• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Today I chained a shiny ponyta and medite and then if that weren't enough ran into a shiny unknown!

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    I recently got a shiny Graveler!

I didn't even chain to get it, I was training my pokemon in the battle area thing in Platinum, and out popped a gold Graveler. It was like lvl 50 at the time and it had bad attacks so I just decided to make it an exploder lol. I just taught it Explosion and raised its defense EV's high, and its pretty decent.

rishi 20

xxX-Rishi_G-Xxx
    Years
  • Question About Shiny Pokemon!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Hi,

I recently traded a shiny budew for a shiny bidoof.

The problem is when i go onto the summary of the bidoof, the pokemon number is in red. Everything else looks legit. Anyone now why it's red??

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • That means that Bidoof is shiny.. It should have a red star near its picture too. Bidoof is fine.

Yes, it's okay.

Cerese912

I heart pokemon :)
    Years
  • Any tips for hunting shinies.

I'm going shiny hunting. I tried last night and got a chain of 11 starlys. I'm trying again today. :D

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
  • I'm going shiny hunting. I tried last night and got a chain of 11 starlys. I'm trying again today. :D

Refer to this picture...

Spoiler:

This is how I chain my shinies. It's time-consuming, but it all but guarantees a good patch every time. Find a big patch of grass, go to the second/third-to-last row (BLUE box), and charge the Pokeradar there. Once you set it off, ONLY take the patch if it is in the second-to-last row on the opposite side (RED box). Make sure that you have to take four steps to get to it, otherwise it's no good. It works left-to-right too.

I hope that's not too confusing. xP Also, some people say not to chain with fast-shaking patches, but sometimes I find those easier to see.

Cerese912

Years
  • Refer to this picture...

Spoiler:

This is how I chain my shinies. It's time-consuming, but it all but guarantees a good patch every time. Find a big patch of grass, go to the second/third-to-last row (BLUE box), and charge the Pokeradar there. Once you set it off, ONLY take the patch if it is in the second-to-last row on the opposite side (RED box). Make sure that you have to take four steps to get to it, otherwise it's no good. It works left-to-right too.

I hope that's not too confusing. xP Also, some people say not to chain with fast-shaking patches, but sometimes I find those easier to see.

Thanks. I chained 15 phanpy today (swarm pokemon) but a geodude broke it :( I guess I'll try again :)

Cerese912

Years
  • Here's the latest: I chained 30 Floatzels and then a skuntank broke my awesome chain....for no reason ;_;
    Always the optimist....I'll try again tomorrow...

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
  • im sad to say ive never seen a REAL shiny on my pearl even after i spent two weeks looking for one. Although i got a shiny magnemite in ruby after trying to get a blue voltorb that i heard about off a sight. Took me i think 4 hours straight. I transfered it into my pearl and evolved it into a magnezone. Its fully legit and I'm willing to trade it for a different legit shiny.
    I also saw a shiny weedle in silver but didn't catch it cause i didn't have any pokeballs. Ive always made sure I'm stock up since then.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Just chained 2 shiny electrikes!
    Can evolve one and keep the other UT :D

Jdub010

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • I have found a couple of shinies in my days they include

Floatzel
    Growlithe
    Zubat
    Bidoof
    Piplup (i have no clue whatsoever how)
    and i have traded for the following
    Rayquaza
    Giratina
    Charmander

And back a while ago i found a im guessing a 1 in 1,000,000,000,000 chance i foound a shiny celebei in pokemon crystal using the ilex forest event

Last edited:

riolu's

riolu? where!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2009
    ive caught a shiny zubat before beating the first gym, and a shiny sneasel.

without pokeradar!

Back