• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
    Well I changed my Nuzlocke to Pokemon Brown since my Red got deleted.
    One thing I must say.....LONG ROUTES WITH LOTS OF TRAINERS mean LOTS OF DEATH!
    My Charmander has been my only constant member. He is almost a Charizard and I'm only on the third gym.

Anyway for my update.These are my notes as I play
    Spoiler:

I am such a bad trainer...course thats mainly due to not buying enough potions on before i take on one of these gigantic routes.
    Team
    Spoiler:

Deaths
    Spoiler:

Years
    I am such a bad trainer...course thats mainly due to not buying enough potions on before i take on one of these gigantic routes.
    Why don't you just go back to the Pokemon Center when your team is at low HP? Or grind more if every single battle is dangerous? When I played Brown that way, I only had 2 deaths that weren't caused by total bull, like walking into a trainer with 5 Pokemon >level 40 with my team being team in the low 30s or stepping into the final dungeon halfway through the game.
    While one should certainly have Potions and Antidotes availiable at any time in a Nuzlocke, situations where one would have to use them should be avoided, for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Ok Here we go

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2010
    I videoed my Nuzlocke Challange playthrough. Im not going to post a link until I finished

Do we get something to post in our sigs if we finish this?

Last edited:

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years

Why don't you just go back to the Pokemon Center when your team is at low HP? Or grind more if every single battle is dangerous? When I played Brown that way, I only had 2 deaths that weren't caused by total bull, like walking into a trainer with 5 Pokemon >level 40 with my team being team in the low 30s or stepping into the final dungeon halfway through the game.
    While one should certainly have Potions and Antidotes availiable at any time in a Nuzlocke, situations where one would have to use them should be avoided, for obvious reasons.
    haha every battle isn't dangerous, i just keep forgetting to switch or its mostly lucky crits on my low lvl memeber. I'm constantly trying to get them higher. But my current team is doing fine so no idea what was going on earlier haha. I'll probably play through again after this one.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Ok Here we go

Spoiler:

Man, I'd be p*ssed if that happened to me xD It's the curse of the name I tell you...

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Man, I'd be p*ssed if that happened to me xD It's the curse of the name I tell you...
    Yeah well Koffings are Koffings.

Numels name was decided by 560cool. It will be name Flatulence,I go to play the game and forget to save :( Time to grind all over again but to make things fair Larrysa will Go to the box.

EDIT:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2010
    Massive update time. TL,DR:, picking up from where I left off (finished Slateport city for now, onto route 110) I have beaten Wattson, Flannery, and Norman. My team and RIP are at the end. I'll be adding the story so far in spoilers below.

Spoiler:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Ok awaiting the answer (Last Update) I will play some HG again to pass time.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    chaos, take the Root Fossil. It hardly matters anyway, both Cradily and Armaldo are appalling in Gen III.

EDIT: And call it Ursula.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    chaos, take the Root Fossil. It hardly matters anyway, both Cradily and Armaldo are appalling in Gen III.

EDIT: And call it Ursula.
    Ursula the Garchomp Makes a Return......but in crinoids Form! To bad she's gonna be boxed because Fuji out classes Her (I will SR Until Lileep is a Girl :3)

Ruto

Heiress to the Zora throne.
    Years
    I didn't want to do too much because I wanted to be able to post pictures in my update, so this was a while back and I may be fuzzy with some details...

Anywhoozle...

Started grinding in the upper portion of Rt. 2, but then I realized Veridian Forest was way better thanks to :t014: and :t011: and the tanky amount of experience they give, whilst not being able to fight back. :pink_boogie:

So I did quite a bit of grinding in there, until everyone was Lvl. 10.

That means Twinrova evolved a few times. :t013: → :t014: → :t015:

Kaepora kept getting poisoned by :t013: though, I was getting worried...

We traveled back to Rt. 22 and faced Ganon. We won handily.

I figured more grinding was necessary before facing Brock, considering I had no moves that would do significant damage to his Pokes, and most of my team is weak to rock. So I trained until everyone was about Lvl. 12.

Faced Brock and basically stalled and took my chance to lower his :t095:'s stats while it was charging in bide.

We won!! Yay.

Pols Voice had a close call when I accidentally attacked during bide and left that battle with 1hp left. O_O Yikes...

Traveled east and beat all the trainers in Rt. 3, suspending my adventure there for now. (My Gameboy ran out of batteries)

My current team now consists of:
    Spoiler:

R.I.P. :pink_cry:
    Spoiler:

Years
    My entire team is assemled now, and one Pokemon is already at the level which I want my team to be at, 54 (to avoid that level 53 Walrein's Sheer Cold). Even on an emulator, Elite 4 grinding is a terribly tedious process, so expect this to take some more time.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I will delay my nuzlocking until Thursday or so because im going to be quite busy.Sorry for all my viewer's (if I have any xD)

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Hey, chaos, I am your viewer ! I hope you get your updates up !
    As for me... two updates for my Ultimate Nuzlocke Challenge !

SOUL SILVER : Whitney. Miltank. STOMP.

Yeah, yeah, yeahs ! Actually, two losses in one chapter, but an awesome new team member make up for it !
    So, I head to Nat. Park. Along the way, I get a Nidoran M, which goes to the box... for now.
    I battled all trainers. But I missed the Firebreather. That's when disaster happened.
    Soul Eater was out, since he was slightly underleveled. Magmar uses Ember, Crit... *hit. It faints, one of my most awesome Pokemon is dead. As a response to this, I withdraw Bamf the Nidoran, which quickly evolved into a Nidorino. And he knows Double Kick.
    I grind a little and take on Whitney with my team in their late 10's (18-19). I begin with Bamf...

VS. WHITNEY

Clefairy fell easily. Cute charm didn't activate. Hooray !
    But then, Miltank comes along. With flinch Hax and stuff, I got her down to the red. When it used its Super Potion. gtfo >_>, whatever. Since Bamf was really low and I had no Potions left, I switch to The Shark. Same scenario happens. Then, I switch into Enzio. Yea, I was hoping for it to be quicker than Miltank, but.... two Stomps took him down. RIP, Enzio Auditore da Firenze...
    I take her down with Pedosnucks. Whitney is down, but at what cost...?

So, I advance, Pokeathlon, etc. Today is the Bug Catching Contest ! ^_^ Let's see what will I get ... I run into a Butterfree ._. Can I catch it ? Sleep has it break free, again, and again, then it moves twice. The miracle is that it's still asleep. It breaks free again, again, again, again, again... ARRGH It's on the red and asleep.... And I caught it ! :> I won't win the contest, but I got an awesome new Confusion and status SPAMer... combined with the Sudowoodo I plan to get on my future update, this is so awesome !
    And yeah, did I mention that The Shark evolved ? I forgot about this....

TEAM :

Wings :t012: Lv. 12 Confusion, PoisonPowder, Stun Spore, SleepPowder. Compoundeyes, Rash.
    Pedosnucks :t096:Lv. 18 Confusion, Headbutt, Hypnosis, Poison Gas. Forewarn, Brave.
    Bamf :t033:Lv. 19 Double Kick, Poison Sting, Peck, Leer. Poison Point. Calm (which sucks).
    The Shark :t159:Lv. 19 Headbutt, Water Gun, Bite, Cut. Torrent. Docile (which sucks as well).

Boxed : Wooper
    Dead : Togepi, Bellsprout, Gastly, Spearow.
    RIP

Next : Sudowoodo as a next Member, Ecruteak, possibly surrounding places, with hopefully reaching sixth Gym Badge.

Years
    What's wrong with Croconaw being Docile? If I remember correctly, it does nothing, which is far better than getting your most important stat cut by 10%. In fact, neutral natures are among my favorites for Nuzlocke runs since my Pokemon often have mixed movesets (because a Gyara with Surf, Ice Beam, EQ and Return is better than a Gyara with EQ, Return, Strength and Hyper Beam) so I won't want to be any of my attack stats cut and having lower defense (since OHKOing everything only works in solo runs) and speed (unless the Pokemon a "mighty glacier", where -speed nature is the best thing that could happen) leads to more deaths.

Alright, so much for why I like neutral natures. For some reason I wrote a minor wall of text instead of just saying "What's wrong with neutral natures, I like them in Nuzlocke runs". Anyways, in my Sapphire run so far, I'm almost finished with grinding. The Elite 4 battles will happen today. The question is only whether they will lead to victory or to defeat.

Also, I got this:

Screw the rules. I was going to sell my last Ultra Balls anyways.

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Nice find ! :O
    And yeah, I am a bit against Neutral natures. Even though I don't really mind, it would've been for him to be Naughty or even Brave, as the Atk. boost is what I need. :>

POKEMON BLUE UPDATE

Pre-Sabrina. PWNd absolutely anything without problems. And got Fatass the Snorlax. Which rocks.
    Of course, I smoked TR from Kanto completly, I really did.
    I won't be posting boxed Pokemon, as they're unimportant. Some Pokemon are really suckish moveset-wise (The Queen still has Poison Sting... fail). Team :

Fatass

Awesomeness.

Charking

Epicness. Notice Ember... haha... !

Gyara

Win. Tackle.

Dr. Peck

Fly, Drill Peck, Double Edge, Swift.
    Photobucket didn't get this. Ah, whatever. It has its Drill Peck. :-)

The Queen

Once again, it got screwed around. Horn Drill is obviously a filler.

Zappyshock

Will this thing actually learn a better electric type move ? I am quite pissed... :/

Next update : Sabrina, Koga, Blaine. Then, in the last updates, I'll include Giovanni and the Elite 4. Then, I'll move on with Ruby and once I am done with SoulSilver, I will continue with Platinum and wrap up my UNC.

Years
    Alright, as promised, I finished my Sapphire Nuzlocke today. It became a bit later than expected because of some irl distraction, but here it is, the final update. It was incredibly close. So did I win?

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Alright, as promised, I finished my Sapphire Nuzlocke today. It became a bit later than expected because of some irl distraction, but here it is, the final update. It was incredibly close. So did I win?

You win bigtime, congratulations! :) What a bizarre ending. I guess that's the joy of Nuzlocke though, anything and anything can and will happen!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back