• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Isn't it SPACIAL pokemon not Spatial?? (PALKIA)

Nope, 'spatial' is the original spelling, derived from Latin 'spatium'. 'Spacial' is a variation of that, formed by combining it with the English word 'space'; they both mean the same thing.
    They really should have kept it consistent, though... Palkia's dex entry has it with a T, while the move Spacial Rend spells it with a C.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    I've caught by myself:
    Ditto
    Ponita
    Fearow
    Budew
    Mudkip
    Seedot
    Gulpin
    Riolu
    Snorunt
    Hoppip

kilaa1000

Pokemon Collector
    Years
  • Shiny Azumarill from emerald
    Shiny Gardevoir from Ruby
    Shiny Golem from Diamond
    And from trades:
    Raikou
    Chansey
    Arceus
    Jirachi
    Porygon-Z
    Azelf
    Leafeon

The ones I got myself were pure luck, I just got em while walking trough the area, The Pokeradar makes me bored, besides the Golem ( graveller when I caught em ) was in a cave anyway:P
    I also saw a shiny Rhyhorn in Leafgreen, but it was in the safari zone and it ran away:(
    With Leafeon, Azelf and Porgygon-Z I was kinda lucky too, I got em from the GTS when I was just requesting that pokemon type. Was very surprised when a shiny popped out of that pokéball

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2009
    The first ever shiny i got was a bulbasaur in leaf green
    i loved it it was so cool with its yellow bulb when it was a bulbasaur but then it evolved and i didnt like venasuaur as much :(
    now i started new game and found NO shinies
    dammit

ultimatediamond

Aura Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    ive been offline all week, but its given me plenty of time to pkrdr

in this time iv gotten:

miltank
    tauros
    seedot
    houndour
    electrike
    and a random encounter starly ^^

if anyone has a shiny scyther ill trade something good for it

Last edited:

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    I was just training some recently hatched Pokemon above the fight area with my Level 100 Rayquaza and suddenly out popped a level 50 Shiny Fearow, because I had nothing near it in level I had to use a Master Ball to catch it though :(

Last edited:

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
  • I've recently been soft resetting to try to catch a shiny Heatran. I might just give up though. I've also recently caught a wild shiny Skitty, from a swarm.

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
    Years
  • I haven't really had much luck with Shinies; I think I've only ever caught two both on Fire Red.
    1) The first one was a Shiny Machop, my first encounter ever in Mount Ember as I was on my way to collecting the Ruby. I eventually evolved it into a Machamp and deleted the save.
    2) I caught I Shiny Sentret just outside the Rocket Warehouse on Four Island. I evolved it and traded it to Ruby, and now I can't find it.

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
  • Today I chained a shiny Shinx (so cool looking) after 43. I kept resetting though, so it wasn't right on the 43 mark. I actually left the DS on overnight in the charger and caught it in the morning.
    I also chained a shiny Snubbull from a swarm after 42 chains. I also continuously reset on this one.

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
    Years
  • I only have a blue psyduck...

Me too! Male, Impish and nicknamed Bubblegum. Caught him in Lake Acuity on Diamond, which is also the file where a shiny Graveler exploded on me in Stark Mountain. =(

I was running through Route 228 (sandstorm route) on Platinum today, hunting for a Cacnea, when I run into a male Rhydon. Hey, he looks awfully pale. Could it be...? Yes! A shiny Rhydon! I caught it courtesy of my Delibird, Lickitung, Ambipom, Linoone and Pachirisu (she did most of the work. Thank you, Charm and Super Fang!). Yeah, I like Pickup.

Anyway, the Rhydon's Careful natured, and I nicknamed him Alabaster. Yes, I know alabaster is essentially white and that shiny Rhydon are pale gold. Ssh! I like the name! =P

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
  • I chained a shiny Corsola today, looks pretty different from the normal one. I also got a Japanese Growlithe. I hope I can breed it for a shiny Growlithe.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • When I think of the first shiny I ever encountered, it makes me mad. I was soft resetting ruby to get a shiny starter, and was at the part right before you get your pokemon and fight poochyena, well after about 2 hours I didn't get a shiny starter, however I did run into a freakin gold poochyena. But of course since I was only at that point in the game, I didn't even have any pokeballs
    :C

Then just the other day when I was looking through my boxes, I noticed something odd about the bulbasaur I had gotten from the gts. I noticed it before but I didn't think much of it. Then I saw that red star next to it's picture and realized the difference in color from a regular bulbasaur. So I got excited, but checked it's summary just to make sure it was legit. It said: "Found on route 110 (Or something like that.)" Darn action replay hax! So I released it....... :C

Back