• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

slls81

What does that even mean?
Years
  • Update 12:
    -I decided to do some grinding before continuing this and heading back to Saffron.
    Spr_3f_055.png
    -During grinding, something wonderful happened <3

-Upon returning to Saffron, I entered the Silph building.
    Spr_3f_117.png
    -While infiltrating the Silph building, this happened

-Silph went something like this: Kick Rocket arse, find card key, kick more Rocket arse :badsmile:
    -Then I found a nice lady who healed my pokémon.
    -Continued on my merry way kicking more and more Rocket arse, and then something ruined it... what is Locke doing here? The jerk.
    -I decided to lead with Waterhorse, which dealt with his Pidgeot fairly easily.
    -Next up, he sent out Exeggcute. I decided to switch Bubbles in, as he is the only one without a weakness to the thing. He used Stun Spore on the switch, and Paralysed Bubbles. However Bubbles is my strongest pokémon for a reason, and powered through.
    -He sent in Alakazam, and got a free Calm Mind as Bubble's paralysis kicked in. He then set up another Calm Mind and a Reflect as I got two more paralysis turns! Luckily Dragon Rage isn't affected by Reflect or Calm Mind, and proved enough to scrape through.
    -He then sent out his own Gyarados. Bubbles was reduced to 9 HP, and I had to switch out to Romulus. Gyarados used Bite on the switch in, and Poison Point took effect. This helped Romulus see the job through.
    -Next was Charizard. I decided to set up a Toxic first turn and then try and stall out. In hindsight this was a bad idea, and what happened next was totally my fault... Charizard used Flamethrower and...well... RIP Romulus, you fought well. :(
    -I sent out Waterhorse, as his Surf is probably my best option with Bubbles being so weak... god damn it! Another Flamethrower from Charizard took Waterhorse out as well. RIP Waterhorse.
    -Sent Headache out, and the poison from Romulus' Toxic attack finally proved too much for Charizard. I had defeated Locke, but had lost two valuable pokémon in the process.
    -After the battle, a nearby Silph worker offered me a Lapras. However, since I had already taken Sweet Feet from Saffron I had to decline his generous offer.
    -I continued onwards to the top floor and found the office and... hey! It's that guy, that I battled before, in the place, with the thing! Giovanni was his name, he wasn't all that hot.
    -Like I said easy :rambo:... but it can't disguise the fact I lost two important team members this update... Damn Locke and his stupid Charizard :(
    -Oh, and I got a Master Ball :D

-Next up is Sabrina... with only two pokemon... this is going to be hard.

Party:
    Spoiler:

The Fallen Heroes:
    Spoiler:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Playing Voltorb Flip, so addicting. HGNNNNNNNNNG

Trying to get Thunderbolt and Swords Dance, without having to resort to trading from Platinum. Oh yeah I have 525 coins, have bought neither of the TMs yet and a hour has passed.

This may take a while.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • vaporeon7's Nuzlocke Challenge (Red)
    Part 8

After healing at the Pokemon Center I flew to Viridian City. I went to the now open gym and I defeated all the gym trainers with some close calls. I then challenged Giovanni to a final battle.
    11afus0.jpg

Myrrh took care of all his Pokemon with it's Surf. Nidoking was the only one able to take one hit (and not very well either). Even though his Trash was a critical hit I still won.
    epof9g.jpg

After the battle Giovanni gave me my badge and TM27 (which contains Fissure). I then talked to him and he said that he is breaking up Team Rocket for ever (or at least 3 years). He said he wants to become a Pokemon researcher.
    ra56ro.jpg

I then healed my Pokemon and headed west. On my way to the Pokemon League Entrance Gate I ran into Blue. I found out that he had all 8 badges and then he challenged me to a battle.
    5cfwn5.jpg

I defeated his Pidgeot, Exeggcute and Rhydon with Myrrh's Ice Beam and Surf. I defeated his Gyarados with Myrrh's Ice Beam and Chaos's Razor Leaf. I defeated his Alakazam with Alternativ's Fly and I defeated his main Pokemon, Charizard with Sydian's Surf.
    2nv5kcw.jpg

I then went to the Seafoam Islands and caught a Slowpoke who I nicknamed Advanced K. I trained it a lot and it evolved into Slowbro I also caught a Tentacool in the water which I nicknamed Lockmaster.
    33b3knb.jpg

I then went to and through the Pokemon League Reception Gate and made my way to Victory Road. I caught a Golbat who I nicknamed Hoppip. I continued through Victory Road. My Pokemon grew a few levels. Unfortunately my dearest Advanced K fainted from a Victreebel's critical hit Razor Leaf. I eventually made it out and found my way to the doors of the Indigo League. I then flew back to Cerulean City and went to the Day Care Center to pick up Diablerie because I had a space on my team. This concludes this part of my Nuzlocke challenge.
    w01bf4.jpg

Current Team:
    Spr_1b_003.png

Chaos (Venusaur) Lv48.
    Moves: Double-Edge, Growth, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf.
    Spr_1b_031.png

Sydian (Nidoqueen) Lv48.
    Moves: Surf, Fire Blast, Strength, Earthquake.
    Spr_1b_018.png

Alternativ (Pidgeot) Lv48.
    Moves: Fly, Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Sky Attack.
    Spr_1b_051.png

Inferno (Dugtrio) Lv48.
    Moves: Slash, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Fissure.
    Spr_1b_121.png

Myrrh (Starmie) Lv48.
    Moves: Thunderbolt, Psychic, Surf, Ice Beam.
    Spr_1b_043.png

Diablerie (Oddish) Lv37.
    Moves: Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, Acid, Petal Dance.
    Others:
    Went (Zubat) Lv6.
    PkmnTr Touko (Ekans) Lv14.
    Ace Jr (Mankey) Lv17.
    DarkPulse (Rattata) Lv17.
    Hawkfire (Gastly) Lv20.
    SGO Cool (Growlithe) Lv17.
    Forever (Raticate) Lv20.
    Karpman (Snorlax) Lv31.
    Dragonmega (Nidoking) Lv25.
    Erufuun (Gloom) Lv30.
    Ryukaa (Shellder) Lv15.
    Jd (Beedrill) Lv15.
    Regnration (Ponyta) Lv34.
    Lockmaster (Tentacool) Lv5.
    Hoppip (Golbat) Lv41.
    Past Away:
    Ace (Mankey) Lv14.
    Decade (Lapras) Lv15.
    Advanced K (Slowbro) Lv47.​

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Ok guys and girls. Sorry I couldn't post this earlier, though. PC was down two other times I tried. Anyway...

Chapter 1:

I was stuck in total darkness, surrounded by boxes of all shapes and sizes. I was pissed off. My mom had stuffed me into a moving truck, saying that there wasn't enough room in the car for all of her "precious" things. The moving truck started to come to a halt, and then the door opened.

I saw the light of day for the first time in 2 hours, and I immediately ran for it. I jumped out of the truck, happy that the nightmare was all over. I came face to face with the one who had stuffed me into the prison on wheels.

She talked to me in a good mood. I was about to shout at her for stuffing me in there but before I could, she dragged me into the house and told me to set my clock. After setting it, and still pissed off, I walked back down stars. Before I could say anything, again, she made another lame excuse to come and watch some TV, then pushing me out of the house to say hi to my new neighbor.

Thinking about having a neighbor about the same age as I was, I said to myself, "Yes! Someone to play COD with! We're gonna snipe so many n00bs!"

I walked into my neighbor's house, and then a lady walked up to me, saying that her daughter was hoping to make a new friends.

"Wait... a daugher? As in a girl? Aw nuts. I guess that means no sniping n00bs then. Wait..." Before I could say another word, I was pushed upstairs into another room.

"I have to stop being pushed around like this." He saw his neighbor. "Oh hai. how's life?"

She got up to me and started this philisophical rant about how she wants to become friends with pokemon. I thought it was pretty funny, but I wasn't focusing on it. Becoming friends with animals. What is this? Some kind of Disney movie or something?

After that, I went downstairs, exited town, and rescued the professor dude. He thanked me and gave me a mudkip. I named it "kip kip." I continued on and beat my neighbor, and went to petalburg. Kip kip made quick work of them.

I went with wally, and he caught a ralts. I wish that was the first pokemon I saw... :(

Well, after that, I continued on to rustburo. I entered petalburg woods, hoping that the first poke I would see would be a slakoth. It ended up being a zigzagoon, aka: the hoenn bidoof.

With a heart full of disappointment, I continued on through, beating all of the bug catchers with 5 too many pokemon. After exiting the woods, I got bullet seed, and went to the back of the flower shop. There, I found a taillow and caught it in an overjoyed manner.

Next stop: the gym

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
    Years
  • Hello again fellow Nuzlockers

So this is a little update Id like to call..

Simple Minded Child's Play

Spoiler:

I still hate making spoilers.. but it saves a lot of page room

Last edited:

vaporeon7

Years
  • vaporeon7's Nuzlocke Challenge (Red)
    Part 9 (Final)

After deciding my Pokemon weren't strong enough I decided to train them. I started by evolving Diablerie into Gloom and then I few to Celedon City and bought a Leaf Stone from the Department Store. I then used it on Diablerie to evolve it into Vileplume.
    nvtpoo.jpg

I then rained my Pokemon in Victory Road, the Seafoam Islands and the Burned Mansion. After all that training I challenged the Pokemon League. My first battle was against Lorelei.
    212zas4.jpg

I used Chaos and its Razor Leaf against Dewgong, Cloyster and Slowbro and Myrrh and its Surf and Thunderbolt against Jynx and Lapras. My next battle was against Bruno. I only needed Chaos to defeat him and its Sleep Powder and Razor Leaf.
    30b0f0l.jpg

My next battle was a creepy woman called Agatha. I only needed Inferno for her and it's Rock Slide and Earthquake.
    soxzc0.jpg

My last battle of the Elite 4 was against Lance. I only used Starmie and its Thunderbolt, Ice Beam and Surf. I then thought I was the champion until Lance released a bombshell on me. That someone had already beaten him! I advanced into the next room to find my arch rival, Blue. I started the battle with Myrrh and its Thunderbolt against Pidgeot. His next Pokemon was Alakazam (possibly the hardest Pokemon to beat). I switched to Diablerie and it was killed instantly. I foolishly switched to Inferno which resulted in it getting killed by Psychic. I then switched to Alternativ and defeated Alakazam with Sky Attack. His next Pokemon was Rhydon so I switched to Sydian. One Surf was all I needed to beat Rhydon. His next Pokemon was Exeggutor. I switched to Chaos and used Sleep Powder. I then switched to Alternativ and used Sky Attack. His next Pokemon was Gyarados. I switched back to Chaos and used Sleep Powder. I then switched to Myrrh and used Thunderbolt. His last and strongest Pokemon was Charizard.
    14iq6id.jpg

All I needed was a critical hit from Myrrh's Surf. That ended the battle.
    300ck5v.jpg

Blue was shattered. He couldn't concede defeat. Then Professor Oak walked in the room. he jabbered on about how bad Blue is and how proud he is of me. He then took me to the Hall of Fame. All my Pokemon got registered into the computer. I then closed my eyes and started seeing peoples names followed by pictures of Pokemon. At the end of it all I saw the text THE END! I woke up in my room in Pallet Town, I must have passed out. This concludes my Nuzlocke challenge. I would like to thank everyone who reads my updates and I hope you will read the others in my future. Please VM me any suggestion you have for better challenge posts or a next challenge. Also I apologise if I didn't get a chance to name a Pokemon after you. VM me if you want a Pokemon named after you in my next challenge.
    1sbgpu.jpg

Final Team:
    Spr_1b_003.png

Chaos (Venusaur) Lv56.
    Moves: Sleep Powder, Growth, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf.
    Spr_1b_031.png

Sydian (Nidoqueen) Lv54.
    Moves: Surf, Fire Blast, Strength, Earthquake.
    Spr_1b_018.png

Alternativ (Pidgeot) Lv54.
    Moves: Fly, Mirror Move, Quick Attack, Sky Attack.
    Spr_1b_121.png

Myrrh (Starmie) Lv55.
    Moves: Thunderbolt, Psychic, Surf, Ice Beam.
    Others:
    Went (Zubat) Lv6.
    PkmnTr Touko (Ekans) Lv14.
    Ace Jr (Mankey) Lv17.
    DarkPulse (Rattata) Lv17.
    Hawkfire (Gastly) Lv20.
    SGO Cool (Growlithe) Lv17.
    Forever (Raticate) Lv20.
    Karpman (Snorlax) Lv31.
    Dragonmega (Nidoking) Lv25.
    Erufuun (Gloom) Lv30.
    Ryukaa (Shellder) Lv15.
    Jd (Beedrill) Lv15.
    Regnration (Ponyta) Lv34.
    Lockmaster (Tentacool) Lv5.
    Hoppip (Golbat) Lv41.
    Past Away:
    Ace (Mankey) Lv14.
    Decade (Lapras) Lv15.
    Advanced K (Slowbro) Lv47.
    Diablerie (Vileplume) Lv44.
    Inferno (Dugtrio) Lv55.
    Most Valued Players Pokemon!
    MVP for Gyms: Myrrh/Sydian.
    MVP for E4: Chaos/Myrrh.
    MVP for Champion: Alternativ.
    MVP for speed kills: Inferno.
    MVP Overall: Myrrh/Sydian/Chaos.
    Gold Medal: Sydian, Silver Medal: Myrrh, Bronze Medal: Chaos, 4th Place Ribbon: Alternativ, 5th Place Ribbon: Inferno.

Last edited:

slls81

Years
  • Update 13:
    -After looking at the remnants of my team (Headache and Bubbles), I decided that Headache would need to learn a new move before I took on Sabrina as his only damaging move was currently Confusion.
    -Unfortunately my TM's weren't great, so I decided to teach Headache Surf to give him some attacking option in the Gym.
    -With that, it was time. I made my way to the Psychic Gym, not feeling overly confident about my chances.
    -Remembered there were Channeler's in this place, at least they were easy experience for Headache...
    -After getting lost a few times in that damn warp maze, I finally found Sabrina.
    -Started off with Headache. Used his newly taught Surf, and got a 2HKO as Kadabra used Future Sight.
    -Mr Mime was next, and Sabrina spammed Calm Mind, Barriers and Hyper Potions to drag this out. Due to Headache taking the future sight and a Psybeam, I had to switch in Bubbles to finish this one off.
    -Venomoth was next. I was hoping for a OHKO, but Venomoth lived a Strength and hit Bubbles with a Psybeam. A Bite attack finished it off next turn though.
    -Finally was her Alakazam. Sabrina set up a calm mind, but I used a physical attack with Strength, and it was enough to knock Alakazam out! Man, I forgot how frail those things were. Still, I had somehow managed to win the Marshbadge, and had managed to keep both of my pokémon alive! :D

Party:
    Spoiler:

The Fallen Heroes:
    Spoiler:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Still trying to get those coins, and I still got 1,000. I think I might cave, by both TM's from Platinum at the cost of all of my Money. What do you guys think?

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Okay then, sorry for the wait, chapter six!

Spoiler:

Sorry for the short chapter, school's back tommorow and I've been busy too. I'll keep on at this, but I'll probably be skipping anything not directly plot important, like evolutions, grinding stuff (aka a certain team mate using Judgement...) I've done the end of the next chapter though, something biiiiig happen's in it.

vaporeon7

Years
  • Still trying to get those coins, and I still got 1,000. I think I might cave, by both TM's from Platinum at the cost of all of my Money. What do you guys think?

Just get them from Platinum. It will take you forever if you do it in Johto. It sucks that they got rid of the Slot Machines but they made it worse when you couldn't even buy coins.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Doesn't even matter now, after doing so Croconaw died and I had no way to Surf I tried fishing for a Pokemon but I critted it. And with the cost of all my money thing I had no more money to catch anymore pokemon and the next pokemon ate allof my Pokeballs. Looks like Karma bit me for attempting to get away with trading the TM's :/

Game Over

slls81

Years
  • Update 14:
    -Unfortunately due to my lack of pokémon that can cut, I couldn't go back on myself to head through Diglett's Cave to Pewter... I would need to pass through Seafoam Islands...
    -A short walk/bike ride/surf later I had arrived at Seafoam.... have I mentioned I'm dreading this?
    -I'm lost... I knew this would happen.:(
    -So... so lost.
    -Oh my god! Finally there's the second boulder...
    -Sweet, sweet sunlight!
    -Finally made it to Cinabaar, and quickly headed to the abandoned mansion...
    Spr_3f_109.png
    -And found me a Koffing. I wanted a Fire type, but I guess he'll have to do. Named him Gasball.
    -Next I left Cinnabar, I know there's a Gym here... but I need to get something first...
    -Thanks to a cleanse tag, I managed to surf my way to the grass on Route 21 with no encounters. :)

Spr_3f_114.png
    -Found a Tangela which I caught, and named her Mophead.
    -Arrived in Pallet and said hi to mom...
    -Then saw Professor Oak, who said I was doing a great job so far on filling up my pokedex. I didn't have the heart to tell him that 18 of my pokémon had passed on... ignorance is bliss and all that. :'(

-Now that I finally had something that could Cut, I could go and get that item I wanted... :cool:

-With item in hand, I began the surf back to Cinnabar.
    Spr_3f_142.png
    -When I arrived at Cinnabar, I used the item I went to get to revive Dinobird! :rambo:

-Wait, fossil pokémon are only Level 5 in this game? Well that sucks :\

-Oh well, at least I can Fly now I guess...

Party:
    Spoiler:

The Fallen Heroes:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I'm going pretty fast on my VBA, so I'm going to make this summary of my adventure so far fast as well.

Chapter 2

I arrived in rustburo, where I decided to skip ahead and fight my way through the route up to the tunnel with all of the whismurs. I beat all of the trainers there, and caught a zigzagoon in case I had to use the HM slave one I already had. (I caught my 1'st in petalburg woods. sorry I didn't mention that)

Anyway, after I finished training kip kip (mudkip) and tailow, kip kip evolved into marshtomp. I went to the gym, and OHKO'd all of Roxanne's pokemon. I then went outside and dealt with the whole team magma - Devon dude - Mr. Briney fiasco. Finishing up, I went to Mr. Briney's and sailed to dewford. I skipped the gym, and gave the letter to steven, fighting whatever wild pokes that were in the cave. Nobody had fainted so far. After delivering the letter, I got steel wing, which I taught to taillow.

Chapter 3
    I then went to slaport city, where I battled the magmas in the museum, and them continued to mauville. Right outside of slaport, I caught an electrike, and gave it an exp share. (I got it before coming to slaport, right after delivering the letter) I continued on, skipped the trick house, and beat May.

In mauville, I fought Wally, beat him (of course) and beat the gym leader with relative ease (water/ground vs. electric. Go figure), got rock smash, and went on to fallarbor town (how ever you spell that).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back