• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
    Spoiler:

Current Team:
    :t033: Virgilius the Nidorino
    Lv. 31
    Poison Sting
    Tackle
    Horn Attack
    Double Kick

:t130: Rainer the Gyarados
    Lv. 31
    Surf
    Strength
    Dragon Rage
    Tackle

:t156: Boitumelo the Quilava
    Lv. 31
    Cut
    Tackle
    Flame Wheel
    Ember

:t017: Mbali the Pidgeotto
    Lv. 33
    Wing Attack
    Whirlwind
    Gust
    Quick Attack

In the Box:
    Spoiler:

Dead:
    Spoiler:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    After what,4 months of Nuzlocking I think I'm going to return.I will reign surpreme with Heart Gold.

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
    Spoiler:

Current Team:
    :t157: Boitumelo the Typhlosion
    Lv. 51 @ Charcoal
    Headbutt
    Flame Wheel
    Thunderpunch
    Earthquake

:t169: Hafeez the Crobat
    Lv. 55
    Haze
    Wing Attack
    Bite
    Confuse Ray

:t099: Rudo the Kingler
    Lv. 62
    Crabhammer
    Stomp
    Vicegrip
    Surf

:t085: Zaid the Dodrio
    Lv. 55 @ Pink Bow
    Pursuit
    Drill Peck
    Tri Attack
    Fly

:t119: Hala the Seaking
    Lv. 51 @ Mystic Water
    Waterfall
    Fury Attack
    Surf
    Horn Attack

Boxed:
    Spoiler:

Dead:
    Spoiler:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Spoiler:

Most Likely an Update tommorow

(Nickname/Pokémon Name/Level/Moves)
    Volcan/Cyndaquil/8/Tackle,Leer,Smokescreen
    Boulder/Geodude/3/Tackle,Defence Curl

Darksualc

Farm animal champion
    Years
    Firered Nuzlocke run

Trained a lot and went to Saffron Gym. Beated it with Anna's Return.
    Defeated Giovanni in Viridian Gym.
    Defeated Rival.
    Caught a Machoke in Victory Road. Named her Wanda.
    Got through Victory Road.

My team:
    Spoiler:

Box:
    Spoiler:

RIP:
    Spoiler:

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
    My emulator crashed right before challenging Red losing an entire day's worth of work. I had first raised a new Nidoqueen, then dropped it, my Crobat and my Seaking and replaced them with an Ampharos, a Muk and a Marowak. Everyone on my team was at least level 65. I don't think I will redo everything I did, therefore I will have to drop out of the challenge.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    After being gone for much too long (a peculiar building game involving mining and crafting sucked me in!), I've decided that I would resume my activities in the Pokécommunity, starting with updating my Nuzlocke adventure! Expect the next update soon!

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    -Caught a Bellsprout,Flora.on Route 32.Nothing on Route 31 cause it got Crit.ed

-Progressed through the Bellsorout tower and caught my self a Gastly,Gas (Named after my Nuzlocke winning Gengar from Platinum)Trained Him against the Bellsprouts till I ran out of Lick PP.Then swept with Volcan.

-Soak being Soak.

-Boulder Swept Right Through Falkner and his Lackies.

-So Far so good made it through the first Gym of the game without any Deaths.

Team

Volcan/13/Ember,Leer,Smokescreen,Quick Attack
    Boulder/12/Tackle,Defense Curl,Rock Throw,Rock Polish
    Flora/6/Vine Whip
    Gas/8/Lick,Hypnosis,Spite,Mean Look

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
    So far:
    Named myself Corey
    Rival named Fake.
    Picked Charmander (Zippo...had a lighter sitting next to me haha)
    Fought Rival......
    Lost :_(
    Started over.
    Named myself Corey
    Rival named Fake.
    Picked Charmander (Zippo JR in respect to my other guy)
    Won against Fake.
    HELL YEA!!!
    Got the Dex.

Not a big update but still an update.
    Will be making a comic of my progress soon.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    @niprop yes the game you speak of is quite addicting
    @drag0nfangz-I can't read japanese so half the plot will probably be made up :P

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I caught another Geodude (Statue) in Union Cave and a Rattata (Joey) in Route 33.Beat Bugzy Single Handedly with Boulder and the Rival Was defeated with Joey,Flora and Volcan.I also caught a Caterpie (Butter) and Im going to grind it to lvl 10 before I proceed to Goldenrod.

My Team
    Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Shnappy

First-ever pants pokemon
    Years
    Is using Pokemon Centers against the rules?

(Question, is there anywhere I can just keep a log of all of this rather than posting over and over again?)

Pokemon Ruby Nuzlocke Challenge progress:

Named myself GEYSER. Proceeded to save Prof. Birch from Poochyena with FROND. (Treecko)

Went back to lab, Prof. Birch gives me FROND to keep. Go up toward Oldale Town, battling along the way. Proceed to battle my way up to MAY.

Defeated MAY with FROND at level 8.

Went back to LITTLEROOT, got the Running Shoes.
    Battled until level 11, caught PRECIOUS to Poochyena at level 3.
    Went out toward PETALBURG, battled wild Pokemon and Trainers. Caught CHUBBETTE the Wurmple.
    Arrived at PETALBURG. FROND is level 11. PRECIOUS is level 7. Placed CHUBBETTE in the PC.
    Trained in the grass with PRECIOUS for a little while. Caught SWOSHY the Surskit.
    Trained more. Caught PSYCH the Ralts.
    Placed PSYCH in the PC.
    Trained with SWOSHY.

End for now. :'D

I will continue on more later today.

DEATHS: 0

SWOSHY: Level 4
    FROND: Level 11
    PRECIOUS: Level 7

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    @Shnappy:Nope it Isnt

-Today joey called about his Top Percentage Ratatta :D
    Then Joey Died 5 mins after the call (The first death really hurts D:)

Butter Evolved

And I caught a Pinsir (Percia) in National Park and a Drowzee (Dumbo) in the DayCare Route

Training

Team
    Spoiler:

Dead
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2010
    I started a Nuzlocke challenge on my Pokemon Ruby tonight.
    I chose Treeko as my start (nicknamed Geico)
    These are the rules I will play by:
    1. If a Pokemon Faints, its dead, release it.

3. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. If you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    4. You must nickname all of your Pokemon

6. Trading sort of ruins the purpose. Egg trading is okay, same thing with Pokemon that can't have eggs.
    7. Change the battle style to SET.

I am modifying rule 2 into: you cannot outside of battle except agains the Elite Four. At least for now. Since that is a while away, I may change it back by then.

The legendary fight(s) will be my sort of break from the challenge. Rules will not apply, and I will catch them to transfer to my heart gold. I will not, however, use them in game.

One last question: when defining area, if a cave has multiple rooms, does each room count as an area, or is the entire cave treated as one area? Basically, this matters for me because I would like to take a chance at catching a Bagon, but if the latter is true, I will not be able to do so.
    My journey begins:
    As I introduced myself around Littleroot town, I heard a commotion from the path to the north. A man was being attacked by a Poochyena. I picked up a pokeball and threw out a Treeko to fight it. It grew to level 6 after winning the fight. After defeating it, the man (Prof. Birch) took me back to his lab, and gave me the Treeko as a gift. I nicknamed him Geico.

Meeting May:
    The professor told me that I should go meet his daughter, May, who is apparently an experienced trainer and could teach me more about pokemon. I left Littleroot town, picking up a potion I had left at home, just in case I had to use it in an emergency situation...or to sell it for a small profit!

I walked down route 101 and was challenged by a Zigzagoon! Having no poke balls, I could not catch it, and thus cannot catch a pokemon on this route. I arrived at Oldale town, and tried to go west to route 102, but a young man blocked me, saying he was tracing the foot prints of a rare pokemon...too bad for him, I saw they were from his shoes! Deciding not to bother, I proceeded north, onto route 103. I met another Zigzagoon here (blast!), and found myself in front of May. We had our first battle. Her Torchic was tough, but I managed to beat it with a string of pounds. Geico grew to level 7 and learned absorb. We made our way back to Littleroot town, where I received the Pokedex from Prof. Birch!

To Petalburg!
    I decided to continue exploring (and go see Dad!). As I was about to leave, my mom stopped me and gave me my Running Shoes! With these I can see dad in no time at all!
    I reached Oldale town, and now I could continue onto route 102 (the young man figured out they were his prints all along!). Before leaving, I went to the shop and bought 10 pokeballs (receiving a free Premier ball as a bonus!). I stepped out onto Route 102, and in the first patch of grass I encountered a Ralts (Female, named Priscilla). I used absorb to weaken it, and caught it in a Premier ball! I decided to back track to the Pokemon center, and heal it up. Unfortunately it only knows Growl...its going to take a lot to get it battle ready!

"Have you Seen Wally?":
    Once in Petalburg, I heard a woman talking about her son having gone missing. Apparently, they were just about to move, and he ran off somewhere...
    I decided to go visit my dad at his gym! I barely got to talking with him, when a sickly looking boy walked in.
    "Can...you help me get a pokemon...sir?"...he began to relate his story. His name was Wally, and he was the missing boy, who wanted to take a pokemon with him before he moved. My dad lent him a Zigzagoon and a Poke ball (just like dad to help out!), and I went along to make sure he was OK. Sure enough, a few steps into grass, he ran into a male Ralts! Though a bit shaky, he successfully caught it! We went back to my dad, and he went off to meet with his Parents, while I finally got a chance to catch up. Dad encouraged me to take the Pokemon challenge, and come back later to fight him after I got more badges. With that, I was off to the west onto Route 104 and Rustboro!

Petalburg Woods:
    I went onto Route 104 and immediately met, and caught, a Female Zigzagoon (level 4, female, named Goon). It seemed to like picking at the ground a lot. It even found a Rare Candy someone had carelessly dropped! Oh well...more treasure for me!
    I fought a couple trainers (Priscilla leveled up to 6, learning confusion, and then to 7) went past an old Shack by a dock, and entered Petalburg Woods. It was surprisingly dark in here, but I persevered. I moved forward, and encountered a Silcoon! (Level 5, Female, Nicknamed Monarch). An easy catch, but like Priscilla, without some attacking moves its going to be hard to train it...though I can't wait to see what it looks like after it comes out of its cocoon!
    I ran into a weird man who asked me if I had seen Shroomish around, since they were his favorite pokemon. He noticed I was a trainer, and gave me a Great Ball. No sooner than this happened, did a guy in a weird Red hooded shirt came up and attacked him. I intervened, easily defeating him, and watched him run off...I had a feeling that I was not done with him yet though. The man thanked me, told me he worked for a company called Devon in Rustboro, and said I should visit him there!

Death Reminds Us of His Presence:
    The rest of my trip through the woods looked to be going well, but my team was a little worn down by all of the training. I ran into a trainer with a Nincada. Priscilla was leading my team, and with confusion got it down a fair amount (all he did was harden a few turns)...but then it used Leech Life and severely damaged Priscilla. Since she was severely damaged, I switched her out for Geico, who also got hit by a critical Leech Life on the Switch. Things were not looking up. Nincada had healed quite a bit, and Geico was not gonna KO it before falling. I made a hard choice and sent in Goon, using Tailwhip to lower its defense and tackle a few times to weaken it back. I had an eye on things, making sure I'd pull him back before one last attack could kill it...when it criticalled, taking Goon down! Enraged, I sent Geico out again, and used Absorb to damage Nincada quite a bit, and heal some health. Enough to survive one more leech life, afterwhich I used one more absorb to finally defeat it.
    I was shocked. I had not expected such a tragedy to happen this soon. I immediately backtracked to Petalburg, to the Pokemon Center, and asked the nurse if she could do anything. Unfortunately, Goon had passed on. In tears, I took her back to Route 104, and found a spot by the beach she loved to Pick at, and buried her. Though our time together was short lived, I will not forget her sacrifice for me...never again will I be so careless! With this in my heart, I healed up at the Pokemon Center, and pushed through the Petalburg Woods, coming out on the other half of Route 104 on the other side.

Rustboro And Rest:
    This half of 104 was very interesting. Immediately I smelt the aroma of fresh flowers...there was a flower shop right in front of me! I walked in, and got a few Berries to plant, and a Wailmer shaped pail to help water them! I also met a very helpful, albeit strange, man shooting seeds into the field. He gave me a TM to teach bullet seed to one of my Pokemon! I decided to hold onto it, not sure if Geico wanted to learn the move.
    I fought a few more trainers, including my first double battle! It sure was different. I personally found focusing on one at a time was the easiest way to win, but there seemed to be moves that affected both opponents...By the end, Geico was level 11, Monarch was level 7, and Priscilla was level 8.
    Having finished exploring Route 104, I went into Rustboro city. I went and checked out the "Trainer School". It was all info I knew from watching dad battle, but the Teacher was nice enough to give me a Quick Claw! I walked around a bit, but having enough excitement for one day, I went to the pokemon center and decided to rest.

Summary:
    Currently in Rustboro. Badges: 0/8
    Current Team:
    Geico (Level 11 Treecko Male)
    Priscilla (Level 8 Ralts Female)
    Monarch (Level 7 Silcoon Female)

Dead:
    Goon (Level 4 Zigzagoon, caught at level 4 Female) =( Though I could sneak past the trainer. Gave his life to save Gecko

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Ok I lost Volcan to a Kadabra's Confusion D: I will avange you volcan (Lvl 5-Lvl 16)

Trained Percia to Lvl 18 so he can get Revenge for Whitney.

The Battle went like This.

Percia Harden 6 times then Metronome gets Perish Song.I revenge to get some damage.Then Switch to Gas who unfortunatly got hit by a Metronomed Dark Pulse in the switch in and had 3 HP left (That was way to close)i switched back to Percia and swept after more Hardens.

Team
    Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Deceased
    Spoiler:

EDIT: Butter Died to a Crit Tackle from Skiploom (Lvl 5 - Lvl 16)
    I caught 2 New Pokemon Zubat (Buffy) and Magnemite (Revolt) and Revolt died to a Crit Water Gun from Psyduck (Lvl 15 - Lvl 16) Training for Morty.

(Team,Box,and Deceasced next Post)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    One last question: when defining area, if a cave has multiple rooms, does each room count as an area, or is the entire cave treated as one area? Basically, this matters for me because I would like to take a chance at catching a Bagon, but if the latter is true, I will not be able to do so.

As far as I'm aware (and this is how I've played throughout my Nuzlocke run) the entire cave is treated as one area. That does sadly mean that Bagon will not be catchable, unless you're allowing yourself to use Repels (I didn't allow them). Good luck with the rest of your run! I like reading updates that are written in story form, so I look forward to reading the rest of yours.

As for my run, I've hit a bit of an impasse (and I went on holiday for a bit) so I haven't updated in a while. Next update will be soon though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back