• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rew_s11

ERROR 404
Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016
    - remember to pick up porygon,named V1RU2
    - traded and trained it
    - got riolu egg
    - revenge and lady gaga evolved
    - pwned jupiter and mars.My pokemon 1-2HKO them

Scyther uses x-scissor
    a critical hit!

sheila fainted!

OHKO
    hax,hax,hax

will traine brine later
    - caught sneasel,named ChompKill
    - rooney evolved
    - reached snowpoint
    - traded rooney
    - caught snovel,stored
    - beat candice
    sneasel: agility then 2HKO with signal beam
    abomasnow: 2HKO with signal beam,V1RU2 has left with low health
    froslass: switch to lady gaga in blizzard,it frozze me(desfrosted next turn)
    double team x flame wheel for 5 turns
    piloswine: switch to staraptor in stone edge(tought she would use Earthquake)
    but it misses.Switchback to rooney,her earthquakes did small damage too me
    Hammer arm for 2HKO(3HKO due to heal)
    Team:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Moti's Nuzlocke Challenge: Episode 12
    "Let It Die"

Prologue
    Wow. I had so much free time today. I'm going very solid in this run, up to the Rocket Radio Tower event and no casualties! This is great. :P

==============
    Previously...
    "For now on, your Quilava will be named Hamish..."
    "Moira, Rock Smash!"
    "Noooooo! My Miltank! Waaaaah!"
    "Whoa... Did this tree just attack me?!"

==============
    The wild tree attacked! It was a Sudowoodo, who almost destroyed my Quilava... But was then chained and caught by my Pokeball. The lady behind me was impressed and gave me some berries.
    Moving on, I got to Ecruteak. Walking to the PC and attempting to heal, I met up with Bill. He said I should come back to Goldenrod for a surprise, and so I did...
    I got an Eevee, and named her Slania. She might be a pretty good backup if something happens to Phanton, for she is planned to be an Espeon.
    Now, returning to Ecruteak... The gym was closed. I went to find the Gym Leader... And he was in the Burned Tower.

"Eww, this place stinks..."
    "This place contains a very ancient past! Also, down there, lives the 3 legendary dogs, Raikou, Entei and Suicune! Oh, by the way, I'm Eusine. I'm planning to catch Suicune."
    "Ehh, good luck with that... I'm just here to get to the gym leader and... Wait, is that Renzo over there?!"
    "Humph! A weakling like you bothering with such Legendary Pokemon? You don't deserve this honor. Go, Gastly!"
    "Why must we always do this the hard way... Go, Gento!"

Gento only needed two Extrasensories to take Gastly down. Then came Magnemite, whom I swept away with Quilava. He then sent out Croconaw, who fell short before my Karina. Then, Zubat got taken down by Gento as well.
    And he evolved. Gento became a Togetic!
    Renzo then left, and I climbed down the ladder. The legendary beasts have awakened! Suicune seemed to have an interest in me... Then Eusine came, said some stuff about his maniacal obsession, and then left. Morty was gone as well, and so I went into the gym...
    Needless to say, Phanton swept the entire gym away, and evolved into Haunter. I then evolved it into a Gengar and taught it some new tricks. And so I was ready to fight Morty.
    The battle was incredibly easy, though Morty's Gengar landed a critical Sucker Punch of Phanton, but he survived. Fourth badge, get!

Next up, I headed right to get HM04 Strength from a Hiker. I went back to Ecruteak and saw a Team Rocket member disturbing a Kimono Girl. I battled him, and then that guy gave me HM03 Surf. But I have no water Pokemon whatsoever... Oh well, moving on!
    To the left, I found a Meowth in the new route. Caught and named Malik. Battling some more trainers along the way, I trained Karina enough so she evolves, and she became a Gloom.
    And then I reached Olivine City. Renzo kept jibbering, but then left. This city was surrounded in water, and I knew that was when I get myself a water Pokemon. But how, exactly...?
    There was this fisherman who kindly gave me a Good Rod. I then went near the SS. Anne entrance and pulled my rod. I caught a Krabby. Whew. At least not a Magikarp...
    He's named Eugene and is now replacing Orbital because Hoothoots suck. I taught it Surf and Strength then moved along the way.
    I reached Cianwood city and found Suicune again. He escaped, and the stalker came again and battled me. His Drowzee and Haunter were swept away by Phanton, and Electrode got a Magnitude 9 by Moira. Heh heh.
    I transferred a Shiny Stone over and evolved Gento into a Togekiss. I also taught it new tricks as well, and it is now a very vital powerhouse...
    But let's keep going. I entered the Fighting Gym and swept everyone away, including Chuck, with Phanton. I love this guy :D
    I then got HM02 Fly, which I taught to Gento. Next up, it was the Lighthouse. In there, I found Jasmine who wanted me to bring a Potion to heal Ampharos.
    I got it, and she returned to her Gym. She was pretty easy, but Steelix almost killed Hamish, luckily the Flame Wheels got him a burn and then he fell down. And the sixth badge is now mine!

Moving on, I went to the Lake of Rage and caught the Red Gyarados, before it killed my entire team. I then met up with Lance who helped me destroy Team Rocket in their base. Failed to catch an Electrode, but oh well. I then defeated Pryce, and watched my Hamish evolve into the phenomenal Typhlosion. I knew it won't end the same.
    Then, Elm called me and said there's trouble going on in the Radio Tower... I then took down everyone in there, and Petrel was incredibly easy - Gento's Extransensory destroyed his entire team with 1 hit. I then went into the underground basement and Renzo showed up, aching for a battle. His team was easy as pie. Also, Eugene evolved into a Kingler.
    I took down some more rocket grunts in the way and found the director. He gave me the key to move on.
    I went up the stairs... And Proton was there. He wanted a rematch, and lost epicly. I then met up with Archer, their head commander. His team was swept away as well. He then announced that Team Rocket is disbanded and moved off... I then got the Silver Wing. What's it good for? Will it help me answer questions of the past...?
    I then moved on to the right from Mahogany for my last gym...

...Meanwhile in the Kimono House...
    "Moti is so powerful... So strong... I don't think he deserved it..."
    "That was his fate... He has to take on Lugia. I'm sure it will help him with many of his questions..."
    "I don't know. Is he really capable of taking on Lugia...?"
    "Only one way to find out..."
    "Sisters, let's not forget that plenty of Pokemon died because of him. Then again, he's doing just fine and he's taking very good care of his Pokemon now, but I'm skeptical..."
    "Just stop it. We'll call him while he's ready... I'm going to Ice Cave."

TO BE CONTINUED.

Party

Spoiler:

Dead
    None so far!

COMING UP NEXT ON EPISODE 13: Blackthorn City and Lugia. I'm not gonna take the Elite Four until my entire team is in the mid forties.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • It's been ages since my last update, mostly thanks to computer problems. But that's all fine now, so without any futher ado...

Last Time
    -Explored Snowpoint Temple and Turnback Cave.
    -Defeated Flint and Volkner.

I started out this time by beating the living snot out of every trainer in the routes between the Fight, Survival and Resort Areas. I then got given a Villa, explored every nook and crany of that island, and did some intense grinding. I captured some new Pokemon along the way, too.
    I eventually headed up to Stark Mountain, where I met up with Buck, and encountered Team Galactic, under the crummy leadership of Charon. Mars and Jupiter wanted rematches, so it was on!
    Mars used her Golbat, while I led with Fernonator. He was first to the draw with Confuse Ray, but one Thunderpunch and the bat Pokemon went down. Next came Bronzong. I chanced keeping Fernonator out, but he just hurt himself in his confusion, allowing Bronzong to use Light Screen. Fernonator then snapped out of confusion and pummelled Bronzong with Flare Blitz. The recoil took him to about half health as Mars sent out Purugly. It looked mean and scary, but fell to a single Close Combat. But there was no time for rest, with Jupiter up next.
    Once more, it was Fernonator vs Golbat. I knew Golbat would be faster and with Fernonator already weak after the scuffle with Mars, I decided to take the safe option and switch to Harmony. Golbat used Air Slash, which took out about a quarter of Harmony's HP. Harmony responded with a Flamethrower which almost took out Golbat. Golbat used Sludge Bomb, taking Harmony to half health and poisoning him, although another Flamethrower finished Golbat (looking back at it, I probably should've just used Extremespeed, but oh well). Next came Skuntank, and Harmony took poison damage. I switched to Riptide. It spammed Poison Jab while I spammed Surf. At the end, Riptide was at half health while Skuntank was down. Last came Bronzong. Riptide struck with a swift Surf. Bronzong tried to fight back with Extrasensory, but it was too little, too late, as another Surf KO'ed Jupiter. Seriously, after the Elite Four, did these two really think they could beat me?
    Mars and Jupiter fled, and Charon headed further into Stark Mountain. Buck teamed up with me to progress through and I did some serious grinding on the way to the core. I got there, watched Looker arrest Charon, and left. Afterwards, Buck invited me to the Battleground in the Survival Zone, an invitation I gladly accepted. I took down Roark, Volkner, Cheryl and Maylene easily as training before heading off to Victory Road.
    I met Marley, an emo girl, and her Arcanine helped me progress through the new area of Victory Road, where I did some more grinding. I beat everybody on Route 224 (killed a wild Gloom) and hit a dead end.
    And that leaves one thing left to do: the second coming of the Elite Four.
    Again, there'll probably be a couple day break as I do some grinding against wild Pokemon and trainers at the Battleground.
    NEXT TIME: The final update! After some intense grinding, I take on the Elite Four once again!

Will any of my team members pass on to the great beyond???
    Will I win?

Team
    Spoiler:

Box:
    Spoiler:

Dead:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Moti's Nuzlocke Challenge: Episode 13
    "The Human Equation"

Prologue
    This chapter contains the Blackthorn City Gym battle, and all the way until the Lugia battle. Also, a loss of a team member, who fought in honor...
    I'll be grinding in the next few hours. I wouldn't want the E4 to take down my team.

==============
    Previously...
    Moti took down the Ecruteak, Cianwood, Olivine and Mahogany gyms. He then found himself troubled with team rocket, twice. With Renzo in the way, this task was not easy, but Moti managed to destroy team rocket once and for all. He then proceeded into Ice Path and moved onwards into his last Gym battle. Little did he know, he was putting an unavoidable fate to one of his team mates...

==============
    Right before moving on, two of my team mates had yet to reach their final evolution form. I traded Moira over and evolved her into a Golem, and gave her a Leaf Stone to hold. I traded her back and gave the Leaf Stone to Karina, and she became a Vileplume.
    I taught Eugene an Ice move, so I'll have an easy time against the next gym. In Ice Path, a Swinub was caught. But what would that mean...?

"I have a bad feeling, guys..."
    "What's wrong, master?"
    "It's just that... I haven't lost any of you. Since the beginning of this journey. I just don't know what will happen if I lose any of you guys..."
    "Don't worry master, you won't lose us!"
    "Thanks Eugene, I knew I could count on you guys... Let's go."

We swept away the trainers with ease. Karina used Giga Drain on the Horseas/Seadras and Eugene took care of the Dratinis/Dragonairs. After some puzzles in the lava, I met up with Clair, the gym leader.

"You remind me of Cynthia. I don't like Cynthia."
    "Deal with it. I am nothing like that Cynthia, whoever that is... I am a dragon master! If you think you are strong enough to face my Dragon Pokemon, then challenge me!"
    "I wouldn't have been here if it wasn't for challenging you. Let's do this."
    "I haven't lost in years. There is no way I'm gonna lose now! Go, Gyarados!"

...Well, crap. A Gyarados. The only one on my team that knows an electric move is Hamish. Let's hope this goes well...
    But it did! Two Thunderpunches and the Gyarados became history.
    Next, was her... Kingdra. That monster.
    I sent out Phanton. Kingdra outsped me, but used Agility or something. I then used Hypnosis and put it to sleep. After a few Dream Eaters and Shadow Balls (she kept healing), that Kingdra became history.
    Then came out her Dragonair. I sent out Eugene. Her Dragonair was faster, and used Thunder Wave. I managed to land an attack on it, bringing it down to less than half HP. She then used Dragon Pulse, taking my HP down to almost red... But Eugene landed a hit and defeated the Dragonair.
    And what do you know? SHE HAD ANOTHER ONE. At this point I knew Eugene would've died if I'd try to attack, so I used a Hyper Potion. The Dragonair used Fire Blast, that barely did anything. I landed another attack.
    And then that Dragonair did something I wouldn't even think is possible.

"It's time for your Kingler to become history."
    "No way! I'm not done with you yet!"
    "Oh yes... You are. Dragonair... Dragon Pulse."

Moti was shocked. Astonished.
    "N-no... Eugene... This can't be..."
    "Master... I'm proud to have earned your trust..."
    Eugene fainted.

"Hah. Look at that. Such a weak Pokemon."
    "You're right... You're not like Cynthia... You're worse than her. Karina, destroy that Dragonair... Sludge Bomb!"
    "What?!? No!! My Pokemon... How could've I lost? T-this... can't be... no..."
    "At least you can get to the nearest Pokemon Center and heal them. My Kingler, however... is gone for good..."
    "I had no idea that's what happened... In that case, I'm sorry for your loss... But I can't just give you the badge yet. You must go to the Dragon's Den and do the test..."
    "How dare you test me after you killed my Pokemon?! Whatever, I'll do your stupid task..."

Saddened, Moti told the elder how he feels about Pokemon. A Kimono Girl was watching his honest, true answers.
    Apparently, I passed the test with compassion... Claire was shocked that I passed and gave me the badge, finally... That means I have eight badges and am now eligible of taking on the Johto League.
    ...But at what cost?...

R.I.P Eugene, Lv. 20-34.

The Elder said I should come back some other time, he might have a surprise for me...
    But however, as I got out, Elm told me to come back to his lab. He gave me a Master Ball. Again...
    But what should I use this on? I can't catch legendaries. That would be breaking the rules...
    Elm said I should go visit the Kimono Girls in Ecruteak City. I went there, and Renzo was mad because he lost to them. He pushed me away and ran off to I-don't-care-where.
    I then entered the Dance Theater. I battled the Kimono Girls, won them all and got a Tidal Bell. They said Lugia has awakened in the Whirl Islands... Lugia, huh?

I went to Whirl Islands and found my way to a gigantic cavern with a waterfall. The Kimono Girls were there. The Tidal Bell rose up from my backpack and started shining, along with the two other golden bells in that cave. A giant roar and an earthquake could be heard, and a huge creature came out of the waterfall with a mighty roar.
    It was Lugia.
    It awaited me.
    I moved closer, and then...

"You must be Moti... And you're probably wondering why you've been sent here..."
    "Well, yes... Where are my other Pokemon, too..?"
    "Red has them. He didn't steal them from you... Rather, he's keeping them for you until you learn your lesson..."
    "What the hell? Who's Red? Where is he?"
    "Red is the champion of Kanto. He's at Mt. Silver. He seems to have been there for years now. And he's only waiting for you..."
    "So I've only been sent here to visit some kid on a mountain? What is this nonsense?"
    "No, not quite... You've been sent here to learn a lesson... Your Pokemon. Do you really value them? Why do you let them die, then? Look at Eugene, he just had the same case as your Derpa!"
    "They fought in honor, and it was apparently their destiny... Who sent me here anyway?"
    "The legendary Pokemon that have been watching you. Giratina, Uxie and Azelf has fallen because of you. The world is in Peril and you don't even seem to care. I've had enough chat, it's time for you to learn a valuable lesson!"

Lugia attacked. I sent out Phanton. It striked me with an Aeroblast, but got hit by an Hypnosis. I used Shadow Ball twice. Lugia was already exhausted...
    "What are you waiting for...? Catch me!"
    "No... That would be breaking the rules..."
    (lol Nuzlocke reference)

Another Shadow Ball hit Lugia, and the beast has fallen into the water, unconscious.
    I left the place angered. I didn't want to hear this. Now, all I wish for, is to visit red.

"I can't wait to wipe the smile out of Red's face..."

TO BE CONTINUED.

Party

Spoiler:

Dead
    Spoiler:

COMING UP NEXT ON EPISODE 14: Grinding, Victory Road and Elite Four battle!

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I'm making a Nuzlocke comic right now for HG, the art's pure crap but I'll try and make it funny, I have the first one posted on the nuzlocke boards, in my comic Red is my brother and he gave me a book about Nuzlocke before he left

Alright well, All the trolls on the Nuzlocke Forums thinks these are SH!t so I posted em here.

Episode 1: https://s980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/CKmaster/?action=view&current=001-3.jpg
    Episode 2: https://s980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/CKmaster/?action=view&current=001-5.jpg

ENJOY!!!!!!!

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • I thought I would try this, I started earlier but wrote it all in a word document as I went along, I thought I would post it one town at a time

Name: Andy
    Rival Name: Koschei

Progress:

· Ventured to the Lake with the rival, who I named Koschei
    · Picked Piplup to help battle one of the two Starly that attacked us
    · Left the lake and ran into the Professor and his assistant who both left for Sandgem town, informing us that we should go to the lab there
    · Returned home to speak to the mother, who told me who the professor was and where I could find him so I decided to leave for Sandgem town
    · Headed to Sandgem town, battling as many pokemon as possible on the way.
    · I ran into Dawn who took me into the lab where I spoke to the professor who allowed me to keep the Piplup, he also asked if If I wanted to give it a nickname, after 5 minutes of thinking of a name I called it WaterKing.
    · Obtained the Parcel from Koschei's mother and headed out to Sandgem town, I will soon be able to catch my first random pokemon, I wonder what it's going to be
    · Healed my pokemon at the pokemon centre in Sandgem Town and headed out to the next route, I am going to get the standard "how to catch a pokemon" rubbish out of the way then catch my first pokemon
    · And typically the first pokemon I ran into was Bidoof, oh well I've caught it anyway and will head on to Jublife City, I also nicknamed the Bidoof Teeth.
    · I've decided to keep Bidoof (Teeth) in the PC for now as a backup incase WaterKing dies, I also may use him when I need someone to learn cut
    · I arrived in Jublife City and healed at the pokemon centre after speaking to Dawn

My next update will come when I defeat Roark, or when I get game over lol

Team:

Spoiler:

Box:

Spoiler:

Dead Pokemon:

Spoiler:

Edit: After reaching Oreburgh City I found myself enjoying the game with the team I had gathered (I usually plan every pokemon on my team) so I am withdrawing from this challenge for now, I'll be back another time when I want to attempt it again

Last edited:

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • Update #22

It's been a while, (again...), but now its time for the final showdown: Cynthia 2.0. I know I never got around to updating with my progress through the rest of the Elite Four second time around, but I actually did this a couple days ago and I can't remember much of what happened. No one died (Riptide came close against Flint, with 3HP remaining) and my team was fully healed and ready for Cynthia. Well, ready as its possible to be when you're underlevelled.
    The battle began just like the last: Riptide VS Spiritomb. I set up an Aqua Ring and six Double Teams while Spiritomb just couldn't land a hit. Two quick Surfs and he was finished. Next came Garchomp. This thing looked dangerous, but I wasn't unduly worried. His Dragon Rush missed and I struck back with Ice Beam, killing him on the spot. Roserade was also dispatched with an Ice Beam. This is when things went disasterously wrong.

Lucario used Aura Sphere
    Critical Hit!
    Riptide fainted!

Riptide, the Eevee that has been with me since way back when, in Hearthome City, was dead. My first major team member to die since Lady Spook, Rocky and Iron Wall. Keeping Riptide in was my first major mistake. I was about to make my second one.

Dia: Dammit... Riptide's gone... Who do I send in...?
    Fernonator: Allow me, master. I shall avenge Riptide!
    Cynthia: Heh... Lucario, use Earthquake!

Fernonator was now on red health.

Dia: Fernonator, you're at your limit!
    Fernonator: ...And that means my Blaze abillity is just what we need to finish off Lucario.
    Dia: You're... using Flare Blitz... It'll kill you!
    Fernonator: Heh... It was fun... We had some awesome times. Lucario! Prepare to be Fernonatored! Flare Blitz! Graahhhhh!!!
    Dia: Nooo...

Lucario fainted!
    Fernonator fainted!

Riptide was dead. Fernonator was dead. All thanks to Cynthia. One things for sure. This jerk was going down!
    SoulSister and Milotic were next. Milotic spammed Surf, Soul spammed Calm Mind. After a while, one Thunderbolt finished Milotic. Finally came Togekiss. But it Milotic couldn't take a Thunderbolt, neither could Togekiss. Soul took an Air Slash, before ending with Thunderbolt. The battle was over. I had entered the Hall of Fame. Again.

But this time, at a cost. R.I.P Riptide. R.I.P Fernonator.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    And that was about it.

This was, without a doubt, my toughest run ever through a Pokemon game. Now I'll prob trade my remaining team to my Pearl (I keep all my team Pokemon from other games on this cartridge so they aren't deleted when I restart this Platinum cartridge).

I had a lotta fun doing this, and it was a good challenge. Good luck to everbody else doing this challenge - hope you don't lose too many team members.

Well I'll prob start another challenge soon, but:

Pokemon Platinum Nuzlocke Challenge: Complete!

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Diablerie, do HG.

Here's what I have on HG so far, too lazy to do the run info.

A lv. 21 Croconaw named Jordan-M
    A lv. 20 Zubat named lil twist-M
    A lv. 17 Oddish named Marley (I named it after Bob Marley if you can guess why :) F
    USELESS CATERPIE AND GEODUDES
    And a suprise that I will not say yet

Years
  • Congratulations on finishing your Platinum run. We both lost two members in the E4, only you lost them later on and I did earlier. You should definitely do either HG or SS now. :)

As for me, not much to update. I'm right before the victory road with my level 35-40 team. I can't really be assed grinding right now. I've also discovered the Randomizer code (changes wild encounters to any possible Pokemon), I decided to attempt Nuzlocking HeartGold with the code and I'm having too much with that.
    Guess I'll continue my SS run some other time. :P

Years
  • Well I haven't been posting due to me being on vacation. Though I did get a little farther then lost all my star players to the second commander. I'm gonna give it a go on HG.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • Congratulations on finishing your Platinum run. We both lost two members in the E4, only you lost them later on and I did earlier. You should definitely do either HG or SS now. :)
    Diablerie, do HG
    Well I really wanted to do the random Pokemon challenge on Heart Gold, but I really want to this too, now. But I only have a single Heart Gold cartridge.

Random Pokemon or Nuzlocke? Hmm... -head blows up-

Well I've already applied for a team on the random challenge, so I'll do that first. I really want to do a HeartGold nuzlocke run, so I'll be back for that once I finish my Random Pokemon run.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Yeah, I might as well join this challenge. I deleted my old Pearl file and this seems like an extreme challenge. Also it'll be especially difficult for me considering I hardly know the Sinnoh region, considering Pearl is my least played of all games.

Name: Kanto_Johto
    Game: Pearl

Will post first update later.

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    EVERYONE MAKE NUZLOCKE COMICS!!!!!!!!
    Just 1 is all I ask!

Comic From the Epic Battle Vs. Morty Part 1 (actually it was complete raep but epic battle sounds better)

I had to do it, I had to pull that card. I know Nuzlocke already did Batman-Joker, but I had the Perfect Pokemon for it, this is as far as I'm taking the Batman-Joker saga though.

Last edited:

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • First update!

So, as I prepare to take on the infamous Nuzlocke challenge, I have to sit there for 5 minutes and wait for the long and lame beginning to finish. Named myself KJ and my rival Douche. Douche rambled on about fining me a stupid amount of money. Lame joke was lame.

Anyways, after Douche followed me to Lake Verity, I chose Turtwig and was finally able to start the challenge.

Got the Pokedex from Prof. Rowan and proceeded to grind Turtwig up to level 9. I bought 10 Pokeballs from the Mart and was given 5 from Dawn (which was a nice surprise for me, since I don't remember this game all that well, being my least favourite Gen of all). I'd already missed out on catching a Pokemon from Route 201, since a Bidoof attacked me before I even got the chance to buy any Pokeballs.

Anyways, I ventured out into Route 202 to catch my first Pokemon. And what came up? Yep, you guessed it. A Bidoof. God ****ing damn it.

After catching the Bidoof and attempting to grind it, it fainted at the hands of a critical hit king Sphinx.

Once I'd beat the handful of trainers, I made it to Jubilife city with a healthy Turtwig, now on level 11. At this point I realised that I'd totally forgotten to nickname my Pokemon. Not really too much of an issue though, considering Turtwig is the only non-nicknamed Pokemon still alive. I'll nickname him once I get to the Name Rater.

Having finished the stupid clown game and aquiring a Poketech, I decided to take the East exit from Jubilife to catch another Pokemon on Route 203.

And then Douche shows up. Great. I only have one Pokemon to battle him with, and I hadn't even healed it yet. Nonetheless, I managed to beat him, using 1 potion in battle. Turtwig grew to Level 12.

So I hit the grass straight away. At this point I was literally begging for a worthwhile Pokemon. Sphinx maybe? Starly at the least?

Nope. Guess who:

Seriously, I literally raged. I caught it and nicknamed it 'Herp' because I knew that by the time I got to Route 204, the game would troll me again and give me another Bidoof, which I would nickname Derp to complete the phrase 'Herp Derp'. I was right. The first Pokemon I met on Route 204 was another stinking Bidoof.

So I grinded Herp and Derp to Level 7. Derp seems to be performing better than Herp. Herp nearly fainted against some wild Sphinx twice.

Party

Herp the Bidoof
    Level: 7
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl

Derp the Bidoof
    Level: 7
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl

Turtwig the Turtwig (will nickname once I find the Name Rater)
    Level: 12
    Attacks: Tackle, Withdraw, Absorb

Dead

Bidoof Level: 7

That's all for now. I might update again tonight. If not tomorrow.

Last edited:
    Years
  • You could always try and play with the Dupe Clause. It's an additational rule that disallows you to catch the same species of a Pokemon you've already caught before, even if it's dead or it's evolution.
    (If you already caught a Bidoof at Rt. 202 and find another one in Rt. 203 you can skip it and get the next encounter you get).
    Just thought I'd point that out since getting stuck with 4 Bidoofs and 7 Geodudes could get frustrating. :P

As for me updating, I'll update once I beat the E4, currently either grinding or.. not playing at all... Too much things to do.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Well, once they've evolved I'll probably deposit them and keep them as reserves incase one of my new Pokemon faints.

Edit: Woooaaaaahhhhh, hold the phone! Bibarel is part Water type?! Everything went better than expected!

Also, just out of curiousity, why are people posted their HG/SS challenges in here?

Last edited:

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • 2nd Update

Resuming my challenge, I aquired an Old Rod from the Fisherman, and caught a Magikarp with it, which I nicknamed Kurp. But I couldn't be bothered to grind it. So instead I just deposited it in box 1 as a backup.

I then headed through the Oreburgh Gate. I didn't meet any Pokemon the first time I went through, so I whipped the trainers and arrived in Oreburgh City...

...To find that Douche beat me to the first Gym, having already aquired the badge! FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Jokes aside though, I went to the mine to move his ass out of the way. First Pokemon I met there was a wild Zubat, so I caught it and named it Bautz. I've never owned a Crobat before, so I was quite happy with my new Pokemon.

I returned to Route 203 to grind Bautz. On the way (through Oreburgh Gate), I met a Geodude, which I caught, seeing as I hadn't seen a Pokemon on my first time through, and nicknamed Edud. I grinded Bautz and Edud to level 9. Edud was considerably easier to train up, considering it's offensive attack didn't do next to nothing like Bautz's. Oreburgh mine was my next stop.

After dealing with the trainers at the mine and talking to Roark (how are you supposed to pronounce that name?) I headed to the Gym, and mauled the trainers with Turtwig. Roark was pretty easy too, but I had to deal with a couple of inconveniences due to his Onix 'avoiding' some Razor Leaf attacks.

Nonetheless, I won my Coal Badge and headed straight back to Jubilife, and took the East exit from Ravaged path (which, obviously, is the only exit I could possibly take).

Beat the trainers preceeding Floaroma Town without a problem. First Pokemon I met on the way there was Bidoof. Needless to say, by this point I was through with catching Bidoofs, and just ran from the bastard.

Once I made it to Floaroma town, I immediately headed for Route 205, to deal with the Team Galactic Grunts. First one went down easily. The other two at Floaroma Meadow were also a piece of cake. Then I headed for the Valley Windworks.

Unfortunately, I was totally unaware of the events that were about to transpire.

The Grunts inside were a piece of cake. Then came Mars.

At this point, my team was made up of 5 pokemon - Herp and Derp the Bidoof brothers, both on level 11, Edud the Geodude at Level 12, Bautz the Zubat at Level 11, and Turtwig the Turtwig at Level 16.

Her Zubat was easy. Unfortunately, it Poisoned Turtwig with Toxic, so I withdrew it. Derp took care of it instead. Then, her Purugly. Even the mention of that stupid Pokemon's name makes me wretch. Here's why:

She took Derp down to Yellow health, which was on the edge of becoming Red, with a critical hit Scratch. I immediately sent out Edud. Then I find out it knows Faint Attack, which took Edud down to Red health. Great.

I sent out Bautz, and one critical hit Scratch later, Bautz fainted.

I attempted to take it out with Derp, which knew Rock Smash. No such luck. Purugly was too quick for him, using Faint Attack. Derp fainted.

Then I thought it would be a good idea to send out Edud again. Purugly used Scratch. At this point I thought "Great! This will only do about 2HP damage. One more Rock Throw might be enough to take it out!". Nope. Scratch took it down to 0HP, without even landing a critical hit.

All I had left was Herp, who had been taken down to Yellow Health from one of the Grunts earlier on, and a poisoned Turtwig. I sacrificed Herp's turn to heal Turtwig with an Antidote. Purugly took out Herp in no time.

Turtwig was my only hope. The only Pokemon I would have left alive if the unthinkable happened would be Kurp the Magikarp. But even that wouldn't have been able to defend itself, with it's only move being Splash. So technically it would be Game Over.

But guess what? In a complete turn of events, Turtwig finished Purugly with a critical hit Razor Leaf.

The battle was finally over. I was relieved, but couldn't believe that I had just lost almost my entire Party.

I healed Turtwig at the Pokemon Centre and deposited my fallen comrades into box 18 (instead of releasing them, just so I can keep a record of their data).

I went out to Route 205 after mourning. You hardly need to guess at this point what Pokemon I found first.

Yeah, Bidoof. I caught it and nicknamed it Herpderp, in memory of his older brothers' passings.

After defeating a couple of trainers on Route 205, Turtwig finally evolved into Grotle.

And after all that, I saved in Floaroma town. I'm pretty pissed that I lost Bautz and Edud. Edud was easy to level up, and Bautz was hell for the opposing side, thanks to Supersonic. Nevermind. I'm sure I'll come across another Geodude/Zubat eventually. How rare can they be? ;)

Party
    Spoiler:

Box 1
    Spoiler:

Dead
    Spoiler:

That's all for now folks! (I'm currently finding out how to spoiler this lot, so give me a few minutes!)

Edit: Spoilering was successful!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back