• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
Years
  • Okay I am thinking of doing this on Emerald, but problem is I have never finished Emerald before as I found the cartridge a couple of weeks ago on the road!!
    I started the game, but I hate most Hoenn Pokemon so I stopped. What do you think???

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    Sign me up for Yellow! Will try and update every gym leader

OK, I started and obviously chose Pikachu (Veskanar). I beat my rival John and went to the Pokemart in Viridian City. Some clerk told me to give a box to Proffesor Oak so I decided to be nice and go back. I gave i to him and he gave me a Pokedex. I go and buy some Pokeballs and catch a Pidgey (Lefdum) on Route 1, a Spearow (Peck) west of Viridian City, and a Nidoran male (Fehdrep) on Route 2. I trained them in the forst (accidentely killed a level 7 Caterpie on my fist battle by a critical hit) and go back and beat my rival again.I train Fehdrep to level 12 so he gets Double Kick and then went to beat Brock. I beat him on my first try, but took some damage. No one died though. I start to go east and on my third battle, Peck DIES (RIP Peck...)! I then save and came here and typed this in.Bye bye...

EDIT: Three battles later, Lefdum dies... RIP Lefdum
    Team:
    :t025:(Veskanar) level 11
    Thundershock
    Thunderwave
    Growl
    Quick Attack

:t032:(Fehdrep) level 14
    Double Kick
    Horn Attack
    Tackle
    Leer

RIP:
    :t021: Peck 2-11
    :t016: Lefdum 3-12

Last edited:

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • GAAAAHHHHH I R MAAADDDD!!!!!!!

Started my Nuzlocke of Ruby.

Current Location:
    RubyNuzlocke_08.png

Current Team:
    RubyNuzlocke_09.png

Dead:
    Wurmple lv 1dk-forgot forgot how he died too
    Tailow lv 7? Died on the place next to rustboro
    Mudkip lv15 WITH ONLY A FEW EXPERIENCE POINTS UNTIL EVOLUTION! Killed by the trainer I'm standing in front of :(

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Ok, time for update 2!
    Spoiler:

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
    Years
  • So, my SoulSilver Nuzlocke ended quickly. Here is what happened:

Began the game.
    Called myself Aaron.
    Called my rival Silver/Gold(Can't remember).
    Got all my stuff from mum.
    Got a Totodile.
    Called it Jelduf.
    Went through the routes and got to Mr. Pokémon's house.
    On my way back, since I was battlew weary frm battling those wild Pokémon which I wish I hadn't, I was beaten by his Chikorita. D:

That ended quickly.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I just discovered my last update for my Pearl challenge was way back on October 11th. Since then quite a few things have happened, although I only played a very small bit back in October before I got stuck into other Challenges (MAINLY THIS ONE!). Shameless plugs over with, now I can explain my progress.

Basically my last update left off just as I went North from Sandgem towards Jubilife; since then I made it to Jubilife and headed straight to Route 203, where I caught a second Shinx, this one named Amp. I then headed back to the Pokecenter, and talked to the Nurse Joy. She informed me that my Piplup, Clipper, had been infected with Pokerus!

This is actually the first time I've ever had a Pokemon catch the virus, and I can't believe I was lucky enough to get it on a Nuzlocke run. Clipper has since infected both Java and Amp - Amp has a Naughty nature too, so I'm looking forward to seeing how much damage he'll do when he's all grown up...

That's as far as I've got, I'll update further later on.

EDIT: Longer update.

I moved up to Route 104 and caught a Starly, Sassy nature, which I called Eyrie. Then I went through Oreburgh Gate, catching Rubble the Geodude (Relaxed) on the way. I made it out the other side and got to Oreburgh, went down into the mine (killed the first Pokemon I saw, another Geodude) and found Roark. Back up to Oreburgh, I headed North to Route 207 and caught a female Machop, trading her back in Oreburgh for an Abra, male, auto-named "Kazza." Quiet nature, which is pretty cool, although Modest would have been even better...

Clipper took care of Roark very easily after becoming a Prinplup at level 16. I headed back to Jubilife and North again, through Ravaged Path, where I wasn't attacked, and took on the trainers north of the exit. I was doing well against the twins with Pachirisus, using Amp and Kazza. Kazza had used Flash on the only remaining Pachirisu 4 - yes FOUR - times, and it was one Tackle from Amp away from dying, when it unleashed Bide - despite the accuracy loss, it managed to hit Amp and killed him. Bad times. Luckily I have Java in the PC still, although her nature's not as good. Oh well. But Eyrie learned Wing Attack at Lv.9, so that made up for it somewhat.

I reached Floaroma and saved.

The team:
    Spoiler:

EDIT: It appears Wendy, my Bidoof, died when I last played as well. I don't remember that happening, so I can't say how it went down...

Deceased:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    I just discovered my last update for my Pearl challenge was way back on October 11th. Since then quite a few things have happened, although I only played a very small bit back in October before I got stuck into other Challenges (MAINLY THIS ONE!). Shameless plugs over with, now I can explain my progress.

Basically my last update left off just as I went North from Sandgem towards Jubilife; since then I made it to Jubilife and headed straight to Route 203, where I caught a second Shinx, this one named Amp. I then headed back to the Pokecenter, and talked to the Nurse Joy. She informed me that my Piplup, Clipper, had been infected with Pokerus!

This is actually the first time I've ever had a Pokemon catch the virus, and I can't believe I was lucky enough to get it on a Nuzlocke run. Clipper has since infected both Java and Amp - Amp has a Naughty nature too, so I'm looking forward to seeing how much damage he'll do when he's all grown up...

That's as far as I've got, I'll update further later on.

The team:
    Spoiler:

EDIT: It appears Wendy, my Bidoof, died when I last played as well. I don't remember that happening, so I can't say how it went down...

Deceased:
    Spoiler:

All Pokerus does is double the EV points you gain, I wish I would have gotten it yesterday while in my pearl challenge.

EV training is so boring w/o power items or Pokerus.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    All Pokerus does is double the EV points you gain, I wish I would have gotten it yesterday while in my pearl challenge.

EV training is so boring w/o power items or Pokerus.

I know that's what it does, it's still pretty darn lucky on a Nuzlocke run though, seeing how much stronger my Pokes will be as a result...

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Update 3:

I went East from Floaroma and ran into a wild Buizel, male (Naive) and called him Turbine. I cleared the Galactics out of the Windworks - narrowly avoiding defeat by the boss' Purugly using Rubble. I hate that Purugly. Not only should it not have evolved for another 22 levels, but it also knows Faint Attack one level early. Grr. During this process though Kazza hit level 16 and evolved, so I traded him across to my Diamond game and back and now he's a shiny new Alakazam. Pity he doesn't obey me yet, because his Sp.Atk stat is STAGGERING.

I then cleared the Galactics out of the Meadow and saved the Honey for later. I moved up through Route 205 and bumped into another Buizel. I killed this one and moved on. The Battle Girl with the Machop nearly took out Java - Karate Chop left her with only 2HP - but other than that I made it through easily enough.

Eterna Forest was long and boring, although I had another near miss when one of the Psychics' Psyduck used Confusion on Turbine, leaving him with just 1HP. That was a seriously close call... I got through the Forest, catching Flora the Budew on the way (the one on the left in the first wild double encounter) and ended up at Eterna City to patch up my cuts and bruises.

At this point I realised the next Gym was Gardenia. I usually have at least one Fire-type Pokemon on my team at this stage, and so the Gym is normally pretty easy. This could prove troublesome though - 2 of my team are 2x weak to Grass moves (and Turbine's Sp.Def is so low he'll go down at the slightest whiff of Grass) and Rubble is 4x weak, so I figured I'd have to grind Eyrie a crazy amount to even stand a chance. Kazza wasn't listening to me because I didn't have the right badge so it was pretty much all on Eyrie. I bumped into a Meditite on Route 211 which Eyrie (now a Staravia) took out with a critted Quick Attack. I was raging at this point, because I thought Meditite would have been perfect to take on Gadenia's Roserade, but then I checked its Bulbapedia page and realised its stats are awful and it wouldn't learn any decent Psychic moves for ages, so it wouldn't have helped much anyway.

So at this stage I'm getting stuck into the grinding process; I really need to train hard to beat Gardenia, because if Eyrie isn't strong enough, this Challenge is pretty much over. While grinding I bumped into a Ponyta and was sorely tempted to break the rules and catch it despite already having beaten Meditite on Route 211... But I withstood the temptation and carried on :(

The team:
    Spoiler:

PC:
    Spoiler:

Deceased:
    Spoiler:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • I died... Misty killed me. Bye bye...
    Oh Noes! You thinking about starting over?

If it was me, since I haven't done this before, I would probably keep the reset rule so I don't "die", but it definitely is an interesting rule. I have way too many challenges on my plate right now to even consider doing this right now, but I see this challenge as the ultimate Pokemon experience.

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
    Years
  • I am going to start a Pokemon Yellow Nuzlocke challenge, and I might even make some comics if I can be bothered...
    I am doing rules;
    Should be fun!! Do I need to fill anything more out??

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
    Years
  • Okay so I have started my challenge in Yellow.
    Called myself Will
    Called my rival Blue
    I recieved my Pikachu and named it Sparky
    Had a close call with Blue's Eevee
    Got Oak's Parcel and delivered it to him.
    Creamed Blue's spearow and Eevee when I headed down the route to the Pokemon League
    Caught a Male Nidoran just North of Viridian and called it Grinder
    Almost killed Grinder in Viridian Forest, but we made it out alive
    Caught a Female Nidoran just south of Pewter City and named it Pinn
    Pinn was killed in action by a considerably faster Level 4 Rattata
    Visited Pewter Gym and beat the Jr. Trainer with Sparky and Grinder
    Visited the Pokemon Center to rest and prepare for my battle with Brock!

My Team
    Spr_1y_025.png

Sparky the Pikachu
    Spr_1y_032.png

Grinder the Nidoran

Dead Pokemon
    Spr_1y_029.png

Pinn the Nidoran

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Update 4:

I carried on grinding for Eterna City's Gym, hoping that Eyrie would level up enough to take on Roserade and not be slaughtered along with the rest of my team. Venturing into Mt. Coronet I picked up a Chingling, female, named Belle (Relaxed). Eventually Eyrie hit Lv.28 and learned Aerial Ace, so I figured it was probably time to give the Gym a go.

And in the end, I needn't have worried. 3 Aerial Aces later, Eyrie had OHKOd all 3 of Gardenia's Pokemon, no crits required, and I was on my way again. I boxed Turbine and taught Flora Cut (it was her or Clipper) and took out the Galactics in their building. Rubble took care of the Skuntank with Magnitude. My reward was a brand new bicycle, which I used to steamroller through the Cycling Road.

At the other end I Cut my way onto Route 206 and caught a Ponyta, Lv.13, called Silver (Lonely). I boxed Java for now and gave Silver my new Exp. Share. I carried out the long and arduous process of clearing Wayward Cave, catching Apollo the Bronzor in the process. I then headed down Route 208 (on the other side of Mt. Coronet) and caught Arnold the Bibarel, Lv.18. I finally reached Hearthome City, by which time Rubble had evolved so I traded him to Diamond and back. He's now a Golem, and he's awesome. On the way to Hearthome I'd had another close escape - Clipper was taken down to 3HP by a trainer's Roselia critting Mega Drain. Phew.

In Hearthome I picked up the Egg and hatched it - a Happiny called Fatima. I headed East onto Route 209, accidentally killing the Bonsly I bumped into. Further up, through Solaceon, I bumped into a Geodude on Route 210 - also killed. Route 215 Eastwards into Veilstone gave me another Ponyta - this one Quiet natured, called Red Rum. He might come in handy later - I prefer Quiet as a nature to Silver's Lonely.

I was proceeding quite happily down Route 215 and nearing Veilstone. My team hadn't really had any trouble for a while, which should have warned me that trouble was looming. The last trainers before I reached the City were a couple of Ace Trainers who challenged me to a double battle. Silver and Rubble took out their Glameow and Monferno easily enough, but those two Pokemon were replaced by a Kadabra and a Gyarados. I was in trouble here - Gyarados' Attack would see off Silver in no time, and Kadabra's Sp.Atk would make short work of Rubble if I wasn't careful. Add to that the fact that if Gyarados had a Water attack, I was screwed. Thinking quickly I threw in Flora, who was still only Lv.17 - she had to buy me some time and, if necessary, a free switch-in - and Eyrie.

Flora went down to Kadabra's Confusion. I was heartbroken; I wanted to get a Roserade eventually, and I'd put a lot of time into raising Flora's happiness for her to evolve. I switched in Kazza, hoping I'd be able to put the two opponents to bed nice and quickly... But Psybeam didn't finish Gyarados off in one. Kadabra had Confusioned Eyrie down to the red and Gyarados was using Bite on Kazza... I panicked. I thought Kazza, my best Pokemon, was down. But miraculously he survived. Kazza finished Gyarados off with another Psybeam and Eyrie took out Kadabra with Aerial Ace.

I'd had the narrowest escape yet, but at what cost? Flora was dead, and if I'd lost Kazza and Eyrie I'd have been set back a long, long way. I made it to Veilstone and saved.

The team:
    Spoiler:

PC:
    Spoiler:

Deceased:
    Spoiler:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Alright, Platinum Nuzlocke - let's hope this goes better than the last time.

Rules I'll be following:

1. If a Pokemon faints, its dead, and cannot be used in battle anymore (I'll be placing them in a permanent box rather than releasing them if I ever play after the Nuzlocke is over or I decide to call it quits).

2. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. If you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.

3. You must nickname all of your Pokemon.

4. No catching legendaries.

5. Make Comics whenever something amazing happens. (Except I won't make a comic - I'll write whatever it is that's in this post here, I cannot draw worth ****.)

~ ~ ~

Day One

This morning was one I'll never forget. The first thing to make this morning so memorable was the simple fact that when I woke up I wasn't in the same place that I was when I had fallen asleep. I can't remember exactly where I was when I fall asleep, I only knew that the room I was in was unfamiliar. Trying to make sense of the situation I tried to leave the room but was confronted by a young man my own age calling himself Andrew. He seemed to know who I was and asked whether I had seen the TV program that I vaguely recall playing when I woke up. Not having many other options I just nodded along, hoping eventually I might get some answers from him. He seemed quite excitable though, and he wasn't able to hold a topic for long - one moment talking about something called a "Pokemon" and the next jumping to examine the computer in the room.

It wasn't long before this Andrew left, apparently expecting me to follow. At a loss for what to do I descended the stairs to the first floor and met a woman who claimed to be my mother. Though I knew this not to be true, she seemed a nice enough sort and I still wanted to get some answers from that Andrew boy, so I left the house - noting on my way out that there were no other rooms in this house, which I found odd but ignored.

Outside I was confronted by a village too small to exist. There were only four houses in this place. It was disturbing at the time - and still is - I admit, but I forced myself to walk to the house with a mailbox reading "Andrew's House". Before I could knock on the door however, Andrew rushed out of the house and collided violently with me. After he didn't apologize, Andrew retreated into his house for a moment, then the two of us went out to the "Route" just to the north of town where before we could enter the tall grass that apparently stood between us and the next town we were stopped by the very same Professor Rowan that Andrew had been babbling on about earlier.

The old man mumbled to himself for some time asking a question of us - mentioning these "Pokemon" yet again, to which I nodded. He continued talking for quite some time until his young assistant returned with his brief case - which he had apparently left at the lake earlier. My "friend" Andrew shoved me toward the briefcase and told me take one of the small red-and-white orbs which he called "Poke Balls" that contained the Pokemon that everyone had apparently was obsessed with. Not knowing what else to do I reached in and pulled out one of the Poke Balls which had a label reading "Piplup". Andrew then quickly shot his hand in and removed the one labelled "Turtwig".

Professor Rowan prattled on a little after this and after he finally left to return to his lab Andrew turned to me and excitedly challenged me to a battle. Not knowing what else to do I threw my Poke Ball after Andrew did the same and got my first real look at a Pokemon. The "Piplup" I had chosen was a small creature that looked much like a juvenile penguin - that is, if penguins were colored blue. Andrew's "Turtwig" was much more interesting however, it was a creature roughly the same size as my Turtwig that looked much like a turtle - though very few had a plant growing out of their skull like Turtwig.

Moments after making these observations Andrew called out, telling me that Piplup knew the "Pound" and "Growl" moves. At a loss, I called for Piplup to use Pound, which Andrew responded to by having his Turtwig Tackle me. In a flash I understood what Andrew had meant by "battle", we were going to have our Pokemon fight each other. And though my first reaction was to be repulsed, the Pokemon seemed to be fighting eachother cheefully - so I continued giving commands regardless, unsure of myself.

As the two Pokemon were quite small the battle didn't last long - but by the end both of them were shaking exhaustion - though Turtwig was the first to succumb to this by falling over. At this my Piplup seemed to regain some of its strength and it danced around a little before sitting down and breathing in heavily. Unexpectedly, I found myself happy for the small creature's victory, at the beginning of the battle I had been repulsed at the idea of making animals fight - but after observing the joy the enjoyment of the two animals sparring I found myself enjoying it as well.

Andrew allowed his Turtwig to return to its Poke Ball by pressing on the button separating the red and white halves and I did the same, giving my new Piplup a little rest. Afterward Andrew handed me five bills which read "100" - I guess there had been a sort of unspoken wager on the results of the match. The two of us returned to the town and I returned to the home that was apparently mine and considered what had transpired.

At home my "mother" seemed proud of me for getting my own Pokemon, and told me to go to the Professor's lab the next town over. On the outskirts of town, however, I met Andrew who said that capturing the "legendary" Pokemon that lived at the nearby lake would make the Professor happy and dragged me there with him.

At the lake we found a strange man calling himself Cyrus at the shore who was mumbling about space and time incoherantly. This man then pushed past us and left with barely a word directed at us. Moments later Andrew and I heard a loud cry originate from somewhere on the lake, which he claimed to be the legendary Pokemon. Andrew then realized that we would be unable to capture the legendary Pokemon without Poke Balls, and raced away mumbling about asking the Professor for some. I didn't follow immediately, first spending several minutes admiring the serenity of the lake. Though I was still confused as to where I was, I felt as if it weren't quite as frightening as I had first imagined it to be.

On my way to Rowan's laboratory I met two other Pokemon along the Route there - I wouldn't learn their names until later that day. The first was a creature that was reminiscent of both a beaver and a rat, called a Bidoof, and the other was a small bird called a Starly. These wild Pokemon seemed to enjoy battling just as much as my Piplup seemed to, so battle them I did.

When I got to the town where Professor Rowan's lab was located, Sandgem, the Professor's young assistant Dawn who brought me to the lab. In the lab, Professor commented that my Piplup was quite happy, and had me name him. I named him Bonaparte, because like Napoleon, he was powerful despite his small stature. After telling me to cherish Bonaparte, the Professor gave me a device he called a "Pokedex" and asked if I could try to collect data on all the Pokemon in the region. Not wanting to disappoint the man I said yes, despite having no intention of doing so.

After leaving the lab Dawn showed me around Sandgem pointing out buildings such as Pokemon Centers and PokeMarts, which Trainers - which I guess I was now - would need. I then returned home to tell my "mother" what I was going to do at Dawn's suggestion. She then gave me this journal which I am now writing in. Before I could leave however, Andrew's mother visited and asked if I could bring a package to Andrew since he had left quickly - to which I agreed.

Back in Sandgem Dawn spent the rest of the evening showing me how to catch Pokemon using a Poke Ball in Route 202. She left me some Poke Balls and told me to try for myself. Not long afterward I came across a wild Pokemon my Pokedex identified as "Shinx" that appeared to be a small cat colored blue and black. It was difficult, but after a few close calls I was able to capture the Shinx, and I named the little guy Giza after the location of the Great Sphinx, as his name reminded me of it.

As it was getting late by this time I decided to return to my home and rest for the night, though first I made a quick detour to the lake where I met a Bidoof which I caught with one of my remaining Poke Balls. At a loss for a name I called him Lester.

At this I called it a day, and returned home to rest.

~ ~ ~

Current Team
    393MS.png
    Bonaparte, Male, Bashful, Lv. 7, Somewhat vain.

403MS.png
    Giza, Male, Mild, Lv. 3, Proud of it's power.

399MS.png
    Lester, Male, Hasty, Lv. 4, Often lost in thought.

PC
    N/A

Deceased
    N/A

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Okay I think a 4 HP/252 ATK/252 SPE is a good spread for Garchomp.
    After 3 days Dolex now renicknamed Assault is Lvl 54 and finished being EV trained. Grinded Lucario (nicknamed Fynn) up to 48.
    Now it's time to beat Cyrus's ass.
    Made it to the peak with realitive ease. I crushed both commanders with Raid and Ice Age. Now for Cyrus, IMHO this battle was pathetic since I lead with Fynn and used his Honchkrow as setup fodder for Swords Dance. So I got to +6 and destroyed his team.
    Afterwards I beat Palkia very easily. Skipping to Sunyside as nothing happened except I put Honey on the last tree. In the gym I beat every trainer easily, Volkner was no exception as I crushed him with Assault.
    After that I saved.
    Raid Lvl 51
    Fynn Lvl 51
    Ice Age Lvl 49
    Assualt Lvl 54

I'm hoping nothing stupid happens at the Elite 4.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Update 4:

Now it was time to grind for Maylene. I surveyed my team as it stood, and came to the realisation that none of them would be able to take down Lucario without some serious training. Clipper simply wasn't strong enough, and I couldn't evolve him without giving him a Fighting weakness. Java was nowhere near tough enough, and even if she evolved, Lucario's Bone Rush would ruin her. Kazza could deal with either Meditite or Machoke but then he'd level up to 31 and stop obeying me; plus Psychic moves aren't super-effective against Lucario, and I didn't trust Kazza to withstand any of Lucario's Physical moves with his terrible Defence. Rubble had awesome defence but was weak to Fighting moves, Eyrie wasn't strong enough yet and Lucario's Steel typing rendered Eyrie's advantage null and void, and Silver might have worked, except that Lucario knows Bone Rush which would have easily OHKO'd Silver due to her woeful Defence.

So. I made a plan. I'd buy Fire Blast for Silver and train her up so she'd out-speed Lucario. And that was that, plan-wise; I'd hope either Kazza or Eyrie would take down Maylene's first two Pokemon. There was a slight hitch in the plan though; the only Routes nearby were 210 and 215, each of which was filled with Geodudes, Gravelers and Ponytas, which would mean Silver would take an age to grind up. Ah well. The first Pokemon I bumped into was yet another Ponyta; I caught her, and called her Grace.

I managed to get Silver up to lv.27 through a combination of Exp.Share and normal grinding, when a nondescript Geodude came along. I used Fire Blast, which didn't kill it; then it used Selfdestruct. Silver went down. That sucked. If only her nature didn't scupper her already-lame Defence...

So, I got Red Rum out of the PC and changed tack. I figured that if I could get Eyrie up to lv.34 it'd evolve and learn Close Combat. That was pretty much my only hope given that I'd just been given a demonstration of Ponyta's frailty. I got grinding again. Eventually Eyrie did evolve and learned Close Combat. I came up with a strategy for Maylene:

1) Send Eyrie in vs. Meditite. Use Aerial Ace. Win.
    2) Switch Eyrie out for Kazza. This was because Machoke's Rock Slide would decimate Eyrie, and I knew from the Gym Trainers that Eyrie couldn't OHKO a Machoke with Aerial Ace. I had to hope Machoke didn't use Rock Slide, because it would probably OHKO Kazza too, and hope for a chance to Psybeam OHKO the big lump.
    3) Switch Kazza back out for Eyrie against Lucario. The reasons were threefold: firstly, Kazza would have hit lv.31 by beating Machoke, and would therefore no longer obey me. Second, Kazza would be destroyed by any of Lucario's attacks, even with his Fighting resistance. Thirdly, Eyrie would lower Lucario's Attack with Intimidate. Then I had to use Close Combat and hope it would OHKO Lucario, otherwise Drain Punch would no doubt cause trouble.

So I went ahead with my plan, and... By God, it worked perfectly. Meditite used Detect, which made Aerial Ace fail first time, but it worked fine second time. I switched in Kazza, crossed my fingers, and Machoke used Foresight. Psybeam took him down next go. I switched Eyrie back in, Lucario got the lovely Intimidate Attack drain, and Lucario used Bone Rush, which doesn't even affect Eyrie. Close Combat then OHKO'd Lucario, and I was done.

I left the Gym feeling in high spirits, and spoke to Dawn about beating up some Galactics... but I'll save that for next time.

Update 5:

After beating Maylene I went to help Dawn take out some Galactics. It was easy enough, even though I was using only Java whose level was quite a bit lower than the rest of my team. I figured I should probably use her a bit more though, seeing as the next Gym was full of Water users. After beating the Galactics I picked up Fly from inside the Warehouse and taught it to Eyrie.

I zipped back down Route 214 and onto Valor Lakefront, killing my first wild Pokemon - another Bibarel - on the way. Further down I cleared out Route 213 and got Sponge the Shellos (female, lv.21, Careful). Shame about the nature - her Sp.Atk could have used a boost - but I love Water/Ground as a type combo, especially given that not many (if any) of the trainers I'll face from here on will use Grass moves, and that's Gastrodon's only weakness. I may well use Sponge later on. For now though, I boxed her and moved on to Pastoria City, where I nipped into the Great Marsh and picked up Ursula the Wooper (lv.20, Quiet). Another potential Water/Ground to use, although for some reason I've never really liked Quagsire.

The Gym in Pastoria was a total joke. I don't know why I never do this Gym before the Veilstone one; I never have any trouble with it at all, whereas I often struggle against Maylene and her damn Lucario. As it happened though I tore the Gym to shreds using just Java - who was a Luxray by now - and pretty much using just Spark, except for when I switched Eyrie in to dispose of Wake's Quagsire. Four badges down, four to go.

I chased the Galactic out of Pastoria and got attacked by my rival, Diamond... He was, frankly, a pitiful excuse for a challenge, given that I took out his entire team with just Red Rum, by some distance my weakest Pokemon. I got the SecretPotion from Cynthia (don't know why she couldn't just give it to the Psyduck herself, given how she walks up behind you when you do it), healed the Psyduck, beat the trainers in the MooMoo Milk Shack (I forgot to before) and saved back in Solaceon.

The team:
    Spoiler:

PC:
    Spoiler:

Deceased:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Oh man, look at me being wild with this and all that nonsense.

~ ~ ~

Day Two

I woke up early this morning and I was still in this strange place where people have Pokemon battle for them. I didn't have much else to do so I made my way back to Sandgem, and continued on past. Throughout the journey my Pokemon learned several new skills which better utilized their natural abilities.

I soon arrived at the next destination, a place called Jubilife City, here I was met by Dawn who brought me to the Trainers' School - I guess training Pokemon is a big deal here. Before we got there, however, we met a strange man who called himself Looker. This Looker seemed was trying to hard to remain unseen, and seemed incredulous when we spotted him. He mentioned being a member of the "International Police", though he seemed to struggle with the language so I couldn't get the full meaning. He also mentioned being on the lookout for people who apparently stole Pokemon. Looker then told me to talk to him if I ever met him again. Moments later Dawn showed me the Trainers' School where Andrew had gone in earlier, apparently.

I met Andrew at the blackboard, where he had evidently memorized all the information written there. I afterward copied down a copy of the same notes in this journal, most of the information was pretty self-explanatory - but it never hurts to have another copy of something, right? After giving Andrew the package I had gotten from his mother he opened it and found two maps - which was odd to say the least. In any case, I got the extra map, and I was finally able to get a look at the place I had found myself in - the Sinnoh region. Andrew then told me that there was a gym in the next town over, and that's where he was heading. Rather than going along with him right away I decided to hang around Jubilife to gain a little experience as a Trainer and so on.

I was able to get a free watch of some sort by participating in a local promotion taking place in the city, so I guess my patience was rewarded in some fashion. I was also able to catch a new team member just north of Jubilife, a small Pokemon called Budew that had the appearance of a small rose bud. From this I gave him the name Ambrose. I also found an odd yellow duck called a Psyduck in a nearby cave which I named Farnsworth. I then put her in the PC boxes that I found were used to store Pokemon in, because I already had a Pokemon capable of using water-typed attacks.

When I finally did attempt to leave Jubilife however, I was accosted by Andrew who challenged me to a battle. It was obvious that I had been putting more work into training my team than Andrew was, as his fell quite easily. At least Andrew didn't seem disheartened, and within seconds he was back to his old self and dashed away, claiming he would become the best Trainer in the world. Soon afterward I was able to catch another member for my team, a Starly I named Avignon.

After catching Avignon I decided to rest for a while and returned to Jubilife to sleep for the night.

~ ~ ~

Current Team
    393MS.png
    Bonaparte, Male, Bashful, Lv. 10, Somewhat vain.

403MS.png
    Giza, Male, Mild, Lv. 10, Proud of it's power.

399MS.png
    Lester, Male, Hasty, Lv. 10, Often lost in thought.

406MS.png
    Ambrose, Male, Bold, Lv. 9, Mischievous.

396MS.png
    Avignon, Male, Modest, Lv. 4, Good endurance.

PC
    054MS.png
    Farnsworth

Deceased
    N/A

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back