• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    ._. I feel like a cheater. I used the 2 random doors in the trees in Pallet Town (probably put there for testing purposes) to go to Navel Rock and Birth Island (both of which had patches of grass added) to catch a Weedle and Caterpie. Am I right to feel like a cheater?

And the kicker is, that Weedle is a RNG-abusing badass, dishing out criticals and poison all over the place.

don't cheat too much. And try to play it into your story, like pretend some 1337 hax0rz got into ur game
    -----------------
    updated the challengers.

Anyway,

FIRST ONE TO MAKE A NUZLOCKE COMIC MAY REVIVE A DEAD POKEMON ON THE HOUSE! BUT ONLY ONCE! (can I do that or will it upset the nuzlocke gods>)

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Leaf Green Nuzlocke !

Starring...

Nuz ! Our main hero ! <3

Locke, his rival !

_____----______

Nuz began his challenge, picking Squirlte (Turtley) and beating Locke on his first fight. On Rt. 1 he failed to catch something. Primate the Mankey was caught on Rt. 22/3 (?), while Hawkes the Pidgey was caught on Rt. 2. In the forest, a Weedle poisoned Primate which needed a Potion to survive. He deposited UR MAD ? the Weedle.

Total ownage of Locke on their second fight.
    Currently in Viridian Forest. ~

TEAM ::

:t007: Turtley Lv. 9 Bubble, Tackle, Tail Whip m
    :t056: Primate Lv. 8 Low Kick, Scratch, Leer f
    :t016: Hawkes Lv. 9 Gust, Tackle, Sand Attack m

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Um, Sammu, you know that Revenge has a base power of 60, not 120, right? *shot*

Yeah I know, I was saying that after its power was doubled its base power was 120. Maybe I phrased it wrong.

In Granite cave I caught Hammer the female Makuhita

Lord Storm, did you name your Makuhita after my dead one? :D

Last edited:
    Years
    Yesterday was not exactly my lucky day, but I shall try this again. Expect my first update soon.

I'm using a name generator again, and instantly got this one hilarious result:
    Spoiler:

I also caught Joducus the Wurmple, now Silcoon. And all that before Petalburg, I'm actually grinding this time.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    FIRST ONE TO MAKE A NUZLOCKE COMIC MAY REVIVE A DEAD POKEMON ON THE HOUSE! BUT ONLY ONCE! (can I do that or will it upset the nuzlocke gods>)
    Will do.
    Yesterday was not exactly my lucky day, but I shall try this again. Expect my first update soon.

I'm using a name generator again, and instantly got this one hilarious result:
    Spoiler:

I also caught Joducus the Wurmple, now Silcoon. And all that before Petalburg, I'm actually grinding this time.
    +1 for using Civ.

Years
    Ok, I did more stuff, resulting in:
    Spoiler:

This glorious team, drawn by the glorious painter Pablo Crtl+Vcasso.

Next up: Petalburg forest, where I up to now haven't done anything but catching Vasily. First some more grinding though, I don't exactly want to end up with a Silcoon with only Harden as my last Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2014
    Hey this looks fab!!! I'll join in I'll be doing crystal.

I'll post after every gym badge or after i beat red.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    I notice nobody's doing Gen 1, I'll give that a try. I'll be using Red

I'll update when I get the first badge.

QUESTION: When it says no healing out of battle. Does that mean no Pokecentres or just no Potions etc. ?

Last edited:
    Years
    QUESTION: When it says no healing out of battle. Does that mean no Pokecentres or just no Potions etc. ?
    Actually the only rules that are obligatory are faint=death and 1P/area. Anything else is optional (with some rules like set mode being more common than others), so if you want to play with that rule, make it as you like it the most.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years

Actually the only rules that are obligatory are faint=death and 1P/area. Anything else is optional (with some rules like set mode being more common than others), so if you want to play with that rule, make it as you like it the most.

OK, thanks.

First little Update

I started my Journey when I left my house. My Mom asked me to get a pint of milk, yet I was stopped by some old man who told me the grass was dangerous. Yeah, I wouldn't call Birds and Rats dangerous.

Anyway, he gave me a Pokemon. He said it was called Charmander. Yet the Random Name Generator I was using called it Kermit, so that's what I named it. Oak did not look happy.

Some idiot challenged Kermit to a battle with his Turtle. Kermit owned it.

Got the parcel, Blah Blah Blah.

Got some PokeBalls and caught my first Pokemon. It was a Bird called Pidgey. The Random Name Generator disagreed again and decided to call it Jožef.

I decided to level Jožef up. Yet it got poisoned by a worm and I couldn't make it to the PokeCentre in time.

When I got into Viridian Forest I encountered my Second Pokemon. A Kakuna I caught and called Ramon. Leveling it up was the hardest as it only knew Harden.

When I got Ramon to level 10 it evolved into an Epic looking wasp. It still only knew harden. Kermit evolved into a boring looking bigger version of it's original self. Except it had a spike on it's head.

Challenged Brock, spammed Ember. Got the badge. On to Cerulean!

Current Team:

Kermit the Charmeleon
    Level 16

Ramon the Beedrill
    Level 10

RIP

Jozef the Pidgey

Years
    Ok, I've somehow managed to get distracted for a while, but here is my newest update:
    Spoiler:

So, I somehow got the Boulderbadge or whatever it's called in this version, with this team:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    ._. For once, I'm actually one of the people that's GOOD at something Pokemon-related... Guess this makes up for my competitive battling being suck-tastic.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    This looks like a challenge :D Sign me up with Red version: I'll have an update up soon as I can.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    don't cheat too much. And try to play it into your story, like pretend some 1337 hax0rz got into ur game
    Well, I AM playing Moemon Leaf Green, not normal Pokemon Leaf Green; like I said, those were probably there to test the different sprites. I'll just look at it this way: I'm just using what the game gave me.

Bwah. 3 times I've tried to edit this message, and only now does it actually let me. The other 2 times it gave me server errors and I had to wait nearly 10 mintes each time before I could even get back in.

Took on Deoxys, took down Deoxys. :D

OHSH*T. Machoke with Revenge and a 3-level advantage just about DECIMATED my Sandslash... ;-; 3/84 left... Sitrus Berry to the rescue, but missed with Iron Tail, and right back down to 7... Next Iron Tail did the job, but oh god, that scared me... *clings to Sandra* ;-;

Ooh, fancy. The forum automatically merges double posts?

Last edited:

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    Scepy's Nuzlocke Run
    Spoiler:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    ^darksceptile I found a shiny on my Nuzlocke Run as well!

Diamond Progress
    I was standing on the top of Spear Pillar, the highest point in Sinnoh. Right now I would have felt like I was king of the world, but Cyrus's plan was in its final stage, and if he succeeded there would be no world left to be king of. Jacques and I had just defeated Mars and Jupiter and my Pokemon were fully healed. This was a Nuzlocke Challenge so my Pokemon must be kept in top form at all times. "Enough chatter" began Cyrus "Time to create the new world that I desire!!!"
    Cyrus held up the red chain. "I call on the power of the legendary Pokemon, the deity of time, Dialga!"
    The ground shook as a figure emerged the eons and centuries of time. Its deadly roar seemed to shape the very fabric of time itself. I knew this wouldn't be an easy fight. I ran towards Dialga, ready to bring it down. When Cyrus stepped in front of me. "Where do you think you're going?" he asked
    "I'm going to stop your insane plans once and for all, Cyrus!" I cried. Cyrus seemed to chuckle at this, "I can shape the world as I see fit" called Cyrus "I am a deity, you are a fool to challenge me!"
    Then, Cyrus gave Dialga an attacking motion. It was about to unleash its signature attack, Roar of Time, when the three lake guardians, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf appeared. They combined their psychic powers, and the red chain that bound Dialga had snapped. "I've had enough!" Cyrus yelled "You won't be interfering with my plans any longer, Mick!"
    The battle began as Cyrus sent out Honchkrow. I used B.O.B, my Porygon-Z, as it new Thunderbolt, and possessed a magnet as its hold item. I'd known Cyrus would be using 3 flying type Pokemon, so I'd thought this strategy up. Cyrus delivered the first blow. His Honchkrow's Night Slash was a sturdy hit, but B.O.B was still standing. "Thunderbolt!" I commanded.
    Honchkrow's high HP stat left it alive, but barely. Cyrus unleashed another Night Slash, but B.O.B took the hit and continued with another Thunderbolt to leave Cyrus at 3 Pokemon. Next up was Gyarados, Thunderbolt could have easily killed it, but this was a Nuzlocke Challenge, and if a Pokemon was gone, it was gone forever, ergo I wasn't going to take any risks. I switched to Jiffy, my trusty Gastrodon, as it can take a hit or two. Jiffy easily took Gyarados's hits, left and right as it covered for B.O.B who was nearly devoid of HP. Eventually, Gyarados was downed via strength, but the battle had just begun. I could see Cyrus twitch, perhaps he was losing his cool.

"Enough is enough!" cried Cyrus, "Go Weavile". Weavile was Cyrus's ace Pokemon, even one night slash could send your HP down to 0. I promptly sent out Kazzy, my Infernape for the type advantage.
    "Night Slash!" Cyrus bellowed. Weavile charged for Kazzy and slashed it with its sharp claw. I watched Kazzy's HP fall, could this be the end of our time together? Kazzy survived the hit and promptly countered with an array of punches and kicks known only as Close Combat to finish off Weavile once and for all. Cyrus threw his final Poke ball in a fit of rage to send out Crobat, a powerful poison and flying type Pokemon.
    "Your done for, Cyrus!" I called out, while throwing a Pokeball. B.O.B was ready to blast Crobat to pieces.
    "Crobat, use Poison Fang!" called Cyrus. B.O.B was down, but not out. "Thunderbolt!!!!!" I commanded. B.O.B drew all its inner power to deliver a powerful string of electricity to Cyrus's Crobat. It was nearly finished, we were this close to saving Sinnoh, no, the entire world at large. Crobat's weakened state let B.O.B attack first and deliver the final, shocking blow.
    Cyrus put his face in his hands as Crobat slowly fluttered to the ground, not crying, but shaking with anger. He burst up and shouted "No this isn't over, the human spirit is incomplete and WILL be destroyed!"
    I had defeated Cyrus. I couldn't believe it. That wasn't the end of my mission, however, I had to defeat Dialga and save the world. I could hear, Rowan, Dawn, and my rival Jacques cheering for me as I stepped into battle. Dialga let out a mighty roar. "Go Kazzy!" I cried. Kazzy let out a battle cry, ready to defeat Dialga and save the world. I led with Flamethrower, which braised through Dialga's hard steel plating. I was quite confident that we might win. Then Dialga unleashed its most powerful attack, ripping right through Kazzy, Roar of Time. I watched Kazzy's HP fall to 0, every second of it pained me. I had lost my starter Pokemon, but he wasn't just a Pokemon, he was a friend.
    "Avenge his death, Jiffy!" I cried as my Gastrodon came out, sheer determination in its eyes. Dialga had to charge, so we took advantage and unleashed a critical hit mud bomb, defeating Dialga. I stood there, I had done it. I had saved all of Sinnoh. I was congratulated by my friends. I was a true hero, but at what cost. I paid my final respects to Kazzy, and continued on, tears, ever-present in my soft blue eyes.
    "This isn't over!" I cried, facing the sky "I'm going to make Kazzy proud, and become the League Champion!"

and the reason I use big words and such is because I entered it for the short story contest.

Leafgreen Progress:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xig64R3zfmM

I swear Captain Slash is a freaking android, he's so beastly its almost unreal.
    -----------------------------------
    Anyway there is a New, "Ask Ace" feature. Anyone can submit a question and I will answer it or give advice to the best of my ability.

Example:

N00b: I need a fire type for the Elite Four in Hoenn.
    Ace: Camperupt is both sturdy and powerful and Torkoal's ability makes it immune to lowered stats, both are very good choices. :)

Last edited:

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Username: Zeph.
    Red Version

The Story so far:

+
    I picked Charmander and named him Dargo =D. Me and him are gonna be best buddies... ^^
    + My rival, Nuzloke, challenges me. To which, I respond with pwnage. Dargo grows to lv.6 =D
    + To viridian and back for old man Oak's parcel, blah blah...
    + I get my pokedex and I'm off, back to Viridian =D. I thought I'd pop in to Route 22 and see what I can find...
    +
    To be perfectly honest I was kinda hoping for a male. Nonetheless, I caught her and named her Chelsea.
    + Back to Route 1 for some good ol' fashioned grinding =D. There were a few close shaves, but we got there.
    + At lv.8 I decided to press north. After watching the old man's tedious (and let's be honest, after 14 years, pointless) lecture on catching, I begin Route 2. Wonder what will appear first...
    +
    Meh, why not. Called him Jefferey, after a friend's suggestion.
    + Back for more grinding! D=<
    + That'll do. Next up - the forest =D

The Team:

Dargo - Lv. 8

Charmander
    Fire
    Scratch, Growl

Chelsea - Lv. 8

Nidoran(F)
    Poison
    Tackle, Scratch, Growl

Jefferey - Lv. 4

Pidgey
    Normal/Flying
    Gust

Our Fallen Comrades:

None =D

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    It was a drowzee, my least favorite Pokemon, so I didn't use it.

Oh guys read my post above to learn about the "Ask Ace" feature and watch my LG Gym video as well as read my Diamond Short Story

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back