• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    I was training on Platinum and I run into my first shiny and of course it's an Abra! Of course the one pokeball I launch doesn't catch it. Why oh why of all the shinies I could have run into I had to run into an Abra?!

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    i think i was in viridian forest on fire red, i came across a shiny weedle, i caught it anyway just because it was a shiny, i think that is probably the only shiny i have ever come across though

Raffprta

Competitive Battle
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2010
    I just chained a shiny Voltorb this morning at 33, but my chain broke at 35.
    I've caught 9 shinies so far, 8 by chaining, 1 by hatching using the Masuda method.

Divine~Deoxys

I got a lv.100 shiny magikarp in the resort area in platinum (caught at 99, took hours to level up)

polikuh

Dream Team Maker
    Years
    ive got 2 breeded shinys my garydos and rapidash. i meen you gotta love um and ive got a 3rd shiny work for 4 hours but got mee a ditto. everything is now bread of it. when i get my wifi working. i get anyone a any shiny.

ShinyZzZ18

Shiny Collector & Bad Chainer
    Years
    Every Shiny I've ever owned

Donphan- Silver Version (Lost due to a bad execution of the cloning glitch)
    Gyarados- Gold, Siver, and Crystal Vesions (The Givens)
    Blastoise- FireRed Version (As a Squirtle, it came in 2 SR's)
    Forretress- Diamond Version (My 1st 4th gen random. Caught as a Pineco, Got Bored and deleted the savefile without thinking)
    Skuntank- Diamond Version (Random, while playing 2nd playthru. Caught as a Stunky)
    Weavile- Pearl Version (Random on 1st playthru. Caught as a Sneasel)
    Metagross- TRADED (Won in bluelaser92's contest on YouTube)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 12, 2009
    Yo

I have two Shiny Voltorbs that
    i'm willing to trade for another shiny
    preferably a low level
    the voltorbs are at lvl 28

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
    Hmm... I know this might not belong here. I'm looking for a japanese ditto as I'm extremely curious if I can try my luck and get a shiny pokemon. only have shiny lvl 6 geodude and lvl 30something golbat I caught as I played through the games :o

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    I've been very lucky with shinies all of a sudden. Last night I was training my Bastiodon and out of the blue I run into a shiny Graveler. Tonight, roughly 24hrs later, I am training my Shuckle and I run into a shiny Tentacool.

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
    I really never bother to get the pokeradar out and chain much. Only once I tried it, mostly I just wait for amazing streaks of luck---

Fire Red-
    Trying to sr for a nice Shiny Charmander, and after about a hour of searching I found one!!! male+brave

Randomly gonna restart game, but when I was running into the town, I decided to catch the 60th pokemon in my pokedex (Iv'e restarted the game many times) then a wild Shiny Growlite appeared! I freaked out completly and caught it with a ultra ball in full health (all I had were level 50's)

Diamond- My first and only Diamond shiny came from using the pokeradar in route 201 and after my 33 chained pokemon I found what I had searched for--- A shiny Male Nidoran,with my sleep powder venusaur I chucked a luxury ball at it and got him.

Platinum--With the new Event Member card in hand I decide to go and catch Darkari, So when I got there I saved thinking I wouldn't use my master ball, and talked to it, the theme played and I saw and heard the sparkles coming from it, I immediatly bagged it with the master ball, None of my pokemon fainted at the sight of purple/pink
    Darkari, but I sure did!!!

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Ok so ive been trying to chain using pokeradar but my chains keep breaking at about 20-30
    Does any-one have any suggestions to help me chain more successfully?
    And how many does it usually take to find a shiny??

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    With the Member's Card download giving everyone an opportunity to get a shiny Darkrai (movie Darkrai can't be shiny), how many have actually managed it?
    I caught mine literally just a few minutes ago, in my 3rd Dusk Ball :P It has a Timid nature, and great IVs to boot :D

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well trying hard for getting some kind of shiny pokémon, I encountered a shiny Staravia. I wasn't actually aiming to get one, as I wanted to chain for Porygon, but when Staravia's just started coming out of the blue everywhere, I decided to chain for it. I encountered the shiny at the chain of 11. This would be my second time getting a shiny pokémon by chaining. Before this one, I had a shiny Plusle at the chain of 8 and so I think it is pretty awesome that I got another shiny pokémon without reaching the 40-range. After the shiny Staravia, I gave chaining a break and moved on to the contests in Pokémon Pearl.

I haven't exactly started thinking of a contest team [only 5 as there is only 5 ranks] but I plan to do that as soon as I have time to...Until Next Time.

Defective Llama

Maming Monger
    Years
    just signed up, Do u guys take the chaining slow and reset quite often.

I only have a shiny phanpy and 3 shiny electrikes, actually got to 43 for the elctrikes and got the phanpy on a 9 chain

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
    I've actually never caught any shinys myself on DPPt, but I've traded many. I even have a Shiny Japanese Mesprit :)
    Currents:
    Shiny Gallade
    Shiny Roserade (Omg emo roses XD)
    Shiny Ralts
    Shiny NEWBORN Charmander (Yes.. :3)
    Shiny Crobat (caught as a Golbat on Ruby & transferred over to my Pearl after the game came out and I unlocked Pal Park etc.)
    Shiny Tyranitar (Pure sex.)
    Shiny Mesprit (aforementioned)

Uh.. I think that's everything, actually :P

And on an unrelated note, I once encountered a shiny Seel on Pokémon Gold/Silver. I didn't catch it, because I didn't know why it was sparkly ;-;

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
    Hehe, well I just got staryu from breeding <3. Crap nature and Iv's but hey it was my second shiny in the 4th Gen games. First one was a geodude I randomly caught.

While I was typing this, I was going up and down the cycle path and bamb! Gentle Beldum, 31 att Iv and other stuff... AND IT WAS SHINY! ^_^. Pretty decent imo. I'm gonna keep just cos it's shiny <3

Back