• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    You are absolutely right, its not all that hard at all and they can write her back into the main cast at anytime. It is NEVER too late to bring Misty back to the TV show but I must say when May was brought back I got the feeling that I was pushed to the ground and kicked incredibly hard in the stomach after I read an article about it. Four years is way too long and just references are NOT ENOUGH AT ALL in my mind and she really needs to show up.

Kasumi

Kasumi & Satoshi forever!
    Years
  • You mean HGSS series after Sinnoh League? If yes
    Hmm.. I haven't posted here for such a long time but I'm still a great Misty lover ^^ Which episodes do you exacly mean? I wonder if I saw them. The same as you I hope she will return after Down leaves the group at the end of the serie. Uh it's my dream. If not, can't they just bring her for a few episodes T T ?We should write a new petition. Kawaii faces Crystal Clair =D

Last edited:

Blue Houndoom

Water Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Thanks for having me!

Man, I miss Misty...

May was too goody-goody, with no personality, and Dawn's just a bit too much like Ash, which is kinda annoying...

At least Misty had her own personality, and didn't just do what everyone else was doing.

If she didn't wanna go somewhere, then dammit, she wasn't gonna go there!

And of course, we can't forget her infamous mallet of doom... Although I can't remember ever seeing it, except in the third episode, when she was telling Ash that she doesn't like carrots, peppers or bugs, and she slammed one with the mallet...

What I liked best about her, was the even though she was kinda a B****, it was usually when the boy deserved it. Okay, yeah, sometimes, she was just nuts, like slapping Ash in the first episode cause he said he was okay, when she was actually talking to Pikachu!

But hey, random acts of violence was one of the many things that made Misty... well, Misty! Which is why we all love her, right?

Some of us just a bit too much, from what I've been reading... ;)

Years
  • Knock, knock. May I join?

Misty is the most awesome gym leader ever! :D She's not the stereotypical girly girl. I want Misty to return. She's the most interesting of the three main girls, and she's the only one to dress like Jessie from Team Rocket. (It was so funny when she did the motto with Ash, Brock and Duplica. (I love Pokeshipping! It's my favorite ship! I love the chemistry between her and Ash.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Man, it's been a while since I posted on here.

Hope you all have had a good christmas. Me, it wasn't exactly the best of Christmases, as I mostly got clothes, money, books relating to Raymond Benson, as well as dvds. Not any video games, however.

Also, after I got done with my College finals, I had gone over to Italy, where I did tours of Ostia Antica, the Colosseum, the Roma Forums, Palantine Hill, EUR's museum of Roman Civilization, and I also looked at the sacred steps and Saint John's Basilica and the Pantheon. After I got home from Italy, we had to rearrange the House back to what it once was (it still needs work, though.), as we had to clear mostly everything in order to regloss the wood floor as well as renovate Dad's office. I wasn't really able to get signatures this semester, however, although I do plan on recruiting people the coming semester, which comes at the 11th of January.

Also, sad news to report is that the current SPPf Misty club has been shut down. This is especially devastating, because it's highly unlikely that another Misty Club will be made after this.

Now, some good news is that, according to intel supplied by Melody83, Pokemon Sunday is going to start off the new year with two HOSO episodes relating to Misty, as well as one of the episodes from the Mirage Arc. This basically means that we might have a Misty reappearance soon, if not a return to the main cast from our beloved redheaded savior.

Also, we need to work hard on getting people to join Waterflower World, since we are suffering from a drought in activity.

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Hey, I have good Christmas the same like every year, ehh. Happy New Year All! Maybe this year will be better for bringing Misty back, what I strongly believe.

Also, sad news to report is that the current SPPf Misty club has been shut down. This is especially devastating, because it's highly unlikely that another Misty Club will be made after this.
    Yes it's sad news, because probably when any user will make new club again, it will not be as good as older (already fourth).

Now, some good news is that, according to intel supplied by Melody83, Pokemon Sunday is going to start off the new year with two HOSO episodes relating to Misty, as well as one of the episodes from the Mirage Arc. This basically means that we might have a Misty reappearance soon, if not a return to the main cast from our beloved redheaded savior.
    I saw her post at Bulbagarden forums about it. Sadly, her thread was immediately closed by Geodude. But this info give me optimistic thinking about Misty.

Blue Houndoom

Water Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Oh. My. God.

Any news of Misty possibly coming back can only be good!:)

Of course, seeing as the same people who got rid of her in the first place are also responsible for bringing her back, I'm starting to wonder if they ever will...

But, I still have hope for the final episode.

I'll bet they have Ash and Misty finally kiss in the final episode.;)

They can't do it sooner, because that'd make the show for teens, and they try to target the under 10 group...

I don't think that they realize that most of the Pokemon fans are in their late teens and early-to-late twenties now.

Like me. Hey, I'm not ashamed to admit it. Provided I'm anonymous...

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Any news of Misty possibly coming back can only be good!:)

Of course, seeing as the same people who got rid of her in the first place are also responsible for bringing her back, I'm starting to wonder if they ever will...

But, I still have hope for the final episode.

Seeing how they haven't unveiled a new pokemon yet, I won't be surprised if the final episode comes soon, especially given the whole ratings issue. One of my Aunts works in the advertisement industry, and one of my uncles is a professor of Marketing/advertising at UNC Chapel Hill, so I definitely have some nowledge that the lower ratings on Pokemon, even in Japan, will end up getting it to die soon.

I'll bet they have Ash and Misty finally kiss in the final episode.;)

Suit yourself if you believe this. Me? I'd probably remain neutral on the subject.

They can't do it sooner, because that'd make the show for teens, and they try to target the under 10 group...

You know, I never really understood that logic. Just because kissing is involved, it must automatically be PG-13 material? Disney had gotten away with kissing in their movies before, and many of those movies were kid oriented. Now, granted, if the kiss was extremely passionate as to cause them to have sex, or if there is stuff similar to what Quagmire does on Family Guy, I'd understand completely why that would make it for teens, if not for adults.

I don't think that they realize that most of the Pokemon fans are in their late teens and early-to-late twenties now.

Like me. Hey, I'm not ashamed to admit it. Provided I'm anonymous...

Never really liked the whole attitude of "you can do anything without shame if you are anonymous", seeing how it's because of that attitude that I've been victimized and humiliated on BMGf and SPPf, causing people to insult me quite a few times just because I'm a Misty fan.

Blue Houndoom

Water Pokemon Master
    Years
  • No offense, mate...

I just meant that the American producers try to make it for kids, even though there is more than enough adult stuff. (Which you never really notice until you hang around Pokemopolis... ;))

Quote from weedle_mchairybug: Never really liked the whole attitude of "you can do anything without shame if you are anonymous", seeing how it's because of that attitude that I've been victimized and humiliated on BMGf and SPPf, causing people to insult me quite a few times just because I'm a Misty fan.

Man, that sucks... Anyway, 'anonymous' was the closest word I could think of at the time, as I was up late, and my brain had shut down. Now that I've had time to sleep, and read what I'd posted, I think that what my sleep-deprived brain was going for was, 'as long as no-one knows how obsessive I've become...', or something like that.

If you're wondering about the time-gap between the posts, we lost our connection for a fair while. I'm on a stupid public connection right now... I miss the privacy of my own bedroom! :(

Also, for some reason, I can't posted any smileys other than the standard wink, smile, or sad... The above 'depressed' is just a standard 'sad' face... It keeps saying that I can't post links to other URL's until I've done 15 posts... And it won't let me do quotes! What's up with that?!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I just meant that the American producers try to make it for kids, even though there is more than enough adult stuff. (Which you never really notice until you hang around Pokemopolis... ;))

Quote from weedle_mchairybug: Never really liked the whole attitude of "you can do anything without shame if you are anonymous", seeing how it's because of that attitude that I've been victimized and humiliated on BMGf and SPPf, causing people to insult me quite a few times just because I'm a Misty fan.

Man, that sucks... Anyway, 'anonymous' was the closest word I could think of at the time, as I was up late, and my brain had shut down. Now that I've had time to sleep, and read what I'd posted, I think that what my sleep-deprived brain was going for was, 'as long as no-one knows how obsessive I've become...', or something like that.

Well, I haven't really been to Pokemopolis (and probably don't plan to, anyways).

Also, I knda understand about that. Although I'm a Misty fan who is completely focused on the effort on bringing her back, I'm definitely not obsessed with bringing her back. If I were, I definitely would have flunked High School as a result, and I definitely would not have been able to even get a burger flipping job. Unfortunately, despite my explaining why she needs to come back, and giving actual proof about it, and explaining how it relates, people still think that we cannot bring her back. I mean, if we can't bring her back just because it seems unlikely, then how the heck were we even able to declare independence from Britain, abolish slavery, gain civil rights, get feminism, and all of that? Last time I checked, those were most certainly a minority, anyways.

If you're wondering about the time-gap between the posts, we lost our connection for a fair while. I'm on a stupid public connection right now... I miss the privacy of my own bedroom! :(

Also, for some reason, I can't posted any smileys other than the standard wink, smile, or sad... The above 'depressed' is just a standard 'sad' face... It keeps saying that I can't post links to other URL's until I've done 15 posts... And it won't let me do quotes! What's up with that?!

I can't explain the quotes or Smileys problem, but I have heard that you have to make posts outside of the club in order to post links (as apparently posts in clubs don't count towards postcount.).

And I can understand about the loss of internet connection, during MLK weekend (which I had to stay for two more days than usual due to tuesday being a Furlough Day), my internet connection, and all computers except for the office computer's internet connection went on the fritz. Turns out an adaptor cable had worn out (my dad's computer was the main hub for the internet, which was still directly connected to the Internet instead of being connected via a router, which was the reason why his computer still worked.

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Seeing how this thread is near to be closed (almost 1 month without post), I decided to write something for keeping this alive.

Unfortunately, despite my explaining why she needs to come back, and giving actual proof about it, and explaining how it relates, people still think that we cannot bring her back. I mean, if we can't bring her back just because it seems unlikely, then how the heck were we even able to declare independence from Britain, abolish slavery, gain civil rights, get feminism, and all of that? Last time I checked, those were most certainly a minority, anyways.
    But, what can we do? I have no idea, except for hoping and praying. Petitions don't work, letters too. Anyway, Sinnoh saga is ending in September or October. This is a chance for Misty to return. I still hope that they're preparing something with Misty, cause she hasn't been in show for 5 years.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Seeing how this thread is near to be closed (almost 1 month without post), I decided to write something for keeping this alive.

I kinda agree. All right, EVERYONE! From now on, we have to use any free time to talk about Misty on here if this club is to survive. You can still do anything else in your free time as you please, but please try to set aside some of this free time to post on this club. I can't tell you just how many times a club of long standing got shut down with new clubs rebirthing with a significantly shorter lifespan than the previous club [to the extent that sometimes, it falls far off the mark.].

But, what can we do? I have no idea, except for hoping and praying. Petitions don't work, letters too. Anyway, Sinnoh saga is ending in September or October. This is a chance for Misty to return. I still hope that they're preparing something with Misty, cause she hasn't been in show for 5 years.

I hope Misty is to appear as well. However, things are looking a bit bleak now. I did hope that they would have Misty appear for a water pokemon tournament sometime before the league, but after the announcement of the new gen appearing either this september or this november, which is resulting in what is presumed to be a quite sloppily rushed end to the Volkner gym battle, the Ranger specials, the Grand Festival, The leagues, and if possible the E4 Cup being challenged [this isn't even taking into account the fact that we are also going to have breaks due to Baseball as usual], I've got a bad feeling that they won't have Misty appear.

As for how we'll do it, there's more ways to try and bring Misty back than just petitions and boycotting. I myself had created a set of videos explaining why Misty needs to come back onto the show (although I'm personally disappointed at how it turned out, as I had to cut a lot of things out due to a combination of time (I promised my classmates I'd do it by the end of summer vacation) as well as the fact that my editing program's blurring process is complete trash [the tool can only blur once, and you have to splice multiple videos together to even create something close to a multi-blur, which also results in choppy sound/footage [like this strange double-voice echo].].). I also plan on trying to have Satoshi Tajiri and anyone else directly involved with the anime that left set the anime writers straight. I might also have a segment of the fanbase split up and surround/protest the two main Pokemon production buildings (Pokemon Company International, and the Japanese HQs themselves.). However, that plan may have to be delayed right now [I need to learn Japanese, especially to the extent that I'd sound like a native speaker when talking to the Japanese writers/producers when revealing to them that they should bring Misty back.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • If worse comes to worse and there's no more to discuss here, we can always post pics.

I just can't let a club that is this old die.

I'm working on a Pokemon character archive and that requires me to watch the old episodes so I'll take some pictures of Misty that I think are nice.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, as I've said before, we'll need to try and make some time for the club. Make it at any point you have free time, especially during weekends.

If worse comes to worse and there's no more to discuss here, we can always post pics.

Great Idea (although let's not focus too much on pics, ok?) BTW, speaking of pics, you might need to change your AshxPaul pic on your signature, seeing how it is no longer visible.

Not that I particularly care for that ship, though (to be honest, even if I didn't believe in Love at First Sight... ahh, you know what, I'll just save my opinion to a blog entry. I'd better pay my fee.)

I just can't let a club that is this old die.

Yeah, I agree. I definitely can't let this club die, especially seeing how after the Misty club on SPPf was closed, the succeeding clubs closed quite quickly (I'm not even sure if SPPf will even have another Misty club after the loss of the fourth Misty club.).

I'm working on a Pokemon character archive and that requires me to watch the old episodes so I'll take some pictures of Misty that I think are nice.

Good luck with that.

And as I said before, I am still going to bring Misty back.

Years
  • What would be fantastic is if Nintendo made Misty be a rival in a new Pokemon RPG game. The protagonist could be her cousin. In GSC, she said she would like to travel one day. If she was a rival in the game, she could appear in the anime more often.

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Yes. On YouTube there are still coming new comments to movies from Misty Fans. I really hope there are more fans than Dawn and May.

Good fanart mistywishmaker.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back