• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
    Decided to try this Challenge on a Pokemon Red ROM. Dunno if I'll make it through all the way before I get distracted by B/W, but here goes!

I decided to write a journal of what goes on, except instead of through my view… Through the view of the trainer, Red. Except not in journal format, exactly. More like to letters to his friends back home.

Spoiler:

Caught:

Spoiler:

Deceased –

Spoiler:

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    Yo, I'd like to start a challenge in Emerald. (I'll be using a Moemon mod, but only the sprites have been changed.)

Rules:
    1. Catch first Pokemon, yada yada.
    2. Repeats are only caught if the first one dies.
    3. Healing items outside battle only for the Elite Four.
    4. Nicknaming everything!

I may try making comics for this - it depends how utterly bored I get.

Started my game.
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Started with Mudkip, saved the Professor's butt, and kept the Mudkip as payment. He sent me on some quest to find his errant offspring.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

....Guess I'm not getting Pokémon from those routes...

Current team: Umibouzu the Lv. 8 Mudkip.

Last edited:

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
    Update 17:
    -It's grinding time! *cues epic grinding music*
    -Having got bored, I decided it was time to head to the pokémon league!
    -It's Locke! Him and his damned Charizard have been the cause of the deaths of a number of my pokémon. It's time for revenge!
    -I opened the battle with Dinobird, and Locke used Pidgeot. Two Ancientpower's were enough to see Dinobird victorious, one of which gave Dinobird a handy stat boost. :)
    -Next, Locke sent out Gyarados and... YES! YES! YES! A crit Ancientpower saw one of Locke's most dangerous pokémon off in one hit!
    -Next was Rhyhorn. I switched to Mophead, who was able to get the win with a Giga Drain.
    -Exeggcute was next, and time to switch back to Dinobird. Two Aerial Aces later, and Dinobird was victorious.
    -Next Locke sent out Alakazam. I decided to try an Ancientpower, which took about a third of Alakazam's HP. I then went for a Fly, but Alakazam blasted Dinobird with a Psychic which put him in the red. Alakazam used Foresight, but Fly was enough to take Alakazam out! Locke was down to his last pokémon!
    -Finally was Charizard... the cause of the death of a number of my pokémon. I had to be careful here. I switched to Headache, who was hit by a Wing Attack on switch in. I got a Surf in, but the Future Sight knocked Headache down to 2 HP! I switched to Bubbles to save Headache, and a Surf proved enough to take out Locke's final pokémon! I had beaten Locke without losing any pokémon at all!
    -Now it was time to head to the pokémon league! I can hardly wait...
    -Why hello there officer, why yes I do have the Boulderbadge!
    -Another officer? Yes I have the Cascadebadge...
    -The Thunderbadge? Yes...
    -This is TEDIOUS!

Party:
    Spoiler:

Stored:
    Spoiler:

The Fallen Heroes:
    Spoiler:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I can't Believe it! Going out on the same age I started on :( .3rd time was obviously not the charm.

Well I took down Cyrus easy enough. Then I went to Canalave where my rival's Floatzel crits Lyn with aqua jet KOing her. He then swifts and Quick attacks Lois killing here with a Crit.
    So I get Lisa and Helen out of my Box only to have Lisa get Crunched be a floatzel and Die. She was then replaced by Manford (Marill) I trained both of them up to 35 and took on the gym eveything was going fine untill I battled the Ace trainer with the scizor. It Crit X-Scissor's Manford and Emma Killing them. Apparently he iwas faster than Craig as he Critted with Slash Killing him as well . Athena a now Noctowl was ended with a Slash and Auron a newly evolved Gengar was KO'ed with another Crit X-Scissor. I was absolutely baffled by this I had seen more Crits in this 20 minutes than I had throughout my whole playthrough it seemed. But now with no-Pokemon able to learn Surf and no Pokemon able to train outside Canalave I must drop out of the Nuzlocke Challenge. I hate Critical Hits !!

marcc5m

what
    Years
    More Emerald stuff.

Spoiler:

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Surfing the net:

Kicked the Bucket:

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Hey look, I'm back from the dead!

I will try this on Platinum, following these rules:

1. If a Pokemon Faints, its dead, release it.
    2. No healing at PokeCenters (Poor Nurse Joy shouldn't have to work for no pay)
    3. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    4. You must nickname all of your Pokemon (optional, but highly reccomended)
    5. No catching legendaries.
    6. Trading is disallowed, but the reasons following this clause are allowed. Egg trading is okay, same thing with Pokemon that can't have eggs. (optional) Trading simply for the purpose of evolution is perfectly OK.
    8. Make Comics whenever something amazing happens. (optional, but still reccomended :I) This is pretty much the whole reason I'm doing this XD

Will update as often as possible, but I lost my DS and have to use my brother's, so we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Unfortunately I can't post my comics here, because they're inappropriate, but if you want to see them, go to Deviantart and look for Nuzlocke Diamond Challenge by BlazeDGO.

-Named myself Kira because I'm unoriginal and have to use a name from Death Note
    -Named my rival L for the same reason
    -Got my starter, Piplup
    -Kira defeated L
    Spoiler:

-Named Piplup "Fluffy"
    -Bought some Pokeballs and Potions only to discover that Dawn gives you 5 Pokeballs for free <_<
    -Will catch Fluffy's first teammate in the next update

Kira's Team:

Fluffy the Piplup
    Lv 7
    -Pound
    -Growl

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Sorry all that were reading my story, due to way more school work than I anticipated (and Gen 5 coming out here in about 2 weeks), I'm probably not going to continue on with it. I might make it into a comic later however, but I'm definately not 100% sure.

I'll update here, but leave it spoilered.

Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Departed:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    -Caught a Bidoof (yay HM slave) and named him Hurf
    -Defeated L again. Turtwig's Withdraw took a great toll on Fluffy's PP for Pound.
    -Caught a Starly and named her Ace
    -Fluffy KOd a Zubat in Oreburgh Gate before I could catch it. I hate training those things anyway.
    -OK I forgot about PP when I made the PokeCenter rule, so until I'm able to get PP-ups, I'm able to use the PokeCenter, except all my Pokemon have to be completely healed before I do.
    -Caught a Geodude; named her Rox
    -Fluffy destroyed Roark and evolved!

Kira's Team:

Fluffy the Prinplup
    Lv 16
    -Pound
    -Growl
    -Bubble
    -Metal Claw

Ace the Starly
    Lv12
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Quick Attack
    -Wing Attack

Rox the Geodude
    Lv5
    -Tackle
    -Defense Curl
    -Mud Sport

Hurf the HM Slave Bidoof

No one's died yet!

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    I plan on starting a Nuzlocke through FireRed.
    Rules: If a Pokemon faints, release it, and first Pokemon per area, blah blah blah. I will also nickname. No rules against healing, shop use, etc.

Also, question: Is each Safari Zone area it's own area? Just in case I need a few party members, as well as the many different species in there.

Another question: Can I take both Lapras and one of the Hitmons, or pick just one of them?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2016
    So I'm totally new to this, but I see people posting about their Nuzlocke logs, would it be alright if I post my Nuzlocke vids? Me and this other dude are totally making a let's play on youtube, we're already about 11 episodes in, and it'd be cool if people actually watched :o

Of course, there's cursing, so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do a warning here or if I'm just now allowed to post it (if its the second, you can delete it, as I said, I'm new to this :P).

Oh, and sorry for a lot of the obscure references (mostly the nicknames), we reference this one forum we got to a lot since they're pretty much the only people watching this :P

Oh, and the game is the hack Rijon Adventures which I'm sure a lot of you are already familiar with, and who made it.

Here's episode 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzBG4L8RxUM&hd=1

If you guys think it's good, I can keep you guys up to date or something :o Or you can delete it because its so crappy and all that, that's cool too

Mandatory Rules:
    1. If a Pokemon faints, you must release it as soon as possible.
    2. If all your Pokemon faint, you must start over.
    3. You must nickname every Pokemon you catch.
    4. You may only attempt to capture the first Pokemon you encounter in each area, route, cave, city, etc. If you don't catch it, tough ****.

Optional Rules:
    1. You may not use any items (Potions, Antidotes, etc.)

I KNOW WE DIED IN THE BEGINNING IT WAS A JOKE
    :P

Oh and if you want me to explain a reference (like the Rival's name), I'll be happy to explain, it'll probably still be confusing but whatever :P

Last edited:

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
    I plan on starting a Nuzlocke through FireRed.
    Rules: If a Pokemon faints, release it, and first Pokemon per area, blah blah blah. I will also nickname. No rules against healing, shop use, etc.

Also, question: Is each Safari Zone area it's own area? Just in case I need a few party members, as well as the many different species in there.

Another question: Can I take both Lapras and one of the Hitmons, or pick just one of them?

In answer to your questions:
    1. In my run, I counted the Safari Zone as one area, but I guess it's down to you how you do it. There's no defined 'correct' option, so whichever feels right to you.

2. This one I'd say you can only get one of the two, as Saffron City is only one area. One area=one pokemon

Hope that helped :)

Cheyron

Starting out
    Years
    I love your challenge buddy. It's awesome and will definitely be a challenge.

I'll try my best to apply all of the rules but I'll probably fail with nicknaming my pokemon, haha.

Going to do this on Red. :)

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
    Years
    I'll start the Nuzlocke challenge and here's my sign up form:

name: heLLkitsune
    ingame name: heLL15
    game: Pokemon Leaf Green
    rules: 1. If a Pokemon Faints, its dead, release it.
    3. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    4. You must nickname all of your Pokemon (optional, but highly reccomended)
    5. No catching legendaries.
    6. Trading is disallowed, but the reasons following this clause are allowed. Egg trading is okay, same thing with Pokemon that can't have eggs. (optional) Trading simply for the purpose of evolution is perfectly OK.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Poké
    mon Leaf Green

Chapter #1: Team heLL15, GO!

Woke up early in the morning to play NES a little more. I was thinking that today will be an usual day in the Pokemon world, I couldn't have imagined what was in front of me.
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    (Our hero, ready to begin the journey of his life.)

I went out to go to the grocery store when some old geezer stopped me. He introduced himself as Profesor Oak. I know that we live in the same Town, but I've seen him two or three times the most. I have never talked to him and now, BAM! He just gives me a free Pokemon. How awesome is tha.. Wait a minute. There's a catch behind all this, isn't it? What?! He wants me to go travelling around and beating the s*** out of other Pokemon trainers?! How troublesome is that? Well, I got a free Pokemon. I have chosen a Water type pokemon and called him Donatello because it reminds me of a Teenage mutant ninja turtle. While I was going out to get to know my pokemon better, Gary stopped me and forced me to battle. I'm gonna kick his arrogant a**. I don't like this guy at all. When we were little kids, he always got the toys I wanted, he always got the girls I wanted. Urgh. Donatello go! How strong Donatello is, he almost got beaten by Gary's Bulbasaur. Lucky for me that I have withdrawn a potion from my PC back at home. I moved on with my new friend and I went south to Viridian City. Went into the grocery store A.K.A. Pokemart as I first intended to go, when the salesman asked me something really strange: "Are you from Pallet Town?" Cmon! I buy stuff in there every day and you ask me that? Why are you asking something when you know it? Anyway, he gave a parcel I had to take to prof. Oak. On the way home I encountered my first wild pokemon. It was the biggest (and the first) Rattata I have ever seen. I said to myself: "Just calm down heLL15, do it exactly as the manual says. First, weaken the Pokemon, DONE. Then catch it with a pokeball, DON... NOOOO." I couldn't catch it because I didn't have any pokeballs with me. Well, that's it for route 1. Gave the parcel to prof. Oak and then he gave me and Gary a Pokedex. Oh, and he gave us 5 pokeballs, too. Gary was talking something about not giving me his Map, but I didn't listen. Then I went into Gary's house to see his sis Daisy. She gave me a map of our region. Isn't that nice? Was that because of my charme? or Is she in dept to our family? or Has she a crush on me? I think it's the latter. She's acting strange in my presence. Yeah! That must be it. Anyway, I continued my journey and went to route 2 to catch my first pokemon. A pidgey appeared. Thought again "Just calm down heLL15, do it exactly as the manual says. First, weaken the Pokemon, DO.." You must be kidding me! Why in the world did Donatello attacked with a critical hit. Ah, well, there goes my 2nd pokemon I could've had. Went further north into Viridian Forest to try my luck there. In the first patch of grass, I have encountered a Caterpie. "Don't blew it again, heLL15" - I said to myself. after 15 minutes of struggling (more 15 seconds, but whateva) I catched my first pokemon! It was Mr. Smith the Caterpie. After the imense battle, I returned back to Viridian City to restore my Pokemon's health. Then I went west thinking something important was there. And it was. It was route 22 and a new pokemon! I caught a Mankey and named it Banana. after acquiring my starting team I trained them untill they were Lv. 10. Funny thing happened while I was training. Mr. Smith evolved, twice.
    The Nuzlocke Challenge The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge The Nuzlocke Challenge
    (Mr. Smith's evolutions)

I was ready for a battle and then I remembered seing Gary lurking behind a bush in route 22, waiting for a trainer to battle him. My powerhouse, Mr. Smith, beat the hell out of his weak pokemon. Full of confidence, I went to Pewter City to challenge the first pokemon gym. It was said that it was a rock-type gym, so it was best suited for Donatello. I was facing Brock the gmy leader in a heated battle full of exciting moves and decisions... Just kidding, it was easier than I thought. Brock's Onix cried for mercy because Donatello was just no match for them. It was getting dark outside so I went to bed. It was a long, long, long day and I needed a rest, because tommorow, my journey in Kanto continues!

The Nuzlocke Challenge
    (It shows Donatello, looking cool and winning the first Pokemon gym.)

Badges obtianed:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Team heLL15:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Donatello Lv. 14
    Sassy Nature
    Torrent
    - Water Gun
    - Tackle
    - Withdraw
    - Tail Whip
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Mr. Smith Lv. 12
    Timid Nature
    Compoundeyes
    - Confusion
    - Tackle
    - Harden
    - String Shot
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Banana Lv. 12
    Lax Nature
    Vital Spirit
    - Karate Chop
    - Scratch
    - Low Kick
    - Leer

Boxed/Day cared Pokémon: /

Deceased: /

Encounters:
    Spoiler:

Please tell me if the font is unreadable and sry for my English, but I try :P.

Last edited:

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
    Years

The Nuzlocke Challenge

The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Pokémon Leaf Green

Chapter #2: Feels like I found my pot of gold

After a long night of sleep, I continued with my journey through the rough world known as Kanto, with more enthusiasm than ever. I stood up early in the morning to move on as early as possible, because I was so psyched about catching new pokemon and stuff like that. Had a quick breakfast, picked up my stuff and headed east, out of Pewter city. There was a man standing on the passage and waiting for somebody. I was sure that it wasn't me, but on my suprise, he was looking just for me. Am I really that important?? Anyway, he gave me some Running shoes and there was a letter from my mom attached to them. I was always wondering, why on earth can't I run and I got my anwser here. You have to have specialy made shoes for running, how stupid is that? While I was conserned with something as uninportant as these shoes, some trainers appeared and wanted to battle me and of course I kicked their pokemon('s a****). I found myself in a new route with new pokemon to catch. I saw something pink in the first patch of grass. I thought it was a baloon or something, but then it began to sing. I almost fell asleep because of that lullaby but my sheer will stopped me from ruining my catch. It was the cutest little pokemon I have ever seen. It had two big eyes as shiny as a shiny Caterpie, a little mouth as sweet as honey and I wanted to be my. To my luck I caught it. It was a Jigglypuff later named Blob. We have a new teamate. I continued to the end of the route which led me to the entrance of Mt. Moon. Near the entrance is a pokecenter. I healed my pokemon and then a mysterious man catched my eye. He was selling a "special" pokemon in the middle of nowhere. On top of that, it was a bargain. He was selling a Magikarp for only 500$. I didn't want to buy it because the man looked suspicous and Magikarp indeed is a "special" pokemon, if you know what I mean. Without further slaking, I went into Mt. Moon and found an interesting pokemon. I encountered a Zubat which has been flying around me and waiting for the kill. I caught it and named it Dracula, although it is a female Zubat. After countless of hours running through Mt. Moon, I was near the entrance but then two fossils caught my eye. And of course there's someone to ruin my party. I had to fight a nerd to take only one fossil. Come on! I won. Doesn't that mean that I get both of the fossils?! Bad luck is following me step by step. Anyway, I got out of Mt. Moon and there were two men doing air kicks and air punches (Wierd, isn't it?). But then they explained me that they can teach my pokemon some cool moves. So, Donatello learned Mega Kick and Blob Learned Mega Punch. Oh yeah, I found a Moon Stone inside Mt. Moon and evolved Blob. I continued walking and finaly got to Cerulean City. In the city there was a big bridge called the Nugget Bridge. Gary was standing at the beginning and I battled him. He is such a weakling. There were a lot of trainers to battle on the nugget bridge and at the end I got a nugget. Isn't that great? Encountered two Caterpies in routes 24 and 25. Caught the first one and I was out of pokeballs to catch the other one. Went east and got to a strange house with some strange computers in it and a strange pokemon. And suddenly, I heard someone talking, but there wasn't anyone in there, only a strange looking clefairy. I thought to myself that I was insane and then I heard again a human voice. I couldn't believe my eyes. The Clefairy was talking to me. I helped Bill (the Clefairy) to get his human form back and he gave a S.S. ticket. After some chit chat and a visit to my facebook page (got 3 new notifications, f*** yea!), I went back to Cerulean city to beat Misty, the second gym leader. Then I remembered that I missed route 4 and I went there to catch a new pokemon. I encountered Miguel the Sandshrew. Because Miguel and Dracula were low in levels, I trained them, and while I was training something godly happened.
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    (Austin, the Godly Caterpie)

Yeah that's right, I encountered a shiny Caterpie. It was the coolest looking pokemon eva, I mean, come on, who on earth has a golden Caterpie?? It was a pleasure to beat the crap out of it. I was cold blooded while killing it. After the lucky encounter, I beat Misty with the power of my shiny hunting pokemon. And that was my second succesful gym battle.
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    (Aquiring a TM from Misty)

After beating Misty and healing in the pokecenter, I battled a member of Team rocket, who gave me the TM Dig. I thaught those technical machine(or whatever they are called) to Blob (Water Pulse) and Miguel (Dig). Went south and encountered a Pidgey in route 5. It was an easy catch. Named my new female friend Cleopatra and I gave her to the Day care dude. I went through the Underground path and caught myself a Moewth. Named her Greed because she is greedy and always steals stuff, but with evolving she matured. In Vermillion city was a big cruiser waiting just for me. It was the S.S Anne. After beating every trainer on the ship(even my rival Gary, but he's not worth mentioning because he's weak as other trainers), I got the hidden machine Cut. After some leveling, I went through the Diglett's Cave to get myself HM Flash. Also, I got the old Amber in the musem and Donatello learned Seismic Toss. After some leveling, I challenged hte third gym, which is a lightning type gym. AND I GOT MY THIRD BADGE! Am I cool or what? I'm feeling like I was travelling for ages. Well, I had to move on. I went into Rock Tunnel and caught every single pokemon I could. It was already night when I got outside of Rock Tunnel and that meant it was time to sleep.

Badges obtianed:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Team heLL15:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Donatello Lv. 30
    Sassy Nature
    Torrent
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Water Gun
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Bite
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Mega Kick
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Seismic Toss
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Mr. Smith Lv. 26
    Timid Nature
    Compoundeyes
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Confusion
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Tackle
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Stun Spore
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Sleep Powder
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Banana Lv. 26
    Lax Nature
    Vital Spirit
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Karate Chop
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Rock Tomb
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Fury Swipes
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Seismic Toss
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Blob Lv. 26
    Lax Nature
    Cute Charm
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Mega Punch
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Sing
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Shock Wave
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Water Pulse
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Greed Lv. 26
    Naughty Nature
    Pickup
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Bite
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Pay Day
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Flash
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Cut
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Miguel Lv. 30
    Timid Nature
    Sand Veil
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Slash
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Dig
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Sand-Attack
    - The Nuzlocke Challenge Poison Sting

Boxed/Day cared Pokémon:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Deceased: /

Encounters:
    Spoiler:

Any shiny pokemon mentioned in this chapter weren't killed. Of course I caught the shiny Caterpie named Austin. It's chilling in the last box and waiting to be transfered to my Platinum. It's Timid nature so it could be a possible competitive pokemon.

It's such a pain in the neck to write this. I want it to be something like a short story but I'm bored right now and that's why it takes me 2 days to edit it :P.

Last edited:
    Years
    I love your challenge buddy. It's awesome and will definitely be a challenge.

I'll try my best to apply all of the rules but I'll probably fail with nicknaming my pokemon, haha.

Going to do this on Red. :)

I'm not the one responsible for creating this challenge. I simply posted it here for others to chat about, partake in, and enjoy it.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    2. No healing at PokeCenters (Poor Nurse Joy shouldn't have to work for no pay)

Out of interest, how are you going to recharge your Pokemon's PP? There's not enough Ethers and Elixirs in the game to make up for the lack of PokeCentres...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back