• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Years
    hey i got a question for shinies.. mm

what route will be easier to start chaining? with large patches of grass..

and that the pokemon should be better than starly.. etc

To be more specific than.."any route." I suggest Route 222. It's biggest patch of grass makes nearly every patch follow the rules. If you are in the right place, no patches are on the side of the patch. Which is a very common broken rule.

Years
    im not sure if this is the right place to post this but does anyone have any good chaining techniques on how to continue chaining on sparle grass(not shiny or common grass' the grass the shines for a few seconds) because ma chain breaks after 20 and im getting really faustrated because i want to catch a shiny ralts but ma chain keeps breaking =[

can someone help please?

Years
    At the above post, you don't keep going when you get to 40. You just keep resetting the radar until a shiny patch comes up. Then if you want you continue. And the chances of seeing a shiny stop increasing when you get to 40.

Yesterday, I got a chain of 40 Shinx. Broke my Mespirit. >_>

Then, I got a chain of 39 Sentret. Broke by a Sentret. >_>

eric.402

<-- kewl
    Years
    wewt.

on Platinum my 4ourth battle i encountered a shiny bidoff!!!! w00t. this was a huge time. i had 999x masterballs at the moment( i use action replay) and i caught da biddoofffff =da end ganstas.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009
    Wow, I remember on Silver and gold iI never come accross the chance to catch any shiny, apart from red garados, how comes there are so many in D&P

Years
    Wow, I remember on Silver and gold iI never come accross the chance to catch any shiny, apart from red garados, how comes there are so many in D&P
    I love the missuse of search. PokeRadar, when you get to 40, the chances of seeing a shiny patch is 1/200 instead of 1/8192. Also, there were other shinnies in GSC, you just didn't find any. Any Pokemon, in any game can be shiny.

Edit:

Okay, I went onto Route 201 to chain whatever came up first. Starly came up, so I chained it. First chain got up to 40. I was very excited. Right after the 40th battle, a shiny patch appeared. I still haven't caught it. But, I took a picture. Here it is:

https://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr268/t_A_T_u-/SDC10065.jpg

I love Phione. X3

Last edited:

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    I have a few shinies.

I'll list them
    - Azelf
    - Uxie
    - Mesprit
    - Palkia (Traded from Pearl)

Funny story, actually.
    I spent forever soft-resseting for Azelf and Uxie..
    Then I got extremely lucky, and Mesprit was shiny. :)
    You can imagine how happy I was.
    I also used to have a Shiny Poochyena on Sapphire..
    But me being stupid, I left my GBA on the side and my aunt decided to have a go.
    And she deleted my game.
    I was so sad.

I don't have any non-legendary shinies, though. I suppose I should start chaining, since my Diamond is gathering dust.

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Pokeradar Help

Okay, if this is the wrong place or should be in a thread, please move it.

Anyways, what route has the least amount of different species, even with pokeradar exclusives. Anywhere I go, theres too many species that break my chain. So, wheres the best place in your opinion?

Years
    I have a few shinies.

I'll list them
    - Azelf
    - Uxie
    - Mesprit
    - Palkia (Traded from Pearl)

Funny story, actually.
    I spent forever soft-resseting for Azelf and Uxie..
    Then I got extremely lucky, and Mesprit was shiny. :)
    You can imagine how happy I was.
    I also used to have a Shiny Poochyena on Sapphire..
    But me being stupid, I left my GBA on the side and my aunt decided to have a go.
    And she deleted my game.
    I was so sad.

I don't have any non-legendary shinies, though. I suppose I should start chaining, since my Diamond is gathering dust.
    Mmhmm

The Official Shiny Thread

In a battle with a Shiny Shinx on Route 203. At chain of 40, well, 41 counting the shiny. Actually, I just caught it in a Quick Ball. Just broke at 41. It's kind of funny. I broke rules on almost every patch getting up to 40. Just to see how high I could get. I would change the patches, I would go to ones near me, and ones on the edge. I was bored. I got to 40. Then, I reset for a shiny patch. I got one, right after I reset for a good patch. Got a patch that broke no rules and it broke my chain. Lol irony fails.

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    Just got a shiny staryu hatched fom an egg illuminta relaxed. (giving away for free)
    got a shilly aerodactyl with pressure shiny:IVs:30/31/3/1/16/31 :D

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    Wow! Feels like today's a lucky day. My Platinum finally gave me my first Shiny: Registeel!

I was just going after all Legendaries, and once I was done with Dialga and Palkia, I went after the Golems. After having caught Regirock, I went to Iron Island, and went to the Iron cave. Once I stepped on all dots, I went ahead and battled... only to get a shiny Registeel! O_O Wow! And thanks to 81 Poké balls, 53 Great Balls, and 15 Ultra Balls, that last one caught it. Yahoooo!

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2013
    i caught a timid shiny pichu the other day...without even chaining :D my first platinum shiny

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2009
    I have a shiny Haunter and a shiny Bidoof. I randomly found the shiny Ghastly while at the lost tower, and I found Bidoof when i was chaining to find a shiny. It was my first ever shiny with the poke radar.

Zuckerspatz

Gotta Help 'Em All!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Never actually seen a wild shiny myself. (Darn luck D: )
    But a friend gave me an awesome IV shiny Eevee and Magikarp for free. =]

Back