• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
Years
  • I remember my first shiny. I was playing Silver and randomly encountered a pidgey but I was using one of the old black and white gameboys so didn't know it was shiny. Still I had wanted a pidgey and it was the first I had seen to I caught it and when I traded it to a friend we noticed it was a different color. I was shocked lol

Currently I have like 7 shinies but all are from trades

Years
  • T_T i havent found any, i dont get it, i play for about 400 hours in ruby.... another 300 in pearl, in gold.... i dont remmber, lol, but i havent seen a wild shiny! why is that!?!? ... well know that i think about it shiny gyarados in gold, XD

I want one!
    =P

lucky...

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I just found one! Hippttas or whatever.

Question if you breed a shiny Ditto with a Shiny pokemon will the result be shiny?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    In my pearl game I caught a shiny staravia and a shiny zubat.
    I also found a shiny wooper in a safari game but it got away :(

Ah, the Safari is always a horrible place to find shinies. :[

As for me, the recent shiny pokémon I received was actually through a friend. I obtained them for free which was quite nice, and the pokémon are Scizor, Gyarados and Metagross.
    I've taken a break from the whole chaining so I might not be collecting any as of now with HGSS coming in four days here. 8)

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
    Years
  • I WAS going to take a break from chaining, yesterday, because I was so adamant to catch either a shiny Kirlia or Ralts, that it tired me out. However, I was so determined that I didn't.....and I am glad that I didn't.

I started by chaining Kirlia on Tuesday. I ran into shiny female Kirlia on my 17th chain and caught it(with quickball nature: naive). Then I went on have my chain break at 53 with no more appearances of a shiny.

Wednesday (yesterday duh), I started another Kirlia chain. Got to 40. 46 was a shiny female again, so I caught her too (quickball again nature: naive again. go figure haha). On the 47 I got to another shiny kirlia, but it was male this time, which I wanted for the purposes of having a shiny Gallade. I kept chucking balls, until it ran through all of his moves, eventually using teleport. That irked me so.

As a final effort to get a male, I chained ralts and bumped into a male shiny, right at 41. So I didn't hesitate to use my Master Ball (thats right. I hate legendaries, so it was cool). The nature turned out to be Brave and it was Highly Curious, which was perfect for what I wanted to use it for. I went on to catch another shiny, but female, ralts at 56.

Needless to say I reached my goal of getting a shiny ralts before HG and SS's release. I am so psyched!!!!.....there is really no pun intended there. lol

For those who feel discouraged from shiny hunting, you really shouldn't be. If you want it bad enough (and become very prudent about which patches you choose at times), you can do it.
    :)

So excited........So ambitious....

Years
  • I'm so irked at losing my shiny Hippowdon! AUGH.
    But someone just traded me a shiny Mareep who I'm using for SS. =] He's preeeeeeetty.
    I'm bout to try my hand at chaining.

Becki

Pc will never be the same.....
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 24, 2018
    My first shiny was a pidgy in silver, then i cought a shiny trampich in emrald and i totally forgot what it meant when they were diffent colors, needless to say i started my game over before transfering my flygon to my platinum...stupid mistake.

And i can nto chain for thelife of me, i get to about 30 and it dies.

toxin

TOXIN
    Years
  • My first shiny was great. I thought it was a glitch in the game.

It was the Red Gyarados in crystal. My second one was an Elekid from the shiny egg in crystal.

My third one was the best. I ran up to Rayquaza in emerald. Saved in front of it. Turned off my gamboy 1853 (<-- actual number) times.

And I saw a SHINY Rayquaza. I caught it with a masterball.

But I got bored later and started a new game because I didn't know you could transfer your pokemon to Diamond and Pearl.

haha

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Why do my chains keep failing? I am following a specific guide, (PokeRadar, Repels, etc.) But they all end around 6-7?

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
    Years
  • ^^^For me, I used to find that, even if I were being picky about my patch, if I strayed too far away from the ones that already shook, then the chain would break by itself. So, I usually find a line of patches that is beside a line of patches that shook, and run up and down that line to reset the radar. I've been getting chains up in the 90's because I have started doing this.

If it's patch-related, you may just have to work on your patience and finicky-ness about which particular patch to choose.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    On my restart of Platinum, I just caught a Kricketot, named KrickeTaro, then, by accident, somehow chained about 40 of them (training my Chimchar), then found a shiny one!!!!

I was so happy, I couldn't believe it!Then I realised that Chimchar only needed 1 experience point to evolve, and I only had one pokeball,so I used 5 other Kricketot to take it down to low hp and I caught it!And it was holding Metronome too!

reyzn

Years
  • ^^^For me, I used to find that, even if I were being picky about my patch, if I strayed too far away from the ones that already shook, then the chain would break by itself. So, I usually find a line of patches that is beside a line of patches that shook, and run up and down that line to reset the radar. I've been getting chains up in the 90's because I have started doing this.

If it's patch-related, you may just have to work on your patience and finicky-ness about which particular patch to choose.

So what you're saying is when resetting your radar you do it in the area near the shaking patches you rejected previously? I'm just wondering because I'd get up to 20 and the chain breaks for no reason, which is terribly aggravating xD.

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
    Years
  • So what you're saying is when resetting your radar you do it in the area near the shaking patches you rejected previously? I'm just wondering because I'd get up to 20 and the chain breaks for no reason, which is terribly aggravating xD.

Yes, that's exactly what I am saying.

I used to have the same issue with the mysterious chain breaks. Ahhhh! Just thinking about it irks me.

Back