• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    Im still chaining 4 my shiny ditto, most ive ever got is 4. Seriously considering trading 1 of my jirachis 4 it online!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I just spent like three hours playing the slots in FireRed to get a Porygon (so what, I'm cheap :P), and I just happened to pull out with a shiny. *iz happy*

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    shiny magicarp and shiny spinda in emerald. i was like what??? when i saw it haha...shinies are pretty cool. i gotta try finding a shiny murkrow...

Paradox Dragonite

Don't laugh at my CB Froslass!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    I don't chain much, but I do have a shiny Meganium. I once bred enough Horsea to get a shiny one.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    Joining PC had to have been good luck, right after registering I was hatching some eevee eggs and one happened to be a shiny, which i was more than stoked for with umbreon being my favorite pokemon and all and always wanting one with the blue. Now i just have to learn chaining. . .

§

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    I hated my Mild shiny Absol, so I wen't out to chain it again today, since the swarm came back. And this time I kept my Adamant Synchronizer. So I used a Luxury Ball, and guess what nature the Absol was? MODEST. So now I have a Mild and Modest shiny Absol. 2 sucky natures. I r sulk.

looker94

Water Trainer
    Years
    I own two non chain shinys
    Aron in emerald~granite cave
    Treeko in ruby after 600 resets
    and have been having a dry spell lately. did 6000 dratini/gyrados encounters in pearl and no shiny yet
    working on moltres and tangela in LG at the moment wish me luck

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    I hate chaining :<

All I have at the moment is 7 shiny Luxrays. Cloned. I'm not that big a fan of shinies.

bearsfan092

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Meh, shinies are overrated. However, I have two non chained shinies and one of them that were chained.

I hatched a pretty good shiny Eevee, which is in my thread. I also hatched a great shiny Bagon. I chained kind of a meh Spoink as well.

Tonitonichopchop

Cottton candy lover
    Years
    Shinies

I have some pretty good shinies. Here are the ones I have.

Peliper (This one was random, I don't have it anymore, traded it)
    Magikarp (Caught it in Leafgreen before I beat Misty! Was a pleasant surprise)
    Pachirisu (Caught it using pokerader after a chain of 24. And it's female!)

And that's the way it goes.

bearsfan092

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Just doing a breeding project for gunners and out popped a shiny diglett! Too bad it had sand veil and and a quiet nature, but hell, a shiny is a shiny.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Got my hands on a shiny minun on a chain of 10 and on top of that it's a timid nature! hehe I have a speed demon on my hands! (might be exaggerating a bit there) lol

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Just bred another Shiny Cranidos(Jolly). I will keep it or trade it since Shiny Fossil Pokemon are pretty much hard to come by.

bearsfan092

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Congratulations Haza! It's hard to breed shinies, and I hate it when they come up with a wrong nature/crap IV's. Looks like you hit the right nature there, especially for a Scarf Rampardos. What kind of IV's does it have, or do you not care?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I wasnt IV breeding on it so they probably suck. I will check later. I have a shiny Rampardos I bred thats Adamant that I use Focussash/RockPolish with so I dont need this one. My brothers friend might want it though.

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I have a shiny Chimchar atm. i was wondering, if you breed to shinies, what is the chance of the baby being shiny?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I have a shiny Chimchar atm. i was wondering, if you breed to shinies, what is the chance of the baby being shiny?
    Breeding shinies would not increase the chance of hatching a shiny. Thus, the chance would be the same as finding one in the wild and such. The shiny ratio is always 1/8192 (unless you chain, which can slightly increase your odds).

...I haven't found a shiny since September? x_x;

Back