• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Ozzy

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    I have all the shiny numbers in my signature, The first I caught was a Shiny Wurmple, And it evolved into a Dustox, Which now, I hate with all my guts.

Anyone want it?
    Willing to trade it for something ^.^

bearsfan092

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Golbat is not that bad. Make it into a Crobat, get a set from Smogon, and it's at least usable.

piemeup

Pokemon FAQ Master
    Years
    I have about 50 somthing shineys i dont have AR if i did i would have like a billion xD, but most of them were chained, but when playing leafgreen i think i dunno i forget it might have bin emerald, but i found a shiney lugia (from event)

Ozzy

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    300 shinies. Just a few days ago. Im beat. Including duplicates, HAHA id have about 800 shinies... I have to release some eventually, the pc doesn hold everythin y know.

The only pokemon im gonna trade is a lvl 18 dustox though, Once my collection of shiny pokemon is complete, Ill sell it on ebay for 1 or 2 grand. Haha. worth it rite?

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    From my experience i've encounted shiny patches at around 80 but other than that its completely random. Correct me if im wrong.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    They usually average at around 60. Thats when I start really eying for them.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I think it varies because I never have to soft reset that much to get a shiny I'd say the most I'd had to SR for one is maybe 40 times.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Im on chain 42 how many times will i have to reset my rader before i get a shiny patch
    Keep resetting the radar and do not enter another patch unless you see a shiny patch. You should see your first shiny patch in about an hour, usually less. If not, feel free to take a break and charge your DS while it's in sleep mode. You will find a shiny eventually; just don't break the chain.

At a chain of 40 or higher, I believe that your shiny ratio is 1/200, so it's pointless to continue increasing the chain amount. In addition, remain in the middle of the grass so that all four patches reset, thus increasing your odds. That's awesome compared to the usual 1/8192, so just be patient. Good luck. ^_^

xLilith

is here. Sheesh.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    Me, I don't last that long to see shiny patches ;-;
    Though I've been busy breeding and I've hatched a few shinies : D

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    i once caught a shiny oddish... on the route east of Fuchia City in Fire Red
    but thats all.
    Oh well, hopefully my luck is better in Platinum

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    I have 13 shinies. They are:

Primeape
    Golduck
    Arcanine
    Moltres (Got lucky)
    Zapdos (Got lucky)
    MEWTWO! (Took me freakin' forever.)
    Pikachu (Modest nature. I use him in battles.)
    Blissey
    Staraptor
    Totodile (Hatched. Has an Adament nature with dang good iv's.)
    Metagross (My favorite shiny!)
    Espeon
    Charizard

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    lol

No shinys yet, I just started my pokemon diamond, im trying to beat it so when pokemon platium comes out I can transfer some good pokemon.

Golemz

Hard As A Rock
    Years
    I've never found a shiny by chaining. It's not that I don't know how to, I just don't have the patience or desire to do it.

I have found several shinies without using it though:

Zigzagoon (In Sapphire but I think I deleted it)
    Zubat (Leafgreen)
    Ghastly (Pearl)
    Geodude(Pearl)
    Steelix (First shiny in Pearl)
    Hippowdon(Second shiny in Pearl)
    Pidgey (Accidentally killed it in my Leafgreen)
    Metagross (Friend traded me)
    Numel(Pearl, now a Camerupt)
    Milotic (Hacked, got from GTS)
    Japanese Heatran (Platinum, got from GTS)

I think that's it.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Just got a shiny buizel from ev training. I've always wanted one so that's cool! :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    I have 14 shinies:

Unown
    Treecko
    Abra
    Chatot (My fav pokemon)
    Bagon
    Metagross
    Pidgey
    Starly
    Bidoof
    Gyarados
    Caterpie
    Ditto
    Phione (from an egg, what luck!)
    Rhyperior

I think that is all of them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    i have shiny metagross and shiny charizard :D . if u wanna trade i want level 1-5 good natured shiny gorebyss and shiny dratini :D just putting that out there

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    Yesterday i was playing firered and i found a shiny espeon in trainer tower it looks awesome. Makes me feel bad that i only have 1 shiny and can't chain.

Back