• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    Well I finished Pokemon Black, so i decided to do a Nuzlocke on White. I am pretty sure I won't finish, since I sure died a ton while playing Black, but oh well, I guess I'll see how it goes. I'll be starting with Oshawott. I might be making comics if I can find my tablet, otherwise, text for now.

Update: Started the game. Picked Oshawott named it Wotter. Went on route 1 and caught a Lillipup named Lilly. A Patrat got a critical hit on Wotter and he fainted...off to a bad start.
    Current Team:
    Lilly (Lillipup) lvl 4

Deaths - 1

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    Fire Red Update!
    After leaving Mt. Moon, I healed at Cerulean and went to Route 4 to catch a new Pokemon. Spearow, my first repeat! I grinded my team up to Lv17 and challenged Gary, winning with barely a scratch. Routes 24 and 25 were disappointing, yielding Caterpie and Weedle, respectively. I named them after J.K. Rowling and J.R.R. Tolkien but with the word fail implemented. (Not that they're bad writers, I was just bored).
    I met Bill, then went south, catching Oddish on Route 5 (Heinrick). I made it to Vermillion, caught a Diglette (Molette) and realized I forgot to fight Misty.
    Soloed Misty with Heinrick. Won.
    I left for Vermillion, and soloed Surge with Molette.
    Captured Spearow (Petera) and evolved J.K. Failing to Beedrill for cut.
    I saved due to low power on Route 9. Haven't caught anything there, yet, but I don't have high hopes. Hoping for Voltorb on Route 10, though.
    Team
    Spoiler:

Boxed
    Spoiler:

Deceased
    Spoiler:

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
    Years
  • Woa. I started this ages ago. However sadly I stopped after school started to catch up on me. LUCKILY, I wrote down my progress! ^^.
    So I am playing FireRed, and the rules I am following are: the bolded, Full Restores and other items like Hyper Potion etc can only be used for E4 inbetween the battles, nicknames, battle style can be anything (ill need all of the help I can get :S).
    So here we go:

Part I: On our way to PEWTER City
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • After playing around with the Chess Challenge I decided to throw my hand at the Nuzelocke, and I've been enjoying it so far and WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA none of my pokes have died yet because I'm awesome

Beginning of the Journey
    Summary: Started out with Bublsaur, got one Pokemon on every route towards Mt. Moon to store into the box, but I did level up a Spearow to keep in my party, I beat Brock and obtained the Boulder badge

Spoiler:

Mt. Moon, Ceruleun City, and St. Anne
    Summary: My Bulbasaur and Spearow evolved while fighting on Mt. Moon. Beat Nugget Bridge and Misty. Fought Rival on St. Anne. Obtained Cut.

Spoiler:

Years
  • This is what happens when I play, but don't post.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Aaaah, I haven't updated in forever! I'm afraid I can't provide a detailed synopsis of my journey, as I had last time. So, here's the low-down.
    -Beat Morty using Juliet and her Confusion attack
    -Vulcan evolves
    -Juliet dies to a critical hit Ice Punch, courtesy of Cianwood Gym's Hitmonchan
    -Thwart rockets and their Mahogany operation, catch Kaz the Red Gyarados
    -Fight Pryce to the death, his Piloswine being especially annoying; Kaz fought valiantly and paid the ultimate price. On the bright side, I got my 5th Badge.
    -Tracey soloes Chuck with great ease
    -Catch Kenji the Horsea in Whirl Islands, due to the awesome "No Dupes" clause.
    -Fen evolves via Friendship and evolves into a Togekiss, immediately after that.
    -Vulcan and Tracey somehow beat the Olivine Gym by spamming Magical Leaf and Ember.
    -Frosti, the Eevee, becomes a Glaceon, as I'll need something to beat Clair with.
    -Off to Goldenrod, where I attempt to beat the Rockets.
    -Kenji fights off the rockets and manages to evolve into a powerful Seadra, in the process.
    -Fen dies to a critical hit selfdestruct from Petrel's Koffing.
    -Team Rocket is defeated, on to Blackthorn.
    -Vulcan and Tracey are grinded to Lv. 40, Kenji is Lv. 36 and Frosti, 33
    Bro Moment said:
    While grinding, Vulcan encounters a Graveler, and it decides to use Selfdestruct ;___;. Sorry, did I say Selfdestruct? I meant CRITICAL HIT SELFDESTRUCT, just like the one that took the life of Fen. I watch the HP dwindle, as I know my bro from the Hoenn region is destined to fall. 1 HP. That's right. 1HP. ~fin de citation~
    -The Battle begins

I already know Clair will be a huge problem for me, Vulcan has no dragon attacks and below average special defense, Frosti and Kenji, my best shots at killing her Dragons, are frail. Looks like it's up to Tracey. She begins with Gyarados, which makes me think I should have redeemed my Route 39 catch and tried for Magnemite, who would have been a huge help, here. The Gyarados chokes big time. All it does it use Dragon Rage, while I poisonstall it and heal. Magical Leaf provides the killshot and the mighty Sea Beast goes down. My next adversary is Dragonair. With the SET clause on, I have Frosti switch in for Tracey, only for it to be blasted with Fire Blast. It survives, but not with enough HP to survive another attack. I send in Kenji to take the Fire Blast. Except it isn't Fire Blast, it's Dragon Pulse, which brings Kenji to sub 50 HP. At this point, I am freaking out, pretty sure I'm about to lose it all. I switch in to KENYA THE FLY SLAVE, which gets hit with T-Wave, and then I heal Tracey, who comes back in after that. Tracey gets paralyzed, but it proceeds to pull its Ace in the Hole. LIGHT SCREEN. Now, Fire Blast only does 30 Damage, I still have about 18 Hyper Potions and 20 Full Heals, and Iron Tail does around 50% of its HP. I don't even care that I'm paralyzed. Dragonair falls, as the team is restored. Tracey is ready to take down another one of this girl's Dragonairs. EXCEPT IT ISN'T A DRAGONAIR. It's the mighty Kingdra, with three 90+ base power moves and smokecreen, the bane of all players, let alone nuzlockers. Light Screen+Toxic+Magical Leaf. Problem, Kingdra? I send out Frosti to deliver the dagger, and it takes a Dragon Pulse with great skill, and I keep it out, as this Dragonair lacks Fire Blast. The next Dragon Pulse decides to troll me and be a crit -__-. Meganium comes back in and stalls it out, as it had all of Clair's other Pokemon. Not a bad gym battle, if I do say so myself. Only 1 major casualty and a resounding victory that made statement (although idk if that matters in Pokemon), Until next time, nuzlockers.

The Team:
    Spoiler:

The Box:
    Spoiler:

The Deceased:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Vulcan (M)
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Lv. 40; Highly Curious; Zen Headbutt/Shadow Claw/Headbutt/Ember

Where did you get a Bagon in Johto...?

On my FireRed Challenge, I'm still grinding for the E4. All 6 of my team are Lv.52, but I want them all at least Lv.55 before I give it a go - otherwise Gary's Lv.63 Blastoise might cause a few problems...

Years
  • Where did you get a Bagon in Johto...?

On my FireRed Challenge, I'm still grinding for the E4. All 6 of my team are Lv.52, but I want them all at least Lv.55 before I give it a go - otherwise Gary's Lv.63 Blastoise might cause a few problems...

I traded it as an egg, as I didn't want my team to be entirely composed of the same, boring mons that it was composed of, last time.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Hey Karpman, I'll be joining this on Blaze Black (a 649 hack of Black with DW Abilities and BST Changes). I'm also going to be posting videos of each boss I fight (Exept for the Rival battle at the begining) so look forward to that! (Triva: This is the 3rd time I nuzlocke a game by Drayano)

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
  • I've just started this on LeafGreen. I'm nicknaming every Pokemon, not using HM slaves, and avoiding legendaries.

So far, I'm in the middle of Viridian Forest.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
    Years
  • Okay Imma make new posts now:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    Ill take the challenge on Pokemon Emerald.

Pretty much standard rules, I won't be taking any of the optional ones though =]

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Here's two more:

VS Chili
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k767vxYLV6M&feature=player_embedded

Vs Cheren (2)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_UgeYjLY3s&feature=player_detailpage

Team
    Spoiler:

This hack is really enjoyable, also one of my favorite things is that Cut is now a Grass attack, now I can get better coverage!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back