• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PC Wifi Ladder

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Welcome to the Official PokéCommunity Wifi Ladder!

Here we'll post the rankings of all of PC's top wifi battlers based on a simple point system that takes into account both win percentage and number of matches completed. To remain at the top of the ladder, you must battle often and win a fair percentage of your matches. Before you begin laddering, here are a few rules:

1. All matches MUST be fought under the STANDARD CLAUSES. These include Sleep Clause, Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, Hax Item Clause, and Species Clause. Standard OU matches must also be fought under the Ubers Clause. Questions about clauses and tiers can be asked in this thread. An up-to-date tier list can be found here: https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

2. In order for your match to count towards the official ladder standings, it must be fought against another member of PC. You may not battle members of other forums, friends, or family members that are not members of The PokéCommunity.

3. Match results MUST be posted in this thread, with either the loser or the winner confirming the result. You may also search for ladder battles in this thread as well. It is preferred that both the winner and the loser confirm to reduce confusion. If there are conflicting stories on how a match ended, the result will not be counted. When reporting a match result, please include these pieces of information:

a) What tier the match was fought under
    b) Who the match was fought against
    c) The winner and the loser (score is not necessary)

Any reported score lacking one of these pieces of information will not be counted.

4. Ladder matches can be reported from any source, including the quick battle thread or any tournament/gym battle. Just make sure that both battlers agree that the match will go towards the official ladder standings BEFORE the match has started.

The Point System:

The point system is very simple. You are rewarded 2 points for a win and deducted 1 point for a loss. This point system accomplishes two things. It ensures that the battlers with the highest win percentages remain at the top of the ladder. It also ensures that those who do not continue to "ladder" will lose their place on the leader board as the average number of points per battler slowly rises.

The Ladders:

There will be a separate ladder for each tier. As of now we will only include OU, UU and doubles. However, Ubers may be added later if enough interest is generated.

OU

1. Wolflare : 10 (5-0)

2. レッド : 4 (2-0)
    2. Aurafire : 4 (2-0)

3. Ooka : 3 (3-2)

4. Mukkamoto : 2 (1-0)
    4. Dark Wolf : 2 (1-0)

5. Tortuga Gun : 1 (1-1)

6. Reaper121 : 0 (1-2)

7. alexis515148 : -1 (0-1)
    7. Cosmic Tyrant : -1 (0-1)
    7. *FireEagle DeWitt Jr* -1 (0-1)
    7. Xairmo : -1 (0-1)
    7. Jonnyboi : -1 (0-1)
    7. Majik Bac : -1 (0-1)
    7. richacwwplayer : -1 (0-1)
    7. KENZULA : -1 (0-1)
    7. vjycoffs : -1 (0-1)
    7. jayjayfish : -1 (0-1)

UU

1. Ooka : 4 (2-0)
    2. mrpokemonchampion : -1 (0-1)
    2. Leonix : -1 (0-1)

DOUBLES

1. jayjayfish : 3 (2-1)
    2. Jas_66 : 0 (1-2)

Last edited:

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    This has been officially approved by myself and CME, so all you battlers get going and try to be the best on PC!

Aurafire and Volkner's Apprentice will be personally overseeing this thread and the scoring, but if things get out of hand then us mods will step in to sort out any disagreements.

Adam L'Argent

Sinister... But Noble
    Years
    this looks tres bien! I may not be the best, but.... I am not the worst. I will fight to the perpetual death. Um....

Junoliv

'Luv ur pokemon' how pathetic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    you need to change the word "being" in the second line to "begin".

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    You can't also assume we're keeping track of all matches played around here. You need to agree with your opponent that the match will count on the Ladder, then report it here. Tournament matches will also be counted (possibly automatically, yet we're discussing this.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    You can't also assume we're keeping track of all matches played around here. You need to agree with your opponent that the match will count on the Ladder, then report it here. Tournament matches will also be counted (possibly automatically, yet we're discussing this.)

If you do will previous tournament matches count?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years

Not for the regular wifi ladder, no. But eventually we'll have a ladder for all the big tournaments around here, in which case past matches will be taken into account.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    I agree, I think bot members should agree on a ladder battle, I mean, this is like the EGL, people have to tell me what kinda battle they want, a gym one or a normal one, if someone defeats me in a battle and says he won a badge, but I never agreed to having the match a gym battle, then he does not get the badge, the same thing should apply here for the points.

A ladder for tournaments is a rather good idea:), then more people will enter tourneys:)

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years

Just like Aurafire said, unfortunately only the current tournament matches you're in (so long as you say 'ladder match' when you start your battle) will count towards the official PC Ladder.

I'm currently working on a system for a separate Ladder strictly for tournaments that just give Rankings to people with points based on what rounds you finished in in the biggest tournaments here on PC (PC Wifi, ESO, Whirl Cup, etc.)

I'm also going to have to scout for the better quality tournaments around here, perhaps giving out "Tiers" based on how popular, how unique, and how well run the tournament is. I'll run this idea by Horizon: my best bet would give out labels such as "Gold", "Silver", "Bronze", and "Normal" Tier Labels to all the current tournaments. Normal level tourneys would not count on Tournament Ladder, given they're not unique, very small, or not run very well.

A ladder for tournaments is a rather good idea:), then more people will enter tourneys:)

Right, so I'll definitely set up the separate one for tournaments. As for the EGL and any other gyms, those matches will just count here; it'd be too tough to include gyms in a tournament ladder, so they'll just be regular wins/losses.

I knew PC needed a WiFi Ladder. And about time someone made one. Good luck with this, you guys! I'mma go start looking for ladder matches now...

Yay! =] I should be back on the battling scene in full throttle come April, right now it's just the PC Tournament. I'll make sure my second round counts as my first ladder match. ;)

So go ahead, everyone! Battle away and submit your results here to the Ladder so they can be incorporated!

jayjayfish

hey who goes there?
    Years
    this is a great idea, lol ill find a partner to battle i gues its gona be JAS_66 and i will vs him 6v5
    i will use 5 pokes and he will use 6 lets see who will win lol well were battling tommorow and i will tell you the score tommorow to is that ok,lol

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    How come when i asked you jay, you said you can't battle on weekdays? chicken?

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    well actually jay's mum isn't home so he plays wen is parents are at work!
    well i gues i better start ev training.
    jay u goin down lolz. although i might loose but i dont really care i sued 2 be hooked on this game but not nay more i just play it for jokes even when i battle. im not a competeative battler i just play for fun.

jayjayfish

hey who goes there?
    Years
    me and JAS_66 vs eachother under double battles and he won (i let him) and can you please add him to the torney he just needs to prove something to me about him actualy being good at battling so add him on there please, plus i will be added on to the ladder later on when i think jas has had enough of a head start then i will thrash someone and well ill try to become the best

ps: does this work
    jas_66 wins the first round then we have another battle and i win so would jas get only 1 point and i should be added does that work? just curious

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    me and JAS_66 vs eachother under double battles and he won (i let him) and can you please add him to the torney he just needs to prove something to me about him actualy being good at battling so add him on there please, plus i will be added on to the ladder later on when i think jas has had enough of a head start then i will thrash someone and well ill try to become the best

ps: does this work
    jas_66 wins the first round then we have another battle and i win so would jas get only 1 point and i should be added does that work? just curious

Soo....JAS_66 won a doubles match against you. If you were to then win another match against him, then he would get negative one points and you'd get two points, leaving both of you with one points since you'd both be 1-1....Make sense?

EDIT: The scores of of both those matches have now been added. I'll be keeping track of your records as well just in case there is a problem with the point system so we have something to fall back on.

Back