• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The old days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xSeduction

Water Pokemon Fanatic
Years
  • I remember last night, when I looked around on Amazon for a good cheap Pokemon Yellow Version, since I've never actually owned a first gen game, just borrowed my best friend's Pokemon Yellow. I looked at the comments of the game, and way back in like.. 1999 I think, somebody wrote "The graphics are great!" I don't know about you, but that just made me die laughing. Funny how much things have changed since then.

DarkAbsolX

Pokemon World Champion 50Times
    Years
  • When i was...7 i guess my cousin gave ne an game boy color, and two games Pokemon red and pokeon blue, i though they were the same but after compleing the two ( with 7 years old i toke 1 year to complete them -_-') i discovered diferent pokemons in the different games..well and playing against my cousin but he was 12 years old..not fair he was older and smarter in 20 battles i won only 2 :(...his pokemon were all at level 100 i though he was a cheater but no cheating only MISSIGNO xD Good old times xD

Jad

Pokemon And Megaman Fan
    Years
  • ooo
    I still remember playing in Black And White
    choosing pokemon catching my first pikachu

Gimmepienow

Man-Eating Diglett!
    Years
  • I was very misinformed as a kid, desite being a Pokemon fan since birth (thanks to my brother always drawing characters from the anime and and trying to teach me who they were) I never knew the games even existed until FireRed and LeafGreen and my brother downloaded them on an emulator. When I learned there were more, I felt very stupid... But then again, my parents kept me away from video games as long as they could going all Jack Thompson on them too so there's my explanation I guess

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
  • A neighborhood boy that told me to name the Missingno I got Togepi. It had a weird effect: All the enemy pokemon were facing the other way.

ChinchillaCheddar

Dreams of electric sheep
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2009
    Borrowing my cousin's Pokemon Yellow whenever he was over my grandma's house and playing it...me not knowing how the heck to even play it properly probably messed up his whole game. Whoops. ^^; Then a little while later I got a Gameboy and Pokemon Red for my birthday (I wanted Blue, but it didn't matter). But OF COURSE I had to share it with my little brother, and OF COURSE he never turned the game off after our time limit was up (we each had a half-hour or so on it every day. My mom was never too fond of video games >.>), so I came home one day to find out that my Gameboy and Pokemon Red had been taken away because HE didn't follow the rules. :(
    Then a few years later Gold and Silver came out, we got both from our grandma one Christmas. She also got us some new Gameboys, which was awesome. :D Nowadays I still play the Crystal version grandma got us (can't find Silver or Gold, which makes me sad...I will be buying HeartGold and SoulSilver), and as an added bonus about a year and a half ago my little sister found my old Red version in a drawer where my mom had hidden it away long ago. :D Thankfully my mom's more lax about me playing games now that I'm older.

And that is my lengthy story. XD

MarstheCar

I lurk often.
    Years
  • I remember getting Red on Christmas and playing it nonstop that day. Then, as I got older, my own parents playing the game with me.

ArmchairRomeo

Aura Master
    Years
  • Attempting to clone my Bayleef in Pokemon Silver and failing horribly. It was my strongest Pokemon at the time too.

Before that, well... not sure whose house we were visiting, but my brother and I both let our copies of Pokemon Yellow be played by, uh, whoever it was. When we got them back, both had their saves overwritten with characters named "David". Of course, my save was farther ahead from where I had been before, but... yeah.

MAizHxC

HG FC: 3395 8610 0902
    Years
  • What were your memories from RBGY and GSC?

1: Me and my cousin playing yellow version together the week it first came out.
    2: playing pokemon in long car rides and trading them with other kids at the lake or what not.
    3: Me and my friend trying to clone pokemon in crystal
    4:and now recently my othr cousin and i are starting the game together and updating eachother on our journies via text message...ima try to get him to rejoin pokecommunity. :P

Johto's Best

Luck > Skill
    Years
  • R/B/Y: Trying to evolve my Haunter into a Gengar. That resulted in a lvl 90-ish Haunter BEFORE the Elite four.

Thinking that "Release" was to put pokemon from my PC to my Party...buh-bye Blastoise.

Master balling a Tangela because I didn't know what a Master ball was.

I did all these ages 6-8.

ShadowKaiserin

Midnight Trainer
    Years
  • Pokemon Gold= First video game I ever owned. Too many memories to list them all, but I remember making my way to the Elite 4 with my Feraligatr and Ho-oh. Can't remember the rest of the party, ahaha.

Wait, you mean to tell me that I'm the only one that *still* uses that strategy?!

No I do that too by Choice. My Typhlosion is my battling pokemon, The rest of the team, even if I level them up is just for show. ^_^

Discovering Zapdos in the power plant at ten on my yellow version. I knew what it was, and it blew my mind that such a powerful pokemon was just sitting there. In Crystal, killing a shiny sentret because i didn't know about shiny pokemon, although I did wonder why it sparkled. Choosing Cyndaquil as my starter and falling in love with it as a pokemon. Hearing Lance's Battle theme. Battling RED...God I love Johto...

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • This thread is a month old, I'm afraid. Please don't revive these old threads, thanks.

Le lock;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back