• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    It WAS a weekly rating, the average for the year will be released next January or sometime after the season airs. Although it did hit 5.5% for a year average in 2006 which was Battle Frontier and it did drop a bit after a boost at the beginning of Diamond and Pearl. The weekly rating for last week was 6.1% and even then this still put the show at number 8 on that ratings chart for the week and was tied with two other shows for the same placement.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    You know, I did this project as to see whether Ash is actually the Central Character that everyone claims him to be, and I actually came up with some interesting results between Episode focus statistics tests.

From what I witnessed with my Original Series test, Ash and Misty, from what I've gathered in regards to episode focuses, Misty ranks 46 (as in, she had 46 episodes focused on her at least.), Ash, on the other hand, ranks 40 (as in, he had 30 episodes focused on him at least.). For a supposed Central Character, that's quite low. Of course, I had to hesitate in regards to Gym battles, as they can go either way (I mean, just because there's a Gym battle doesn't mean that Ash is going to be the main focus. In Brock's episode, for example, Ash had to share the focus, Misty's battle with Ash, same deal. Heck, in regards to Ash's battle against Rudy, it actually focused on Misty almost completely.).

I also had to hesitate on Captures since some capture episodes didn't actually focus upon the characters who made said capture (in Charmander the stray Pokemon, Brock was actualy focused on more than Ash, even though Ash was the one who captured it. Hypno's naptime focused on Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy, and yet Misty caught Psyduck even though she wasn't the main focus of the episode.).

I only focused on any of them if said episodes actually had major development on the main character participating in it or if said main character had a profound impact on the episode in question or if the character was focused upon in a significant amout of the time in the episode.

I also plan on doing similar surveys on "Ash/May" and Ash/Dawn" Tomorrow. BTW, these surveys will only involve sagas in the main series where they are the main focus, meaning, their reappearances in the Mirage Kingdom arc, Ash's return to Pallet town for Battle Frontier, the Wallace Cup, and Pokemon Chronicles doesn't count, as Misty wasn't a major character in the AG series/DP series, and May isn't a major character in the DP series.

Anyways, lets hope our veteran members can stay awhile. Heck, maybe they'll be of significant help to our Boycott of the franchise to try and bring her back to her rightful place on the show.

So, uhhh, Misty Lover17, mistywishmaker, anime/mangalover247, Kasumi, how's life hanging? did you do anything that might impact Misty returning to the main cast?

BTW, CrystalClair, I kinda found the guy you were talking about (Satoshi-kun), and, well, considering what he suggested for me to do that is going against my beliefs (he told me to read Playboy, which I vowed to never again read as I now know that it's depictions of females is sexist and demeaning), even IF he were wanting to bring Misty back, I won't have him sign, not unless he stops suggesting that people read Playboy or Playgirl, as it's offensive to both genders. I may be straight, but that does NOT mean that I should look at girls bodies at a lustful demeaning manner.

Nickstr: I kinda found out about it being weekly ratings, but that's still very unsatisfactory. I mean, even IF the show's old audience grows out of favor, new kids should replenish all the empty seats, so to speak, and give something close to the Kanto ratings. But, even with the new kids, they are still steadily declining, which is bad news. Unfortunately, some people are being so arrogant that they actually think the show's doing very good when it actually isn't.

Anyways, that's all for now.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Unfortunately, some people are being so arrogant that they actually think the show's doing very good when it actually isn't.

I just couldn't let this slide by, Weedle

Spoiler:

BTW, Crystal Clair, I sent you a PM on SPPf, just FYI, since you haven't responded yet.

I know but it was just too freggin long! What do you expect? I don't have all the free time to waste on your little thing, Weedle. I have better things to do.

they are deluding themselves into thinking that the shows not even in danger of being cancelled

It isn't. Discussion is high on Bulbagarden and Serebiiforums' anime sections. The only reason our anime section isn't filled with threads of DP discussion is because they're too busy complaining about things that'll never or already changed, like Ash being stupid (which he isn't anymore), or people saying they're sick of Team Rocket (even though they provide so much comedy to the series)

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I just couldn't let this slide by, Weedle

Spoiler:

I'll agree with you on Ash winning Gyms fairly (Though they also needed to make it a bit more consistant with Pikachu, since, yes, I know making him win all the time would be a disaster, but that doesn't mean that Ash's Pikachu should lose a lot, especially considering how it beat a Legendary pokemon, and won him the Frontier. I'll hesitate on Paul, though. but the Elite 4 members, not really, Kanto had more appearances (I mean, they introduced the entire Elite 4 of Kanto, and 1/2 of Johto.) And, anyways, Jun wasn't taken lightly by the audience (He was considered by some people to be like JJM, in other words, a joke opponent.). And, maybe you haven't noticed, but some people are now complaining in regards to Dawn becoming even MORE of a May clone (They are even saying that she's become too girly now, nothing like her first appearance in DP.), so, really, she may have not have initially been a happy-go-lucky character at first, but she is now one. I'll admit as to how Jessie was becoming more successful in her Coordinating ability, which isn't a total loss. As for Gym Leaders... I wouldn't be too certain of that. Besides, one of the Gym Leaders actually pulled something that would have shut down the Hearthome Gym (That is, leaving it without a trainer to look after it, which nearly cost Cerulean Gym it's gym Status.).

As for my being delusional, even you were as you called it Delusional. And anyways, the "Contest" arcs, they never truly done away with the fillers. Heck, some of them were probably no different than fillers anyways. And there has been character development in Johto as well, In fact, even you admitted that Johto wasn't nearly as bad as everyone said it was, and that Misty did a lot in that saga. As for "popular characters", the only "Popular" Characters are Harley and May, and even then, he's popular because people think of him as a joke, not because they are actually loyal to him. And anyways, I also noticed that on several Poll results listed May as being the lowest in terms of popularity [meaning, in essence that May was the most unpopular girl in pokemon], so she's not even considered popular. Heck, Fabuvinny stated in the Tracey Talk Page that May had even more backlash than Tracey ever did.

You know, Crystal Claire, you're starting to become more and more like Cybercubed every day now. I mean, you stated multiple times that you hated it that Cybercubed was mocking you as well as your bretheren, I mean, if you hated it when Cybercubed did this to you, why would you all of a sudden try to do the exact same things he's doing. I mean, you hated it being done unto you. I mean, my viewpoint is, If I hate it being done unto me, I don't try to do these same things unto others (especially my own group), and I try my absolute hardest to try and live up to that standard. I'm growing concerned for you, as a fellow comrade, and as a friend.

Besides, even IF I didn't care about Misty at all, do you honestly think that a 5.5% in terms of ratings or a 6.1% even is even close to being "Safe from cancellation"? I mean, most people, when seeing that, would Panic.

I know but it was just too freggin long! What do you expect? I don't have all the free time to waste on your little thing, Weedle. I have better things to do.

Well, sorry if I made it too long, but I can't really shorten my posts (Not without the risk of making others even more confused, as I have experienced whenever I use general terms such as "he", "they", and those things, and my Dad gets confused because of that.)

It isn't. Discussion is high on Bulbagarden and Serebiiforums' anime sections. The only reason our anime section isn't filled with threads of DP discussion is because they're too busy complaining about things that'll never or already changed, like Ash being stupid (which he isn't anymore), or people saying they're sick of Team Rocket (even though they provide so much comedy to the series)

Err... Actually, he is still stupid, and in fact is arguably even more stupid now as he can't even see through the most obvious of TR's Disguises, like in Dawn of a New Era, where Ash and Brock were easily fooled by Team Rocket only wearing a Coat and glasses (and the coat didn't even cover up the R, for goodness sakes.). And, anyways, did you know that there are actually making threads as to wanting ASH to be removed from the Show (Heck, the biggest one I've ever seen was the "Sick of Ash?" thread right on this website.).

And anyways, according to the (japanese) weekly ratings, DP has a 6.1% rating so far, which is very low for the show (Higher than the 5.5% rating two weeks ago, but still, a low rating nonetheless). I mean, at least with Johto, the supposed unpopular saga, the worst rating IT ever got was an 8.8% average (which was a High B), AG had gotten a 5.5% at it's worst. The mere fact that DP got a 5.5% as early as it did proves that the Anime in itself is not fairing too well. I mean, ask Nickstr if you don't believe me, as he's the one who supplied these ratings in the first place.

Edit: BTW, I was originally going to change the percentages to it's actual worst ratings, but I decided to add in average instead for Johto and AG, since I presumed that Nickstr meant the worst Johto ever got was 8.8% (that is, it's average), and that AG fared at 5.5% (average).

Last edited:

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    As for my being delusional, even you were as you called it Delusional. And anyways, the "Contest" arcs, they never truly done away with the fillers.
    I never said they truly did away with fillers. Besides they need some fillers to debut certain Pokemon.

Err... Actually, he is still stupid, and in fact is arguably even more stupid now as he can't even see through the most obvious of TR's Disguises, like in Dawn of a New Era, where Ash and Brock were easily fooled by Team Rocket only wearing a Coat and glasses (and the coat didn't even cover up the R, for goodness sakes.)
    With that logic, Brock and Hikari are also stupid. It's just some sort of cliche or gag.

And, anyways, did you know that there are actually making threads as to wanting ASH to be removed from the Show (Heck, the biggest one I've ever seen was the "Sick of Ash?" thread right on this website.).
    A majority of those people who complain about Ash are also the people who complain about wanting Team Rocket removed and complaining about Pikachu's strength.

And anyways, according to the (japanese) weekly ratings, DP has a 6.1% rating so far, which is very low for the show (Higher than the 5.5% rating two weeks ago, but still, a low rating nonetheless). I mean, at least with Johto, the supposed unpopular saga, the worst rating IT ever got was an 8.8% average (which was a High B), AG had gotten a 5.5% at it's worst. The mere fact that DP got a 5.5% as early as it did proves that the Anime in itself is not fairing too well. I mean, ask Nickstr if you don't believe me, as he's the one who supplied these ratings in the first place.
    Source site where these ratings were found, please?

You know, Crystal Claire, you're starting to become more and more like Cybercubed every day now. I mean, you stated multiple times that you hated it that Cybercubed was mocking you as well as your bretheren, I mean, if you hated it when Cybercubed did this to you, why would you all of a sudden try to do the exact same things he's doing. I mean, you hated it being done unto you. I mean, my viewpoint is, If I hate it being done unto me, I don't try to do these same things unto others (especially my own group), and I try my absolute hardest to try and live up to that standard. I'm growing concerned for you, as a fellow comrade, and as a friend.
    Well, with Cybercubed, he may have a biase towards May, a hatred for Johto which really wasn't as bad as people make it out to be, and a fetish for character depth but he generally has the right idea with how the anime is doing right now. In fact, a majority of creditable members of Serebii, Bulbagarden and even this forum believe that the Pokemon anime is at a high point right now.

I just don't like how Cybercubed is with Misty.

As for my being delusional, even you were as you called it Delusional. And anyways, the "Contest" arcs, they never truly done away with the fillers. Heck, some of them were probably no different than fillers anyways.
    Yes, I was once a delusional Misty fan but I'm older now. Even if Shinji weren't in the current anime, I'd probably still recognize it's current status, just pointing that out so you don't assume that Shinji made me biased for the new series.

A filler is most commonly defined as an episode of the anime with no key events. In most of the contests, May won ribbons, therefore those contests were key events.

Kanto had more appearances (I mean, they introduced the entire Elite 4 of Kanto, and 1/2 of Johto.)
    But it took until the freggin Battle Frontier for them all to appear! That's nine seasons in the dub! Compare that with the two seasons of DP and the three already debuted elites.

Jun wasn't taken lightly by the audience
    I'm assuming you mean "was" or else your statement would make no sense.

The sensible members of the Pokemon fandom think Jun could possibly be a serious rival. He may have a ditsy personality but he did in the games too and he was still the main rival.

but some people are now complaining in regards to Dawn becoming even MORE of a May clone (They are even saying that she's become too girly now, nothing like her first appearance in DP.), so, really, she may have not have initially been a happy-go-lucky character at first, but she is now one.
    meh, I don't pay attention to Hikari complainers, I just tune them out of my head, although I have noticed that even the more creditable members have sometimes thought Hikari was too similar to May.

Besides, one of the Gym Leaders actually pulled something that would have shut down the Hearthome Gym (That is, leaving it without a trainer to look after it, which nearly cost Cerulean Gym it's gym Status.).
    Perhaps the rules in Shinou are different. Or it could be that the Cerulean gym almost being shut down in the anime was anime only and Melissa leaving the Yosuga gym temporarily was in both the games and the anime, therefore the transition in the anime was a bit confusing.

only "Popular" Characters are Harley and May, and even then, he's popular because people think of him as a joke, not because they are actually loyal to him.
    What about Drew? And Saori? Sure the latter character wasn't as popular but Drew has been known for having a large fangirl base both in the anime and in the fandom.

And not a lot of people take the anime seriously enough to be loyal to a character. To them, they think that those characters are just fictional anime characters and have more important things in their life.

And anyways, I also noticed that on several Poll results listed May as being the lowest in terms of popularity [meaning, in essence that May was the most unpopular girl in pokemon], so she's not even considered popular.
    Oddly enough, the polls I've seen had the three girls nearly tied. I've seen polls on sites like Quizilla where Misty was always winning but it is to note that the audience there is composed of mainly girls who are Pokeshippers and/or IkariShippers who like Misty and hate May. On forums like Serebii, the audience is more varied.

You're going to have to respect that other people aren't as attached and/or dedicated to the anime or to your favorite character as you are, even though they say like the character a lot. I like Hinata and Natane a lot but I don't get angry when people go around saying that they like Hinata for her tight uniform. I accept that some Shinji fans find Shinji hot or think he's a great rival but aren't exactly loyal or dedicated to him.

And with fandoms, we joke about being obsessive and other stuff and you know what? Those people on Bulbagarden who were being "mean" to you, they were merely joking. Joking is a part of the internet. If you can't handle humor, then the internet is not the place for you.

I have a friend who likes Misty a lot (even more than me) and he posted here once or twice and he thinks your train of thinking is highly ridiculous. Of course it's normal to be sad that your favorite character is gone from the show but sometimes you just have to accept those things eventually and sometimes it takes time for people, but that's life. And the more mature I get, the more things I realize and thus I can learn more about myself and my past actions.

Weedle, I'm going to say that I agree with you that Johto is horribly underrated. A majority of the episodes from said series were full of key events or little things that made a lot of episodes hard to do away with in the Bulbagarden Johto crop thread where members decided what fillers were useless. And even some of the fillers with no character development at all were at least entertaining.

However, the plots they opened up were poorly executed. Casey was treated poorly for a rival with only three episodes, Gary only appeared three times, the fillers were excessive, three gym leaders only got one episode, and the series was and is still generally hated by the majority of the fandom. So tl;dr. Johto had good stuff but it was poorly executed.

And if you're curious, while browsing Serebii, I stumbled across many posts that show that DP is really pretty good.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    Source site where these ratings were found, please?

Here is where the ratings were found

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-12-14/japanese-anime-tv-ranking-december-1-7

and I have been following it quite frequently so this really seems to go against what you and others have been saying. If Diamond and Pearl was as great as you and others say it is then its ratings would be much closer to if not higher than Johto but instead, they are significantly lower than that part of the series by about two percentage points and I can see it going lower.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I was going to respond yesterday, but my neighborhood's power went out.

I won't source the site, though, as there's no need to.

With that logic, Brock and Hikari are also stupid. It's just some sort of cliche or gag.

I've questioned Brock's reputation since the "Holy Matrimony" episode (as he was seen mourning for James's "Death", even though it was point-blank obvious that James was faking it.), which made me question his intelligence in regards to his being tricked by TR's disguises (though at least in season 1, they were a bit better disguised.).

As for Dawn, well, she's inexperienced, so I can't expect anything about her falling for disguises.

Well, with Cybercubed, he may have a biase towards May, a hatred for Johto which really wasn't as bad as people make it out to be, and a fetish for character depth but he generally has the right idea with how the anime is doing right now. In fact, a majority of creditable members of Serebii, Bulbagarden and even this forum believe that the Pokemon anime is at a high point right now.

I just don't like how Cybercubed is with Misty.

Yeah, I know. In fact, I doubt that he actually Likes misty as he claims. I mean, he seems to take any opportunity to make a Wisecrack at Misty (I mean, in the dogasu thread, he said something about Misty's bug-phobia in such a way that made it seem like he was actually Mocking her.)

As for "Credible members", most of these members that fit your description that I've witnessed posting on the forums seemed more like those arrogant bullying types. Like for example, Lex Suicune, one of the higher ranking, and more respected people on the thread, was always picking on the so-called "noobs" and claiming that they make the stupidest reasons, and that Chimchar was NOT going to be given to Ash (OR that the Buizel/Aipom trade will never happen), and when those things did indeed happen, the same guy ened up still insulting them, going "THE NOOBS WERE RIGHT!!11!!1!1". Actually, most of these "credible members" seem undeserving of the name, actually.

Yes, I was once a delusional Misty fan but I'm older now. Even if Shinji weren't in the current anime, I'd probably still recognize it's current status, just pointing that out so you don't assume that Shinji made me biased for the new series.

I'm not going to assume that Paul made you think that. Though, even if I did, it won't matter anyways, as Nickstr already showed it's true current status anyways.

But it took until the freggin Battle Frontier for them all to appear! That's nine seasons in the dub! Compare that with the two seasons of DP and the three already debuted elites.

Actually, only two elites appeared so far in sinnoh (Cynthia doesn't count, as she's the champion, not one of the Elite 4, and the two shouldn't get confused.), and besides which, Ash and the Gang had met Two Elite 4 members under that same rate anyways (Bruno and Lorelei/Prima).

The sensible members of the Pokemon fandom think Jun could possibly be a serious rival. He may have a ditsy personality but he did in the games too and he was still the main rival.

Funny, because when I was reading up on people's thoughts on his appearance, most of the people on the thread seemed more like they were saying he's going to be the worst rival ever.

meh, I don't pay attention to Hikari complainers, I just tune them out of my head, although I have noticed that even the more creditable members have sometimes thought Hikari was too similar to May.

Funny thing is, since even you admitted that Cybercubed was a credible member for the most part, he also said that Dawn had become far too girly now.

Perhaps the rules in Shinou are different. Or it could be that the Cerulean gym almost being shut down in the anime was anime only and Melissa leaving the Yosuga gym temporarily was in both the games and the anime, therefore the transition in the anime was a bit confusing.

I know you encounter her in the contest hall in Hearthome after first arriving at it, but she was probably gone for at least half a day (and anyways, the only reason why you didn't battle her was actually because of her refusing to battle you, saying that you aren't strong enough, not because she was out of town, so to speak.).

Besides, she was gone for at least a month (In anime time, not production time, I mean.), if not much more than that. Plus, I doubt Sinnoh has different rules for PIA inspections (it was implied that Rudy's gym was shut down by the PIA, and it was shut down for the reasons they stated, which was Uncool, Unsafe, and Unclean. Plus, Nurse Joy was going to go to Hoenn next, implying that it had the same rules as well.)

What about Drew? And Saori? Sure the latter character wasn't as popular but Drew has been known for having a large fangirl base both in the anime and in the fandom.

I know it was higher than May's in the poll, but I think it was still the 3rd lowest popular in the poll for popular characters.

And not a lot of people take the anime seriously enough to be loyal to a character. To them, they think that those characters are just fictional anime characters and have more important things in their life.

Sort of how certain people think that we christians are nothing more than insane schitzophrenics, and how they have more important things than "waste time worshipping an imaginary friend"?

Oddly enough, the polls I've seen had the three girls nearly tied. I've seen polls on sites like Quizilla where Misty was always winning but it is to note that the audience there is composed of mainly girls who are Pokeshippers and/or IkariShippers who like Misty and hate May. On forums like Serebii, the audience is more varied.

Hmm, I know that the popular characters poll on serebii had May ranking the lowest of the three girls, and the third lowest of the main characters period), as only Tracey and Max were lower.

You're going to have to respect that other people aren't as attached and/or dedicated to the anime or to your favorite character as you are, even though they say like the character a lot.

Ok, I agree. though a "Fan" means someone who is loyal to this character. I mean, think of it this way, say a person joined a club, who despite their claims of being a Misty fan, they deliberately say very nasty statements about Misty, make cruel comments to her fans, among other things, would their behavior be "Misty fan"-ish. And anyways, I don't count fanart of Misty as being a requirement of being a Misty fan. I mean, I searched the net, and I saw a picture of some giant Pikachu looking thing (with bear-like teeth) tearing Misty to shreads (did I mention that it was gory?). I mean, it was made by someone who has watched Pokemon, which qualifies as fanart, and yet the nature of that particular fanart implies that the person hates Misty.

I like Hinata and Natane a lot but I don't get angry when people go around saying that they like Hinata for her tight uniform. I accept that some Shinji fans find Shinji hot or think he's a great rival but aren't exactly loyal or dedicated to him.

Hey, people claiming they aren't Misty fans is something I can handle and accept. What I Can't accept, however, are said non-misty fans trying to join a Misty club and spending most of their time bashing Misty fans or saying snide things about Misty, or even doing it outside of the Misty club, to a certain extent.

And with fandoms, we joke about being obsessive and other stuff and you know what? Those people on Bulbagarden who were being "mean" to you, they were merely joking. Joking is a part of the internet. If you can't handle humor, then the internet is not the place for you.

Sigh... then I guess some of these people don't even know what a joke is. I mean, the "Jokes" they were telling were border-line cyber-bullying. I mean, you've even experienced it yourself, like when Cybercubed mocked you for your Aspergers (And I would never try to do that, since I myself am, if not Autistic, then at least Aspergers.)

I have a friend who likes Misty a lot (even more than me) and he posted here once or twice and he thinks your train of thinking is highly ridiculous. Of course it's normal to be sad that your favorite character is gone from the show but sometimes you just have to accept those things eventually and sometimes it takes time for people, but that's life.

Hey, do you have any health classes in wherever you or your friend come from, and if so, do they cover Bulimia and Anorexia, and if they do, do they cover the causes of it, or make it obvious? I'm asking because I do in my area, and my Health classes (Especially in middle school) have stated (or implied, at the very least) that a major cause of Bulimia and Anorexia is girls wanting perfect bodies just like the models in the fashion industry.

I mean, they showed us a film, "Secret Life of a Bulimic", whose motives for becoming a bulimic dealt with her working as a fashion model part time, as well as her feeling insecure about her own looks because of what she thinks people think of her. They also held a seminar about Bulimia and Anorexia during one of my health classes, and they even just flat out stating it.

Also, when I had to read a newspaper for Algebra (For something called Math in the News), and in the article, the author of "Math doesn't suck" (she's the same person who played the girl in "wonder years") said that she wrote that book for girls because girls in this day and age think that they have to grow up to basically have an IQ of... one, two, maybe ten at most, be party animals, and do reckless decisions (because of certain... "incidents" that certain hollywood starlets got themselves into.), and the way she said it made it seem as though it was a pretty significant number.

Heck, the way several teachers in middle school taught about the causes of Anorexia and bulimia made it seem as though a significant percentage of the girls in question get it as a result of society, via the media, the fashion industry, and the porn industry has convinced them that the only way you can have a perfect body is if they become super-thin and have big boobs.

Heck, even Anime and any other fictional intertainment is at fault, as some kids are actually imitating certain stunts that would send them to the hospital just because they saw it on TV or saw it at some sort of stunt rally. And anyways, kids learn to swear because of TV (I mean, some kids are learning to swear because someone left "The Jerry Springer show" on, and someone I know learned the F-word from her sister because she was watching one of these "Nerd" movies, and when she said the phrase with said word in it one day while on the road, her mom nearly caused a car accident from the shock.).

Also, a recent survey that my mom found on the net said that most of the sexual experiences from underage teens (and teen pregnancies that result from it) that have arrived mass-scale across the globe were a result of them watching Movies and shows that show sex on tv (Especially the out-of-wedlock kind.)

I mean, if people were to mimic thse things, imagine the sheer onslaught that would happen if we don't bring Misty back (BTW, that's NOT my only goal. In fact, bringing her back is just a step towards that goal. my plans are to shut down the Porn industry (Starting with Playboy, and if I must keep that sham in business, then I'll place a prohibation ban on any leud pictures and only keep it as a journal magazine.), recall any FAS's merchandise or any animes where the majority of it's main characters are FAS's. I also plan on eliminating Fashion magazines, and Teaching women to think for themselves completely, and not act like total Airheads.)

Weedle, I'm going to say that I agree with you that Johto is horribly underrated. A majority of the episodes from said series were full of key events or little things that made a lot of episodes hard to do away with in the Bulbagarden Johto crop thread where members decided what fillers were useless. And even some of the fillers with no character development at all were at least entertaining.

Yeah, I agree. And I admit that it was worth sitting through all the Johto episodes aired on that marathon (except for "Don't touch that 'dile", which I missed a part of it due to "Barnes and noble" having a busy day). Heck, if it wasn't for that "Socka party" sideshow that KidsWB (With that uber annoying song), I probably WOULD have tried to sit through Johto.

However, the plots they opened up were poorly executed. Casey was treated poorly for a rival with only three episodes, Gary only appeared three times, the fillers were excessive, three gym leaders only got one episode, and the series was and is still generally hated by the majority of the fandom. So tl;dr. Johto had good stuff but it was poorly executed.

Yeah, I know. But then again, some people hated some things DP offered (like the Buizel trade, or the Chimchar thing.)

And if you're curious, while browsing Serebii, I stumbled across many posts that show that DP is really pretty good.
    Spoiler:

Well, Jesse GS the II did seem to have some slight House-like tendencies, though, yeah, he was a good example for the most part (and probably a true follower of rules.)

Also, I agree with the most parts, but it's hard to determine whether it actually has the praiseworthyness if the ratings in Japan are growing lower by the minute (I won't post the source as Nickstr already did.)

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    About the anorexia and bulhemia deal, and even the whole children imitating what's done on tv, I don't think a cartoon character from a children's show is going to make girls want to act girly. I think you should be frying bigger fish out there like Hannah Montana. Besides, Pokemon is mainly a boy's show.

I dont have the energy to reply to the rest of your post, except that you, a teenage Georgian boy who happens to have Aspergers, do not have the power to shut down or even affect the porn industry.

And about these ratings, I find it hard to believe that Johto was up so high. Sorry but that site is either inaccurate or you're just making crap up.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2017
    Weedle: Your post is full of so much BS, i had to come back just to give my thoughts. First of all, shutting down the porn industry is never going to happen, everyone likes to look at it sometimes, one person's little "Boycott" isnt going to do jack about it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    About the anorexia and bulhemia deal, and even the whole children imitating what's done on tv, I don't think a cartoon character from a children's show is going to make girls want to act girly. I think you should be frying bigger fish out there like Hannah Montana.

Oh, believe me, shutting down Hannah Montana will be the next thing on my list. Also, considering how some kids are trying to mimic a certain comic book superhero by jumping off of buildings, among other things, I think it's reasonable to think girls will think that they should act like the FAS just because they saw it.

Besides, Pokemon is mainly a boy's show.

Didn't stop girls trying to mimic some stereotypical women in guy flicks before, though.

I dont have the energy to reply to the rest of your post, except that you, a teenage Georgian boy who happens to have Aspergers, do not have the power to shut down or even affect the porn industry.

Maybe I can't do it by myself, but we can do this if we all work together to stop it. I mean, We can accomplish this together, but we must work together in order to accomplish it.

Also, when you have the energy to reply... ehh, never mind, this one should suffice.

And about these ratings, I find it hard to believe that Johto was up so high. Sorry but that site is either inaccurate or you're just making crap up.

Wasn't ANN the main anime reviewing site for many anime (As well as the ones that gave "Love Hina" that "bestseller" moniker)? And anyways, we have gotten along well, so I think he might be telling the truth. Besides, I looked at the site, and I saw that Pokemon was at 8th place (Assuming that it was going by the conventional order.).

Weedle: Your post is full of so much BS, i had to come back just to give my thoughts. First of all, shutting down the porn industry is never going to happen, everyone likes to look at it sometimes, one person's little "Boycott" isnt going to do jack about it.

First off, never say never in regards to anything. I mean, people said the exact same thing in regards to abolishing slavery as it was instituted for over 2,000 years at least, and they even used the bible to claim that it was ok for slavery to end, and hey, several even believed that, as the so-called slaves weren't human, they can enjoy doing any bad thing upon them without guilt (even killing them), and yet, come the 13th amendment, Slavery was, in effect, abolished.

If the Abolitionists back then were able to successfully abolish Slavery (especially in the 1960s, where they made sure that Blacks were actually treated like human beings), then the same would apply here.

Secondly, there are many more people on my side, at least 900, if not more than that. Most of the people that watched my video at school thought I was very persuasive, and my points were very good.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    First off, never say never in regards to anything. I mean, people said the exact same thing in regards to abolishing slavery as it was instituted for over 2,000 years at least, and they even used the bible to claim that it was ok for slavery to end, and hey, several even believed that, as the so-called slaves weren't human, they can enjoy doing any bad thing upon them without guilt (even killing them), and yet, come the 13th amendment, Slavery was, in effect, abolished.

First of all, you aren't half a country. And I doubt too many people are as serious as you and your friend Nickstr.

About the ratings, I discussed it with a friend and he told me he already told you that these ratings are a natural occurence for a long running series. He also stated and showed me a thread on Bulbagarden that Pokemon is still one of the top ten anime in Japan.
    Being that there are over hundreds, probably even thousands of anime, this is a mean feat.

Weedle, you're obviously going to be extremely hard-to-convince bug. Instead of further arguing with you (since that is a terrible waste of energy and effort even though I get essay practice), I'm just going to use you as my entertainment source.

Enjoy living the life of an overly-dillusional Pokemon fanboy.

btw, against porn? Female rights? You're eighteen?
    Are you gay?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    First of all, you aren't half a country. And I doubt too many people are as serious as you and your friend Nickstr.

Even though I'm not half a country, that doesn't mean that I can't get half a country to help us. I mean, the founding fathers in America, believe it or not, were ALSO not half of a country (They weren't even half of a colony, it was just thirteen representatives with two aides each), yet, despite that, they managed to amass an army big enough to eventually rival Great Britain, one of the most

About the ratings, I discussed it with a friend and he told me he already told you that these ratings are a natural occurence for a long running series. He also stated and showed me a thread on Bulbagarden that Pokemon is still one of the top ten anime in Japan.

Natural occurence? Look, I don't buy that logic. See, even if so many of the original fanbase outgrew the series, there are plenty of other kids in Japan far younger than them to get hooked into it in place. In other words, if they actually "dropped as naturally occured" as you and your friend claim, it would only be like... 8.7% for AG, and 8.6% for DP (As in, so low it's barely even noticable.). However, as the show's ratings are dropping despite new kids coming on, that's not good news.

I mean, think about it, Japan's audience replaces itself every series almost completely, as some of the people on the forums imply, the ratings on the anime are decreasing on a very fast matter, despite said replacement of old fanbase's numbers, put two and two together, and do you know what that means? It means that many of the new kids are hating the new series's, departing from the show, among other things.

Weedle, you're obviously going to be extremely hard-to-convince bug. Instead of further arguing with you (since that is a terrible waste of energy and effort even though I get essay practice), I'm just going to use you as my entertainment source.

Fine, act like what you hated Cybercubed for, because guess what: by using me and some other fanbases who were truly loyal to Misty as laughing stocks, you're the same as him, whether you like it or not.

And anyways, in regards to my "tiring long winded speeches", If you had a parent, and people in general, get confused whenever you mention generalities (Like saying people are saying this in regards to a saying, and yet they question "Which people, is it doctors, engineers, construction workers...?"), you'd probably be doing the exact same thing I'm doing right now.

So, unless you realize that you shouldn't mock your own fanbase like this, much less mock them, period, lest you become the very person you hated in regards to his mocking of Misty and her fanbase, I suggest you stop before you even start.

Enjoy living the life of an overly-dillusional Pokemon fanboy.

I guess ALL of us are overly-dillusional fanpeople if we spend our time on a club that dedicates itself for the return of Misty, anyways, because... guess what, if you're going to act like Cybercubed and mock those Misty fans who truly want her to return, why don't you just leave, for your own good?! I mean, this is the Bring Misty back club, not the "let's bash those Misty fans who want Misty back" club. I mean, it's one thing to bash those Misty fans in a regular Misty club (Not that I like it anyways), but to bash those Misty fans in a club that's actually dedicated to bringing Misty back!?

btw, against porn? Female rights? You're eighteen?
    Are you gay?

No, I'm not gay. However, just because I'm straight doesn't mean I should act like Brock whenever he encounters girls and/or feel that women are inferior to my own gender. And anyways, I'm ALSO against Male porn, if that means anything.

@Alipeewee: sure, you can join.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I guess ALL of us are overly-dillusional fanpeople if we spend our time on a club that dedicates itself for the return of Misty
    Actually this club is really a Misty club. The (Bring her back) was just just something added on.

Btw, the Misty Club is reaching it's five year anniversary. Maybe we can make this more of a Misty club rather than focusing on the other aspect.

This thread not only needed to talk about wanting Misty to return, but to also talk about the amazing adventure when she was still on the group!

No, I'm not gay. However, just because I'm straight doesn't mean I should act like Brock whenever he encounters girls
    There's a laaaarge gap between going OMG UR SOO HOT WANna Date Mee?! and going Porn iz bad and u shud feal bad!
    On the Bulbagarden chat, there's a guy who doesn't like porn and people find it very strange. A friend of mine even called him a pansy. It's perfectly normal to be attracted to women and it's strange that you're not attracted to women yourself.

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
    Years
    On the Bulbagarden chat, there's a guy who doesn't like porn and people find it very strange. A friend of mine even called him a pansy. It's perfectly normal to be attracted to women and it's strange that you're not attracted to women yourself.

Porn is stupid. Get the real thing, mate. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Actually this club is really a Misty club. The (Bring her back) was just just something added on.

Btw, the Misty Club is reaching it's five year anniversary. Maybe we can make this more of a Misty club rather than focusing on the other aspect.

Ok, fine, but DON'T try to mock those Misty fans who want her back, all right? I mean, you didn't like it when Cybercubed did that same thing to you and the other Misty fans, so, because of your experiences with him in regards to Misty and her fans, you should realize not to do that same thing (Hey, I don't try and mock the other fans for wanting Misty to return, and I don't try to mock those who disagree with me.). I won't emphasize on bringing her back THAT much, but that does NOT mean I will give up on it.

There's a laaaarge gap between going OMG UR SOO HOT WANna Date Mee?! and going Porn iz bad and u shud feal bad!

I am attracted to females, so I'm not Gay. This matter is about respecting women, which is a far different matter. Besides, you missed the other label that we straight males have gotten, which is chauvinist pigs who believe girls are inferior to us males (You know, like Gaston's belief about women in BATB.).

raichu262410

Electric Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2009
    I realize Misty is probably not going to come back as a main character(Altough I would like her to) but I think she deserves to appear in future episodes just like all of the other forgotten characters. There has been some speculation that there may be a Johto Fronteir league and I believe that is the perfect way to bring Misty back. When Ash is in Johto he can meet up with Misty at the Whirl Cup which he will compete in just because he likes to compete and Misty because she obviously loves water pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I realize Misty is probably not going to come back as a main character(Altough I would like her to) but I think she deserves to appear in future episodes just like all of the other forgotten characters. There has been some speculation that there may be a Johto Fronteir league and I believe that is the perfect way to bring Misty back. When Ash is in Johto he can meet up with Misty at the Whirl Cup which he will compete in just because he likes to compete and Misty because she obviously loves water pokemon.

Hey, I realize the possibility as well, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't continue to try and bring her back until we or the show dies trying.

To hold to my word, I have stated the many things Misty has done on the show, countless times. So many times, that, should I continue repeating myself, people will just get annoyed (as several people already have on the forums when I try to mention the things she has done.).

Plus, most of my hard work on Bulbapedia was undone just because, according to a bunch of Ash-biased people who spew their bias as if it was actual fact, "Ash is the absolute main character", when he actually wasn't focused all that much (I used deductive reasoning and determined which was actually an Ash-centric episode, which was a Misty-centric episode, which was a Brock-centric episode).

I made sure I was absolutely accurate and fair in my rationale, and yet they still removed most of my work just because they think this was "Support work" and not actual character focus (Even though one can argue that some of Ash's Gym battles were just the same, like the Rudy battle, for instance (As the only thing Ash actually did was beat the Gym leader.), or heck, the Danny battle, now that I think about it, is almost centered on Misty. Heck, the episode where Ash got Charmander was actually a Brock-centric episode since 90% of the episode was actually focused on Brock [All Ash did in the episode was just capture it.].).

I used fair and accurate, as well as mostly unbiased deductive reasonings to determine who was actually centered in that episode (even adding in more than one when absolutely necessary), and yet they still undid it with no actual reasoning other than bias in regards to Ash and Dawn (saying she was the only one "equal" to Ash, even though it was never actually equal (Dawn has more episodes than him, for one thing), and the closest he has ever come to achieving true equality between himself and a main character is between him and Misty.). They even referred to me as being "Misty biased", which, even though that may be true, that wasn't even close to my motive (If it was, I would have labeled absolutely every single episode she has ever appeared in as being a "Misty-dedicated episode", even those where she didn't have an actual role (like the first episode, for example.).

Ok, now that little rant is over, I think I should cool down a bit.

BTW, I'm guessing Cybercubed must really hate Misty now, because I was just meandering through the threads, and I noticed this gemstone in the Kanto references in DP thread:

https://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showpost.php?p=688278&postcount=51

I mean, I wouldn't bother to point it out for any important reason other than spite if it wasn't for something odd about this post. He never said this in his original response (originally, he was just mentioning how, while watching the Roark gym episodes, Brock referenced his Onix, and it was nice that there was continuity, and expressed annoyance that Ash would not reference any of his old pokemon [as in, those that were Oak'd/released/in training].). He actually edited this post somehow and replaced it with this Misty talk, when there was absolutely no reason to change the post other than just to spite us Misty fans. (Heck, in my original postings before Cyber ruined it all by bringing up my Misty fanboyism in an insulting way, I barely even referenced Misty, if at all, and was only commenting on how the Show was indeed collapsing under it's weight.).

In fact, the only time I EVER mentioned Misty on that thread (other than saying I never even referenced her to Cybercubed in reference to the ratings) was when I was trying to correct him in regards to never appearing in BF (as she did appear in the BF via the Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon, which WAS aired in Japan, actually [I think Bulbapedia mentioned that it "aired" on October 13th of 2006, which, I believe, that the Trivia section of one of the episodes, at one point, actually mentioned that it "Aired" at that time.], so yes, it does count as an appearance, even IF it wasn't the 10th anniversary (which it technically wasn't, as the 10th anniversary was actually the year after that, since that was the 10th anniversary of the games, not the anime.), it was, indeed, counted as an actual airing, and thus, should count as a Misty appearance. Besides, most airings of Pokemon are technically specials (as Bulbapedia explicitly referred to the back-to-back episodes as "Specials".), so, technically, most of the episodes would never have existed if it wasn't for certain circumstances.

Anyways, that's all for now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    This club sooo needs more fanart. All it is these days are Weedle and me arguing
    Misty's such a lady
    I can't even believe she's ten, it hurts my head. She is the most lady-like of them all.

Well, to be fair, I at least posted something to Cybercubed that pretty much warned him that, should he try to mock Misty or her fanbase, I will personally try to remove him.

Anyways, about the fanart. Pretty good.

Err... tell me, what exactly did you mean by "She's the most lady-like of them all"? I mean, no offense, but I didn't exactly understand it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back