• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Old Chateau

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowparrot

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    Well here is my little idea. Chateau is a French word and who else is remotely close to speaking French in the Pokemon world? None other then the gym leader Fantina of Hearthome City herself. Isn't also just a coincidence she uses umm well ghost Pokemon?

Oh, and isn't it weird that Fantina was suddenly gone from the Hearthome City gym when you went to go battle her, and she wasn't available for another two gym battles?

Ember

Different Sequences
    Years
    gardenia is the another girl!!! in one room there are to beds that means that 2 people are sleeping And its that girl and gardenia

and talk to all people in eterna city 1 of them will say that gardenia always go t eternal forest

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Maybay backlot killed the girl and the butler saw it and he killed him then he went in hiding and went to the mansion

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I suggest PC should hold an short essay competition - The Secrets of the Old Chateau!! What do you say everyone?
    I think Agatha, the Elite Four of Kanto was the young girl!! Her butler poisoned her family, but she survived! Then when she grew up, she eventually became a Poison-Ghost type trainer. The reason she uses those 2 types:
    -She has immunity to poison(of course the butler didn't know it!! So she didn't die!) leading her into Poison Types.
    -Her family died, and turned into ghost, she uses her Ghost type Pokemon to communicate with them, also explains she is expert at Ghost type!
    So now we do see the mirage of the past event:
    -Agatha escaping.(explains the little girl exiting the room)
    -Butler finding Agatha/readying the poison!!(explains the butler floating to the right)
    then why is she in Kanto you may ask, the conclusion is:
    -she escape there[not really possible, isn't it?]
    -she is adopted and moved to Kanto.[more possible]
    One thing explains she is from Sinnoh!
    -She uses Sinnoh Pokemon! Crobat, Gengar(x2) and Haunter even the Misdreavus.[not really supportive explain, isn't it?]

Last edited:

Divine_Light

You're on!!
    Years
    I suggest PC should hold an short essay competition - The Secrets of the Old Chateau!! What do you say everyone?
    I think Agatha, the Elite Four of Kanto is the young girl!! Her butler poisoned her family, but she survived! Then when she grow up, she eventually became a Poison-Ghost type trainer. The reason she uses those 2 types:
    -She have immunity to poison(of course the butler didn't know it!!)
    -Her family died, and turned into ghost, she use her Ghost type Pokemon to communicate with them, also explains she is expert at Ghost type!
    So now we do see the mirage of the past event:
    -Agatha escaping (explains the little girl exiting the room)
    -Butler finding Agatha/readying the poison!!(explains the butler floating to the left)
    then why is she in Kanto you may ask, the conclusion is:
    -she escape there[not really possible, isn't it?]
    -she is adopted and moved to Kanto[more possible]
    One thing explains she is from Sinnoh!
    -She uses Sinnoh Pokemon! Crobat, Gengar(x2) and Haunter even the Misdreavus[not really supportive explain, isn't it?]
    Bertha of the Sinnoh Elite Four has possible relation to Agatha. Does she tie in to this?
    My opinion: Possibly not.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I think Agatha has something to do with the plot but not that she herself is one

Thunder Beam

My Current Team on Diamond
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    I see the little girl before but I never thought she was a ghost until I read this thread. I haven't seen the butler yet.

PeeKaChu

Pika!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2008
    i think you guys are extremely over-analyzing this whole thing

lol

although fantina or w/e her name is might be a lead (its the most plausible theory i've heard so far)

the grass gym leader goes into the forest to train (duh!) not to visit her dead family

its a lot more likely that it was just something to spook you and give you the feeling that the chateau was haunted.. i mean, how scary would the place be if you walked in and the ghost came up to you explaining how she died and served you cookies and milk while you listened?

however, i do think that, in the event of all these questions being raised about it, the developers/writers will try to throw an answer to the mystery in the 3rd release of the sinnoh trio (c'mon, you know its coming). so keep up your wild theories.. haha

i've been playing RPGs for a long time, and most of the time, stuff like this is just for setting the mood.. best to just ignore it if you can't find answers, cuz htat's probably what the developers did shortly after completing the design on the chateau lol

Sekushi Sushi*

Roses are red, I love you!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    maybe the new form of giratina will be found in the newer games in this mansion

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    i think you guys are extremely over-analyzing this whole thing

lol

although fantina or w/e her name is might be a lead (its the most plausible theory i've heard so far)

the grass gym leader goes into the forest to train (duh!) not to visit her dead family

its a lot more likely that it was just something to spook you and give you the feeling that the chateau was haunted.. i mean, how scary would the place be if you walked in and the ghost came up to you explaining how she died and served you cookies and milk while you listened?

however, i do think that, in the event of all these questions being raised about it, the developers/writers will try to throw an answer to the mystery in the 3rd release of the sinnoh trio (c'mon, you know its coming). so keep up your wild theories.. haha

i've been playing RPGs for a long time, and most of the time, stuff like this is just for setting the mood.. best to just ignore it if you can't find answers, cuz htat's probably what the developers did shortly after completing the design on the chateau lol
    dunno if the 3rd installment is comin cause the d/p is almost perfect,,, they only lack the gym rematch arceus and super contest battle[like the one in anime, but im sure they'll not add this feature]... (of course i also hope they'll release the 3rd installment!! )

let see the timeline of releasing the emerald as our reference of releasing the 3rd installment for D/P...
    R/S(2002)>FR/LG(2004)>E(2004)
    so that conclude before the releasing of D/P maybe they'll release another rpg game before the third installment
    D/P(2006)>[maybe remake of G/S](2008)>[third installment](2008-2009)
    okay that's enough talk, I don't want to change the subject...

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    This thread is to discuss about the Old Chateau ghosts.

First, all the known information:

Real people ghosts:

Little girl - To see her, go upstairs to the middle room and then go to the second room from the right (the one with the eyes on the wall). When you enter, a little girl should appear on the room on the right, turn around and float (because her legs don't move) to the door, disappearing. If you don't see her, exit and enter the room again until you do.

Butler - Go forward to the dining room and you will see an old man at the other side of the table, who will then float to the left and then disappear. If you don't see him, exit and enter the room again until you do.

Pokémon ghosts:

Gastly are seen everywhere in the mansion. Haunter and Gengar appear less often if you have a GBA game inserted in your DS. And, finally, Rotom appears after obtaining the National Dex if you watch the TV closely during night time.

Mysterious "ghosts"
    The picture in the room where you see the girl has red glowind eyes on it, staring at you unless you approach. When you leave the room and go to the other ones, the eyes will follow your direction. Apart from the eyes, there's the statue at the entrance of the dining room that "appears to be staring at you".

Theories

I heard in this forum a theory about these ghosts. Supposedly, the chef poisoned the food and killed the little girl and the old man, saving himself with an Antidote found in the kitchen.

I have some things to add to this theory. I think the little girl was NOT killed. The TM Substitue found at the room where the girl is can tell another girl was killed instead. Also it's strange that, the Old Gateau, which cures status ailments, wasn't used. But, in my opinion, this was what the real girl used to save herself. Maybe the girl is someone else in the game, she could even have grew up because no one says when this happened. Because there are no clues, it could anyone, even Cynthia or Dawn (assuming the male character is the main one).

If you have other theories or discoverings, post them.

Wow, incredible theory... and I completely agree, though If i had to make my own..

Id believe the butler and chef worked for the girl, and her parents may have died earliear and she inherited everything... Then one day the chef went insane murduring them both, sounds acceptable to me...

And i've only known about the girl , but eyes that follow, and more! I thought the music was enough xD

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    A glitch happened in the Chateau in my game. Wanna know what the glitch was? Here it is:

I was in the room with the ****ed up eyes looking for a Gengar, but INSTEAD, I found a Misdrevous. Why in the name of God did I find one of those? I thought you could only find the Gastley evolutions. Can someone please tell me why I ran into one?

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    awsome theory, but here is mine:

one night, while the chef was preparing dinner for the little girl and her butler, as the rest of the family, the food became ablaze. the mansion burn't down, trapping the girl and butler inside. the rest of the family fled, leaving the mansion forever. a tv was in a room, but it wouldn't operate. a ghastly went into the tv's battery, creating rotom, who is said to power the t.v. late at night.
    substitute is there, so yo will not perish by the ghosts that haunt the mansion. the old geatau is there, i think, as one of the butlers dropped it as he herd the blazing food. this is why the old chateau is dark, worn down, and darkened. it is claimed that the girl and butler can be seen in the mansion, roaming the halls, their spirits forever trapped by that fatefull night, when the mansion was caught ablaze, all those years ago............

pretty good theory eh?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back