• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkinc

Smile above all challenges
Years
  • I'm not the moderator,
    But you are free to join. Welcome to the Club young Zahra.
    Tell us a little bit about what you enjoy about Misty and your current wishes for the show in terms of Misty's Return?

isn't there an online petition? I would have thought it would get signed by a lot more people, a lot faster.

Plus, its easier for the 'closet' pokemon fans, such as myself *looks down in shame*
    I think there was, and still is, but I'm not sure if how it's doing. And...'closet' pokemon fans? Show your love for the show, why do you need to be embarrassed? =) I'm not.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I think there was, and still is, but I'm not sure if how it's doing. And...'closet' pokemon fans? Show your love for the show, why do you need to be embarrassed? =) I'm not.

He probably means that there are people out there who are feeling some fear about being called a "baby" by everyone due to peer fear of watching, what peer pressure considers, a "baby show" or a "baby book". I know I was one of these people (and, as I have said before, you pretty much have "Arthur" to blame for this, as Arthur often calls whatever DW is watching (IE, "Mary Moo Cow") a "Baby Show" [or, in the case of books DW has read [like "Hopalog the Frog", for instance], a "Baby book" [and in that case, Arthur himself had actually read that book {even calling it his first book ever}.].].).

I also made a BMB Misty petition on petitionspot.com. Actually, I should check up on that.

Also, welcome aboard, Aura Guardian Zahra. Just be sure to try and state your reasons why you like Misty, all right?

Misty Lover17

Shining Angel
    Years
  • Hey Tkinc! It's been awhile. I've been doing great. I'm still a Misty fan. Though, I've been currently a fan of another cute redhead from a different series. "huggles Shirley"

Also, I've seen that pic by mistywishmaker. It's really cute.^_^

Kasumi

Kasumi & Satoshi forever!
    Years
  • Hey Tkinc! It's been awhile. I've been doing great. I'm still a Misty fan. Though, I've been currently a fan of another cute redhead from a different series. "huggles Shirley"

You're my brother. In all Code Geass I love Shirley the most.
    And ofcourse I'm so happy MWM drew something new. I was looking forward to her new art. It's beautiful as always.

Tkinc

Years

Hey MistyLover17! Missed talking with you and seeing you on here ^^, and also glad you're doing well!

She looks very sweet, although I've never watched the series. As for the resemblance... well, it's sort of like her, at least her personality in certain ways and maybe her hair color tones--- but Misty doesn't have that long of hair unless she's Mermaid Misty which leaves me to question if she wore a wig then or naturally grew out her hair, and if that is the case, how fast does it grow (because in the first season she was able to keep her normal hairstyle without having it being cut all the time)?

Nonetheless, Shirley's Personality, just by analysis of the two pictures (your ID and Signature) remind me of that motherly sweet side of Misty, but the sort of aggressive, protective side of her doesn't seem that vivid. But that's just first perception I guess, I'd have to watch the series wouldn't I?

You're my brother. In all Code Geass I love Shirley the most.
    And ofcourse I'm so happy MWM drew something new. I was looking forward to her new art. It's beautiful as always.

Who's your Brother? MistyLover17 or Me? ;) [joking--- I'm really sure it's the prior] ~ Yes, I agree, I love Mistywishmaker's work as well. She's very passionate and careful on her attention to detail. She's a busy person though, so it takes a while for her to finish her artwork and lifework as well ~ =) But yeah, it's always nice seeing something new from her ^_^ (If only I paid the same attention to detail on my work...).

misty is very beautiful!

I agree; I like her personality the best; Both a balance of humor and sweet-caringness I'd admire in my woman.
    Her normal hairstyle is tomboyish but still it seems natural. However, something about her long hair-look and that short-down hair look when she wore a kimono in the first season was I the most fascinated with. =)

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, Shirley does seem like a good enough character to be one of the anti-FAS that we need to stop Sexism in the anime, at least. I do have one question about her. In regards to her temper (If she has a huge temper, that is.), is it similar to Misty's temper (that is, is only brought about if a direct, obvious insult is made to either her or other people/creatures) or is it similar to Naru Narusegawa's temper (In other words, basically anything someone says to her in the dictionary, or any sound even, is an insult and uses it as an excuse to beat up and bully that person.)? Personally, I hope it's Misty's persona, but if not... oh well.

BTW, Waterflower World, one of the Misty Fansites that both I and Nickstr are members of (the latter of us is an Admin, as well.) is currently going through a long, immense dry spell. We need some recruits to keep the site active, if not permanently, then at least a little while longer (Especially since a fanfic I've worked on dealing with Misty's birth is also being affected in reviews, and, let's face it, I'm getting tired of doing BUMP posts in the topic just to keep it alive for a while longer.). If you guys want to join the site as well as post regularly, Nickstr and I would greatly appreciate it.

Well, Let's hope more people join our cause.

BTW, on a bit of not so good news, I can't really upload the video for the morning announcements due to the fact that it's too long to air, even IF I blurred out the inappropriate parts (In order to air it, it has to be 1 minute long. Even splitting it up into 4 parts isn't enough.). However, I'll at least post the uncut (though still edited) version on Youtube, and If I could do it, I can try and advertize it before the end of the year at school so that most, if not all, of my classmates and friends can see it, and hopefully support the BMB fanbase, as well as our cause to remove sexism.

As for my Online Petition to bring Back Misty, I've currently gotten 36 signatures. BTW, speaking of Petitionspot, does anyone know what happened to the search bar made for that site?

Anyways, that's all for now.

Kasumi

Kasumi & Satoshi forever!
    Years
  • Who's your Brother? MistyLover17 or Me? [joking--- I'm really sure it's the prior] ~

Yes youre right :)

Nonetheless, Shirley's Personality, just by analysis of the two pictures (your ID and Signature) remind me of that motherly sweet side of Misty, but the sort of aggressive, protective side of her doesn't seem that vivid. But that's just first perception I guess, I'd have to watch the series wouldn't I?
    Yes you should watch Code Geass it's great. Sorry it's offtop. Anyway, Misty is very similar to Shirley. Their characters and situation is similar.

Tkinc

Years
  • Yes you're right :)
    ~
    Yes you should watch Code Geass it's great. Sorry it's offtop. Anyway, Misty is very similar to Shirley. Their characters and situation is similar.

I am? But does that mean because of likes or blood-related?
    ~
    Maybe I'll go watch that sometime;

BTW, on a bit of not so good news, I can't really upload the video for the morning announcements due to the fact that it's too long to air, even IF I blurred out the inappropriate parts (In order to air it, it has to be 1 minute long. Even splitting it up into 4 parts isn't enough.). However, I'll at least post the uncut (though still edited) version on Youtube, and If I could do it, I can try and advertize it before the end of the year at school so that most, if not all, of my classmates and friends can see it, and hopefully support the BMB fanbase, as well as our cause to remove sexism.

Yes, upload it to youtube and I think you can make a link to it to the site; If you are advertising about something as important about preventing sexism, excellent! Just keep that will strong, and solidify your intentions, if not already in your video.

I also hope that Shirley is as MistyLover17 says in several ways =)

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Yes, upload it to youtube and I think you can make a link to it to the site; If you are advertising about something as important about preventing sexism, excellent! Just keep that will strong, and solidify your intentions, if not already in your video.

I also hope that Shirley is as MistyLover17 says in several ways =)

Yeah, I'm definitely going to keep it strong. I'll also make sure I try to edit the videos (Though not right now, as I have a Marriage project for Economics, among other things.).

BTW, Tkinc, I did make a super-edited version of my videos, and they are on Youtube (though I personally didn't think it was that good, as, because of the time rush and the fact that Pinnacle studio 11 doesn't even carry Multi-blurring capacity (which the video is in dire need of, seeing how some women were inappropriate. Personally, I didn't like having to find those pics [The only reason I tried to find them is because people wouldn't believe me if I didn't show them.].), some of the original meaning and the power in it was lost.). It's just FYI.

Speaking of Sexism... did you guys hear about what's going on in Afghanistan? I mean, what they are doing to those girls just because said girls are trying to get an education was just sick and wrong. I mean, even IF it was taboo for girls to do anything other than vibrations in that culture, that doesn't mean they should throw acid at them (Harming people, especially for petty reasons like that, is wrong, regardless of whether it's condoned in social behavior or not).

I'll probably try to find Code Glass to see if Shirley is up to the task of becoming one of our elite anti-fas's.

Anyways, that's all for now.

Tkinc

Years
  • Yeah, I'm definitely going to keep it strong. I'll also make sure I try to edit the videos (Though not right now, as I have a Marriage project for Economics, among other things.).

BTW, Tkinc, I did make a super-edited version of my videos, and they are on Youtube (though I personally didn't think it was that good, as, because of the time rush and the fact that Pinnacle studio 11 doesn't even carry Multi-blurring capacity (which the video is in dire need of, seeing how some women were inappropriate. Personally, I didn't like having to find those pics [The only reason I tried to find them is because people wouldn't believe me if I didn't show them.].), some of the original meaning and the power in it was lost.). It's just FYI.

Well, it's okay then; At least you got the information out =D ~ Women of this era, really need to learn that they are beautiful without wearing short skirts, tight clothes, and other revealing apparel that just dishonor and shame who they are. I mean, 80%-90% of the guys who fall for these girls tend to be jerks, who just want to do bad things with them, and those 10-20% of the good guys, they either shy away from them or if they are interested they have to fight themselves really hard not to get distracted by the OBVIOUS distraction. And no, it shouldn't just be 'Well they shouldn't be looking' or some convoluted junk like that, because it is not fully their fault. I mean come on! There is an obvious reason guys are attracted to girls. If they weren't, humanity would be gone down towards elimination. Otherwise, my argument is, that modesty always prevails, and a good heart, and one who protects her body from the filth of those perverted minds who don't want to control themselves, as well as herself, is one whom any guy would fall far and love immensely. My woman has to be someone who has got qualities like Misty/Shirley who has her motherly side but the courage to stand up to what is right. Of course, I'd also say I'm more inclined to the motherly-side of Misty more, but certainly the sort of aggressive side is still necessary to knock some sense into me if my heart ever turns weak in making a hard decision.

Speaking of Sexism... did you guys hear about what's going on in Afghanistan? I mean, what they are doing to those girls just because said girls are trying to get an education was just sick and wrong. I mean, even IF it was taboo for girls to do anything other than vibrations in that culture, that doesn't mean they should throw acid at them (Harming people, especially for petty reasons like that, is wrong, regardless of whether it's condoned in social behavior or not).

I've heard a lot of things, but I don't know everything about it, because a lot of the stuff the media feeds us is all biased half-truths and lies to cover up their own wrong-doings in the country, or just to look better. >_> ~ Nonetheless, I wouldn't be surprised if there were many hypocrites there because, unfortunately, I know myself that people have lost themselves, whether in faith, sanity, or other means. I'm not even sure if that was the original culture of Afghanistan. If they are following the religious aspect of it, it is forbidden to deny education, knowledge of self-defense and self-sustainability to any woman, man, person. However, if this is strictly the culture without the religion, well, they need to filter it significantly, and indeed, stop with acid-throwing and stuff (if that is even true because of media-bias) and cool off. Woman NEED their education just as much as guys. Guys and girls are not 100% equal (in our behaviors and stuff of course--which make us unique opposites), but they have been given special rights that cannot be denied ever!

~~

Anyways, I think we are getting off topic on the discussion (since it's becoming political and stuff--- we can just talk about that somewhere else on a board that is leaned towards that designation).

~~

So, let's start a new topic:
    If Pocket Monsters decided to have a season when the main characters get older (let's say in their 18+ years), what apparel would the characters wear and why? Would they realistically wear their own same outfit, or do you think they would wear modified versions of the outfit from the previous seasons? How about the power level of their Pokemon? What would each trainer, especially Kasumi/Misty have in her arsenal?

Original; I think for Kasumi, she'd wear long jeans and a long-sleeves shirt that comes to her wrist or just below that. Her hairstyle might be the same or she'd have either long hair, or her short hair. I think her short hair style and her original hair style would be the most likely, Unless they want to make her much more different (I think the long hair would probably get Satoshi much more nervous around her- in a good way). Kasumi would also carry around Gyrados and... Kingdra? Maybe even Psyduck/Golduck, Azumarill, and 2 other pokemon... oh yes! Togekiss!

I'm not sure of Satoshi or the other ones yet, so I'll come back to that a little later.

~~

Misty Lover17

Shining Angel
    Years
  • Hey MistyLover17! Missed talking with you and seeing you on here ^^, and also glad you're doing well!

She looks very sweet, although I've never watched the series. As for the resemblance... well, it's sort of like her, at least her personality in certain ways and maybe her hair color tones--- but Misty doesn't have that long of hair unless she's Mermaid Misty which leaves me to question if she wore a wig then or naturally grew out her hair, and if that is the case, how fast does it grow (because in the first season she was able to keep her normal hairstyle without having it being cut all the time)?

That's really good to hear! I am happy to be posting in here again. Really missed being here........

Yep, you'd to watch the show. Shirley is a lovable character.<3

She's a really nice girl. She's kind, caring, friendly, and loving.

Years
  • So, let's start a new topic:
    If Pocket Monsters decided to have a season when the main characters get older (let's say in their 18+ years), what apparel would the characters wear and why? Would they realistically wear their own same outfit, or do you think they would wear modified versions of the outfit from the previous seasons? How about the power level of their Pokemon? What would each trainer, especially Kasumi/Misty have in her arsenal?

I think Misty would still have shorts and a short shirt of some sort. She's a water pokemon trainer, and when I think of water I think of the beach. And when I think of the beach I think of shorts and short shirts. So I think she would be wearing pretty much the same thing she wears now. A little different, not the same exact clothes, but similar.

Tkinc

Years
  • I think Misty would still have shorts and a short shirt of some sort. She's a water pokemon trainer, and when I think of water I think of the beach. And when I think of the beach I think of shorts and short shirts. So I think she would be wearing pretty much the same thing she wears now. A little different, not the same exact clothes, but similar.

You have a fair argument there. Well, even when you go to a beach you don't have to be wearing short shorts of the sort; I mean sometimes people just wear light clothing to the beach. It's still comfortable and representative of the 'meaning' of being at the beach. ~ The thing is, personally I think when a girl gets older, the acceptance of wearing particular clothing is more critical. For example, if a 12-14 year old girl wears short shorts and a small shirt, like Misty wears in the show, it will have a different implication of herself (from what I see as usually) if she wears the same thing when she is 18+ ~ But again, that is just my humble opinion. However, in a sense if she really is a water pokemon trainer she'd probably wear something like a swim suit, hopefully the most full-covered she can get, (that's my preference >_>) but it might just orient itself like the Fire Red/Leaf Green series.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • I saw in an odd Pokesho illustration a Misty in her mid twenties and I liked her outfit. I think it's on Pocketmonsters imageboard in the fanart section

So I noticed that that old art of Misty lying around is kinda in poor quality and the ones where the shading was added are pixelated
    The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !
    so I redid her art with full shading and large size. Yahoo! I even added a border around her to make her look sharp
    btw Flash is a botch to work with when it comes to lineart. Hands are almost impossible and you'll always end up with a wiggly line no matter what. However lineart is adjustable in a vector sort of way so it's not like you have to recolor through layers. can't really explain it...

Tkinc

Years
  • Older Misty Concepts?

I saw in an odd Pokesho illustration a Misty in her mid twenties and I liked her outfit. I think it's on Pocketmonsters imageboard in the fanart section

Do you have a screenshot of some sort?
    Is this the same Misty with blue jeans? I've seen something like that posted here, something like that?

Hmm, I haven't clicked on the full image, but it seems nice, and it reminds me of the old days =]. They should make new outfits for her, though! Especially if they plan a special season with her as one of the main casts.... {hopes for it}.

So other than this, how is everying going for you lately Crystal Clair?
    I know that Flash can be a pain, but it does it's job neatly, like Adobe Illustrator.

...The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !
    so I redid her art with full shading and large size. Yahoo! I even added a border around her to make her look sharp...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back