• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
Years
  • Hmm... After breeding SOME MORE, I got a shiny Abra, scyther, charmander, treeko, aerodactyl

See my trade thread in my sig as I will update this list as I hatch more shinies ^^

Vednix

:D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    i came across a shiny zigzagoon in sapphire, but didnt know it was a shiny at the time and killed it T__T

ShinyGiratina

Distortion World's Guardian
    Years
  • I have many shinies, most of which I've obtained through soft-resetting. My first SR shiny was Piplup in Platinum. The coolest feeling in the world when you get your very first shiny. Ah, the memories...

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Here are a list of my shinnies:

- Turtwig (Hatch) Plat
    - Magikarp (Hatch) Plat
    - Starly (PokeRadar) Plat
    - Doduo (PokeRadar) Plat
    - Stantler (PokeRadar) Plat
    - Shinx (PokeRadar) Plat
    - Whishmur (Random encounter in Emerald)

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • The only shiny I've gotten was a shiny zigzagoon from the old Pokemon Center in new york. It came with a Liechi berry but since I was still sort of a stupid little kid who used ubers (and swampert) all the time I had no idea how rare it was. Saddly it got stolen by an InGame wild pokemon and I never restarted. Aw well. At least I got a shiny linoone :3 And in the end thats all that matters right? :3

Now what I REALLY want is a shiny porygon Z (A useable one in competative battles also). Aw well. One can dream right?

Divine~Deoxys

I've only came across two shinies.ever.
    It was on diamond, on route 213 (i think that's the snow one).
    I had no pokeballs. And what came along just outside snowpoint??? A shiny sneasel!!!
    then, while i was rushing to get there, a shiny snover!!!!

so.....bluddyy......irritating.....

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2010
    I've got two shinies, a gyarados i got from the GTS and a krabby i found in my pokemon FR, both have naive natures and bad IVs :(.
    Still good trophy pokemon i geuss

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
  • I'm currently chaining Larvitars. I've been trying so persistently for a long time.. I'm currently at the "Resetting at 40 until you get a shiny glowy patch" stage.

I'm praying for an Adamant one...

Edit: I'm battling it! lololololol this is awesome!

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    I was in the cave with all the unown and I was trying to catch all the letters and a shiny one appeared. I caught it and then after seeing a few more unowns another shiny appears and I was like WTF. Really what are the odds? I wish it could have been a different pokemon since unown are useless.
    Also the second pokemon I ever saw in the game was a shiny starly... before I had pokeballs. Starly is easy to chain so it is less annoying.
    I have chained a few shinies and I also randomly encountered a shiny timid staryu.

Rae C

Monster Trainer
    Years
  • I remember I was breeding to get my Gligar and I was half asleep cus I had been breeding for hours and I almost didn't realize it was a shiny.

piplupboy9

Water master
    Years
  • Ive have=
    4 shiny Bidoof
    2 shiny Zubat
    and 1 shiny Golbat

Olso on Gold ive got a red gyrados and Ho-Ho :)

Last edited:

Magnetic

Underground Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2018
    I've played for I don't know how long, and have never randomly come across a shiny. My only shinies are one's that I've had to trade for.

ultimatediamond

Aura Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    hey guys im new on this forum, but not at all new to pokemon

i have quite a few shinies:
    charizard (GTS)
    gengar (random find)
    rayquaza (trade)
    rapidash (PKMN RDR)
    grumpig (GTS)
    steelix (GTS)
    geodude (random find)
    golem (random find)
    luxray (GTS)
    metagross (GTS)
    mr mime (trade)
    tentacruel (trade)
    gyrados (random find)
    lugia (GTS)
    skunktank (random find)

i was hoping on some tips on using the poke radar cos my chains always break in the 20s

thanks

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    hey guys im new on this forum, but not at all new to pokemon

i have quite a few shinies:
    charizard (GTS)
    gengar (random find)
    rayquaza (trade)
    rapidash (PKMN RDR)
    grumpig (GTS)
    steelix (GTS)
    geodude (random find)
    golem (random find)
    luxray (GTS)
    metagross (GTS)
    mr mime (trade)
    tentacruel (trade)
    gyrados (random find)
    lugia (GTS)
    skunktank (random find)

i was hoping on some tips on using the poke radar cos my chains always break in the 20s

thanks

Do you follow the 4 grass patch rule? If not, it would be best to do so. While only walking in the yellow-ish grass when there is 4 patches of grass it helps your chances of getting a shiny more. Another way to help your chain grow more is if you are chaining for an electric pokémon, have an electric pokémon with the ability Static in the front of your team party. That as well increases your chances of getting a shiny. I hope this helps you in chaining.

Back