• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, it's not "new" fanart, but I did do this some time ago.

Here's one of Super Misty:

Basically, I based it off of the Super Transformations/Super Sonic/Super Saiyans from Sonic the Hedgehog/Dragon Ball Z, and basically, she gets it from restoring the Sea Crown (As a similar effect happened with Ash, though this transformation is exclusive to those with genetic relations with the Misties [Misty's origin race].).

BTW, just something to note, while posting Misty fan art is good and all that, and is a hint at liking her, no offense, but it's not the definite way of being a Misty fan, especially if the person drawing fanart of her actually hates her. I mean, one time, I was searching images on the web and I saw a fanart of Misty being mauled apart by a giant carnivorous looking Pikachu. Can you even think of a Misty fan doing that? I mean, it's fanart, and yet, it implies that the author hates her.). I'm not saying that those who draw fanarts of Misty are never Misty fans, just that it's not set in stone that they are.

Anyways, I may not be making it known that we should boycott, but that does NOT mean that I'm giving up on Misty returning. I'm just trying not to mention it much as disaster happens anyways (Then again, on BMGf, people try to pick a fight on me, claiming I'm making whatever topic I am on a Bring Misty Back topic, even if Bringing Misty Back was barely even in the post to begin with, so it probably doesn't matter anyways.).

As for things Misty did on the Show, well, she got everyone out of the St. Anne, she saved Porta Vista (or Hatoba Port, in the japanese version), I think she won that swimsuit contest and paid repair damages to Moe's dock, she also was the one who stopped Gastly (in one sense), she was the one who stopped the backpack thief, she was probably the one who reacted first to the bomb in the fair, as well as realized what happened to Ash, she won the Princess Festival, she saved Cerulean Gym's show, got Ash to new Island, was the reason why Ash got to face Blaine in the first place, was the one who foiled the Scam by Butch and Cassidy, found out most of the TR scams on the rare occasions that Ash and his friends weren't even fooled at all, was the one who encouraged Hoothoot to get them through the forest, was the one who got Heracross to actually stand up to the Pinsirs/Team Rocket, ranked top 8 in the Whirl cup, won the Seaking fishing tourney, saved Egans newly caught Magcargo from Team Rocket, won the Alto Mare race, stopped Team Rocket's control braces, saved the Corsola farm, helped save the Hoppip and Oddish, helped everyone evacuate from the collapsing Kabuto Island, among other things. Heck, if it wasn't for her, none of the group, not even Ash, would have gotten as far.

BTW, I'll probably be out of reach friday through sunday, as I'm going to a wedding.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    The more the merrier I say, and its always great to see someone else who likes Misty since at this time she needs all the fans she can get. Especially given how she has been treated by the writers and to be honest I think she deserves far better treatment than she is getting now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, guys, I'm back.

Well, everything's going around quite well, well aside from my having a second pneumothorax in my life (I hope this is the last one.).

Anyways, does anyone of you get annoyed when people (Namely the likes of Cybercubed/Scott85, Lethal Carnivine, and others) try and make it seem as though any of you guys are turning a topic into a bring Misty back/pokemon is dying thread (even if Misty wasn't even the main focus of the post you guys made, never mind wanting her back?)? I mean, I had to deal with this kind of Grief for quite a while. I mean, I just mind my own business, stating my opinions, which, if they even involve Misty, is little more than a mere mention, and not even the main subject of the post, and then... Cybercubed, for example, decides it's fun to accuse me of trying to drag the thread into a Bring Misty back thread even though it wasn't even the main subject of my post (Honestly, it's almost as if even mentioning Misty's name means I'm trying to drag a thread into a BMB thread). People then join in on the name-calling and the bashing, thus forcing me to defend Myself, AND make my posts entirely about Misty just to counter their points/shut them up. I mean, honestly, it's like they're looking for any excuse for them to decide to drag it into a Misty fan mockfest. I mean, I wasn't even trying to make most of the threads into a BMB thread, I was just trying to state my opinions, and use Misty as nothing more than a mere example.

Honestly, and they call us Misty fans nothing more than trolling scum... and yet they seem more like the description they labelled to us.

I mean, they look for any excuse to start a fight, even accusing me of trying to turn a regular thread into a BMB thread, even though the post in question didn't even focus on Misty much. It's happened in the Hoenn review thread, it's happened in the Ash leaving thread, among other things. I mean, honestly, those guys are nothing more than scum who should have been banned a long time ago.

And I'd try to ignore them, but unfortunately, I can't, as they bombard me far too much to ignore, no matter how hard I try.

anyway, we know that Misty is going to be appearing in DP (And from what Mayumi Iizuka's blog said, or at least Bulbanew's translation of it, it's going to be more than just a 2 to 3 episode appearance. They also had Misty appear with May and Gary, which implies that she would be appearing [I mean, they could have just as easily grouped her with Tracey if they weren't planning on having her appear, but the mere fact that they chose to group her with two characters who have already appeared in the anime [and in the case of Gary, was the reason why Ash was in Sinnoh, and the reason why Gligar evolved] implies that she will be appearing.

Years
    I'd like to join. I recently started watching some of the original pokemon episodes for the first time in like 10 years and I remembered why Misty was my favorite character on the show.

Could I get her Psyduck?

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    It is nice to see another member, welcome! Psyduck actually seems to be a fairly popular Pokemon of Misty's and possibly because of its personality since it can do some quite comical things sometimes. I guess you did not see Misty's final episode as a main character and that might be a good thing since it is quite depressing in fact I am either crying or in tears almost every time I watch it, especially with the Japanese version.

Years
    It is nice to see another member, welcome! Psyduck actually seems to be a fairly popular Pokemon of Misty's and possibly because of its personality since it can do some quite comical things sometimes. I guess you did not see Misty's final episode as a main character and that might be a good thing since it is quite depressing in fact I am either crying or in tears almost every time I watch it, especially with the Japanese version.

Ya Psyduck is great on the show. I considered requesting her Starmie but Psyduck won out.

And no I haven't seen her last episode. I've only seen up to when Ash got to the Elite 4, and that was like 10 years ago.

Which is her last episode because now I want to watch it, haha.

Years
    I was looking on serebii last night and found some episode recaps. I looked at the end of the Johto series and saw that episode and figured that must be it. So I looked at some screen caps and saw Misty walking away :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    It's "Gotta catch you later!"

It's really sad, though :<

Darn too it's sad! It's sad by both definitions (In case you guys are wondering what do I mean by "both definitions", I mean, it's both emotionally sad and in the "bad taste" kind of sad.)!

I mean, her sisters leave the gym for a cruise around the world, leaving Misty to care for the gym, and creating a special that completely contradicts canon in almost every way save for the Gyarados incident [eg, acting as though Misty was never a gym leader at all prior to that point despite telling Ash in the seventh episode overall that she is a gym leader, including PIA regulations that weren't even followed up upon both before and after (as evidenced by Pewter, Mauville, and Hearthome Gym still existing.).

Also, if this wasn't bad enough, the writers FURTHER add insult to injury of her condition by deciding to make Hoenn's gym leader so weak and so pathetic that literally anyone can beat the GLs (as evidenced by how the vast majority of Ash's pokemon [barring Pikachu], despite being completely inexperienced, or not even close to the experience, were able to beat 3/4ths of the Gym Leader's pokemon as easily as they did), thus making Misty's so-called "Promotion" to Gym Leader seem more like an insult to her abilities than an actual honorable position. I mean, Ash beat Roxanne, Brawly, Wattson, Norman, Winona, and Tate and Lisa in the cheapest, easiest way with his rookie pokemon, not only does it seem as though they were of JJM's caliber, but it cheapens Misty's role quite a bit.

The Hoenn Gym Leaders weren't the only ones to be depicted in such a demeaning manner. Brock was also treated like total dirt. I mean, His Foretress couldn't even beat James's cacnea, despite having loads of experience under it's belt compared to Cacnea (who was only just starting out under Jame's tutelidge.). Not to mention, his Marshstomp lost to Eevee, despite the latter being almost completely inexperienced at the time. He may not be one of the competitive people on the show, but that doesn't mean that he should be portrayed as a complete pushover.

I'm not even going to get into her so-called "replacement".

So really, the entire thing was just sad, pathetic, and in bad taste. If they absolutely had to remove Misty from the Show, at least give a much better explaination than that, and actually make the GL's of Hoenn exceptionally tough to everyone save for maybe Ash's Pikachu (and even then, only have him win by actual skill than just going "Hypermode"/Thunder armor on them.). I mean, even Kanto's Gym Battles were better than the Trash that they called Gym Battles in Hoenn (and considering what those were like, that's saying a lot.).

I mean, honestly, what's the point of even doing that?!

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Haven't been coming here due to some issues I've been having.
    Last night I had a dream about Misty being in the anime again
    That inspired me to make another fake screenshot of Misty. This time, however, she's in a town, holding a Pokeball with an eastern Karanaxi/Shellos inside and she's wearing her Houen outfit.
    link
    and believe it or not, I recorded how I did the trees to prove that I did it and to teach others how to draw trees.
    link
    it goes a big fast though and since I took windows movie maker off my pc, I was unable to edit out the second half which was just me trying to get to the stop button

Last edited:

Tkinc

Smile above all challenges
    Years
    Misty as a Guy?; Show status Discussion

^WOW, it's been almost a whole year since I've been here!! I missed this club a lot! TT___TT

Did you draw those, CClair? If you did, you've become even more amazing at drawing ;D

...if Misty were a guy, the side characters would be female, and she'd be the guy every girl is after xD

Hello Mistywishmaker, long time no see; Heh, long time I've been here as well. Lots of new pictures, I'm glad there are still avid Misty fans out there giving her some more focus and respect. Good work CClair and Weedle for posting some different perspectives on Misty. Interesting to see the different versions of Misty you've got up in your head. :) ~ As for SirBoulevard, where did you find that fanart?

Mhm... well, depending on her design as a male character instead, and if her original female personality is tweaked a little, I think Misty might end up as a character people look up to. But, some of her Motherly traits would need to be replaced by Fatherly gestures and having more a dignified but still slightly aggressive personality when it is needed. Not someone precisely like Shinji, but a bit different... like a modified Kenshin, or something. I don't fully know. Need to give it more thought I guess. What do you all guys think of it?

Mhm... I've been seeing a heated discussion between Weedle and CClair; Interesting arguments, but it all comes down to the part, on what the future holds. Honestly, I have still to watch a new DP episode to see where CClair is coming from, but... in my opinion I think to make the series better they should show more about the pasts of the main characters and make arcs that give answers.... like Ash's Dad, or about Misty's parents, or something else, that really leaves us hanging for more. Now, because the show is not designed like that, it should still add such elements because it helps almost every story and can give a bigger fan base more than it already had. Is it me, or should the amount of pokemon start ending? I think I've had enough of the....400+ pokemon present and I think now they should focus on other things more important, other than Gym battles and such. Why not make more use of Meowth since he can speak to humans. And maybe show a Gjinka to provide more interest to the Shinou legends and get people to ask more questions. I'm not even the writer and I'm thinking about these things. What do you think should be the next approach, other than finding a way the original characters (from all seasons) will all play more defined roles?

Anyways, Welcome new members! Hope you find something of interest in this club, and well, get a nice experience out of it.

And finally, in terms of fanart, anyone up to a dose of some Tkinc-style? =P
    (Mistywishmaker made some new fanart already; Check it out on her deviantART-- in her sig)

Here is one of the most recent:

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Sorry for the delay, but I had some stuff to do (I'm a senior at my high school, and besides which, I have three core subjects, so there's little to no chance of posting as often.).

Anyways, I had to burn some DVDs of the original version of my video for editing at school (I planned to air the real edited version [that is, the one I intended to make] during the Morning Announcements with the faculty and staff members.). However, for the Youtube version, it will have to wait until possibly May the 27th, as I have to play it safe (I doubt that the school would allow something to air during the school year that can easily be placed onto youtube at that same time period.).

I'm thinking of restarting the petition, only this time, I'll make absolute certain I make copies of them so I WON'T end up having to restart from scratch.

As I'm going to go for Rome during the summer, and as I've pretty much majored Latin now, I could try and give petitioning for Misty to return a shot in Italy as well.

Speaking of Petitions, I'd suggest that, if you want to make absolute certain that Misty returns permanently, if not in DP, then at least in the next season onward, you guys should compose your petitions and get signatures from your locations. In fact, after you do a batch, scan them into the computer for backup copies, and also mention the amount of signatures, even posting a image link to the Petitions to verify it. As we need to convince the writers that they Must bring her back, this is probably going to be a good chance. Plus, we also should swarm the Pokemon Company HQs to try and convince them that way.

Welcome back, Tkinc.

@CrystalClair: Hope your issues can be resolved soon.

Well, for what might make the show better, It would probably be having a female who isn't just some doll for the writers to dress up among other things. Also, maybe they should actually explain what happened to her Parents.

As for other news, apparantly, the Misty/Kasumi club on SPPf is going to close soon (as the club leader, ~Mist~, has retired). There's going to be a new Misty club on there. Personally, I'd like to join this new club. I've let down many friends on that site, and I won't make that same mistake again.

BTW, I wanted to just mention this. Apparantly, there's a precursor to the Anorexia/Bulimia/Hollywood Starlet syndrome known as "Disney Princesses". I think the franchise has to be shut down if they don't change their ways (Believe me, we have far too many cases of Bulimia/Anorexia to even attempt to ignore this.). I've also heard from a catholic world article that apparantly, Barbie is also a major contributor to the moral and health decline of female's all around America, if not all around the Earth.

also, in regards to my Misty SSJ pictures, she's not the only one who I made SSJ. I also made Ariel ssj as well.

Anyways, that's all for now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    They don't look like they're going to be resolved anytime soon. However, Tkinc's post actually made me interested in this thread again so maybe I'll stick around more.

Latin? Cool but don't you need Italian to get involved with Italy?

Well, technically, yes. However, as Italian is one of the five romance languages (Meaning, a language that is a direct "descendant" for lack of a better term, of Latin, or the Roman Language, along with Spanish, French, Romanian, and some other language.), it should be as close to Italian as I can get. Besides, my school doesn't really teach the actual Italian language. Other than Latin, it teaches French, Spanish, and German, so Latin's the closest I can achieve at making communication in Italy.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back