• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The official Vulpix Ninetales fanclub

Ayselipera

True. But I think the main difference is that Vulpix is a fox and Growlithe a dog, and that those difference make them pretty much different.

Well yes that too. I just didn't mention that because it was the most obvious one. :)

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • Alright. I guess that answers the question so we could go onto a new topic.
    Hm, how about this question.

Why do *YOU* think Ninetales has well nine-tales? And vulpix had six tails?. I thought it be neat if Vulpix were to be called sixtales but, it didn't seem to make much sense.
    What do you guys think?.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • It appears that there are quite a few legend & myths of Nine-tailed foxes in Japanense lore... because there are these fox bosses on Mega Man X command mission:
    Onetail
    Twotail
    Threetail
    Fourtail
    FiveTail
    Sixtail
    SevenTail
    Eighttail
    Ninetail
    as well the foxiest pokemon around, Ninetales.
    & I think we should leave the offical pokemon names to Nintendo.

Black_Lightning

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Vulpix is so cute, I started to raise my Vulpix in my Pokemon Emerald for Beauty contests. When I get Pearl and my Action Replay here soon, I'm going to automatically get me a Vulpix.

Thunderwolf1989

Ninetales fan! Ground trainer
    Years
  • Whoa...

I'll have to join this one for sure.

I'd say they're very much alike. They are both part of the Canine family, are fire types, and evolve with a fire stone. Plus in the First and Second generations you could only get one of them in each game (Gold = Growlithe, Silver = Vulpix, etc.) Oh, and also they both have legends associated with them.

The only difference I can think of is that the vulpix line is more feminine while the growlithe line is more masculine.
    I think they were originally meant to be rival's as well. As already stated, vulpix/ninetales are special based, and are mostly female (75%), whereas growlithe/arcanine are the physical and mostly male counterpart.

Why do *YOU* think Ninetales has well nine-tales? And vulpix had six tails?. I thought it be neat if Vulpix were to be called sixtales but, it didn't seem to make much sense.
    Ninetales is the normal, fully grown kitsune, because of that, it has 9 tails. Why vulpix has six, or how come a fire stone would be able to accelerate the six-tailed's age with 300 years (or 'rank' it up for 3 ranks, I don't know.

Anyone want to hear stuff about Kyuzen, my Ninetales evo?
    Myth based, it probably wouldn't be able to exist, but well... We're all Vulpix/Ninetales fans here, so why not?

Last edited:

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Why do *YOU* think Ninetales has well nine-tales? And vulpix had six tails?.
    Well, as Thunder said, Ninetales is based on a (full-grown?) kitsune, which has nine tails. Vulpix, being the pre-evo, is obviously a younger kitsune and thus has less tails. Dunno why 6, though.....

Whoa...

I'll have to join this one for sure.

Took you long enough.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • I've been away for a while...
    I hope Ninetales won't curse me for this...
    Brrrr.....
    Anyways, here's Kyuzen:

Kyuzen
    Enchantress Pokemon
    Ht: 4'05"
    Wt: 58.7 Ibs.
    Evolution line:
    Vulpix > Ninetales(with Fire Stone)> Kyuzen(female Ninetales by unknown means)
    Pokedex data:
    When any male creature look deep into this pokemon eyes, they are controlled by it. The only way to break free of this pokemon while under it's spell is to find true love. & This pokemon has unmatched control over fire, which it uses in a dazziling display to trick males to look deep withen it's eyes.
    Battle data:
    Base stats (you'll need to understand the competitive field to understand this.)
    HP: 78
    Attack: 86
    Defense: 80
    Sp.atk: 91
    Sp.def: 105
    Speed: 110
    Ability: Temptress
    Males are attracted when they switch into this pokemon, & females become reckless out of jealousy. (inceased damage, but has 1/5 recoil.)
    This may be up dated soon

Back