• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Yeah, I agree. The mere fact that one of the petitions ranked over 30000 signatures (which is one of the largest, if I may add) would almost be like a cherry on top compared to these facts. I'm surprised that the writers didn't seem to notice this and try to bring her back.

If I must say, the vocal minority seems to actually those who don't want Misty back, and not the ones who are true fans of Misty.

Well, if there is a way to organize all of these Misty fans, we will make sure she comes back.

EDIT: Then again, considering how recent rumors have Misty possibly making an appearance at least on April Fools day, they might have listened to us. However, we'll still need to take the info with a grain of salt, since knowing the date, it could easily be an April Fools Day joke done early.

Last edited:

Blue Houndoom

Water Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Hey, I'm back... what do you mean, did you leave?!

Wow, I haven't posted anything since the end of January...

Well, I have been busy playing Platinum, and a couple of old Zelda games... You know, Ages, Seasons and Link's Awakening DX, that kinda thing... Which doesn't leave much time for clubs and forums, you know?

I've also been writing some fan-fiction for the Pokemon Tower. I just posted a nice little song-fic, under the name of "Professor Wolfsbane", called 'You & Me'. If you check it out, and like it, I also have more fics under the name of "Aussie Wolf".

FREE PLUG, YAY!!!

Most of my fics are Misty-centric... I even have a massive Misty Saga I'm in the process of writing, although I've only finished two of the six stories...

I should really get around to finishing some of that, BEFORE Heart Gold and Soul Silver come out, and I have to lock myself away in my room for two months to play them to death...

Oh well, at least Misty's in those games... And true to form, she yells at the 'hero' for bugging her... hehehe...

Dammit, this things still not letting me do smileys... It just keeps saying that I can't post URL's to other sites until I've done 15 posts! But I'm not doing an URL to another site, I just want a damned smiley!

Okay, I'm done ranting...

Oh, and legendroanw, welcome, and thanks for joining. Seeing as no-one else seemed to have noticed you creeping into the conversation there... You ninja you...

Years
  • Misty is the coolest! She has great water Pokemon. She's clever, talented, and funny. Misty needs to come back and have more Pokeshipping moments with Ash. We should all write letters to Nintendo and ask them to put Misty in a future Pokemon game so they will bring her back into the anime. In GSC, she said she wanted to travel someday. She can travel in a new Pokemon game, and make an anime appearence since they love to advertise.

Zizi

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom
    Years
  • I've wanted Misty back in the show for so long! Just to have the old trio of Ash, Misty and Brock all together again would be awesome cos they fitted together like no other group since! Misty's attitude was deffo a key component to making them such an awesome trio, she should deffo be brought back! Also compared to May and Dawn she was a much better trainer! Just my opinion lol but she was very strong willed and I'd much rather be watching a girl with that kind of attitude. :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, Spring Break (at least for me) is about to be over soon. I'll try to get signatures from my college peers sometime before early May relating to Misty coming back.

The Spring Break as a whole was a bit uneventful for me. I had to deal with my dog needing to recover from surgery (he had a large bladder stone), I failed my Driver's exam for the third time, and I also have yet to locate Jodi Benson yet (I need to ask her a few questions relating to both TLM and MGS [the latter is because she's suspected to be Suzetta Minet, the voice actress for EVA.].). I've also had some trouble with my computer (we were hit with a Guardian XP 10 upgrade that is a fisher, so we had to take it into Delta Computers in order to remove the popup.).

Anyways, I think we need to organize everyone who is a Misty fan to help bring Misty back, as we need an organized effort to even attempt to convince the writers.

kasumi_chan_x

Nevermore
    Years
  • It's been almost 2 years since I've posted here and still no Misty appearance :/

I guess all we Misty fans can do is just wait and hope for an appearance some time soon...or ever. For now though I have been very consumed in the new HeartGold pokemon game. I think Misty's new gym outfit design is pretty nice!

Anyways, I think we need to organize everyone who is a Misty fan to help bring Misty back, as we need an organized effort to even attempt to convince the writers.

Not sure what much we could do :/ it has been confirmed that she will never be permanently back. What do you have in mind?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    It's been almost 2 years since I've posted here and still no Misty appearance :/

I guess all we Misty fans can do is just wait and hope for an appearance some time soon...or ever. For now though I have been very consumed in the new HeartGold pokemon game. I think Misty's new gym outfit design is pretty nice!

I've stayed away from the games, anime, and merchandise since instigating the boycott.

Not sure what much we could do :/ it has been confirmed that she will never be permanently back. What do you have in mind?

Well, I was thinking we expand our getting more people so that we not only gain more signatures, but we also make sure they also join us as well. Similar to Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops's recruitment system, although without the knocking out the people and placing him/her into a truck, of course. (Speaking of which, I got the Peace Walker demo, it's pretty good.).

As for it being "confirmed" that Misty will never be permanently back, I doubt it. Yes, we had the word from Masamitsu Hidaka, but a few things we should note is that: 1. Masamitsu Hidaka is no longer the director of the series anymore, so his word won't be set in stone this time around, 2. Masamitsu Hidaka has had a questionable amount of credibility both during his time as director and after (he and his writers have once stated that Ash's Father was to appear in Johto, yet they recinded on that statement, which is the same as lying to me. That's also not getting into the issue about how he seemed to not know about Platinum despite being covered immensely by Pokemon Sunday, CoroCoro, and even Movie 12.), and 3. He himself also admitted that Brock would also not return during the Orange Islands, yet changed his mind about it when he realized that America doesn't care about what he looks like. If he can easily change his mind about Brock's fate, Misty's fate can also be changed.

The only true confirmation that Misty won't return (IE, the only one that actually is guaranteed to be 100% confirmation) is if the show ended up being cancelled (Since obviously Misty can't reappear if the show ends.).

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I failed my Driver's exam for the third time
    Good luck in next trys. It's sad. Recently, I failed seventh attempt in driver exam and I'm fed up. Sadly, I haven't money for next trys, so I can't continue. I'm sad now, cause I lost about 1000$ and I have nothing. So good luck. I hope you won't end like me.

What about Misty. Yes. I agree that Masamitsu Hidaka might not tell us all the truth. Besides that was 3 years ago (If think well). Everything might change from this time. I still believe that she will rejoin the group, because she wasn't shown for a long time. Even though it's a small chance.

Yeah, I agree. The mere fact that one of the petitions ranked over 30000 signatures (which is one of the largest, if I may add) would almost be like a cherry on top compared to these facts. I'm surprised that the writers didn't seem to notice this and try to bring her back.
    I found actually the newest one. https://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/mistybacktopokemon

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Good luck in next trys. It's sad. Recently, I failed seventh attempt in driver exam and I'm fed up. Sadly, I haven't money for next trys, so I can't continue. I'm sad now, cause I lost about 1000$ and I have nothing. So good luck. I hope you won't end like me.

Well, I do have to try and register for an exam (I'm planning to place it on a friday, since that's the only time other than a weekend that I can theoretically take my drivers test without worrying about crowds (since the major participants, High School Students, have to wait until 3 PM at the earliest to take their drivers test. Also, good luck at getting back your $1000 and retaking the test.

One of the primary motivations for getting my Drivers License is so I won't have to take the bus anyways (I can't begin to tell you just how I nearly end up late for class due to the bus running late.). Although I also need one so I could try and interview JB at her house. I have located her, though.

What about Misty. Yes. I agree that Masamitsu Hidaka might not tell us all the truth. Besides that was 3 years ago (If think well). Everything might change from this time. I still believe that she will rejoin the group, because she wasn't shown for a long time. Even though it's a small chance.

Yeah, I agree with that. Besides, he wouldn't have as much access to the truth about the show as he did in the past anyways, considering how he's been demoted to a mere Background Artist instead of the Director. I also think she'll return to the group eventually. The only way that she wouldn't after all is if the show was cancelled.

I'll be sure to sign that if I get the chance.

BTW, I'm currently annoyed with Bulbapedia, seeing how I really need to make a certain change on a certain article, but I can't due to it being inactive due to server problems. It's also taking a very long time.

The change relates with Date with Delcatty, as the ending just seemed out of place, even IF this was how the dub went, or the Japanese version. Misty wouldn't "like" being a Gym Leader, and she certainly wouldn't refer to it as her "calling." I mean, if it were indeed her calling, she'd ditch her friends just like Tracey did with the opportunity of becoming Oak's assisstant, as well as acting exactly like him. Not to mention acting exactly like Jason Fox in regards to the first day of School in FoxTrot. I mean, a Gym Leader who enjoys the job and even referring to it as being her own calling would NEVER, and I do mean NEVER, try to visit Hoenn, even IF it was for a friend, and she definitely wouldn't deliberately delay her return to the Gym (which she did deliberately do in the Kanto reunion episodes prior to the battle frontier.).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Sorry for double posting, but we've got a week left before the month deadline, so I think we really need to step it up a notch.

If you're going to have a busy time, fine, go ahead. However, at least leave some spare time to post on the club. I don't want the club to die out, especially considering how the SPPf clubs haven't been restarted.

Anyways, about Misty, I haven't gotten started on the petitions yet, but I will start them soon. I've done all of my Statistics homework for the weekend, I've read chapter 15 of my Physical Geology first time, and I plan to do it the second time after class on Monday. By the time Tuesday rolls around, I'll try to ask people around for their support.

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Sorry for double posting, but we've got a week left before the month deadline, so I think we really need to step it up a notch.
    Yeah. I know. I wanted to post closely before 1 month limit. I don't want this thread to die too.

I strongly expect Misty to come back in September (DP ending - yeah!). If she doesn't show up, I will probably give up my hopes for her any return.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, I have heard of some interesting news that might work in our favor.

Apparently, a news flash mentions something about the break up of the DP gang, making a pretty big deal out of it. Assuming the rumors are true, that means that both Dawn and Brock are leaving.

Due to this, we have about... three, maybe four possibilities in regards to the new group:

Possibility 1: Ash, BW Boy, and BW Girl.

Possibility 2: Ash, BW Girl, and Misty.

Possibility 3: Ash, BW Boy, BW Girl, and Misty.

It's about 2/3rds likely from these possibilities that Misty might return.

Relax, you can still join even though Silent Tattsu had left. I myself joined long after she left.

I have as well....and sorry for not posting over a year and half...I have been extremely busy with senior year and all that stuff! However, I am back for good! I just started watching the first couple of seasons of Misty and it just reminds me how much I miss her and the good old days :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, I guess it's time to catch up, then.

We have about a 67-75% chance of Misty returning to the main cast now. We know that there are going to be at least two open spots on the main cast after DP (Assuming Ash is going to continue into the BW region), as the writers are placing a much bigger emphasis on Brock and Dawn leaving (Dawn and Brock have this advert that has sad music, implying that they'll leave, not to mention the summary for the final events of DP, namely the League and the Grand Festival.). The possible scenarioes, assuming Ash doesn't leave, are:

1. Ash, BW Boy, and BW Girl
    2. Ash, BW Girl, and Misty
    3. Ash, BW Boy, and Misty
    4. Ash, BW Boy, BW Girl, and Misty

We can rule out May, seeing how she's doing contests, and explicitly snubbed Ash and said she wants to do it on her own. Max also can't join because he's still underage, and it's not even known if he even knows where Ash will be (besides which, Ash implies that, IF they ever meet again, it would most likely be as rivals.). Tracey would have absolutely no reason to rejoin Ash again as he's actually doing something he enjoys (being Oak's assistant), and Dawn/Brock is obvious. Therefore, the only possible returning character who could fill in the spot is Misty. Unlike the other characters, she's more than capable, and willing, to travel with Ash, and she doesn't like Gym Leading, anyways.

Again, that's assuming that Ash doesn't leave and they don't do a complete reboot of the series.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back