• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Reniko_Seika

He who plays the hacks
    Years
    I don't get what the big deal about Shinys are, but the only thing I've seen is my friend's Shiny Rhyperior and a Bidoof during my first trip to Sandgem.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    I have 3 shinies. Sneasel, Golbat, Graveler. I've actually found 2 shiny Gravelers but the first one used selfdestruct. You have no idea how pissed I was.

Years
    I have a few. I caught myself a shiny Dustox from Emerald, a Metagross(originally Beldum) in Pearl, a Machop in Diamond, and, um, I think that's it. I might have a few more, but I can't remember. XD

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well, I have a few, but my favorite would have to be my Zubat that I caught. I got lucky with the Adamant nature.

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Oh, so they're more common than one thinks? Even though the odds are something like 1/8000 or whatever it is each time you battle, it's still possible to get them.

I wouldn't mind myself a shiny Meowth, but really they don't look that different. :(

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Did you cheat? I have none. By brother seen a Shiny Zubat (in gold though) and failed to catch it... Other than Red Gyrados in Gold, nothing.

He most likey caught a majority of them by use of the Poké Radar, like me.

Speaking of the Poké Radar, i've spent awhile catching Skarmory to hopefully get some with flawless IVs. I KOed 2 in the chain, and caught about 38, in the same chain ... If you catch my meaning ;P

x?

I'll update as I catch my Shinies ^0^

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
    Years
    He most likey caught a majority of them by use of the Poké Radar, like me.

Speaking of the Poké Radar, i've spent awhile catching Skarmory to hopefully get some with flawless IVs. I KOed 2 in the chain, and caught about 38, in the same chain ... If you catch my meaning ;P

x?

I'll update as I catch my Shinies ^0^

where you get the shiny sprite?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    What's Pokéradar? I cant beleive how someone can have 38 and others here say they have more than one, and I have none!

It's called chaining. Using the Pokeradar, it's actually possible to hunt for shinies. There are a bunch of guides and FAQs on the net (including the one here), just read one of those.

DCFC_Woody

Shinny Hunter
    Years
    Halcyon... Still going and you caught the shiny I want most :(

Trying for scarmory but keep getting broke at around 25, hopefully I will get one sometime soon

Happy Hunting

Back