• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2009
    I have had 3 shiney Pokemon all Shinx on Pearl I got 1 but lost it. But yesterday ! on platinum I got 2 on the same chain :) was sooooooo happy. 1 is maybe up for trade. P.S i am new on this I dont no if you can pm but if you can yoou are welcome to.

Giratar

Oops.
    Years
    I was Pokéradar-ing around for something, and I encountered a shiny. And I didn't even get the sparkling grass. It was just like, pow! Shiny Ryhorn! And I totally freaked and threw an Ultra Ball at it and caught it. Since then, I've found a shiny Scyther and a shiny Uxie. :3

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    I found a shiny Shinx at the begining at the game! Now it's a level 100 shiny Luxray! That was so cool!

Years
    I told myself I would never give up.
    After 61,987 Soft Resets (about 2 months of wanting it so badly), my shiny gigas shone today in Platnium. That's gotta be a world record. I have 2 70 page notebooks on both sides of paper of slash marks, and it comes just 3 days after my shiny Lugia from SoulSilver.

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
    I saw a shiny Misdreavus (it was yellowish green) but my little brother saw it and he tapped the run button on the touch screen. I am still extremly angry cause Misdreavus is one of my favourite pokemon.

Dark.vs.Light

Budding Guitarist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    I've found 4 shinies so far. (3 from Pearl,1 from Emerald.)
    They were a shiny Starly(found at chain 13/14), a shiny Geodude(found at chain 53)
    and a shiny Absol(found at chain 7).The shiny in Emerald was found when I was training up in the
    cave north of Dewford Town, when suddenly a shiny Makuhita popped up out of nowhere.
    Still haven't found a shiny legendary yet though. -_-

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    Well, I was recently hatching some Elekid eggs and I got a shiny on my 3rd egg.
    I think I'll trade it for an even Pokemon.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    I'm chaining Zigzagoon currently (14th shiny one so far, yay!)

AND I JUST SAW TWO SHINY PATCHES AT ONCE.
    holy BALLS
    epic.

Up to 236 shinies between the 14 species I've chained. :D

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    I'm chaining Zigzagoon currently (14th shiny one so far, yay!)

AND I JUST SAW TWO SHINY PATCHES AT ONCE.
    holy BALLS
    epic.

Up to 236 shinies between the 14 species I've chained. :D

Damn dude, 14 shiny Zigzagoons?
    What do you want for one? I've been wanting one forever!

squorgblatt

Zzz... *
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2009
    So far, I've chained Shinx, Roselia, Tauros, and Igglybuff with shiny success. (Not crazy, success, one each of Shinx and Iggly, two each of Roselia and Tauros)
    I've also gotten a shiny Registeel and shiny Articuno off of the GTS, although I'm pretty sure the latter was gotten through some kind of hack.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    I honestly don't know (there should be MANY, though I am kind of lazy right now to look into the subject... sorry. :P).

Anyways, I have got only two shinies so far... a shiny Floatzel, and a Kingdra. I obtained the shiny Floatzel upon searching for a REGULAR Buizel in Valley Windworks, because I REALLY needed a water-type Pokemon back then (my team consisted of basically a Machop, a Grotle, a Shinx, and that's pretty much it.)... and then, the very first Buizel I found in the entire game managed to be a different colored one! I obviously got extremely stunned, so I went ahead and caught it.

As for my shiny Kingdra, it was basically my friend's (he said that he spent around three or four hours fishing somewhere in Pokemon FireRed in order to eventually come up to a shiny Horsea)... he made up his mind and eventually gave it to me. The good thing is, aside from the fact that the Horsea was shiny, it also came with a Dragon Scale attached to it, so it wasn't too hard for me to evolve it into Kingdra. :3

Back