• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I have 150+ shinies from tradin fro gba genration but heck when it comes to D/P um about 50-60. A lot I know but heck i bored. Its mostly eevees that I try and pahirisu. My favori though would be shiny blue dailga!

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I was making my way through Mt. Coronet to get to the Cycling Road... and I found my first shiny!!! :D!

It was a Gold Geodude... so I was happy that I could easily catch it :).

That makes... one for me :).

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Currently Owned:

Shiny Gyarados (I made him one of the first few Pokemon I EV trained (Nature: Naughty))
    Shiny Floatzel (got this one from the GTS)
    Shiny Palkia (no, I didn't get this one for the Mr. Mime. XD Though I did get it from the GTS)

Previously Owned:

Shiny Mr. Mime (I'm an avid Mime-Hater, so I got rid of it for a Palkia)
    Shiny Gastrodon (West Coast) (traded for Munchlax, because it looked the exact same colour as a normal Gastrodon, and wouldn't go for anything else)
    Shiny Geodude (forgot what I traded it for, but I got rid of it)

there are probably more, but I can't remember them. I'll be sure to keep this updated, though, as I plan on doing some chaining for Shinies. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    i'm such a blonde. i found a shiny zubat in Mt. Coronet, and i ran from it. the only shiny i've gotten myself is a hatched mudkip.

Chonlel48

'Tallica and computers ftw
    Years
    My shiny wasn't chained

I was training my Lucario on (checks catch date) March 12th In snowpoint temple... after a while, i hear the shiny ping... It has a neutral nature, IVs are
    8/28/25/19/x/25... and its a...

Steelix.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Shines I have:
    Banette
    Giratina
    Gengar
    Sableye
    Gligar
    Golem
    Rapidash
    Roserade
    Meditite
    Manetric
    Darkrai
    Honchkrow
    Rayquaza
    Hariyama
    Linoone
    Ekans

Had:
    Dewgong
    Gyarados
    Eevee
    Pidgeot

Suiciders:
    Voltorb
    Geodude

:t354:TG

Glaceon_

Years
    I performed some Shiny Hunting and guess what I caught?

Three Shiny Murkrow, after a few rounds of Radar Resetting. I was pretty happy with myself, because it was the first time I'd ever actually successfully Radar'd myself some Shiny Pokemon. ^^ One Mild, one Brave and one Impish.

I might stick one on the GTS, or put one up for grabs, should anyone want one. Don't think anyone will, though.. XD

D-puff

Wooper Expert
    Years
    over the years ive owned a few shinys, but as for d/p i have 2 that i actually caught;

And whats awesome is...i caught these in a matter of days. talk about luck XD. I got starly today, and caterpie a few days ago. I kinda do wish i got better pokemon though =P. I might end up trading one, if not both, of them. im trying to get a shiny ralts for my actual team.

Also, i was wondering something...when a shiny nincada evolves with an empty slot, will the Shedinja be shiny too, or is it just as random as hatching an egg? I want to get a shiny shedinja for my friend (cause he let me borrow d/p before i got my own), and i want to know what i should trade for.

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
    Years
    Yesterday I was breeding Cyndaquil, and I was overjoyed when one of the eggs hatched into a shiny. That was the first Shiny I bred myself. As for my other Shinys, I have caught a Rattata and a Golbat.

Glaceon_

Years
    Also, i was wondering something...when a shiny nincada evolves with an empty slot, will the Shedinja be shiny too, or is it just as random as hatching an egg? I want to get a shiny shedinja for my friend (cause he let me borrow d/p before i got my own), and i want to know what i should trade for.

Apparently, everything about the Nincada/Ninjask transfers over to Shedinja, since Shedinja is the "shell" of Nincada, which it "sheds" when it evolves. Kind of a "Hence the name of Shedinja" situation. So yes; Shedinja will be shiny, if you evolve a Shiny Nincada.

I found out at this YouTube Video.

D-puff

Wooper Expert
    Years
    Apparently, everything about the Nincada/Ninjask transfers over to Shedinja, since Shedinja is the "shell" of Nincada, which it "sheds" when it evolves. Kind of a "Hence the name of Shedinja" situation. So yes; Shedinja will be shiny, if you evolve a Shiny Nincada.

I found out at this YouTube Video.
    Ah, thats what i kinda figured, since it just kinda made logical sense (cause as you said, its the shell). I just wanted to make sure before i traded/hunted for the wrong thing.

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
    Years
    well i started Sring for palkia today wish me luck ^^ not keeping track of the number of sr. It gives me huge headache (i posted this on SHC also just wanted to spread the word ^^)

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    I began SRing for a Shiny Drifloon yesterday early morning, on and off. Then later, I done about 2-3 hours of continuous resetting - and nothing, as I was expecting.
    So I go back to my game after several hours, and check the tree I slathered Honey onto earlier.. Just a male Combee. I put more Honey onto the tree, and move back in front of Drifloon and save my game.

Then I enter battle with it.. And...

Spoiler:

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    June 11, 2008 10:30pm

So there I am, fishing inside Mt Coronet, looking for a Feebas. I'm getting frustrated, as I've spent hours and hours with no luck. I'm just half heartedly tossing my line in the water, when suddenly I saw a flash. Wait, a flash? There, floating before me, was a Barboach. But not just any Barboach. A shiny Barboach. A "1-in-8,192 chance" shiny freakin' Barboach.

Five years!

It has been over 5 years since I saw a shiny pokemon. (March 23, 2003, Route 223 in Hoenn, where I caught my shiny Wailmer.) Literally, my hands were shaking with excitement. I can't let it get away! "Bronzong, use Block!" I yelled, as my pokemon used a move to keep its enemy from running away. "Ok, pokeball, go!" I tossed the pokeball, and it rocked...

Once...

Twice...

Three times.....

Pop! Out came the Barboach. I don't have any pokemon that can put it to sleep, so I tried the pokeball again...

Once... please...

Twice... c'mon...

Three times... click!

I CAUGHT A SHINY BARBOACH!!!

Jebel35

Legendary Seeker
    Years
    Haven't got any shiny's yet. Have tried to chain before and get frustrated too quickly and just head back to training or to the battle tower. ^__^;

Back