• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

salot

Gomu Gomu no Jet Pistol(K.O)
Years
  • 9000 soft resets and still no shiny lugia :/
    my shiny regigigas was with 1500 soft resets :/

Years
  • I'm new to Shiny Hunting, and unfortunately I've never been lucky enough to randomly find a Shiny in the wild. So all I've got is a Scyther I got last night with the Masuda Method after 138 hatches. It's a Careful nature. It's not exactly what I was looking for, but it's pretty good. Still need to check the IVs.

KODAH

Supporter
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2019
    I don't know how to use any method of getting shinies. I just trade to get them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    First two shinies ever were this week :D

Shiny Absol
    Brave Nature
    Likes to eat.

It'll make a good sucker puncher at least

I got this one from a freind on here:

Shinx
    Jolly nature
    Lvl 1. :D

Dylan1

ALOT IS NOT A WORD!!!!
    Years
  • I found a shiny ghastly in the wild and caught it. I've seen a shiny wheezing but it 'sploded. And i got a red gyarados earlier on gts

Years
  • i have a shiny rhyhorn and i didnt cheat to get it and i didnt use a poke radar, i dint do anything i was just walking throught the grass and i found a pink rhyhorn, it was on platinum.

i caught a shiny rhyhorn on platinum it was my first and last so far it i pink i love it

Last edited:

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
  • Caught Heatran, didn't think I could make it but I managed to succeed. I tried my luck with Regigigas... and failed horribly when it killed itself. Maybe bringing a Spiritomb in to be immune to all of its attacks was a bad idea since it has Pressure. x.x;

Aw well, I might have to raise myself a False Swiper and Paralyzer like in my HGSS.

PokeWe

Yo.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    In Silver I encountered Shiny Pinsir.

LG I caught shiny Swinub.

D/P/Pt I've gotten: Starly, Bidoof, Roselia, Magnemite and maybe that's it. I was dang close to Snover and Meditite though.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I've never found any shinies that were legit, but I have a question. If you see a pokemon not shiny, will that species ever be shiny Without resseting? And is it true that if you breed japanese pokemon, the egg has a higher chance of being shiny?
    Now for a shiny story: my friend was playing HG on an emulator, no cheats were on that affected shinies, and the first wild poke he saw was a shiny sentret. unfortunately, this was before he got any pokeballs... sucks for him

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • If you see a pokemon not shiny, will that species ever be shiny Without resseting? And is it true that if you breed japanese pokemon, the egg has a higher chance of being shiny?
    I'm not really sure what you mean in your first question, but the second is true, and it only requires one foreign parent, not specifically Japanese.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I just bred my first shiny ever!

Eevee. He's beautiful <3

Omg I bred another shiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to evolve him into Flygon!!!

Last edited:

Unionhack

Yes Indeed
    Years
  • To start things off, how many Shinys do you guys have? I am up to 39 Shinys (excluding duplicates of one Shiny, of course).

I've got 26 so far. I'm so glad I've learned how to chain. Two of them are at level 100 and are on my main team.

Unionhack

Yes Indeed
    Years
  • I just bred my first shiny ever!

Eevee. He's beautiful <3

Omg I bred another shiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to evolve him into Flygon!!!

Congratulations! I actually have 3 shiny Eevees due to chaining them, but I've never bred a shiny before.

How did you breed shiny pokemon?

When an egg is laid in the day care center, it has the same 1/8192 chance of being shiny as regular wild pokemon do. When the egg is laid, its shiny status is decided right off the bat, and not when it hatches. You basically have to be lucky. Don't try saving right before it hatches either, because the shiny status is determined at the laying of the egg.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Yes, of course you can find a shiny of any wild pokemon even if you have seen it as non-shiny first. Finding a shiny in the wild in very low so of course you are going to run into a lot of non-shinies before you find a shiny.

Back