• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    ive only seen 2...one was in pearl the other in emerald. It was a shiny floatzel and a shiny seviper in emerald.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Well i got my first shiny about a two weeks ago i was bored and decied to breed my charizard until i had like 100 charmander eggs. As i hatched almost all of them i got about half way through when i relized i had just gotten a shiny charmander. As of now its a shiny charizard. I also have a shiny Starly and Donpahn.

jess1029384756

Trainer in Process
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2009
    I've never caught a shiny before. The only shiny I saw was in the safari zone. It was a wooper and it ran away. :( I also had a dream once about a golden poocheyena and it turns out that gold was its shiny form. :0

balthamos

Eeveephile, nom nom!
    Years
    I just got me a shiny totodoile in a egg, I wasnt even trying. I dont know what to do with it. XD

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    After Soft Resetting for 2 hours, I managed to get me a shiny...
    Spoiler:

Its IVs are quite good as well so I might be able to do something with it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2009
    The Shinies I've Caught:
    Budew
    Roselia
    Roserade (All Evolved from the original Budew)
    Golbat

Shinies I got from trades:
    Luxray
    Trapinch
    Pelipper

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I just captured my 2nd Pearl Version shiny, a Machoke. I'm not good at chaining Pokemon, so I've never gotten a shiny by using the PokeRadar. My first Pearl Version shiny was a Gastly.

I think it's funny how the only 2 shinies I've gotton on Pearl Version involve trading in their evolution lines.

EDIT: And a little over an hour later, I run into a shiny Graveler. I threw 2 balls, but both failed. It used Explosion & fainted.
    D: That is the very first shiny Pokemon that I have encountered and didn't catch. I'm sad now...

Last edited:

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
    Well I decided to complete the Unown dex and whilst I was doing it, a Shiny 'O' Unown popped up! That's my newest shiny yet, although I do want to chain some more Pokémon.

In my chaining party I usually have:

1) Togekiss (Knows moves with 32PP , means I don't have to use ethers or visit the pokécenter that often)
    2) Scizor (named 'Falsy') this is my False Swiper, knows some attacking moves as well. I swap this for Togekiss when the chain reaches 40.
    3) Arceus, my HM slave (I got this in a trade, instead of releasing it I thought I'd better use it)
    4) Usually some sort of Syncer, as I usually plan to use the Shinys I've caught in competitive battling, this is cruicial. 99% of the time this Pokémon is an Abra.
    5) If it's a steel or electric type, then I will use either my Elekid or my Nosepass.

Good look with your hunting!

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2008
    *Sigh* I have such bad luck finding shinies. I was hunting for a shiny whooper for some time in D/P, but no luck. *Ish jealous of friend who has two shinies*

I remember my first shiny I ever caught was a Whooper in Gold. I didn't know what it was and I swam around in the same spot for an hour trying to find another pink one.:D

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    Today I caught myself 12 shiny Larvitars with the pokerardar :)

I think my next swarm is nosepass but i'll go check... All the shinies I caught are in my sig after I upload Larvitars pic lol.

Appletun

Trucy Wright ★★
    Years
    Found a wild Onix, shiny yesterday, send out magmortar. Maggie was 3 levels under this Onix (In Stark Mountain, mind I'm still training her.), thought, Okay, I'll use flamethrower once, it should get it down fairly low. Critical Hit. Onix fainted. Ao fainted. xD

Wilow-Wisp

Ò__Ô
    Years
    I only have two shinies: my first ever, a mightyena that I migrated from emerald. I was on my way to the safari zone and all of a sudden POOF, beautiful wolf lookin thing. XD My first and only (so far) shiny in diamond was an onix that I encountered when I was training for the pokemon league in on vicotory road. Named it Gem. :D
    Ive tried chaining and it just dosnt work well for me. I chained for hours and the longest chain I have on record is 29 Spoinks. My chains always break around 6, and I usually get bored and unmotivated and stop lol. Talk about short attention span...

Detox

Nidoking
    Rayquaza( Xtremely lucky)
    Floatzel
    Linoone
    and Azumarril

Back