• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The (once again) Scramble Challenge!!!

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    Lunacrest I think you are playing soulsilver if so then you get a Forretress that must know Self-Destruct/Explosion and must use it during battle against every gym leader and 1 E4 member.

Name: Zion
    Game: Emerald
    Pokemon: 5
    Restrictions: No trading(I will be doing this on emulator I can't trade or hack apparently my computer sucks)
    - Nosepass named Rudolph and must know Rock Smash and harden
    - Ditto no held Items
    - Breloom must have leech seed and only fighting type move is mach punch
    -
    -
    - Hm Slave

Lunacrest

has ninja'd: 2600
    Years
  • Name: Corona
    Game: SoulSilver
    Pokemon:
    Restrictions:
    - Sudowoodo that must always know Mimic. (Voge)
    - Docile Sentret that can't evolve until beating Pryce. (Amoroso)
    - Raticate nicknamed Radda that can't evolve until Level 33 and only normal-type move must be Cut. (Fang)
    - Forretress that must know Self-Destruct/Explosion, and the Steel/Bug Pokemon must be used in every gym leader battle, and 1 Elite Four member. (Walnut)
    -Bellsprout that can only evolve after every 3 Gyms (Whitney, and then Jasmine) (Aikido)
    - Hm Slave (MisterTurtle!

I'm all set and ready to go. Since Forretress needs to be used in Every Gym Battle, I need to hack in Pineco at the beginning of the game. I will have like Four of my Pokemon before Falkner. I will update with Screenshots.

Last edited:

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    Good Luck Lunacrest and with GrooveTurtle and Oshawott

Oshawott you get a Kriketune and it can only have one Bug type move at a Time and must solo at least one gym.

GrooveTurtle you get nothing because I had to look at the other posts and your full feel free to give me any though

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    Thanks for the Kriketune.

Tyranitar, you get a Jigglypuff that must have Sing and the 3 other moves have to be TM's or HM's

Name: Dominic
    Game: Platinum
    Restrictions: No Trading
    - Riolu that must evolve by level 10
    -Kriketune can only have one Bug type move at a Time and must solo at least one gym.
    -
    -
    -
    - Hm Slave

grooveturtle

Turtle Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    I'm full... but can Staryu learn "Surf" please... and none of my Pokemon can "Fly"... I don't know about the other Hms.
    Tyranitar: You get... Shuckle, who isn't allowed to use TMs!

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    I need 3 more pokemon to start the challenge.

-Kriketune can only have one Bug type move at a Time and must solo at least one gym.
    -
    -
    -
    - Hm Slave

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    Staryu can learn surf if shuckle can learn tm's.

Restrictions: No trading(I will be doing this on emulator I can't trade or hack apparently my computer sucks)
    - Ditto no held Items
    - Jigglypuff that must know sing and the other 3 must be tms/hms
    - Shuckle who isnt allowed to learn tms......suck it
    - Hm Slave

grooveturtle

Turtle Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    ... BS... Shuckle is ONLY allowed to use non-damage dealing TMs and TMs that have attack strengths equal to or less than 60. IF Staryu can get "Surf"
    To replace any (except Staryu) with something that can and is allowed to learn "Fly".
    Also, adding a Pokemon slot to my Party.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    Grooveturtle you get a Pidgey who's only flying type attack is fly and must always know sand attack.

-
    -
    -
    - Hm Slave

grooveturtle

Turtle Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    All set! As long as Tyranitar permits Staryu to be able to use the HM "Surf".
    @Oshawott:
    Gold is amazing, and because of that, you get an Aipom that must be named Aibo, that has to know at least two of these moves: Swagger, Scratch, Double Team, Agility, Baton Pass, and/or Double Hit.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    Thanks, 3 pokemon down and 2 to go.

-Aipom that must be named Aibo, that has to know at least two of these moves: Swagger, Scratch, Double Team, Agility, Baton Pass, and/or Double Hit.
    -
    -
    - Hm Slave

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    - Ditto no held Items
    - Shuckle with only tms with power equal to or less than 60
    - Jigglypuff with sing and other 3 attacks must be tms
    - Hm Slave

Yea turtle it can learn surf but cant evolve until it solos 1 E4 member instead of gym leaders.

grooveturtle

Turtle Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    Sounds good to me!
    Team:
    - Clefairy (know Metronome and Double-Slap, no evolving)
    - Caterpie (Won't be used at all, since it would be an HM slave anyway...)
    - Staryu (Only water attack is Surf, can't evolve until soloing any E4)
    - Pidgey (Fly and Sand-Attack, no flying moves)
    - Porygon (Must get before Sabrina)

thenickel09

Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Thanks, 3 pokemon down and 2 to go.

-Aipom that must be named Aibo, that has to know at least two of these moves: Swagger, Scratch, Double Team, Agility, Baton Pass, and/or Double Hit.
    -
    -
    - Hm Slave

You get a Shellos!
    -Only ground type move can be Mud Bomb.
    -Must know Rain Dance as soon as you can get/purchase the TM.
    -Can't battle wild Fire-type Pokemon, or used during Flint's E4 battle.
    -Can't evolve until you've either beaten Candice or it reaches Level 44.

Sorry if it's too harsh D:

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    Not to harsh, it's a challenge. And are you signing up?
    Can someone give me a pokemon that can use fly? please?

-Shellos only ground type move mud bomb, can't battle wild fire types and can't battle Flint.
    -
    - Hm Slave

Last edited:

grooveturtle

Turtle Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    Oh... I think I skipped that and the other one, since my slots were full, I ctrl+f'd "groove" and didn't actually read most of the posts... I have to comply with the rules of the "Duo-Species Challenge" while competing, and I already started the game.

Lunacrest

has ninja'd: 2600
    Years
  • Oshawott you get a Murkrow.

It's only Flying-type Move can be Fly, and it all 3 of its other moves need to be non-attacking moves. It can't evolve until you've solo'd Volkner, and have gotten to Level 50. Plus, you can't teach it any TM moves for non-attacking moves, and the only HM you're allowed to teach it is Fly.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    I'm ending my challenge because i can't get another pokemon. don't give me anymore pokemon. I'm not doing the challenge.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2012
    Name: Poueff
    Game Name: Poueff
    Game: Sapphire
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Restrictions: Anything but evolution related.

Grassmen (Wild-Grass): Platinum (3/5)
    Shieldon: Always must know Iron Defense, can't fight other Rock or Steel Types.
    Marill: Must switch out if it gets hit by the same move twice in a row. Can only evolve after Byron.
    Hippopotas: The only ground move it can learn is Fissure (but it doesn't have to learn it). Must be male, can only evolve after defeating 3 grass types by itself.

Add in Togekiss. Restriction: Can't know any flying type move but Fly. You can't use any healing items/reviving/PPuping/drugs on it but normal 20 HP potions (no leftovers nor HP restoring hold items either).
    And a hacked/traded in high level (around 50) Magmortar that you have to start all your battles with and stay in for 3 turns or 1 turn of enemy using stat enhancing moves (repels are ok). Can only heal if he is in the yellow/have to heal when he's in the yellow (mandatory) and you have to do it with your more important HP healing item (the one that recovers more HP, be it Max Potion or anything below it). If he faints you have to release a team mate and can't catch any other pokémon to add to your team (aside from HM slaves). You can't use him from the gym where they let you control him based on badges (I forget which one) to the 7th Gym (after winning the badge).

Last edited:
    Back