    - chose myself a totodile :) and named him Conrad
    - rose him to level 10 and beat my rival.
    - caught a hoot-hoot at lv 3 and named her limpy
    - caught a rattata at lv 4 and named him Chuck
    -caught a geodude at lv 2 in dark cave and named him geopebble
    - grinded a lil and rose all my pokemon to at least lv 8
    - entered violet city and proceeded to the bellsprout tower
    - A GHASTLY!! lv 5. YES! then i realized all i have is normal moves and water gun which belongs to my lv 10 Conrad -_-
    but i gotta get it. so my Limpy used Hypnosis to put him to sleep the water gun..........barely anyhp left! threw a pokeball aaaannnndddd... CAUGHT!
    named her Neona :)

------Current Team-------
    Conrad *Tododile* lv 10
    Chuck *Rattata* lv 8
    Limpy *Hoot-Hoot* lv 8
    Geopebble *Geodude* lv 8
    Ghastly *Neona* lv 6
    --------Dead---------
    None
    ------------------------------
    And on a lil sidenote. since im pretty new anyone have any advice? :D much ablidged *tips top hat*

I would reccomend trying to catch a mareep on the route south of Violet.
    Anyway not having running shoes makes me wonder, wtf are they wearing that makes it impossible to run, stilettos?!?

Last edited:

shot571

Alakazam lv 16
    Grotle lv 23
    Luxio lv 18
    Magikarp lv 7
    Zubat lv 4
    Geodude lv 6

I plan on getting everyone to a reasonably similar level apart from magikarp who i will train later on.
    I have a spare shinx.
    One dead pokemon which is bidoof and accidentally killed a starly.
    I have just gotten the first badge.
    Dont say youre not impressed ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back