• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Offical File Select Song Thread

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
Years
  • With all this HG/SS hype going along, and how all there's all the new stuff being added, it really makes you wonder. There was a little tune that you could listen to while on the screen you go to to select your file. It was a simple tune, but ever since R/S, Gamefreak has decided to drop it. Tell about your opinions on it, and whether you think it will be included in HG/SS.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Select a file? In-Game?
    Wait no, I know what your talking about. When you're continuing or starting a new game. Yeah, I hope they have that.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I just went and listened to what you are talking about. I hope they keep it in game. But if it wasn't in FireRed and LeafGreen (I didn't check), I doubt it.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • They replaced the original intro, and now they probably will replace this classic nostalgic music track, and they really shoulda kept the old intro with Lapras and stuff. The new one is too much like Platinum with showing people and places ...

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Oh yeah, I remember that! I hope they include some music similar to that. I always thought it was cool that they had that in the game.

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Dec 10, 2023
    Well for everyone who commented that it wasnt in fr/lg no duh cause g/s/c were the only ones to have music in the continue/new game screen. Yes I do hope they add/keep this cause it was epic. It was simple yet complicated. Every repeat a new instrument was added till all 4 or 5 were playing. It was amazing imo.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Great. Now I have it stuck in my head. Thanks a lot.

I do miss that tune and hope it's in again. It would really add to the Johto feeling.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    dun, da-da-da-dun dun, dun, da-da-da-dun dun, dun, da-da-da-dun dun, dun, dada-duuun-duuun dun, da-da-da-da-dun...

I loved that little ditty so bad. Return it please! As-is, of course. No reason to change it up from my point of view. And they should have one or two original BGMs left in.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Until now, I actually remember that little added effect at the start. Now that I've heard it, like many, the tune seems to repeat itself within me. Although, it would be pretty nice to have it make a return, I wouldn't want it to be changed into something different. Though, it is up to GameFreak on whether they add it back in along with the terms of remembering it was there in the originals as well. Besides the nostalgia of it, it gave the games a distinct difference from the rest. We'll just have to wait and see if anything is heard about it or once the games are released if others will notice, but again, it would be cool to hear it in the remakes again.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • Wasn't this tune at the beginning of FR/LG, after you chose new game and they were explaining the buttons and showed the letter with Pikachu on it?

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Dec 10, 2023
    yes and no, It is very similar but no its not quite the same.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Wasn't It Introdcued in G/S/C?

And My Favourite Music So Far Is The New Bark Town Music, It Sounds So Nice, I want to hear it full version, Like on the Pokemon Sunday except the Japanese People Were Shouting.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2010
    Hmm I don't see why they wouldn't included it, but if it wasn't in a previous version perhaps they may cut it out for good.

Back